3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AndroidModz14

Is Vice City Stories the best GTA Game?

UshaB

Gta Vice City Stories, it was the first gta I bought, but san andre was first I've played. However, Victor Vance is more badass than any motherf*cker.

GTA_Sharpshooter

It is a cool game,it wasn't my first but they did f*cking good for a ps2 game.The best thing about it is the Empire Building,i feel like da boss with those missions.Recruiting guys and taking over bussnisses.Cool soundtrack and funny characters (Diaz and Lance were gold)

Veroder

It's a great game and it's a bit underrated, but it is certainly not the best game in the franchise.

MrVance

Far from being the best GTA but it is still better than original VC. IMO. Because of all extra new activities and combat system which was the best in whole GTA.

Le zébu suintant

VCS was my first gta, but not the best. The second after SA for me.

Jerking For Soup

Obviously VC, who would disagree.

GTA IV and 5 stand a fair chance though.

Predator

This was the first gta i finished and then i became a fan and finished them all,even other rockstar games,and also similar games like scarface, driver parallel lines,etc,and this game is in my top five of best games of all time.

DJToni

I feel like VCS is an underrated game. Not just in the GTA series, but video games in general. Newer GTA fans, and or less knowledgeable GTA fans, tend to play favorites for the most recent games in the series, specifically GTAV. Since so many people play the new games, they don't give the older games like VCS a chance. So the GTA veterans know the value of the originals, like VC and VCS.

--Vega--

Well, it is better looking than the original VC and as far as side missions and stuff go, it reigns supreme over any other GTA. The thing that hurt it is that Vic isn't all that great and the story along with the dialog is lacking and feels empty during the missions.

But as far as stuff to do after 100% this one reigns the best (even over SA).

helpplease

VCS stories is probably the most flawed non top down GTA of the series. So many problems:

Not enough traffic density

Controls are not great (manual aim is R1 and then down button)

Too many police on patrol

The Sharks chase you down everywhere CONSTANTLY which is annoying as hell

probably more I cant think of right now

Despite this VCS is level with VC if not slightly ahead.

I think what makes VCS great is despite the sh*tty Empire missions which admittedly were badly coded- the main missions were very innovative. There was a bit of everything in the game.

Papi Dont Screech- has there been a mission like this in the entire series? I cant think so.

The mission where you are high

Blowing up the top floor of the final mission building with the helicopter

The Domestobot mission

Hoes the Hose which I know some dont like but I thought was a good mission

The film mission where you ram into the red cars

The missions are easily the most varied of the series and that is why I think despite its very real and serious flaws it is one of the best of the series if not the best. I can look past the god awful empire mode and avoid using manual aim. I agree it sucks though and that in 2006 R* should have done better. Infact I am kind of angry that they didn't refine the controls to make it better and find it disgusting that the Godfather perfected the controls on the first attempt and created a better Empire system with better enemy AI. I find that inexcusable and incompetent but that is R* for you. They are great at creating environments and missions but suck at the actually programming.

San Andreas ironically is probably the best coded of the series. It has better controls but the actual direction was miserable. Boring missions and a lack of cohesion to the story are not compensated by better controls.

Edited by helpplease

--Vega--

^You can stop the Sharks from chasing you by taking over all their businesses. Everytime I get to the second island I immediately take over all the Shark empires, which literally takes like 40 minutes and I don't even have to save it is so easy.

HeavyDuke

GTA Vice city was the best, VC stories was awesome as well. That 80's feeling was so sweet.

Testarossa

It was a great game, but a total pain in the ass with the PSP controls.

Pavle

Great game. But the "original" VC keeps the spot for best GTA.

Sebyy_HBK

Great game and all but not the best... I finished the game 2 times on my PSP . Didn't like Vic too much . Tommy is much better in my opinion. VC>VCS

Pastry

They're on par for me. VCS is freaking awesome. It even has normal flyable planes <3

Pavle

They're on par for me. VCS is freaking awesome. It even has normal flyable planes <3

I didn't say that VCS isn't great. But it's not as great as the "original" VC.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, I much prefer VC to VCS. In fact, I prefer III, VC, SA, and LCS to VCS, as well. VCS is my least favorite out of the 5 3D Era GTA Games.

Pastry

I didn't say that VCS isn't great. But it's not as great as the "original" VC.I didn't say that you said "VCS isn't great."

Pavle

I didn't say that VCS isn't great. But it's not as great as the "original" VC.
I didn't say that you said "VCS isn't great."

Let's just say that both are great.

Kostadinoff

My first GTA was Vice CIty,but my favourite is San Andreas. That's classic.

vengeancehawk

GTA V

DanielH

GTA V is easily my favourite, followed by GTA IV, then San Andreas. Any of the others, I could happily take or leave. I would even put the original top down GTA ahead of this in terms of the amount of enjoyment I got out of it.

Edited by DanielH

Lethal Vaccine

I've commented last year in this topic, so I am commenting again with an updated opinion:

I like VCS a lot. I've found the game to be quite varied with a lot to do. Before, it was like pulling teeth to do some of the objectives the game had to offer, but this time around, I thought it was a lot of fun and didn't have any troubles.

One thing that still bothers me of the Empire Side Missions. Taking over all 30 Empires is kinda neat, I guess, but the actual Side Missions you must do (Protection Racket - 15 Jobs, Loan Shark - 15 Jobs, Prostitution - 15 Jobs, Drugs - 6 Jobs, Smuggling - 6 Jobs, and Robbery - 6 Jobs) were really stupid. Not only once, but both times I did them I wasn't really having fun. A lot of it is nonsense and repetitive. But other than those Side Missions for the Empire Sites, I liked everything else. VCS no longer "scares" me, either. It's probably equivalent to VC, tbh...

Luna 51

This game is very good, but underrated. Along with LCS, if it was on PC, it wouldn't have been so underrated. It is not my favorite, but it is a good game overall, the only thing I pretty much find annoying is the paramedic (along with the original), haven't even passed it once.

Lethal Vaccine

Paramedics was ALWAYS easy for me. The only time I would be on the edge of my seat doing it is in GTA III. But it never presented a challenge in VC, SA, LCS, or VCS...

I am about to learn how it's done in CTW, too. As I just started my CTW playthrough yesterday and already did Taxi Fares and got a BP Taxi! :)

Haha365

While a pretty fun game, I couldn't say that I thought it was the best. I enjoyed VC and SA more.

DanielH

I find VCS to be the most abominably frustrating game I have ever played, and one that I can never see myself actually finishing with my PS Vita still intact.

lastmanonearth

Much more fun than V, that I have zero doubt of, but the best one was SA, hands down. The biggest map and the most fun activities. VCS had better music than V though, and second best in that department to the original VC.

Dealux
One thing that still bothers me of the Empire Side Missions. Taking over all 30 Empires is kinda neat, I guess, but the actual Side Missions you must do (Protection Racket - 15 Jobs, Loan Shark - 15 Jobs, Prostitution - 15 Jobs, Drugs - 6 Jobs, Smuggling - 6 Jobs, and Robbery - 6 Jobs) were really stupid. Not only once, but both times I did them I wasn't really having fun. A lot of it is nonsense and repetitive. But other than those Side Missions for the Empire Sites, I liked everything else. VCS no longer "scares" me, either. It's probably equivalent to VC, tbh...

I was really into it at first but then I realized the missions were quite annoying and at some points you would get constantly attacked, sometimes twice in a row on a property that you have already defended. Even the gang wars in SA weren't this annoying. I basically didn't bother to defend anything until I got the 29 businesses that were available and then the attacks stopped.

What was\were the side mission(s) that you had the most trouble with?