GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's the difference between "stock" and "custom"

Balikye

I keep hearing people in the chat talking about how much better "custom' tires make your car. Is there a difference? Should I be putting the white lettering on all of my cars? I don't really like the white lettering ot be honest, I prefer whole black tires; but if it makes my cars preform better, than I guess I will use 'em.

DevilDaRebel

I don't think it has been confirmed that they actually make a difference, it might just be a placebo effect.

Black Rabbit

Custom tires put white text (sometimes red text) on the side wall of your tires.

Nothing more, nothing less. Looks like sh*t on most cars.

AlexSniperBullet

Only difference between "stock" and "custom" is money

Edited by AlexSniperBullet

use whatever tyre makes you happy bud. So what if it makes you go slightly faster or turn slightly better.

Drive like you stole it and you'll be grand. (p.s: stick with the plain walls)

there is no noticeable difference, its a waste of money in most cases, i liked to waste that money back in the billionaire days and put them on but now i dont do it

• Like 1

I thought the advantage to custom tires was they didn't pop when you did really long burnouts and bulletproof means people can't shoot them.

I don't fit them for a performance boost.

Edited by SpidersWeb

custom tyres pop just as easy as stock tyres. no difference in them but the writing.

FireandWater

The only 'advantage' I see to using Custom Tires is when it comes to the Sports Classics. Using the custom tire option on Lowrider tires gives you white-walls, which can look fantastic on the right vehicle. Not too big a fan of the Goodyear Custom Tires though, since they really don't add much aesthetically.

No difference at all performance-wise. Just aesthetics.

GTA-Freak-Vi

Custom tires look good on off-road vehicles and a few muscle cars. They dont really look good on the others such as the supers/sports class. I also used to think that custom tires give you better handling but that's not the case.

I wish you had the option to put custom tires on stock wheels. I want white letter tires on my stock phoenix wheels along with the glitched gold wheel paint.

It's, like everything else, meant to make you lose money. It serves no purpose other than looks.

• Like 2

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

They only look good with dollar rims though, preferably on a brightly coloured adder.

Besides from that they are ugly and a waste.

Apparently though spoilers do affect traction now so R* may make some visual changes useful in the future.