GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Train Challenge!

Flukey

Sister thread to my Big Balls Challenge thread which received some interesting uses of the dynamics of the big orange juice stand balls in the content creator http://gtaforums.com/topic/706672-big-orange-ball-challenge/

This thread is a challenge for creators to try and implement the dynamics of the Train into a job or race.

Imagine a deathmatch on a train, or a capture that forces you to catch a train to get to your base...

I've been toying with the train in cc for a while now and so far my results have been disappointing. I've seen interesting results from hyperkane who taught me that a train loaded with players can travel through props and also that it could be possible to force the unpredictable train spawn by parachuting down to the tracks.

But other than hyperkanes Planes, Trains and Motos, http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/LUQ8AB8AIEiJvOyW1Z_mGA?platformId=2 and the verified race where you follow the train tracks (I forget what its called). I've yet to see any innovations of the use of the train in a created content.

Does anybody have any links or advice that can help me?

Or is anybody up to the challenge of making something?

Edited by Flukey

This thread is a challenge for creators to try and implement the dynamics of the Train into a job or race.

I've been toying with the train in cc for a while now and so far my results have been disappointing. I've seen interesting results from hyperkane who taught me that a train loaded with players can travel through props and also that it could be possible to force the unpredictable train spawn by parachuting down to the tracks.

Does anybody have any links or advice that can help me?

Or is anybody up to the challenge of making something?

I'm up to try, maybe we can come up with something great together and anyone else that chimes in.

You say its possible to force the train to spawn by parachuting down to the tracks? Does this happen every single time you do it and can it happen virtually everywhere? Also does it have to be so high up parachuting from? I'm going to test this and play with the idea in a lil as I've thought of this sort of thing before also but not sure how well it could be implemented into a deathmatch, race, capture etc.

I say we should all play with it a little and sooner or later we can put the pieces together and figure out how to utilize the train more efficiently for smooth game play.

You say its possible to force the train to spawn by parachuting down to the tracks? Does this happen every single time you do it and can it happen virtually everywhere? Also does it have to be so high up parachuting from?

Every time I parachute from a stolen jet a train spawns just south on the set of tracks that are in my race. It's hard to explain height other than, jump from a 'normal' height, 300 to 500 feet up? and glide a little south to the train (heading north) that's about to pass below you.

I don't have a lot of time off this week, but will be on quite a bit tomorrow, Monday and then again possibly Thursday. Add "hyperkane". PS3

Edited by hyperkane

You say its possible to force the train to spawn by parachuting down to the tracks? Does this happen every single time you do it and can it happen virtually everywhere? Also does it have to be so high up parachuting from?

Every time I parachute from a stolen jet a train spawns just south on the set of tracks that are in my race. It's hard to explain height other than, jump from a 'normal' height, 300 to 500 feet up? and glide a little south to the train (heading north) that's about to pass below you.

I don't have a lot of time off this week, but will be on quite a bit tomorrow, Monday and then again possibly Thursday. Add "hyperkane". PS3

Alright I added you just now.

Just made a new race on the train tracks but the train won't spawn in 2 laps http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/6-erJ7I3WUKR3UWoJdq-qw?platformId=2

I'm pretty sure you need traffic on, but I forget if GTA Race mode is necessary? I don't think so. I will try to test that again.

Update: No train with traffic off. Not sure about GTA Race mode because I can't steal a jet in regular mode, but I don't think it matters. :blink:

OK. I drove to the tracks and a train spawned just south as it always does. Traffic On and Point to Point (No GTA Mode). Every 2 mins and 4 secs, another train passes by.

Edited by hyperkane

I just got 4 trains in 5 minutes (2 laps) in my new standard race 'Peekaboo!' http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/_a8Bd02EhE-rBPdJ2OCJ3A?platformId=2

The starting grid is on the tracks and the first train wiped us out during the countdown!

It was during the day with traffic on. I tried it again at night and the was just 1 train.

I'm not sure but I think placing props across the track could encourage a train spawn because my Bladerunner race follows the same railway and I'm yet to get a train but there is no props across the tracks. Peekaboo has containers across the rails and I get trains (moreso during the day) and your Planes, Trains and Motos has a predictable spawn and you also use props across the rails.

What do you think?

EDIT: just realised 2 of the trains were actually the same one lol. If you get the train at the right point you can actually leave the tunnel and overtake it then meet the same train when you rejoin the track.

Edited by Flukey

Just made a new race on the train tracks but the train won't spawn in 2 laps http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/6-erJ7I3WUKR3UWoJdq-qw?platformId=2

OK I've reversed the course of my Blade Runner race and now I get trains at the same time spawn as hyperkane mentioned. I realised that the clockwise lap that I originally used would have been going the same direction as the train whereas anti clockwise means the train is oncoming and it works.

As a side note, I've also tested both my new train races Peekaboo! And Blade Runner, and I've noticed that I get zero trains when its raining so the weather must be set to 'clear'.

Also I've noticed that if your job starts off on or near the tracks, if you turn the radio off when you are in a pregame lobby, you can hear the train approaching, and if you time it just right when you hit play the train will be right there and right then.

Edited by Flukey

Izzy Glitch

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/U50j-k0HB0CEN8XdwdawRQ?platformId=2

good god this is complicated. ill experiment too and I know for a fact that trains can glitch threw barriers.

in my death match Terminal 4 LINK ABOVE in the train boarding area a train appears about 1 min into the match.[you can tell its there because eyou will hear honking.]

it goes threw the blue barrier I placed but stops because I placed gasoline tankers on the tracks but when I point the gun at the conductor he steps on the gas and makes the tanks explode and get sent flying everywhere knocking everyone down and killing most in the area!!

I'll have to check this out. I'm determined to do something good with the train. I always wondered how they would react to dynamic props so thanks for the info.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/U50j-k0HB0CEN8XdwdawRQ?platformId=2

good god this is complicated. ill experiment too and I know for a fact that trains can glitch threw barriers.

in my death match Terminal 4 LINK ABOVE in the train boarding area a train appears about 1 min into the match.[you can tell its there because eyou will hear honking.]

it goes threw the blue barrier I placed but stops because I placed gasoline tankers on the tracks but when I point the gun at the conductor he steps on the gas and makes the tanks explode and get sent flying everywhere knocking everyone down and killing most in the area!!

I have to check your job out. Looks interesting. I have had those large green dynamic gas tanks in the tunnel and now they are on the trestle at the end of my race. The train goes right through them. Nothing happens. I tried parking my motorcycle in front of them. Lots of sparks as the train drags my bike down the tracks but I haven't been able to get them to interact with the train. Maybe I will try shooting them when the next train comes along? IDK? Maybe they need to be on "solid" ground and not in a tunnel? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it seems hyperkane has found the only forced train spawn with the parachute jump down to the tracks in his job 'Planes, Trains and Motos'.

I've found in a couple of my tests that traffic on IS necessary, weather clear IS necessary, time of day set to 'noon'guarantees hyperkane's 2 minute train spawn revalation, but anytime of day can still produce random train spawns.

I've also discovered that if you set your job on, or near, the tracks, you can hear the train approach in the character ready screen and if you time it just right before clicking 'ready' the game will start with the train right there.

Is anybody else playing with the train in a job or is this challenge over?

CallMeGarrett

Okay, it seems hyperkane has found the only forced train spawn with the parachute jump down to the tracks in his job 'Planes, Trains and Motos'.

I've found in a couple of my tests that traffic on IS necessary, weather clear IS necessary, time of day set to 'noon'guarantees hyperkane's 2 minute train spawn revalation, but anytime of day can still produce random train spawns.

I've also discovered that if you set your job on, or near, the tracks, you can hear the train approach in the character ready screen and if you time it just right before clicking 'ready' the game will start with the train right there.

Hopefully and Nex-Jen versions GTA V will have a cycle of trains, rather then them spawning.

I am willing to toy with it, but I would need an idea even if its a really broad one at that especially like a deathmatch or something, as the capture creator is broken with the props dissapearing and other problems happening.

handcuff_charlie

Not the same train you're thinking of, but I made this TDM a few months ago which incorporates the two subway trains. They pass several times during the course of a 10min TDM, and if you are not paying attention, they will run you over and kill you. I actually melee-kicked somebody into one that was passing by and it killed him and dragged his body down the tracks a bit. It was a pretty good laugh. Wish I had been recording it.

1_0.jpg

Subterranean Slaughter

Wreak havok on your opponents and ensure they never see the light of day again. Bust a cap in them, torch them, gas them, or maybe just a friendly push in front of a passing train. The choice is yours.

I forgot all about the subway trains! A motorbike race through the subway tunnels with traffic on could just be the right kind of wrong lol

CallMeGarrett

Not the same train you're thinking of, but I made this TDM a few months ago which incorporates the two subway trains. They pass several times during the course of a 10min TDM, and if you are not paying attention, they will run you over and kill you. I actually melee-kicked somebody into one that was passing by and it killed him and dragged his body down the tracks a bit. It was a pretty good laugh. Wish I had been recording it.

1_0.jpg

Subterranean Slaughter

Wreak havok on your opponents and ensure they never see the light of day again. Bust a cap in them, torch them, gas them, or maybe just a friendly push in front of a passing train. The choice is yours.

I remember making a capture in a train tunnel, and if you put trafficc on, every now and then the train will swoop by and go through everything like a ghost, except for players.

Like the sound of that subway DM, lol.

Flukey man, you skipped town on the race I was thinking of posting here last night :(

I kinda loaded it thinking of you.. ;)

Dunno if my CAPS LOCK!!! description put you off, hehe....

Anyway. A race I actually started making as a total piss take and ended up spending a lot more time on than intended. There is indeed, supers, jumps, explosions, police etc. but there's also a train....

I swear I saw that thing all the time last night. You do leap over it and then swing round to go down the track a handful of seconds later so there's clearly some double meetings. The 2min spawn makes sense. Traffic on, noon, clear, props on the track, police on...

Trigger is on the tracks but I've yet to have a lobby wiped out by it. Won't change it until I've seen that, lol. Did see someone respawn and get instantly smashed by it....

Amateur linking as I'm on my phone.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/cuzbien/games/gtav/jobs/job/XxSFCnlN50WO_y7WTaO-sQ?platformId=null

Yeh it was time for beddybyes. Had fun playing with you guys last night. I've bookmarked your noose race.

handcuff_charlie

1_0.jpg

Subterranean Slaughter

I remember making a capture in a train tunnel, and if you put trafficc on, every now and then the train will swoop by and go through everything like a ghost, except for players.

True but I dont make DM's like that. The DM isnt in the tunnel, that is just as far as I could get the camera towards the actual location...the camera is actually pretty far from the DM location in the entrance of the tunnel zoomed down it for that pic.

The DM is in the subway station halfway under construction. There is more room than just the tracks, and there are no props laid on the tracks themselves. The props are close but the trains pass between them. Placing props on tracks and having the train "ghost" through them is cheap, gimmicky, and looks sh*tty, especially from a design-standpoint.

Default weapon has changed to AP pistol, but you get the idea....

Best to leave it at 2 teams if you get a full room, unless you like the non-stop chaos and gun-blazing in this preview and frequently having someone respawn right close to you. If 2 teams the respawns tend to stick to obe side of the map or the other. 4 teams is fine for 8 players

Edited by handcuff_charlie

So I assume with the dynamics and spawning of the train in content creator, It would be impossible to create a capture or death match on the train?

I've seen the train stop at Palmer Taylor Power Station (?) for a few minutes. Don't know if that would apply in created jobs but if it did I would imagine there are a few applications.

coach_wargo

I created this race just so my son could goof off without wasting my money. The race starts out south of Sandy Shores and then crosses the tracks into the town. What I noticed while watching him play is that he was always getting a train spawn when he turns right towards Grapeseed. Every time he dies and respawns from the start and goes over the tracks and turns right the train will spawn again. I always set the race to GTA + Traffic. Time is current, but he still gets the train spawn even at night.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/fTAMEHPEME6mjo6hLdLmIA?platformId=2

Edited by coach_wargo

Devinisdabomb

Is it somehow possible to put spawn points and weapons on the train? Or even capture objects?

Thought about this for a while now. Even if it's possible to stop a train with props, elevate spawn points to train level then shoot at the conductor to get the train moving again, I don't think the current creator can do what we all want it to do. :cry:

Just had a train spawn roughly every 30 seconds on my blade runner race!

This is the first time I've seen this deviation from hyperkanes 2 minute spawn rule. I think maybe R* are playing with the train spawns.

The first train wiped out half the grid before the countdown.

I've also noticed from my Peekaboo race that if the vehicles are set to motorcycles and the train wipes out half the starting grid, they get to start the race before the countdown has finished.

Edited by Flukey

I've also noticed from my Peekaboo race that if the vehicles are set to motorcycles and the train wipes out half the starting grid, they get to start the race before the countdown has finished.

LOLOLOL !