4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AndroidModz14

Is Vice City Stories the best GTA Game?

tommyvercettikiller666

no, but it's better than gta liberty city stories

Slax_Vice86

I have just finished replaying it recently, and after thinking about it, it's tied for me with VC for my favorite GTA.

I simply feel that VCS has too many ups and downs for me to consider it better than VC; VCS has a lot of aspects that make it excel from Vice City(be it some points in the story, a couple of visual aspects, the red balloons, etc.), but also some others that make it considerably worse than VC(again, some points in the story, many textures, awful framerate, the other half of the radios)...

It's just that while VC my be a constant 8(just a random number), VCS is at times a solid 10, but then it drops all the way down to a 4, sometimes an 8, other times it's just a 6...

I think I'll keep my"Vice86", though. :santa: VCS can have the title of"prettiest and most favorite sky of any game"title from me.

PhillBellic

It's my most liked 3D Era GTA Game. The Radio Stations won me over.

Arsen Vitiuk

This game is my second favorite in the III era, following close after GTA III. The city is much more vivid and colorful, it feels more alive. You could say it's the 80s in its glory!

The only thing that spoiled the game for me was Lance Vance. He always screwed up things for Victor, and I can believe Victor would never get into half of the troubles he were in if it wasn't for Lance... Makes killing Lance in Vice City much more enjoyable...

gluserty

I don't think it's the best game (I don't want to choose a favorite game from this series; I'm glad they all exist), but there's a lot I like about it.

First off, there's more neon in the game and Vice City is more graphically impressive here than the original game, especially the changing colors of the sky (seems to me that the first game still has some of Liberty City's dankness in some spots).

I feel there's more content and it's longer than the first game.

A lot of what San Andreas offered carried over to this game which are the ability to swim, gang wars became empire building (which explains the constant attacks, as San Andreas had constant attacks), able to keep weapons after death, and purchasing custom vehicles.

I think the missions for both games are both excellent, since they're both multifaceted.

I don't know, I think this game is a great companion piece to the first game; I can't get enough of both of them.

KY Jello

Unlocking the Clymenus suite and walking inside it for the first time and saw the view of the amusement park no game could come close

JTap0

I wouldn't say it's one of the better ones, but it did give us Rod Edge as a director.

B Dawg

The best? No. One of the best? Abso-f*cking-lutely, on the top among San Andreas and IV (+TLAD).

Edited by B Dawg

Femme Fatale

Nope, but it's underrated...

NearExpansion

Not the best game but a good supplementary story to VC. I like Vic Vance, a protag I actually liked to be playing rather than had to be in order to play the games. Yes the Stories game are short but to me filled the gap between SA and IV very well for me.

Ivan1997GTA

Is it the best? No. But is Vice City Stories one of the best GTA games? Yes. In my opinion, it's one of the most underrated GTA games. GTA Vice City Stories introduced empire building, which essentially replaces property and assets from it's sequel, GTA Vice City, and it's like an alternative to gang wars in GTA San Andreas, which is great. I wish empire building made a return in future games. The soundtrack, as expected from a game that takes place in the 1980's, is fantastic. Although the game is pretty short compared to the other GTA games, I feel that GTA Vice City Stories is a good companion game to GTA Vice City, much like how Liberty City Stories is a good companion game to III.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Hodgey.

It's fairly low down on my list of favourite GTA games. Maybe that's because I loved VC so much that VCS was always going to have a pretty impossible task to make me fall in love with the re-imagined city. VCS is a good game for what it is but with all the changes they made from the original VC it just lost some of it's atmosphere for me and therefore drops down in the list of my favourite GTA games.

Ribsey

I agree with Militia on a few points. If you're going for 100% then the initial "an entire GTA game awaits me" turns to "when is this over?" more often than not due to the tedious side missions. What makes this one so great are the illegal empire missions (Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery), the weather and lighting (sunsets!), the varied missions (even if a few are weak), the soundtrack, the characters and some other interesting tidbits lurking in the game.

Collecting vehicles is a pain on the PSP with the garage glitch (another glitch I come across is the random spawn encounter of the VCPD Cheetah, which can disappear from spawning at 3+ stars for a loooong time).

Edited by Ribsey

anthony

Finally starting the game now after setting up a little bit ppsspp, I tested the melee combat this afternoon real quick, what a blast! Now Im ready.

Quick question for you guys, am I going to get this feel of criminal world ?

Mr_Rager

Finally starting the game now after setting up a little bit ppsspp, I tested the melee combat this afternoon real quick, what a blast! Now Im ready.

Quick question for you guys, am I going to get this feel of criminal world ?

With the empire system sure. I personally enjoy it for its comfort value, the soft oranges and deep purples, just enjoy the aesthetics my man.

SMACKED!

If this game wasn't all sidemissions and it had more focusing on storyline then yes, I would say yes.

Edited by SMACKED!

Richie Makyura

The LCS & VCS are the best :inlove: ,but I prefer GTA 3 Than LCS but i love the 2 games :) and i no have decision to say what Vice City is Better, the Original or the Stories :panic:

anthony

So far so good! Love the atmosphere! Especially the relatio with phil and repo job with that other guy who beat his wife' so far amazing, this is a GTA; pure criminal stuff with bad people.

Lennart -

VCS is cancer. Sorry. f*cking try to make a good save. The side missions are horrible. Duping = skips missions. Om0 = unstable af.

RationalPsycho made it a better game.

universetwisters

The best? Far from it.

>Whiny protagonist
>graphic downgrade
>a plot that involves you to build up an empire knowing you'll lose it by the time Vice City comes out
>Also a plot that moves either too fast or pads out way too much (HEY VIC MEET THIS COOL GUY I'M WORKING WITH NOW WAIT NEVERMIND HES A COP)
>random DEFEND YOUR BUSINESS THATS ACROSS THE MAP notifications worse than the random DEFEND YOUR HOOD notifications from SA
>barely memorable characters

>the gang rancher

At least with LCS it felt like a proper prequel showing how everything got to be where they were when III took place, but VCS was just some story that happened to take place in Vice City before the events of VC.

Edited by universetwisters

Ash_735

>Also a plot that moves either too fast or pads out way too much (HEY VIC MEET THIS COOL GUY I'M WORKING WITH NOW WAIT NEVERMIND HES A COP)

I blame production on this, there's was three cut missions between those two, so you were supposed to be working with Forbes and THEN it was revealed he's a cop.

Russian Mobster

YUP, AND IT WAS MY FIRST GTA TOO, THE LAST ONE THAT I PLAYED WAS GTA III

BACK TO THE TOPIC, OF COURSE, I DONT THINK THAT EVERYONE SAY THAT THIS IS THE BEST ONE, BUT IT IS FOR ME AND THATS ENOUGH

Journey_95

Not even close but its still underrated and overall a solid prequel. Certainly way more enjoyable than LCS which had a sh*tty protagnist, low budget cutscenes and lack of features.

kevincube19900917

When will this cool game available on iphone or ipad? I really appreciate when rockstar release it to apple devices.
The LCS is also available, i dont know why is not.

Do you know somebody that this game will appear on apple devices?

TommyTheMan

Can't beat original Vice City but still the sidemissions are some of the best in all GTA-games. Also, I don't know if it's just nostalgia but I liked VC's radio way more than VCS's.

Inttelix

What more do you want? it is Vice City with Jet-Ski's and you can swim. There are a lot of properties to play around too.

It looks like it has a SA game engine too.

ViceBoy69

first place GTA5 i nearly choked on my coffee.

Back to original question VCS would have been a better game if it hadnt been limited to ps2 and psp, should have been on PC and XBOX

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)

Can't say it is the best. But, it is still quite good as the game is part of the 3D era that is always fun to pick up and play with plenty of choices for sandbox enjoyment. The only thing that keeps me from playing this game is the platform of choice. As a PC player, its not possible to immerse myself in the game by playing on a PSP, plus the downgrade, and several issues that makes it technically inferior to other GTA's.

Edited by Am Shaegar

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Talking about my opinion as well; I don't consider it as the best (or better to say favorite) GTA game. It's one of my favorite games, but still not the very favorite. Maybe the second, just after GTA San Andreas and IV (I kinda like those two equally).

I like how Vice City Stories combines things from Vice City and San Andreas, such as the engine (well, it's VC's engine actually, but with touches of SA's engines and animation, in addition to swimming) and the empire building mini-game (which is most likely a combination of Vice City's purchasable properties and San Andreas' territory gang wars), which I prefer over San Andreas' gang wars. Story was cool too, same with the game's theme as whole.

A very underrated game. I was hoping to see a mobile port for the game anytime around 2016 till today, but it's unlikely happening.

Edited by Kane49