GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's the difference between the two different car parks at the i

StormerBoy

The place where your car is taken (every time you die with a wanted level ffs). There are two car parks. One is afaik an actual impound, and the other is the car park for the police station.

My car always used to end up in the impound, but just lately it is one or the other?

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

j4hhYw6.png

How is the impound a bad idea? Don't like it leave your garage with a different vehicle and call MMI to replace the one that was in impound.. For those of us who don't want to pay insurance bills all the time it's great

Shootinalloveryourface

OP, this has started happening to me recently also.

I thought it was cause I paid to get my car out of the impound. I did it for the first time a few weeks ago and since then it switches car parks.

Either way, the impound is the worst idea ever

No it's not. It's not as if getting you vehicle back is difficult.

• Like 2

The impound is one of Rockstar's better ideas, it just needs slightly better execution, i.e. the rules for when a vehicle is impounded need straightening out.

Yeah but who the f*ck wants to drive all the way to the Impound every time they get killed whilst wanted? Or alternatively have to pay a four figure sum to claim on the insurance, and even that is AFTER you wait long enough for the car to be destroyed from the Impound.

It's a f*cking stupid idea!

Furry_Monkey

Yeah but who the f*ck wants to drive all the way to the Impound every time they get killed whilst wanted? Or alternatively have to pay a four figure sum to claim on the insurance, and even that is AFTER you wait long enough for the car to be destroyed from the Impound.

You clearly don't understand the game mechanics. Get another car from your garage (either delivered or go get it) and your impounded vehicle is destroyed immediately. Yes, you're right that you have to pay for it, but I doubt that many people care about paying insurance for the sake of convenience. It's not like it's real money, and it's not like you couldn't get that money back in a matter of minutes.

In short - no. You don't have to wait for your car to be destroyed. I'd even forgotten that that happens.

You clearly don't understand the game mechanics. Get another car from your garage (either delivered or go get it) and your impounded vehicle is destroyed immediately. Yes, you're right that you have to pay for it, but I doubt that many people care about paying insurance for the sake of convenience. It's not like it's real money, and it's not like you couldn't get that money back in a matter of minutes.

In short - no. You don't have to wait for your car to be destroyed. I'd even forgotten that that happens.

Yeah but it's all money, money, money isn't it? Add up Ammo costs and everything else, and for those who prefer Free Roam to Jobs, you soon run the f*ck out.

Furry_Monkey

Yeah but it's all money, money, money isn't it? Add up Ammo costs and everything else, and for those who prefer Free Roam to Jobs, you soon run the f*ck out.

I mostly free roam and I never have money issues. Then again, my insurance cost is usually just over $100 becayse I don't drive a chroloswadder.

• Like 2

Don't get killed then or use an NPC's car or let them destroy your car and pay the insurance or start Rooftop Rumble and get your car back and do the mission at the same time. There are numerous solutions to this non-problem.

OP, this has started happening to me recently also.

I thought it was cause I paid to get my car out of the impound. I did it for the first time a few weeks ago and since then it switches car parks.

never payed to get my car out of impound. but it also started for me a few weeks ago.

autobot_hotwire

Wah! There's a consequence for dieing with a wanted level! I bet you cried over paying hospital bills every time you die, too? I can only imagine how much crying you'd do playing some old school games where you actually lost ALL of your sh*t if you died one too many times.
  • Like 2

Wah! There's a consequence for dieing with a wanted level! I bet you cried over paying hospital bills every time you die, too? I can only imagine how much crying you'd do playing some old school games where you actually lost ALL of your sh*t if you died one too many times.

I've played them, and didn't you lose all your sh*t simply because those old games didn't have the memory/complexity to save what you had?

autobot_hotwire

I've played them, and didn't you lose all your sh*t simply because those old games didn't have the memory/complexity to save what you had?Mostly. However, there were still games being made after save capabilities came about where your progress way reset after running out of lives. Today's gamers have never seen a "GAME OVER" screen.
  • Like 3

It certainly can get annoying if you're on the other side of the map though. Perhaps we could get some sort of impound in Blaine County to make that a little less frustrating?

• Like 1

autobot_hotwire

It certainly can get annoying if you're on the other side of the map though. Perhaps we could get some sort of impound in Blaine County to make that a little less frustrating?Just want to point out to some of the whiners, this post is what is known as constructive criticism. He criticizes the impound lot, while at the same time, offering a suggestion on what could alleviate the frustration he's feeling. Kudos!

Doesn't it merely swipe your car to the nearest impound?

Either way, I don't mind it. What I do mind, find annoying, is how aggressive the wanted system is.

It certainly can get annoying if you're on the other side of the map though. Perhaps we could get some sort of impound in Blaine County to make that a little less frustrating?

When it happens to me I just start up Rooftop Rumble and kill 2 birds with 1 stone (if I spawn near the impound that is).

Doesn't it merely swipe your car to the nearest impound?

Either way, I don't mind it. What I do mind, find annoying, is how aggressive the wanted system is.

There's only 1 impound isn't there?

it's been a good while since i've gotten impounded (2mo?), but last i checked it was $250 cash to get it out. only it actually didn't take the money, so basicly costing you nothing. should check it later, probibly fixed now though withthe updates.

There should be 2.

1 is located at the PD right where RR begins (fenced in lot) and the other should be at the PD in the same general area where there are 2 garage doors, each down a slope (can enter them). Unless I'm really blurring the line between MP and SP atm considering I'm picking SP up again.

never paid, just jumped over the back wall and drove off down the train tracks

had my car in both carparks as well

Just want to point out to some of the whiners, this post is what is known as constructive criticism. He criticizes the impound lot, while at the same time, offering a suggestion on what could alleviate the frustration he's feeling. Kudos!

both autobot hotwire & CReaper should be ashamed of yourselves this is the interweb goddamit start acting like it

There should be 2.

1 is located at the PD right where RR begins (fenced in lot) and the other should be at the PD in the same general area where there are 2 garage doors, each down a slope (can enter them). Unless I'm really blurring the line between MP and SP atm considering I'm picking SP up again.

I think you're thinking of the police station. That's only an impound in SP.

it's been a good while since i've gotten impounded (2mo?), but last i checked it was $250 cash to get it out. only it actually didn't take the money, so basicly costing you nothing. should check it later, probibly fixed now though withthe updates.

It is taking $250 from your bank -- but there is a glitch that makes the impound think the cash must be in your wallet.

Seems like R* are slowly filtering out that mechanic though... I think the only ones that remain are hookers and Lemar's mugger service (which is a total rip off by the way, but that's another thread).

For all the peeps that are for the impound system, tell me one reason why it's a good addition to the game because like others have mentioned, driving across the map is not exactly what I picture as fun IMO

Do you even know how much it costs to get a car out of the impound??

Hint: not much at all

overflow lot. ive never paid a dime to get car back, far too easy to steal it, lol

hornedturtle

For all the peeps that are for the impound system, tell me one reason why it's a good addition to the game because like others have mentioned, driving across the map is not exactly what I picture as fun IMO

because it implants a punishment for failing. or would you like the game to give you money every time you die?

I keep forgetting that I could just pay $200. I always go steal the car from impound. But one time, my Peyote was in impound after I lost a vicious 4-star gunfight with the cops, and when I stole it back I quickly found out that the car was still in the condition it was after the gunfight, with all tires flat (I don't have bulletproof tires on the Peyote). That was a bitch trying to get away from the impound lot with 2 stars and 4 flats; could not even accelerate or make a turn. :p

because it implants a punishment for failing. or would you like the game to give you money every time you die?

Maybe I should be more specific rather than get these dbag remarks, the main reason is just I don't wanna drive across the entire map if I'm in say Blaine county, that's just a poorly implemented idea.