3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is Vice City Stories the best GTA Game?

AndroidModz14

No, but it has the absolute best Raio and DJs in the series; even better than the original Vice City ones.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I think its my 4th, after Vice City, III & San Andreas, simply because of the amount of features in SA.

It is a great game to be sure, Not the best overall, although Its close as Vice City will always be no.1 for me...

Sometimes it wants to be III, but I don't allow that.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:12 PM, Mikeol1987 said:

I think its my 4th, after Vice City, III & San Andreas, simply because of the amount of features in SA.

It is a great game to be sure, Not the best overall, although Its close as Vice City will always be no.1 for me...

Sometimes it wants to be III, but I don't allow that.

Thank you for your opinion. And yeah I agree on Vice City, it's simply the best GTA game followed by SA.

Not in my personal opinion. However, it’s my fifth favorite behind only GTA IV/EFLC (I count the trilogy as one game), VC, III, and LCS. I really wish they’d make it as an app for iPhones and iPads..

Edited by Outlaw Biker Viking
  • 3 weeks later...

Def the best after the original Vice City, though I liked the general ambiance of the latter a bit more.

The yellow filter of the city looks beautiful especially during sunset and the soundtrack is a big improvement but parts of the city feel very empty.

Edited by DownInTheHole
  • Like 1

Wouldn't place it as my top contender for GTAs, VC and SA take that cake, but I have really fond memories playing VCS on my psp. Seriously an underrated game with good mechanics, story, characters and radio. was a good way to revist vice city, surprised this game isn't talked about more.

No, it is the worst. It has that Mendez mission in which you have to pick up a car from a chopper and I got stuck at it. Then my CD stopped working after some days..... GTA VCS is nearly impossible. I'll try out in emulator if I get a PPSSSPPP copy.

it's the 2nd best 3D GTA, after SA. the thing that drags it down for me is the enemy AI in cars that can shred vic apart in seconds. seriously what the f*ck is wrong with the fire rate of the enemy's weapons in gang and cop cars?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, Seahawk_2018 said:

Finally completed it in PPSSPP.

Me too. One of the greatest GTA games that I never got to play on the original psp or ps2. VCS might be my favorite of all the GTA games

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

It is indeed the best. Great story, awesome protagonist, excellent music, magnificent gameplay.

It is very underrated and I hope it gets the love it totally deserves.

10/10. Just perfect.

Been waiting for it to get ported to the ps4 but I guess its not gonna happen...

it is a very good game that few people are aware of, and a very good prequel to the original vice city.

Pretty much my second-favorite. ( And only really because Liberty City is my favorite city in LCS, it's definitely better in a features sense.)

I actually like doing the Empire Missions even after beating them for the outfit since they're simply that fun to play. (Even if the counter-attacks are absurd.)

Victor has fun melee grabs and the selection of weapons is actually mostly new models again. (After Rockstar heavily re-used guns in SA/LCS)

That said, locking the second half of the island/weapons to a little over halfway through the story was a bit much. (It's part of why I don't like SA, it takes way too long to even unlock ammu-nation period that it ends up feeling like padding.)

I'm also a fan of the story and kinda sad it's the only ps2/PSP era GTA game to not get an IOS port.

Edited by Samz707
  • 1 month later...

The best of the 3d era, following by San Andreas.

Underappreciated gem.

No way, its good but not the best GTA game..in terms of 3D Era VC and SA were better and in the HD era both games + Episodes from LC are superior

Of course!

It improved the combat system, brought a mix of properties from VC and gang wars from SA (empire buildings), and also brought back swimming from San Andreas, and did a lot more.

LCS has about 70 storyline missions, which is longer than this game that has 59 missions. However, it doesn't matter as LCS' story sucked ass 😛 and VCS' was magnificent.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't consider it the best. The list for the best goes: San Andreas, IV and V or Vice City, preferably V. Vice City Stories is for sure a very underrated and underappreciated game but it just doesn't fit the requirements and needs of being a top 3 game. I just finished the whole game 2 days ago. I had a lot of fun for sure, more fun than I've had with Vice City. But the controls and mechanics on PSP are just a pain in the ass, e.g. camera movement. If we're talking based on story, characters, etc. I would say top 6 or 7.

• 3 months later...
Jokeman123

Great game but V, IV, ELFC, SA and a few more were probably better. Wish it could come to steam or PS4 bcuz i have never played it

• 2 weeks later...
DownInThePMs
Posted (edited)

It was my first GTA so I have a lot of fond memories with it.

It's definitely up there with San Andreas, IV and the original VC.

The soundtrack was way better than the original VC.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • 3 weeks later...
GTAFanLuca
4 hours ago, OOOOO said:

I hate that I didn't have Playstation when this game came out and I never got a chance to play it. I could play it now but it's not the same since I'm used to more modern games. I feel like I missed out.

You truly have missed out. You should give this game a try. You will not regret it.

FazedWraith

It is through this game that I was introduced into the GTA Franchise. Seriously underrated game with a really good storyline and overall gameplay mechanics is very advanced for it's time. 
Very fond memories of playing this game on my PSP.