GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Sneaky Rockstar tactics on RR

thorpey181

I've been meaning to ask people about this for ages, I don't think i've ever seen it mentioned. You know the drive to Madrazo's house on RR, why does the GPS ignore the shortest route and instead direct you right round the outside? Is that an abnormality or deliberate? If it's intentional just to make the mission longer for those that don't know the short route that is beyond pathetic. I don't mind missions being made harder particularly but in addition to all cars being artificially slower in missions it's a cheap as f*ck trick to pull.

Edited by thorpey181

It's only five seconds longer, and the GPS route doesn't follow one way roads with oncoming traffic.

I've been meaning to ask people about this for ages, I don't think i've ever seen it mentioned. You know the drive to Madrazo's house on RR, why does the GPS ignore the shortest route and instead direct you right round the outside? Is that an abnormality or deliberate? If it's intentional just to make the mission longer for those that don't know the short route that is beyond pathetic. I don't mind missions being made harder particularly but in addition to all cars being artificially slower in missions it's a cheap as f*ck trick to pull.

The GPS for all missions in both SP and MP doesn't always show the shortest route.

But feel free to try and peddle any conspiracy theories you want to see. I mean you're obviously far too busy to spare an extra 5 seconds it takes to drive the slightly longer route.

It's longer than 5 seconds.

I was speculating having asking the question, not peddling "conspiracy theories", but by all means feel free to carry on being an inexplicably shirty obnoxious c*nt

I actually tried this, in real life, with my TomTom GPS device and, by gum, it also displayed the longer route to Madrazo's house.

So, I had no options left but to get rid of the TomTom and buy a Garmin. My new Garmin shows the correct, shorter route, every time.

My advice? Get yourself a nice, DECCA Navigator. I hear they're making a comeback.

300px-Decca_Navigator_Mk_12.jpg

• Like 2

It's longer than 5 seconds.

I was speculating having asking the question, not peddling "conspiracy theories", but by all means feel free to carry on being an inexplicably shirty obnoxious c*nt

Ok, 10 seconds then.

Why are you still using GPS?

What he said.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that I don't really use the GPS all that much anymore. :lol:

LordVukodlak

It's only five seconds longer, and the GPS route doesn't follow one way roads with oncoming traffic.

Exactly a stretch of the "shorter" route goes over a one way street thus it calculates a "longer" route.

Hmm ..

Yea theres a option via mission creator they can disable your GPS when you get to a specific location !

= They can control your GPS .

2:05

"GPS Cleared Within"