Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,202 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
AlexSniperBullet

Freeaim is a Ghost town.

AlexSniperBullet

This morning i've noticed when you try to join a new session, there is no players around in freeaim and it's still happening right now.

Only time i ever was able to join a lobby is with the crew and friends and if i'm lucky enough, i'll come upon one room with one or two people that aren't my friends/crew.

Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?

This was this morning and it seems others are experiencing it https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202184947-Freeaim-Lobbies-are-dead-Can-t-find-any-

Edited by AlexSniperBullet

Heavymind

Yeah. I like free-aim as much as I like playing on auto-aim and I wish they were both equally populated.

Edited by Heavymind

Euphorica

So what does one have to do in order to get into free aim? Change the option in singleplayer before joining online?

If so I bet millions of people are not even aware it exists.

AlexSniperBullet

So what does one have to do in order to get into free aim? Change the option in singleplayer before joining online?

haha. if thats true, i'd be laughing right now.

I will pwn you newbs

haha. if thats true, i'd be laughing right now.

Yes it's true. Too bad more people don't play it. I only really have a problem when joining jobs though. Free mode tends to be semi full for me

am30

It's hit or miss I find. Same for auto-aim, but to a slightly lesser extent.

Euphorica

I'm positive that's the case, unfortunately. :p

I only do stunts in invite only sessions so I barely use guns but you need to get the word out to people.

It sounds like something every one of those notorious youtubers should promote instead of saying "don't forget to subscribe" repeatedly 111 times throughout the video.

AlexSniperBullet

I'm supposing everyone ran to autoaim because they're too scared of freeaim lol. thats some serious sh*t there.

Edited by AlexSniperBullet

brose_sfr

i wouldn't want to play with people that want to play FA, but never thought to look in the settings, or ask a friend, or have a friend for that matter.

I'm guessing most people play what their friends are playing, & just run with it.

FA solution: make friends.

--

...if only there was some sort of forum, or a Social Club for people to meet!

Edited by brose_sfr

999bats

I switched back to auto aim on 1.13 just for the sake of having more players in a lobby

Euphorica

i wouldn't want to play with people that want to play FA, but never thought to look in the settings, or ask a friend, or have a friend for that matter.

I'm guessing most people play what their friends are playing, & just run with it.

FA solution: make friends.

--

...if only there was some sort of forum, or a Social Club for people to meet!

Maybe not so much no. But it sure as hell would be fun to play against them :D

paul

auto aim has no reason to exist in a multiplayer shooting game. R* is delusional

Gaffa

Yeah, try using Traditional Aim for now.

Also, there's been a few topics on this already.

tymaster50

I'm supposing everyone ran to autoaim because they're too scared of freeaim lol. thats some serious sh*t there.

free aim isn't difficult to anyone with a working pair of eyes.

Samuel Howitzer

Wait theres a free aim mode?

zimbambazibimbamba

that's what we are talking about since 1.14 patch released.I don't like it but I had to switch it to auto aim.

Starsky83

At a huge risk that I will get laughed at for this I must admit I didnt know there was this auto aim and free aim. I thought it was just hold the aim button half down for free aim and fully down for auto aim??? Ive been playing online since 2nd of October so I'll will look into this when I next play.

MajorVienna

Yeah not many people know there's other 'universes' for the other aim types.

I went there a while back and yeah it was always a ghost town. I would play free aim if more people did.

All in all though, I KNOW that I'm a good aim, I just can't be bothered, so me using auto aim is me just flashing my VIP pass.

Edited by MajorVienna

AlexSniperBullet

I switched back to auto aim on 1.13 just for the sake of having more players in a lobby

quit switching it. it's gonna make freeaim extinct! D:

FourTwoZero

At a huge risk that I will get laughed at for this I must admit I didnt know there was this auto aim and free aim. I thought it was just hold the aim button half down for free aim and fully down for auto aim??? Ive been playing online since 2nd of October so I'll will look into this when I next play.

You have to change your settings to free aim in sp before going online to get in free aim lobbies, if you dont change it its auto aim by default. This is just rediculous that players refuse to take the training wheels off. Everyone is playing auto aim on here and core in battlefield. Games nowadays are catered to casuals. In a few months free aim will be non existant, just like how hardcore servers on bf are almost non existant.

LightningLord

I use auto aim because there is no one playing free aim. We need Rockstar to release a new DLC Pack and make a key feature: "Added Free Aim". Even though it's been there.

I bet half of the GTA Online population doesn't even know Free Aim exists.

Edited by LightningLord411

MilezDawg

I like auto aim to funk around in free roam, but if Im playing missions it's free aim "fo dat xtra RPEE

It does seem like the auto aim lobbies have more players, I stay in AA to race, parachute, etc. GTA4 and RDR online the free aim lobbies were always full, better match making ?

Edited by MilezDawg

RAS_ZeroZ

Went into free aim for the fourth or fifth time two weeks ago.. found a lobby with 3 people in it. Tried some missions through the quick contact on the phone... nothing. Empty mission lobbies. Started my own RR missions and invited people... nobody ever showed up.

It always seems to be that way when I go there :( Wish R* could find some balance between the two modes of play.

Upggrade

I use free aim but I really hate it. The only reason I use it is because, according to this forum, free aim is a much friendlier place. I've yet to find anyone to test this theory out on.

K-ROSE

I could only play with one other person tonight on free aim. Matchmaking is effed up.

Shaundi.

auto aim has no reason to exist in a multiplayer shooting game. R* is delusional

Lol what.

watchclock

There is something going on cause free aim is totally empty, which hasn't happened before

I could only play with one other person tonight on free aim. Matchmaking is effed up.

Same here. For me I was in a session on my own for a bit and then someone else arrived, then ten minutes later another, but whenever I join it's empty. I hope this isn't permanent because auto-aim is totally uninteresting for me! Edited by watchclock

Diesleman

Any ps3 free Aimee's feel free to add me, JayDiesle

Starsky83

You have to change your settings to free aim in sp before going online to get in free aim lobbies, if you dont change it its auto aim by default. This is just rediculous that players refuse to take the training wheels off. Everyone is playing auto aim on here and core in battlefield. Games nowadays are catered to casuals. In a few months free aim will be non existant, just like how hardcore servers on bf are almost non existant.

Thanks for this, Ill be online shortly so I'll give this a go. Should be interesting, im terrible in auto aim hahahaha