GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Flashlight = lags?

Error2k

Do you guys have a lags when using flashlight?

Edited by quxxo

Yes. Because I play GTA V on a Sega Dreamcast. Much lag.

Edited by JayWeazel

No I prefer holding a sign up that says hi everybody I'm over here please shoot me.

• Like 4

No I prefer holding a sign up that says hi everybody I'm over here please shoot me.

They have their uses and you can turn them off

You can turn them on/off for aiming?

Don't know what you're trying to say here, but I assume you mean to ask if it helps my aim. And by uses I meant you can use it as a light (if you need one in a dark area or if you want to setup lighting for snapmatic pics)

turning them off only lasts for that session, if you leave the session for any reason (mission/changing/etc) then the light is on again and if you want it off, then you have to shut it off again, i used to use the flashlight mod on all me guns, but that turning it off thing just bugged the hell outta me so i took it off of all of them

Yep, I get a lot of lag when I use the flashlight attachment on any gun. It's probably because the game has to generate all the shadows that occur because of the flashlight's light. I'm on Xbox 360, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

Yes, I do feel like the fps drops slightly when using the flashlight. That is why I took it off of all my guns.

Don't know what you're trying to say here, but I assume you mean to ask if it helps my aim. And by uses I meant you can use it as a light (if you need one in a dark area or if you want to setup lighting for snapmatic pics)

I didn't know you could physically switch the light off so I wasn't sure if you just meant that the attachment could be removed (at Ammunation).

So how do you actually deactivate it then? D-pad right?

edit: You can shine the light while taking a picture too??

Edited by Robaldinio

No...

but the real question is; why even use the flashlight? The game is usually morning time and even if it is dark, you can still see enemies just fine. I would have much rather had a laser in the game that increased accuracy. Flashlight is useless to me.

flashlights useful on missions on free aim

i play with a low brightness as well city looks so much better at night

Edited by paulmgrath
  • Like 2

Base Escape (Muscle car point to point) ;http://rsg.ms/1c6cMoT

Dam Busters (Motorbike point to point) http://rsg.ms/1d2nRI7

The Great Chaparral Race (High speed circuit) http://rsg.ms/1eMXbJK

Freeway Speedway (Multi-route freeway race) http://rsg.ms/1d2nFbD

Finding Dignity (White knuckle off road race) http://rsg.ms/1gdaMI1

Grand Senora Speedway (Super car lap race)http://rsg.ms/1gDmxYF

Red Light Drifter (Dirt bike lap race at Redwood Lights Race track) http://rsg.ms/1gDmhsH

Muscle Madness (Drift dirt track) http://rsg.ms/NwbR7x

No...

but the real question is; why even use the flashlight? The game is usually morning time and even if it is dark, you can still see enemies just fine. I would have much rather had a laser in the game that increased accuracy. Flashlight is useless to me.

There was a lazer can be attached to weapons, but it was removed in the final version -_-

They're on by default and if you forget you'll be spotted fast in DMs. If you need a flashlight equip it on a gun you rarely use and that can be your "flashlight".

• Like 1

They're on by default and if you forget you'll be spotted fast in DMs. If you need a flashlight equip it on a gun you rarely use and that can be your "flashlight".

Yeah that's what I do.

I'm still unclear about whether you can manually deactivate the flashlight (while aiming the gun) and how to do it. I guess I'll look it up myself some other time.

I hope you guys that are bothered with default=on has emailed that to R*. I have done it couple of times already, still hoping that they get some sense and make flashlights default to off. Current state is as stupid as if they made vehicles to always have engines running unless you turned them off.

streetx1xracer

turning them off only lasts for that session, if you leave the session for any reason (mission/changing/etc) then the light is on again and if you want it off, then you have to shut it off again, i used to use the flashlight mod on all me guns, but that turning it off thing just bugged the hell outta me so i took it off of all of them

Lol lazy af, it takes less than a second to turn it off.

ninjaontour

Yep, I get a lot of lag when I use the flashlight attachment on any gun. It's probably because the game has to generate all the shadows that occur because of the flashlight's light. I'm on Xbox 360, for what it's worth.

This. The old ass hardware showing its faults is all it is.

Do you guys have a lags when using flashlight?

My internet speed doesn't go down when I use a flashlight, so no.

(It's called an FPS drop, m8)

Yeah that's what I do.

I'm still unclear about whether you can manually deactivate the flashlight (while aiming the gun) and how to do it. I guess I'll look it up myself some other time.

While you are aiming your gun press right on the d-pad. This turns your flashlight on/off.

• Like 1

I didn't know you could physically switch the light off so I wasn't sure if you just meant that the attachment could be removed (at Ammunation).

So how do you actually deactivate it then? D-pad right?

edit: You can shine the light while taking a picture too??

No but if you stage photos with friends....