Combine Harvester was in GTA 5

Son Of Big Boss

Son Of Big Boss

Well, i was reading in GTA wiki about Beta vehicles from GTA 5, when suddenly i saw this picture:

CombineHarvester-GTAV-Beta.png

It was found in some texture file, probably the model was in the beta GTA 5, i see this disappointing, why Rockstar deleted it?, it's a great choice to kill peds!

Edited by Son Of Big Boss
  • Like 3

ViceCityStalker

Probably cut due to the lame amount of gore in GTA V.

Stevilknievel

Console limitations... duh

Officer Ronson

I don't see what is the big deal about it, it's big, it doesn't fit in most places, in San Andreas the limbs were always the same person and they just fell through the ground like if it had they had no collision.

Cforumlbgfeva

:dozing:

The games Rated M. Rockstar should have put the thing in.

Acording to rockstar it's too gory or bla bla whatever their excuse is

oka.gif

• Like 3

ViceCityStalker

Yeah but what I actually meant was the overall damage models of pedestrians was terrible,not even on the same planet as RDR and MP3 I mean the bullet holes look like somebody shat on them and not shot them.They would need to have gore physics like something from the upcoming Killing Floor 2 for the harvester to work properly,doing this it would look bloody awesome though chasing after the idiotic peds in Los Santos,stalking them slowly then mowing them down as blood,limbs and guts sprayed everywhere.

Edited by ViceCityStalker

Gonna go with the gore reason.

Same can be applied to:

• Chainsaw

• Machete

• Katana

• Etc

Nerf the gore and buff the sexual and lyrical maturity. Weak tradeoff. I hate excessive swearing, and I couldn't care less for the awkwardness of sex scenes in any of my media. Bring back the GORE Rockstar. Combine Harvester wasn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

Detective Phelps

Future DLC. ;)

Trevorphilipjfry

Adding gore to GTA might be controversial and some "mums" will get a bit pissy, there definitely is some scope for added gore though, remember a certain "financial advisor" for a certain "multi billionaire" stake holder

Funny to read that they did not add a Harvester in this game because of the gore.... EVERYONE knows what the players would do with it xD

The "gore: comment made me wonder if the upcoming "proper" V will have proper gore... and woundage.

op- love the harvester

The heist man

it was on san Andreas on PS2 so you comment is invalid.
  • Like 2

sd_zps3ac0a2d0.png

Detective Phelps

it was on san Andreas on PS2 so you comment is invalid.

Looks like someone can't detect sarcasm...

They cut it beacause:

1. It's a harvester to harvest fields. But there are no fields to harvest! At least in SA there were fields.

2. Gore? For f*ck sake its a +18 game, what do you expect? (It should be included)

Anyways, it would be cool to turn LS into a bloody mess!

Edited by Jenia

universetwisters

I don't get how RDR can have gore but GTA 5 couldn't.

Moving on, I would've loved to see the combine harvester, but I'm not sure where it would be found on the map. San Andreas had corn or wheat (I think wheat but I'm not too sure) which made the inclusion of a combine practical. Looking at GTA V, it didn't have much corn/wheat fields. Come think of it, do those kinds of crops grow in SoCal? I've seen some rows on the ground in North Yankton that look like snowed-over fields like that, but it would've been too cold for stuff to grow.

sTgL5iS.png

It was probably cut due to Rockstar not being able to make it look realistic when chopping up peds.

I don't think gore is much of a reason because even in San Andreas the combine harvester did not produce any gory results outside of the mission where you had to steal it and it just worked like running someone over in a normal car.

I think most likely it will be the awkward collision file which would have made it buggy and/or the damage unrealistic. Most vehicles in GTAV are a sort of box-shape for which damage modelling is fairly straight-forward. Once you add a big front attachment you would have to reshape the physics and the way it interacts with everything just for that one novelty vehicle.

• Like 1

9H7Sj34.jpg

Delta India Echo

I don't think gore is much of a reason because even in San Andreas the combine harvester did not produce any gory results outside of the mission where you had to steal it and it just worked like running someone over in a normal car.

I think most likely it will be the awkward collision file which would have made it buggy and/or the damage unrealistic. Most vehicles in GTAV are a sort of box-shape for which damage modelling is fairly straight-forward. Once you add a big front attachment you would have to reshape the physics and the way it interacts with everything just for that one novelty vehicle.

Or just make the head attachment fall off. It's not rocket science.

efe4a6b167.png

Console limitations? This was there in GTA SA on PS2, stop using ''console limitations'' for everything that was cut.

They cut it beacause:

1. It's a harvester to harvest fields. But there are no fields to harvest! At least in SA there were fields.

2. Gore? For f*ck sake its a +18 game, what do you expect? (It should be included)

Anyways, it would be cool to turn LS into a bloody mess!

There's definitely fields in V m8

7uVES3l.png

Officer Ronson

Guys, guys you're forgetting the fact that what popped out of the back was not a pedestrian you ran over but a couple of bloodied props of a beta ped. It gives the illusion there is gore, but there ain't none to be exact, hell even head chopping looks just like the pedestrian turned his head inside of his body.

XxX19Dude95XxX

it would be to fun we can't have that in the hd games

another reason why the 3d gamers where better

Edited by bikerman3

Yeah but what I actually meant was the overall damage models of pedestrians was terrible,not even on the same planet as RDR and MP3 I mean the bullet holes look like somebody shat on them and not shot them.They would need to have gore physics like something from the upcoming Killing Floor 2 for the harvester to work properly,doing this it would look bloody awesome though chasing after the idiotic peds in Los Santos,stalking them slowly then mowing them down as blood,limbs and guts sprayed everywhere.

We can thank Rockstar North's obsessive focus on Online mode for this. I believe Rockstar San Diego does FAR better work with Single-Player games as you can see with RDR.

I really think R*San Diego needs to fully take over GTA Single-Player and let R*North continue with their precious wet turd aka Gta Online!

Edited by A.O.D.88

Geralt of Rivia

Yeah but what I actually meant was the overall damage models of pedestrians was terrible,not even on the same planet as RDR and MP3 I mean the bullet holes look like somebody shat on them and not shot them.They would need to have gore physics like something from the upcoming Killing Floor 2 for the harvester to work properly,

We can thank Rockstar North's obsessive focus on Online mode for this.

Are...Are you serious?

Are...Are you serious?

Yes sir I am. There is no doubt in my mind that a massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount of content, details, and core mechanics and physics were absolutely gutted and hollowed out of GTA V in order to focus on the online.

Edited by A.O.D.88

Officer Ronson

How? I have to be really HONEST, you people don't seem to think logically at all. SP missions are not even 50mb as proven by SonofUgly, how did online manage to cut a lot of content and other mechanics? As said, there are two teams for the specific modes, then there are all the departments which focus on several aspects such as vehicles, pedestrians, mechanics and landscapes. Just because Online exists it doesn't mean they cut 100+ vehicles out of the game.

The combine harvester is actually one of the worst choices to get on a pedestrian rampage, it is slow, dumb and can't fit in most places. Plus if they did get dismemberment to work on this it would lag as Hell, the game already lags when you zoom in that fat black woman's afro hair that appears in East LS.

What I am trying to say Officer is that their focus was so much greater on the Online that it drew developmental manpower and resources away that could have gone towards making Single-Player the masterpiece it should have been. Take GTA San Andreas for example, it was literally packed with content because back then there was no "gta online" to bleed resources away from the core Single-Player game.

Yes you are correct in that there are separate dev teams for SP and online but you know the dev team for online is far greater in number.

Edited by A.O.D.88

You guys act like rockstar doesn't have two hands. In my opinion, the sh*t they do on GTA Online doesn't affect SP at all. I'm sure they have a whole team that just focuses on Online, and a team that focuses on SP. But if you're really hungry for SP updates, it probably seems like that. If you're a fan of GTA, you've got to show some respect to rockstar. How many things do you possibly want them to pump out? They've got employees and sh*t to pay. Its a business. It's not easy work that they do. Back in the day, I didn't even care what GTA III was missing, or Vice City. Because I DIDN'T CARE. Neither did you. Imagine impressing every single GTA fan that existed, IMPOSSIBLE.

Rockstar is doing great, honestly

7uVES3l.png

Geralt of Rivia

Are...Are you serious?

Yes sir I am. There is no doubt in my mind that a massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount of content, details, and core mechanics and physics were absolutely gutted and hollowed out of GTA V in order to focus on the online.

That...makes literally no sense. Why the f*ck wouldn't they keep it in and INCLUDE IT IN THE ONLINE MODE they seem to jizz over, according to you?

What you're saying makes zero sense. Zero.