GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

My least favorite thing about Online gameplay is...

TheComedianIsDead

TheComedianIsDead

...the random Friend Requests from complete strangers who then send you a voice and text message a day begging you to accept it without explaining who they are or how they even came to know your GT. This seems to happen WAY more often in GTAO than any other game I've played.

I mean, who the Hell are you? Why should we be friends? Is life really that lonely for you that you must seek out complete strangers online? Why won't you answer these simple questions?!!

Does this happen to anyone else??

What part of Online play "really grinds your gears"?

Edited by TheComedianIsDead

Random friend request and party chat invites from randoms who are not even in the same lobby are annoying.

Other players.

• Like 2

TheComedianIsDead

Random friend request and party chat invites from randoms who are not even in the same lobby are annoying.

Other players.

This and this.

LightningLord

How about when all the buildings and walls disappear for no reason?

Edited by LightningLord411
  • Like 2

IcOqQpq.gif

juantrapriguez

Mic Problems.

squeakers

Racist white people who think saying "ni**er" is still offensive

Black people who end and start every sentence with the word "nigga"

People who join the lobby, and either have problems working their mic, so all you hear is rustling sounds, or they keep asking who else has a mic.

People who either sing or blast their annoying ass music

• Like 3

I've wondered about this, I think it's a generational thing. I'm in my early 30's and the only people, well 95% of the people, on my PSN friends list are actual friends I've hung out with IRL. Or at least have had a conversation with on the forum or what have you. I don't add randoms or throw out friend requests to people I see in the game.

Young people with their 40,000 Facebook friends probably throw out invites because they just view online friends differently than old fogies. I wish the PSN had a sort of VIP section so I could add randoms without cluttering up my actual friends list. I don't add them mainly because I don't want R* to try and put me with them all the time every time.

I hate it when white people say stuff like "bitch ass nigga" and act like "gangstas" on GTA Online. Seriously, it's bad enough when black people do it let alone when some 13 year old white kid does it. What ever happened to proper English language skills? The kind of skills taught in grade 1 of primary school. Now it's all "bro" and "nigga" and other such rubbish.

Also it pisses me off when people play music through their microphones. Most of the time it's rap music, which sounds sh*tty enough already without the distortion from the microphone.

Get your act together, c*nts.

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

juantrapriguez

I hate it when white people say stuff like "bitch ass nigga" and act like "gangstas" on GTA Online. Seriously, it's bad enough when black people do it let alone when some 13 year old white kid does it. What ever happened to proper English language skills? The kind of skills taught in grade 1 of primary school. Now it's all "bro" and "nigga" and other such rubbish.

Also it pisses me off when people play music through their microphones. Most of the time it's rap music, which sounds sh*tty enough already without the distortion from the microphone.

Which is basically everything I just said

BitPieStudios

No offense, but isn't this just a differently worded Bitch and Moan thread?

Well whatever, I hate when people whine about lack of fun in the game, and when people say the Adder is the best car.

GTA-Freak-Vi

About Online, the community in general which is why I switched to invite only sessions. Cant even remember the last time I was in a public lobby

About online gameplay, Freezing is what "grinded" my gears although I haven't been on for a while so maybe its fixed I doubt it

• Like 2

Well whatever, I hate when people whine about lack of fun in the game, and when people say the Adder is the best car.

Not if you actually read the post and not just the title, which goes for most of the responses.

If it isn't about random people trying to add you as a friend, you're off topic.

Edited by budcat
  • Like 1

Good onya.

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

Other players.

This and this.

^^

Pretty much this

juantrapriguez

Good onya.

Great minds think alike....?

About Online, the community in general which is why I switched to invite only sessions. Cant even remember the last time I was in a public lobby

About online gameplay, Freezing is what "grinded" my gears although I haven't been on for a while so maybe its fixed I doubt it

I've had some hanging loading screens but I'm not sure if it was my connection or the servers. I'm cautiously optimistic my freezing days are largely over.

That was the worst for a while there though.

Edited by budcat

TheComedianIsDead

It is, but it isn't.

I'm really, really curious about this whole "random friend request phenomena" that seems to be unique to GTAO and who and how many people it affects. I've not been plagued by such pushy strangers that wanted to be friends since I lived next door to a pedo as a kid. But, I didn't want the thread to just be all about me and my needs so I opened the floor to others gripes as well. Gotta give to get.

I won't even touch the bitch and moan thread. I experience enough of that on a daily basis IRL, thank you very much.

And, I totally agree on the crying about the game being boring and "having nothing to do". You're sitting here whining, so it's obviously given you SOMETHING to do.

• Like 1

Good onya.

Great minds think alike....?

I think you may be right.

CarimboHanky

now that twankers pay insurance and hell insurance in now 100% guaranteed, there are only 2 things that really grind my gear...

bad sport for destroying pv, even know youre paying gor the replacement.

the insta-impound once you get killed in your pv, i mean what benefic do we get from having an impound lot in online and dont tell me that its all about realism 'cause there is nothing realist about having your car vanish infront of your eyes just a couple feets away from you.

OP i give away money from bounties and stuff like that and seconds after i share the money i always receive 5-6 friend request or simply messages asking for more money.

Edited by CarimboHanky

BitPieStudios

Not if you actually read the post and not just the title, which goes for most of the responses.

If it isn't about random people trying to add you as a friend, you're off topic.

"What part of Online play "really grinds your gears"?"

Yeah that was the thing in the OP that made me think that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I feel peeps do that so they could either stalk you if you have killed them a bunch, or if you have a female character...lol.

I tend to get more random friend requests when I play with my female.

It is, but it isn't.

I'm really, really curious about this whole "random friend request phenomena" that seems to be unique to GTAO and who and how many people it affects. I've not been plagued by such pushy strangers that wanted to be friends since I lived next door to a pedo as a kid. But, I didn't want the thread to just be all about me and my needs so I opened the floor to others gripes as well. Gotta give to get.

I won't even touch the bitch and moan thread. I experience enough of that on a daily basis IRL, thank you very much.

And, I totally agree on the crying about the game being boring and "having nothing to do". You're sitting here whining, so it's obviously given you SOMETHING to do.

Cool to see someone agrees with me on that... lol.

And thanks to you for also clarifying.

Edited by BitPieStudios

juantrapriguez

The people who send random friend requests are usually kids, who if you look at their profile, have one trophy star thing, and they either just got internet, or just got their ps3, and have no friends, and seriously WHO THE HELL JUST NOW GETS A PS3?

CarimboHanky

The people who send random friend requests are usually kids, who if you look at their profile, have one trophy star thing, and they either just got internet, or just got their ps3, and have no friends, and seriously WHO THE HELL JUST NOW GETS A PS3?

hey not everyone can affort one of this consoles on release day.

after all its not like ps3/360 just died because of new gen consoles. people do still play online with their ps3/360

just sayin

da_illest101

I don't like that the entire game feels like a glorified mini game. The game has like 8000 levels, but don't even have a 100 level worth of content.

I hate how I can't dive headfirst in front of a moving vehicle. Every update the first thing I do is jump and press B...nope,well feck you R*.

juantrapriguez

hey not everyone can affort one of this consoles on release day.

after all its not like ps3/360 just died because of new gen consoles. people do still play online with their ps3/360

just sayin

I'm saying, the PS3 was released in 2006. I'm trying to say who waits until now, to get one. In no way am I trying to say no one plays it anymore idk where you got that from. As for the cost thing, you could say that if I was trying to be a ps4/Xbox one elitist but again, I am not so what?

Using a female character and having a gametag thats not gender specific, that happens far more often then you would think. Only time I do it is if we end up in a freeroam war with some randoms on our team, then the friend attack block works

Rarely go in open lobbies these days

Pagan Lowrider

tank griefers

backwards driving shooters in BP rear cars

Inside FIB deatmatches

100000000rp and 1000000000$ deathmatches