1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Noox

I need help putting 3 NPCs into a vehicle

Noox

Hello, this is what I have done so far

public void spawnMobileAlly()        {            Group mobileGroup = Player.Group;            if (pGroup.MemberCount == 3)                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else            {                Vector3 playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(50.0f);                Vehicle veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);                Ped[] mobilePeds = new Ped[3];                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++) {                     mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, ) //what should I put as seat?            }        }

but I don't know how the seats are called, by using visual studio intellisense I can see there is no driver or passenger, could you help me? thanks :)

leftas

Class named VehicleSeat :) example of use:

VehicleSeat.Driver
Regards,

Paul.

Edited by leftas

Noox

Thanks! How do I let them reach Niko by not leaving the vehicle?

leftas

Just reach or and follow ?

Regards,

Paul.

Noox

Reach.

leftas
mobilePeds[i].Task.DriveTo(...);

This function. Also check Doc. from hazardx http://www.hazardx.com/details.php?file=89 There is everyhing. Or you can search in source code(C++) :)

Regards,

Paul.

Noox

I finished it but it's not working, after 30 minutes of looking I gave up.

This is the mess I made

public void spawnMobileAlly()        {           pGroup = Player.Group;            if (pGroup.MemberCount == 3)                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else            {                Vector3 playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(50.0f);                Vehicle veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);                Ped[] mobilePeds = new Ped[3];                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    if (i == 0)                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.Driver);                    else                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.AnyPassengerSeat);                }                mobilePeds[1].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, false);                float mobDistance = mobilePeds[1].Position.DistanceTo(Player.Character.Position);                if (mobDistance < 2)                {                    for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                    {                        mobilePeds[i].Task.LeaveVehicle();                        applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                    }                }            }        }

applyGroupProperties:

public void applyGroupProperties(Ped p)        {            p.CurrentRoom = Player.Character.CurrentRoom;            p.WillDoDrivebys = true;            p.Armor = 500;            p.PriorityTargetForEnemies = true;            p.DuckWhenAimedAtByGroupMember = true;            p.AlwaysDiesOnLowHealth = true;            p.SetPathfinding(true, true, true);            Weapon weapon = Player.Character.Weapons.Current;            p.Weapons.FromType(weapon).Ammo = 500;            p.Weapons.Select(weapon);            p.RelationshipGroup = RelationshipGroup.Player;            p.ChangeRelationship(RelationshipGroup.Player, Relationship.Companion);            p.CantBeDamagedByRelationshipGroup(RelationshipGroup.Player, true);            pGroup.AddMember(p);        }

They spawn correctly (well, not correctly since most of the times they're not in the road :p) but they don't move and if I get closer they don't leave the vehicle, what's the problem?

leftas

With last lines of spawn. That need's to be in loop to check. But I don't know how to do that don't need to loop(like for you) always applyGroupProperties I have workaround but it's dumb(it's i++ workaround)... Just I don't get your line

mobilePeds[1].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, false);

Array starts from 0 and your driver is at 0 not at 1 ?

Edited by leftas

Noox

With last lines of spawn. That need's to be in loop to check. But I don't know how to do that don't need to loop(like for you) always applyGroupProperties I have workaround but it's dumb(it's i++ workaround)... Just I don't get your line

mobilePeds[1].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, false);

Array starts from 0 and your driver is at 0 not at 1 ?

lol I'm stupid, I forgot that eheh.

Now the driver comes to me but they don't disembark so I think that this piece of code is not working, I'll put a Game.DisplayText to see if the function is executed.

float mobDistance = mobilePeds[1].Position.DistanceTo(Player.Character.Position);                if (mobDistance < 2)                {                    for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                    {                        mobilePeds[i].Task.LeaveVehicle();                        applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                    }                }
Edited by Noox

Rugz007

Which Mod You Making :D ??

leftas

Also

applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);

this should be not in your loop but when you creating ped :)

So you can put in loop(main tick)

if (mobDistance < 2)                {                    for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                    {                        if (movilePeds[i].isInVehicle())                                mobilePeds[i].Task.LeaveVehicle();                    }                }

EDIT: I said to you You just executing this one time(Key press) so it's not checking if they in your range or not, you need to put ^ this code in loop(main tick)

Regards,

Paul.

Edited by leftas

Noox

Thanks but it's still not working, the condition always returns false, I inserted a debug message but it doesn't pop-up in game.

leftas

I think 2 is too small(don't know how it's calculated in GTA 4) but I think this just too small. try to put 15

And you put that code in loop yea ?

Regards,

Paul.

Noox

Yeah it's in the loop, I tried 20 already and it didn't work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I understood wrong because i didn't notice your edit, I'll see if it works now!

Alright I made the changes but now the script has an error in the main thick, the console says "error during thick "blabla" and then System.NullReferenceException so I think it's trying to say that the object I'm working on doesn't exist.

This is the entire code

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using System.Windows.Forms;using GTA;namespace Mob{    public class Mob : Script    {        Group pGroup;        Model allyModel = "M_Y_BOUNCER_02";        Vector3 playerPos;        Vehicle veh;        Ped[] mobilePeds = new Ped[3];        float mobDistance;        public Mob()        {            Interval = Settings.GetValueInteger("INTERVAL", "SETTINGS", 1000);            playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(50.0f);            veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);            this.Tick += new EventHandler(testTick);            this.KeyDown += new GTA.KeyEventHandler(this.testKeyDown);        }        public void testTick(object sender, EventArgs e)        {            if(Exists(mobilePeds[0]))                mobDistance = mobilePeds[0].Position.DistanceTo(Player.Character.Position);            if (mobDistance < 15)            {                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    if (mobilePeds[i].isInVehicle())                        mobilePeds[i].Task.LeaveVehicle();                }            }        }        public void testKeyDown(object sender, GTA.KeyEventArgs e)        {            switch (e.Key)            {                case Keys.N:                    spawnAlly();                    break;                case Keys.Delete:                    if(pGroup.MemberCount > 1)                    {                        foreach (Ped member in pGroup)                        {                            member.Weapons.RemoveAll();                            member.Die();                        }                        pGroup.RemoveAllMembers();                                           }                    break;                case Keys.End:                    spawnMobileAlly();                    break;            }        }        public void spawnAlly()        {            pGroup = Player.Group;            if (pGroup.MemberCount >= 3)                Game.DisplayText("Max member count reached!");            else            {                Ped p = World.CreatePed(allyModel, Player.Character.Position.Around(5.0f), RelationshipGroup.Player);                applyGroupProperties(p);            }        }        public void spawnMobileAlly()        {           pGroup = Player.Group;            if (pGroup.MemberCount == 3)                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else            {                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    if (i == 0)                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.Driver);                    else                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.AnyPassengerSeat);                    applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                }                mobilePeds[0].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, true);            }        }        public void applyGroupProperties(Ped p)        {            p.CurrentRoom = Player.Character.CurrentRoom;            p.WillDoDrivebys = true;            p.Armor = 500;            p.PriorityTargetForEnemies = true;            p.DuckWhenAimedAtByGroupMember = true;            p.AlwaysDiesOnLowHealth = true;            p.SetPathfinding(true, true, true);            Weapon weapon = Player.Character.Weapons.Current;            p.Weapons.FromType(weapon).Ammo = 500;            p.Weapons.Select(weapon);            p.RelationshipGroup = RelationshipGroup.Player;            p.ChangeRelationship(RelationshipGroup.Player, Relationship.Companion);            p.CantBeDamagedByRelationshipGroup(RelationshipGroup.Player, true);            pGroup.AddMember(p);        }    }}

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it, I just needed to put the other if statement under if Exists but there is a problem, when they leave the vehicle they don't follow me, it's like the AI is disabled, they do nothing :(

EDIT2: Fixed that as well :) needed to apply their properties after they left the vehicle!

Thanks a lot leftas!

Edited by Noox

Noox

Which Mod You Making :D ??

Just to get started you press a key and some guys come to help with a vehicle :)

Rugz007

Very advanced as the 1st mod ;)

Mine was a helispwaner

leftas

Hm I will notice that. But the problem is that you applying it x times when you are not in the vehicle. But you can fix that by

if (mobilePeds[i].isInVehicle()){      mobilePeds[i].Task.LeaveVehicle();      applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);}

Or even if you don't want to start loop you just check if driver in the vehicle and then check distance and start loop ;) I don't like to start loop because for it, uses more resources and you applying the same sh*t over and over again....

Noox

Thanks, that should be more optimized :p
I noticed that I have one more problem, basically if I keep pressing del new vehicles with a new crew will keep spawning even if I use that if statement, why that?

I tried doing a counter which is initialized to 0 then when the key is pressed it checks if it's 0 (could have used a boolean var but whatever) then if it is 0 it creates a new vehicle and it gets incremented but still vehicles keep spawning with new NPCs but just the first 3 are inside the car.

How can I fix that?

Edited by Noox

leftas

Hm I can't understand this sentence

I noticed that I have one more problem, basically if I keep pressing del new vehicles with a new crew will keep spawning even if I use that if statement, why that?

Sorry but I can't understand what you mean by that ?

Can you give me an example ?

Again sorry!

Regards,

Paul.

Noox

Let's say I have to press X to spawn a group of guys inside the vehicle.

I press X, new vehicle spawns somewhere with 3 NPCs, the NPCs go inside the vehicle.

I have a variable that counts how many vehicles there are, when I press X the first time the vehicle count goes to 1 and when I press X again the the game checks if the vehicle count is 0, since there is a vehicle already it will not spawn it again with 3 more guys.

This does not happen, even if the vehicle count is 1 it still spawns a vehicle, an empty one.

EDIT: Since one function spawned some guys on foot there was some kind of conflict with the group variable, I deleted that function and everything is working fine! Thanks again :)

Edited by Noox

leftas

Can you show me the code, how you do that ?

Regards,

Paul.

Noox

Sure, here's the function, also, is there a way to change the blip color and remove it when the ped is dead? I see nothing in the documentation, just attachBlip().

public void spawnMobileAlly()        {            pGroup = Player.Group;            playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(50.0f);            if (pGroup.MemberCount < 3) //if there are less than 3 members in my group then create a vehicle            {                veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);            }            if (pGroup.MemberCount >= 3) //if there are more than 3 members in my group do nothing and display text                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else                         //otherwise spawn 3 NPCs            {                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    if(pGroup.MemberCount <= 3)                         mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    if (i == 0)                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.Driver);                    else                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.AnyPassengerSeat);                    //applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                    //pGroup.AddMember(mobilePeds[i]);                }                mobilePeds[0].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, true);            }            mobilePeds[0].AttachBlip();        }
Edited by Noox

leftas

You need to have blip like

Blip yea = mobilePeds[0].AttachBlip(); // not tested
yea.color = BlipColor.Red; // not tested

also RGB way

yea.SetColorRGB(System.Drawing.Color.Moccasin);

Just after reading you comment again saw that you solved your problem :D

Regards,

Paul.

Edited by leftas

Noox

Eheh actually not, I wasn't very careful.

The game was still spawning vehicles but in places I couldn't see them, I fixed it by slightly changing the conditional statement.

Thanks for all the help!

public void spawnMobileAlly()        {            pGroup = Player.Group;            playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(10.0f);            if (pGroup.MemberCount >= 3)                return;            veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);            if (pGroup.MemberCount >= 3)                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else            {                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    if(pGroup.MemberCount <= 3)                         mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    if (i == 0)                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.Driver);                    else                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.AnyPassengerSeat);                    //applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                    //pGroup.AddMember(mobilePeds[i]);                }                mobilePeds[0].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, true);            }        }

PlayPrey

Hey, I can actually help :D

To force a vehicle to spawn on the road use the ' World.GetNextPositionOnStreet ' in vector3 location, an example on its use:

World.CreateVehicle(World.GetNextPositionOnStreet(Player.Character.Position.Around(10.0F)));

Jitnaught

To force a vehicle to spawn on the road use the ' World.GetNextPositionOnStreet ' in vector3 location, an example on its use:

World.CreateVehicle(World.GetNextPositionOnStreet(Player.Character.Position.Around(10.0F)));

I was JUST about to post this lol

Noox

That was very helpful! Thanks a lot, most of the time they were spawning in the roofs :p

Jitnaught

Sure, here's the function, also, is there a way to change the blip color and remove it when the ped is dead? I see nothing in the documentation, just attachBlip().

public void spawnMobileAlly()        {            pGroup = Player.Group;            playerPos = Player.Character.Position.Around(50.0f);            if (pGroup.MemberCount < 3) //if there are less than 3 members in my group then create a vehicle            {                veh = World.CreateVehicle("INTRUDER", playerPos);            }            if (pGroup.MemberCount >= 3) //if there are more than 3 members in my group do nothing and display text                Game.DisplayText("Too many group members");            else                         //otherwise spawn 3 NPCs            {                for (int i = 0; i < mobilePeds.Length; i++)                {                    if(pGroup.MemberCount <= 3)                         mobilePeds[i] = World.CreatePed(allyModel, playerPos, RelationshipGroup.Player);                    if (i == 0)                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.Driver);                    else                        mobilePeds[i].WarpIntoVehicle(veh, VehicleSeat.AnyPassengerSeat);                    //applyGroupProperties(mobilePeds[i]);                    //pGroup.AddMember(mobilePeds[i]);                }                mobilePeds[0].Task.DriveTo(Player.Character, 250, true);            }            mobilePeds[0].AttachBlip();        }

Put this in a tick to detect if any of the peds are dead, and if so, delete the blip.

foreach (Ped p in mobilePeds)            {                if (p.isDead)                {                    blip.Delete();                }            }

Also you could add this in the tick too, if you want to detect if the vehicle is alive.

if (!veh.isAlive)            {                blip.Delete();            }

leftas

Put this in a tick to detect if any of the peds are dead, and if so, delete the blip.

foreach (Ped p in mobilePeds)            {                if (p.isDead)                {                    blip.Delete();                }            }

Also you could add this in the tick too, if you want to detect if the vehicle is alive.

if (!veh.isAlive)            {                blip.Delete();            }

Sheit, I misread that :D

Rugz007

I also did wanted the delete thing thanks letsplayordy :D

You making progress faster ;)

Good Now i think my tutorials will come use to you :)