GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Does 'clean' racing exist?

yello cactus

yello cactus

Hi all,

I've only just got into racing on GTA and find it a tad bit frustrating when all of the races i've done are basically dodgems.

Can't anyone race clean?

After trying to win races I've unfortunately realised that I have to become one of the dodgems and clip other racers to stand any chance of winning which is a bit rubbish.

Is it because most people do not posses car control?

I've hosted a few races and having 'traffic' selected gives me a fighting chance as the majority of racers can not negotiate moving cars.

Is it just me?

LordVukodlak

Clean racing only exists in real life where colliding with another vehicle at high speed has the possible side effects of, pain, dismemberment, paralysis and of course death.

LordVukodlak

Join a racing crew.

Just make sure its not one of "those crew" who elect a member each race to do nothing but smash into non-crew members.

Race with friends or crew and tell them no avoidable contact.

Also, stay away from GTA races as they're sh*t.

Edited by am30

Rubbing is racing, but direct, intentional contact is no bueno. I have about 7-8 friends to race with and it makes for fun times when everyone races as clean as possible.

Non contact is better. It shows who has the ability to actually know how to drive.

inb4 the anti non contact racing army of GTAF.

I will pwn you newbs

Join a racing crew.

Just make sure its not one of "those crew" who elect a member each race to do nothing but smash into non-crew members.

Oh those fa**ots are the worst

CarnageRacing00

I try to race clean. Accidents happen, no big deal. If I'm having a good clean race with someone and i accidentally spin them out, I'll usually wait for them to get going before I take off again.

On the flip side, if someone purposefully hits me or tries to spin me, I'll take them out every chance I get.

I want to start my post by saying I DO NOT like the "GTA" racing mode. Weapons ruin the race when some little turd can just blow you up instantly. I only like normal race mode. That being said, I will spin you out and slam you into stuff if I get the chance. I race to win, not adhere to people's "honour code" of racing. Successfully spinning someone out with a clean PIT maneuver is one of the best feelings in a race, aside from winning, of course.

To each their own, I suppose.

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

YogurtStorm

I think people in free aim are less aggressive when it comes to ramming and racing.

Edited by YogurtStorm

Rubbing is racing. Sometimes it's inevitable. Racing with clean players in forza, rubbing will happen. But intentionally smashing others is a dick move. On forza, I will just race simulation, so the smasher is done too.

For now, just race non-contact

We could blame the very first racers in GTA0, back before people had performance mods and custom cars in races, for starting the whole culture of crashing to win, in place of racing skill. Every player since then does the same thing, just like every player in GTA0 shoots first because every experience they had in GTA0 was getting killed if they didn't. The sad fact that the design of GTA0 encourages and does not discourage these brainless cultures makes GTA0 a classic PvP hellhole and a missed opportunity for a truly bold new direction.

A second problem with GTA0 now, after months of operation, is that there are still fanatic race addicts who get off on crushing all other racers and they just can't get enough of it - race stat farming having the same mentality as K/D farming. Again, the rotten failed design of GTA0, acted upon by totally predictable bottom-feeding human nature, has given us this state of affairs. :angry::angry:

Edited by saintsrow

I was in one race and I noticed that the driver ahead of me actually moved over so I could overtake. I returned the favor and we battled back and forth for first, being as clean as possible. Most of the other cars were in the back ramming each other. Eventually my Adder edged out his Entity and I came in first, and before I could message him a compliment he sent me one thanking him for giving him a fair fight.

Good drivers are out there. Just don't trust anyone in a race! Be defensive and try to be aware of obstacles near you because you might get PITted into one. If someone's going to pass, try to stay out of those fatal angles where you will get rammed. Be careful in packs and try not to make yourself too noticed. I've seen lots of cars riding front and center or bumping other cars become targets.

If someone gives me an inch, I'm fine with returning that gesture and boiling it down to driver skill. If someone attacks my car, then I want to do something to slow them down or neutralize that threat. Spin them out, plant them into a wall, or something. They usually don't stop until they're ahead or you're stopped, so resolve that problem when you're ahead.

justinlynch3

Race in non contact.

I really wish more people would use non contact, that mode is awesome, my personal favorite race mode.

But it seems most people are afraid t win with you know, skill. Most random races you join will be contact with slipstreaming and catch up on. It will also be set to supers.

When I'm in a contact race, most the time I hit anybody it's by mistake. Yet others are constantly trying to run me off the road or pit me. It gets really annoying sometimes.

To bad you can't filter races, I would always pick "join non contact race", sadly that option don't exist.

"Does clean racing exist?" Absolutely!!!

In any game with races in it aside from GTAO. GRID Autosport comes out on Tuesday. Might I suggest picking that up. If you're looking for clean racing in GTAO with anyone other the friends or crew members, you're wasting your time.

Edited by Oz70NYC

CommanderShepard

Just got done playing a race with 10 other people. I was surprised it was a clean race no collisions or crashes. Was very fun. So to answer it all depends on the person. Sometimes there's good people and bad people. It's up to people like you and me to remember what we came from and why we're racing clean. We're not doing it too win we're, not doing it too lose, we're doing it too have fun.

Of course, I'm rarely in a "dirty" race when it's just my crew and friends with randoms or Forum members.

Most of the time we're even apologizing for the smallest contact or vice versa, only time I experience the opposite is when I just go for a random public lobby.. which I haven't done since launch.

948185.png

Black Terminator

There are some clean races which is rare now and days. I race clean a lot and do not like to wreak peoples cars. Just not good in my morals in any race. But to be honest with you here. Just get some good friends and have a non contact race with them. Make sure it is GOOD friends and then you will be good with the clean races you want. :)