GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Found a bug where you get free money.

GKS Sahara

You know when someone has a bounty and theres a time gap of 30 seconds or so before that bounty goes on the message board publicly? Well someone got a 9000 bounty, I was in a jet, and before I got the message board saying that they had a bounty I killed them. And I got 7000. Then they respawned, and they had a bounty again, I killed them and got 7000. I kept killing him and he kept respawning with a bounty, and thus I kept getting 7000 ever time I killed him, and so I got 50k before he left. Thought I'd report this issue on the forums.

Edited by Vishnu1111

Biohazard Abyss

Inb4 bounty boosting threads

• Like 3
klZZFxG.png

You know when someone has a bounty and theres a time gap of 30 seconds or so before that bounty goes on the message board publicly? Well someone got a 9000 bounty, I was in a jet, and before I got the message board saying that they had a bounty I killed them. And I got 7000. Then they respawned, and they had a bounty again, I killed them and got 7000. I kept killing him and he kept respawning with a bounty, and thus I kept getting 7000 ever time I killed him, and so I got 50k before he left. Thought I'd report this issue on the forums.

if you want that report to really do any good then report it to R* not here. this place has nothing to do with R* other than it's a place for GTA fans to go.

Based God Cali

This happened to me a few days ago. So this guy was pissing my crew off and i came and started running him over(he was in passive.) Every time a ran him over I got $9K.

• Like 2

This has been posted as a new money glitch all over YouTube... Congrats, you are now a glitcher!

brooklyn718

HomerSuspicious.gif

why report this?

Ima get me some free money XD

• Like 2

inb4 Bleonard coming in and shaming you

~-Bill~

Edited by MOA WINGS

henryborked

So how about player one puts a bounty on player two and then immediately starts killing player two over and over? Would that work or does it have to be a npc bounty?

inb4 Bleonard coming in and shaming you

~-Bill~

Nice to see I've got a known reputation on here... I'll wear it as a badge of honor... :)

As far as this goes, yeah, it's a glitch, but it seems like it could be broken pretty easy, if the player goes into passive and/or simply leaves the session. In theory, people could team up and take turns, but this seems like a lot more trouble than many of the other glitches, resulting in a lot less money. Plus, if they care about their precious k/d ratios, they probably won't be too eager to let someone kill them repeatedly.

TL/DR: Compared to money glitches in the past, this one seems pretty minor and will almost certainly be patched with the next update, if not hotfixed beforehand. In the time it takes to do this, you likely could better spend the time making even more cash in other ways.

Also, I wouldn't really consider it "free" money... Collecting a bounty is a perfectly legit way of making money... It's just that, if this is true, the mechanism recognizing the bounty being claimed isn't working right.

-Bill

Edited by BLeonard

CarimboHanky

lol at people that dont detect sarcasm hahaha

-Carimbo

back on topic, i thought this was lag. i also kinda hate that now i get badsport warning if i blowup a bounty that is driving a pv.

BoJack Cognac

Nice to see I've got a known reputation on here... I'll wear it as a badge of honor... :)

As far as this goes, yeah, it's a glitch, but it seems like it could be broken pretty easy, if the player goes into passive and/or simply leaves the session.

You can't enter Passive Mode with a bounty on your head.

Luckily for me, it doesn't seem like many people realize this because I basically live in Passive Mode.

Yeah, I know that... But, if you get killed, you get the option of respawning in passive mode.

I would think that that should break the "bounty chain" effect, but I have noticed that the notifications stating that "player x has claimed the bounty" are significantly delayed after 1.14 as well.

Perhaps that has something to do with the bounty not disappearing... The player respawns before the announcement of a claimed bounty is triggered...?

i also kinda hate that now i get badsport warning if i blowup a bounty that is driving a pv.

There's possibly another reason why I feel this method doesn't have a long shelf life, unless the players coordinate it pretty well... If I don't have to pay insurance if another player blows up my vehicle, I'm driving a high insurance PV when I have a bounty...

Curious... If a player blows up a bounty that is in their PV now and has the money to pay the insurance, do they pay it? Because, we know that the owner of the PV no longer does... Or, does it just zero out, as if the "bounty hunter" had no money?

-Bill

As far as this goes, yeah, it's a glitch, but it seems like it could be broken pretty easy, if the player goes into passive and/or simply leaves the session.

Luckily for me, it doesn't seem like many people realize this because I basically live in Passive Mode.

U can go in passive for sure with a bounty. Set spawn to garage/appartement > switch session > go passive > leave property > recieve bounty message in passive mode > have fun trolling around :)

It wasn't lag. The player was moving perfectly normal. In fact another player started killing the same guy and got the same result.

This has been posted as a new money glitch all over YouTube... Congrats, you are now a glitcher!

How would that make me a glitcher? I didn't do anything to mess with the in game code and so on. I just killed someone over and over again, and got money that shouldn't have been there. As far as the youtube thing goes, I was not aware of that.

Edited by Vishnu1111

Darth_Zannah

Spawn killing... classy.

Why so c*nty?

GTAO is serious business dude.

Smooth.

Edited by Rockwheels

Smooth.

I beg your pardon?

Relative007

Bounties have been buggy ever since 1.14 and R* attempt to remove an exploit associated with them.

I find after I kill someone with a bounty on them, it often takes 5s or so to register I have claimed the bounty (before it was near instantly) and yesterday I chased down someone in a Cheetah with a bounty on, blew it up with him inside and then spawned killed him twice and never received the payout. When he left the session the bounty went with him.

Also yesterday, I went to blow up someone in their PV with a bounty on them, just to find it suddenly disappear and the person who claimed it some 20s earlier being credited with doing so...could have cost me a bit of cash. Whole bounty system and game have been buggy since last update.

Do not get me started on losing the connection to host and dropping out I had never seen before 1.14...

Spawn killing... classy.

Why so c*nty?

Why are you so c*nty?