GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

TA/AA and FA pros and cons

Mikelo

Hello everybody

I made this thread to list the pros and cons of playing the Traditional aiming/Assisted aiming mode servers and playing the Free Aim servers, if you can't decide this thread may help you to choose wich mode fits for you.

Ok i'll start.

TAA/AA:

The Traditional GTA and the Assisted Aiming servers are the same, the difference between these two is that Traditional lets you aim at your targets for a long time (the time that the lock-on gets stuck to the target depends of the movement of the target) and flick between multiple targets, while Assisted Aiming doesn't let you flick and the lock-on lasts for a short period of time. Auto-aim has sometimes been judged because of its simplicity and basic combat, but that's the aspects that the TAA/AA users enjoy from it, just sitting there with your fellas killing people with the game doing the hard work of aiming, and it's basic combat that consists of aim to the head and shoot, with the ocassional combat rolls instead of constant practicing, wasting your time, just makes auto-aim an aiming mode so comfortable and simple that a lot of people love it. Preferred by casual gamers, people that don't want to feel the game so hard and complicated, that just wants to relax and enjoy the game... and people that don't know the existence of Free Aim servers.

Pros:

-You are almost guaranteed to find decently full lobbies, and if you don't, most of the time is because of your internet connection.

-Newbies and casual gamers have a chance against the veterans and pros, since aiming and killing is easy.

-Since the AI has auto-aiming, killing NPCs is considerably easier than in FA.

-If you don't feel like getting everything so hard and you want it easy, this is your server.

-Driving killers aren't a problem here, if you're on foot and someone in a car tries to kill you, you have a big advantage against him because of the auto-aim, plus the terrain of the game lets you climb in areas that the vehicles can't get in.

Cons:

-Killing people is so easy, that almost all of the players will kill you in sight.

-This is were almost all of the annoying kids and unorganized spawn killing dicks are.

-Like i stated in con 1, while you're in a vehicle and you pass by a player, there's a great chance that the mentioned player kills you since the lock-on can lock on drivers too.

-PvP is so basic and simple, that even an 8 year old can kill you, if you want serious and competitive PvP don't try this, these servers are full of fake deaths, easy kills, cover abusers, and a lot of chimp rolls.

FA:

The place of the old guys of GTA Online, free aim is often called the best server for playing this game mainly because of the constant friendly attitude and the full of adrenaline PvP battles. Most of the free aim players consider themselves veterans and they can't stand TAA/AA because they think it's stupid, hostile and so basic. GTA V has Traditional GTA as the preset aiming, and the majority of the GTAO's population stay there because some people don't know how to play on the FA servers or, even better, they don't know about FA existence. Free Aim is often lonely and so empty, if you used to play TA/AA, the first impressions of FA will not be the best ones, and that's because of the bad aiming of the game, the practice, etcetera. But once you get the trick, you have great chances of you don't wanting to leave. Preferred by people that want a competitive gameplay that consists of mere skill, that want a real challenge, and that hate the lock-on.

Pros:

-Since killing has its science and skill, almost all of the community and loners tend to not to shoot and instead, being friendly with people, creating a peace ambient.

-The PvP is considerably more interesting and more amazing, in auto-aim the combat is so simple that the deathmatches become sometimes boring because of it simplicity, in FA, instead of the game doing the work of aiming you and your skill are doing that work, creating fun PvP battles that needs strategy, skill, and good partnership.

-The dicks and annoying kids that i wrote about them above, they're not here, instead, there's a lot of mature people and people that are really into games, you can find from mature good sport skilled gamers, or difficult and intelligent trolls and killers.

-When you want a nice ride in your new wheels you don't need to care about pedestrian peasant players, because their aiming will not be so accurate to shoot a guy that is moving fast.

Cons:

-The servers are so empty, it'll be hard to you sometimes to find a lobby with a normal amount of players, but if you got a great connection you have more possibilities to end up in a decently full lobby.

-The mastermind trolls and dicks are here, remember when i told you about the unorganized spawn killing dicks? Well, these guys are next level trolls, if you have played FA you know what i'm talking about, there are 2 kinds of these people, The Crew Members and The Machines, The Crew Members are very common, these people tend to go killing everybody in the lobby in group, all from the same crew, with these assholes almost all of the time you can see the lobby's player list and half of the player would have the same crew tag on their names, killing like wolves hunting preys, they almost always have mic and they will use strategies to spawn kill you, The Machines, these guys are loners that take FA at their own advantage, they're almost always in Buzzards, jets, tanks, bulletproof rear cars with sticky bombs, every vehicle that gives them advantage they will use them against you, and remember, you don't have lock-on, so itl'd be hard to aim at a guy in a vehicle. They willuse the most dirty tactics to kill you.

Well, these are the pro and cons for now, you can write replies telling me more pros and cons and i'll add them here.

Edited by Mikelo
  • Like 4

Very nice post! +1

I miss FA lobbies, but they're too empty and now I'm back to the traditional aiming. The main thing I enjoyed in FA (As you said) friendlier people compared to AA kill on site lobbies.

TAA/AA cons

-Killing people is so easy, that almost all of the players will kill you in sight.

Subjective per individual. Although, you really can't list this as a con, as it's not particularly a bad thing. This is GTA after all.

-This is were almost all of the annoying kids and unorganized spawn killing dicks are.

Not entirely. I've met my fair share of losers, dicks, kids, and annoyances in FA as well.

-PvP is so basic and simple, that even an 8 year old can kill you, if you want serious and competitive PvP don't try this, these servers are full of fake deaths, easy kills, cover abusers, and a lot of chimp rolls.

As the targeting system changes, so does the game. The reason there are "fake deaths" (?), cover abusers, and a lot of rolling is because it's easy to kill. Since it's easy, players have to find ways of surviving, which includes hiding, rolling, and overall using different tactics. Adaptation is the rule here. Don't even tell me that they don't do any of this in FA either.

FA Cons

-The servers are so empty, it'll be hard to you sometimes to find a lobby with a normal amount of players, but if you got a great connection you have more possibilities to end up in a decently full lobby.

As far as I know, these days, the lobbies are always empty. It's gotten to the point where I've actually received/had to send invitations to players outside of my prefered targeting style to do a mission because there was literaly no one in FA. No one even joined.

-The mastermind trolls and dicks are here, remember when i told you about the unorganized spawn killing dicks? ...They willuse the most dirty tactics to kill you.

The same can be said about AA, because even there you cannot lock onto tanks/buzzards (while on foot). Not really a con though, as it's part of GTA,

Overall I find your ideas flawed in most cases. The only valid con I've found is that in AA, players can kill you while you're driving a car. Even then it's not all bad because in FA, an Entity is pretty OP. Hell, any fast car is pretty OP. The different targeting styles are there to cater to different players. Furthermore, neither style is necessarily more elite than the other, as each has their own way of playing. AA is defensive-based, while FA is tactical-based.

Edited by Dannnisaur
  • Like 1

xoC18H21NO3xo

Another con for AA: If you rely on it to aim, it will bypass the guy standing in front of you with a shotgun and kill the innocent pedestrian farthest away from you.

Con for FA: "It was a headshot. Get your skills up." says the guy god mode.

YogurtStorm

I always preferred free aim and will keep using it, idgaf if I live in ghost town. At least Ghost town has got skillz

• Like 1

Free aim here, my preference, my choice but that doesn't make me feel superior or elitist.

Sorry OP but this is another of those threads on a loop that continually appear, end up in a bun fight and completely off topic.

Its a game, nothing more, nothing less. The game comes with options that allow a larger demographic to pay and play. Makes good business sense as we are all individuals and all have different expectations and time to invest.

We may as well start a thread about Low control sensitivity versus High control sensitivity!!

Appreciate though that you have put a lot of thought into your post......

V HoneyBadger V

Free aim here, my preference, my choice but that doesn't make me feel superior or elitist.

Sorry OP but this is another of those threads on a loop that continually appear, end up in a bun fight and completely off topic.

Its a game, nothing more, nothing less. The game comes with options that allow a larger demographic to pay and play. Makes good business sense as we are all individuals and all have different expectations and time to invest.

We may as well start a thread about Low control sensitivity versus High control sensitivity!!

Appreciate though that you have put a lot of thought into your post......

God forbid someone makes a valid thread and wishes to express their opinion on a forum. The sheer nerve of the OP, right?

This thread does not continually appear. Other threads are rants. This is an evaluation of both options.

What does appear are the Appreciation Threads which should actually have all content put into the stickied thread. But they don't because they are valid threads.

OT: I think I might try to find Free Aim lobbies. The pros seems to appeal to me, because I am sick of kids getting cheap kills on me.

Also, you mentioned about Traditional Aim losing locking depending on movement of the target. This seems to apply much more to people on foot than in vehicles, despite the huge increase in movement. Somehow you able to keep a steady aim at a driver of someone going past at least 100mph, yet aim is lost when a pathetic roll out the way is made. Logic.

Nice thread, by the way. I pretty much agree with all of your points. Not entirely sure what you mean by fake deaths though.

#FreeAimMasterRace

If you're reading this, then know this: Jesus Christ loves you.

sig.png

Furry_Monkey

Pros

Choice.

Cons

Everyone turns into a wanker saying their choice is the best.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 3

RoyalRedXIII

[...]

Whoa whoa whoa! LOL I found waaayyyy too much of what you said to be either inaccurate or subjective.

-{Auto-aim has sometimes been judged because of its simplicity and basic combat, but that's the aspects that the TAA/AA users enjoy from it, just sitting there with your fellas killing people with the game doing the hard work of aiming, and it's basic combat that consists of aim to the head and shoot, with the ocassional combat rolls instead of constant practicing, wasting your time, just makes auto-aim an aiming mode so comfortable and simple that a lot of people love it.}

Lol there is wayyy more involved in AA than that. And often times I tend to find that people who believe that are the ones who come to an AA lobby and get murked because of their lack of consideration for strategy. It's foolish to think you can just point and shoot and that will be effective against a strategic player.

Occasional combat roll? Lmao.

{-Newbies and casual gamers have a chance against the veterans and pros, since aiming and killing is easy.-Killing people is so easy, that almost all of the players will kill you in sight.

-Like i stated in con 1, while you're in a vehicle and you pass by a player, there's a great chance that the mentioned player kills you since the lock-on can lock on drivers too.

-PvP is so basic and simple, that even an 8 year old can kill you, if you want serious and competitive PvP don't try this, these servers are full of fake deaths, easy kills, cover abusers, and a lot of chimp rolls.}

All of this happens to be true IF YOU SUCK, AND DONT KNOW HOW TO USE EVASIVE MANVEUVERS WHEN YOU DRIVE.

Almost all player will kill you in sight? Yeah, that sounds like somebody who just gets killed a lot anyways lol. I sure know that not me. And if you keep getting killed in your car, I suggest you get a faster car with some armor and STOP DRIVING IN STRAIGHT PREDICTABLE LINES.

{ free aim is often called the best server for playing this game mainly because of the constant friendly attitude and the full of adrenaline PvP battles. Most of the free aim players consider themselves veterans and they can't stand TAA/AA because they think it's stupid, hostile and so basic.

-The dicks and annoying kids that i wrote about them above, they're not here, instead, there's a lot of mature people and people that are really into games, you can find from mature good sport skilled gamers, or difficult and intelligent trolls and killers.}

Lol this is a BOLD LIE. I've spent time in BOTH AA AND FA lobbies and found the same things: Tank scrubs, trolls, noobs, griefers, 12 years screaming in their mics, hackers, modders, etc. THE ONLY DIFFERNCE is that everyone feels safer cause you can walk out in the open withou fear of being headshoted in .025 seconds, unless you run into that veteran player with a dead eye and a mean streak.

{But once you get the trick, you have great chances of you don't wanting to leave. Preferred by people that want a competitive gameplay that consists of mere skill, that want a real challenge, and that hate the lock-on.

-Since killing has its science and skill, almost all of the community and loners tend to not to shoot and instead, being friendly with people, creating a peace ambient.

-The PvP is considerably more interesting and more amazing, in auto-aim the combat is so simple that the deathmatches become sometimes boring because of it simplicity, in FA, instead of the game doing the work of aiming you and your skill are doing that work, creating fun PvP battles that needs strategy, skill, and good partnership.}

Yeah, as if. The only skill involved in FA is having a steady hand and eye, or just having good coordination. Strategy? Almost. Non existent in comparison to AA. I will admit that FA takes more practice and work to be good, but the thought process there is very little.

FA shooters don't like the fact that AA aims for you... BECAUSE THATS ALL THEY WANNA DO lol. Having the aiming aspect of combat handled for you may be considered "easy" but it opens up room for other aspects of fighting I don't typically see in FA.

The reason they get mad and say "all you gotta do is hold the button and shoot" is because that's all they wanna do in FA. You'd be made too if AA took away the ONLY thing you wanna do by doing it for you, which is pointing and shooting.

FA shooters would rather zig zag back and forth in the middle of the street doing cartwheels and spin kicks for 1 hour tryna land enough bullets just to kill a guy. And the. You kill him, the. You both run back to the middle of the street and do it again! Lol.

They'd much rather do that then have to actually rely on implementing some other tactics like using vehicles, utilizing the full arsenal instead of just rifles and MGs, think about cover and field position or use explosives or other things.

And to tell you the truth, that can be fun! I do play it at times, and I enjoy what it has to offer, But to say it takes more STRATEDGY is laughable.

{-The servers are so empty, it'll be hard to you sometimes to find a lobby with a normal amount of players, but if you got a great connection you have more possibilities to end up in a decently full lobby.}

In my experience I have not found this to be true. Although there are more AA players, I've never had trouble joining a full FA lobby in the past few months. If anything, I have trouble inviting a friend cause the lobbies are usually full.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

Free aim pro: Can't be shot out of buzzard or other helicopter easily with auto aim.

con: players are far better snipers, so flying a jet or buzzard can become a lot more frustrating.

CrazyDog150

#FreeAimMasterRace

And another User that doesn't know the origin of "master race"...

streetx1xracer

Free aim obviously, but I go into aa with my friend since its so easy.. pisses people off.

Furry_Monkey

Auto Aim : Pros

Easy to kill people

Get a higher KD ratio

Rank up easier

Auto Aim : Cons

No actual skill required, therefore you never get better at the game

Lobbies filled with skill-less squeakers

Lobbies that cheaters and modders hang out in

Free Aim : Pros

Much higher skill required, so a better class of player

Less squeakers due to required skill level

Friendlier lobbies with nicer people

Free Aim : Cons

None

This is a troll post to see how many people will pay attention to the "hidden" text that you are now reading.

PinkRibbonScars

Used to play free aim but then I quit because:

1. Lobbies are ghost towns. I might as well play in solo sessions.

2. Missions take longer to complete. Plus the AI enemies are superhumans, it's like they were given a dose of the super soldier serum.

3. None of the IGN crew members play in FA.

4. I actually find trolls in FA lobbies to worse than others because most of them are smarter at trolling tactics.

I used to love free aim but now the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. I use traditional gta now.

Furry_Monkey

I don't even know how to get in a FA lobby. A little help please?!

In single player, go to the menu, settings and in controller settings you can change the aim type. Once you've done that then you'll go into sessions of whatever you chose.

Cons for both:

None. I pick off bastards in the distance with a minigun. The same deal anyway

I f*cking love free aim. I only joined about a month ago. Best decision I made in my GTA Online experience. It's a f*cking utopia. Much less hostility, no cheap kills and a lot more people use the mic and are mature. The only 2 downsides to FA are that no one play jobs and there are always those fa**ot filled pseudo-mafias full of people with gamertags like "Don A Gambino" and other assorted wannabe guido loser sounding gamertags that message you every time they kill some e.g. "At 7:36 PM EST Pr0nLover69 was assassinated by the Pastalini Crime Family."

Edited by Inbred Walrus

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Even though i like FA more, i was forced to changed to AA because of the desolation of FA lobbies since the 1.14 update.

Edited by Dark Pride

PinkRibbonScars

#FreeAimMasterRace

I guess you're not familiar with the pc master race meme. It's all over the Internet.

still waiting for an TA/AA player to write a story with undertones about how awesome TA/AA is.

I like what OP did there.

--

TA/AA pros: fun.

FA pros: better at aiming.

BondageKitty

The true winners are the people that don't restric themselves to only one aim setting.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Free Aim is easier to get kills for me. Go in cover then aim where the person's head would be then a couple shots and dead. In AA you waste ammo to much when the aim goes directly for the chest then the person your aiming at rolls and kills you unless you decide to roll a second after they do.

ten-a-penny

I find all aiming lobbies empty. that's why I stick with auto aim, I still can come with some players. I'll switch to Assisted Aim though.

streetx1xracer

#FreeAimMasterRace

I guess you're not familiar with the pc master race meme. It's all over the Internet.

f*ck pc master race, it's all about the Aryan race.

RoyalRedXIII

Auto Aim : Pros

Easy to aim at players

Rank up faster cause jobs are easier

Auto Aim : Cons

Lobbies that cheaters and modders hang out in

Free Aim : Pros

It's fun to play and challenging to learn

More RP offered for jobs and activities

Free Aim : Cons