GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

"Pegasus are reclaiming this vehicle."

Mathew4296

So I was at Sandy Shores Airstrip and I saw a Cuban 800 parked in the hangar and I was looking for an aircraft, so I took it. I needed ammunition and some c*nt caused the merchant at Sandy Shores to become hostile, so I thought I'd fly to Paleto Bay and grab some there. Any way, I was cruising over Mt Chilliad, making my preparations for landing when suddenly my aircraft locked up. I lost control of all the aircrafts functions, engine killed and was not able to jump out, I was helpless. I crash-landed and skidded till I hit a guard rail, which prevented me from going over the side of a cliff. I survived. I had no idea Pegasus was going to seize the plane, because I thought it was just an ordinary plane at an airstrip.

f*ck you, Pegasus.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Just thought I'd share, because honestly, it was pretty cool even with the inconvinience it caused.

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

inb4 'go to share your stories thread'

User was warned for this post.

• Like 4

It was someone's plane. I've stolen peoples tanks many times then griefed them until they left and Pegasus reclaims the vehicle every time.

• Like 1

How much time elapses from when you enter a Pegasus vehicle to when it gets reclaimed? Is it a set amount or is it variable?

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

How much time elapses from when you enter a Pegasus vehicle to when it gets reclaimed? Is it a set amount or is it variable?

When the owner leaves the session it gets locked up.

When the owner leaves the session it gets locked up.

Ah righto, cheers.

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne
  • Like 3

j4hhYw6.png

Not bad at all, it's enjoyable landing a plane when everything goes wrong.

:^:

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

10/10

a complain turned into a nice story!

If only there were a way to do this intentionally... Bit fed up of Pegasus since they 'fixed' the way you could use LSC to cancel a vehicle.

• Like 1

If only there were a way to do this intentionally... Bit fed up of Pegasus since they 'fixed' the way you could use LSC to cancel a vehicle.

Marketplace or random job marker.

Sounds like that book I was forced to read in middle school, "Hatchet". Glad you didn't have to survive in the wilderness alone, Mathew4296.

TigerStyleLoungeAct

I love the things that happen like this. The lucky landing reminds me of a few nights ago in that new 6x6 truck, went straight off a cliff but bounced on a rock off shore and managed to use the momentum to bounce/roll onto a beach. The random things make this game what it is.

Nice story man. Good pics to go with it too.

Marketplace or random job marker.

Result, cheers - any way during a mission?

Soran Is On

If you go to the games store then use the friends list to jump back into the same session you can make Pegasus reclaim your stolen vehicle. Just FYI. Don't think this works during a mission, well the games store might. Worth a try, does it even let you go to the games store during a mission? It must, what if you wanna buy a Kersh kerd to help fund your ammo for the mission...

Edited by stonedpimpso

Sounds like that book I was forced to read in middle school, "Hatchet". Glad you didn't have to survive in the wilderness alone, Mathew4296.

Who had to force you to read a good book? You should've done it willingly and thanked the Gods that it wasn't a copy of The Secret Garden or Where the Red Fern Grows. Edited by Accendo

inb4 Pegasus reclaim appreciation thread!

Because we all know, there has to be an appreciation thread about everything on this forum.

To the OP: thanks for sharing :) who'd like to go next? Anyone? No one?

Ok I'll go next. "Hi there, I'm Twist and I'm an alcoholic"...

Edited by DaTwista

So if I give a friend my Pegasus plane and jump into a marker and instantly return, I can witness him plummeting to earth?

Hell. Yes.

PoeticWhisper

Honestly even if the guardrail was not there, you probably would have been okay. You most likely would have glided into the ocean with enough momentum. Cool story though, I love crash landing planes (only when I have to)

This happened to me when I called for a mugger for a tanker. I kept killing him until he left and I got booted of the tank.

That was kinda funny, what isn't though, is that Pegasus is a horrible troll. Try calling for your plane while you're at the LS airport. As soon as you get near to it they "Move it back in storage". When you call again they put it all the way at the other end of the airport, and when you get near chances are they move it back in storage again. Sometimes I have to try 5 times before they actually want to give me my plane, but it never works first try.

• Like 1

inb4 Pegasus reclaim appreciation thread!

Because we all know, there has to be an appreciation thread about everything on this forum.

To the OP: thanks for sharing :) who'd like to go next? Anyone? No one?

Ok I'll go next. "Hi there, I'm Twist and I'm an alcoholic"...

In before "Appreciation thread appreciation thread."

LordVukodlak

So I was at Sandy Shores Airstrip and I saw a Cuban 800 parked in the hangar and I was looking for an aircraft, so I took it. I needed ammunition and some c*nt caused the merchant at Sandy Shores to become hostile, so I thought I'd fly to Paleto Bay and grab some there. Any way, I was cruising over Mt Chilliad, making my preparations for landing when suddenly my aircraft locked up. I lost control of all the aircrafts functions, engine killed and was not able to jump out, I was helpless. I crash-landed and skidded till I hit a guard rail, which prevented me from going over the side of a cliff. I survived. I had no idea Pegasus was going to seize the plane, because I thought it was just an ordinary plane at an airstrip.

f*ck you, Pegasus.

Well now I know what happened to that guy who stole my Vestra from the hanger.

To jump out press triangle on PS3.

When Pegasus reclaims a vehicle (especially a heli or plane), you can't jump out. The doors will lock and you have to plummet to the ground. Quite hilarious, I imagine.

I was in a bounty war with someone once and I flew my crippled buzzard to the hospital because I could tell that the other guy was making his way there. Sure enough, his brand new buzzard was waiting so I took it.

I was able to hold onto it for a while until I suddenly got a message similar to you, OP. Except I'm sure mine said that the player was reclaiming the vehicle... It was like when you're driving somebody's PV and they kick you out.

As it happens, I was sitting on a roof at the time so my character just hopped out unharmed. It's the first time I've ever experienced that though and I still don't understand how it happened. I mean, I've had my aircraft stolen lots of times and I usually just get a text from Pegaus informing me of the fact and I'm forced to watch my aircraft icon floating around the map.

Unless it just means they called for a new aircraft? I'm fairly sure you can't do that until the first one is destroyed though.

Edited by Robaldinio