Vapid Blade the new best muscle car?

Jerry JeBibbler

Jerry JeBibbler

After many drag races, i've came to the conclusion that the blade is the fastest muscle car for drag racing, even able to beat faster (higher class) vehicles when launched and using the downshift trick correctly. I thought it didnt corner so good at first, but once you get it down it even corners super nice, with minimal oversteer. I've played a bunch of muscle races online and have been dominating dominators and gauntlets on races with many turns. In my opinion, it is the fastest new muscle car, at least when I am behind the wheel? what do you guys think? and if you don't think it's that great of a car, let's have a friendly race and i'll show how fast she can REALLY go haha ;)

Lord Darantuin

I need to try it out more. At a quick glimpse I didn't like the suspension profile, having a lifted front and lowered rear suspension (I get the idea behind it though on a RWD car but still... It's out of balance and affects the steering in a way I don't want it to). I tried the car with all the best performance mods and I gotta admit the gear ratio is amazing for quick takeoffs.

The car shoots off like a rocket then evens out to what I'd call an admirable top speed. It is an intriguing car to say the least, but I find it hard to believe it'd dethrone Gauntlet in my books. Needs more testing on my part....

My Gauntlet is the ONLY vehicle I've had ever since I started GTA online (which was the day online was released), I've bought, collected and sold numerous expensive and cool cars to refreshen my collection but the Gauntlet was always there. SO I NEED QUITE A BIT OF CONVINCING TO TAKE YOUR WORD THERE! ;P

Jerry JeBibbler

I need to try it out more. At a quick glimpse I didn't like the suspension profile, having a lifted front and lowered rear suspension (I get the idea behind it though on a RWD car but still... It's out of balance and affects the steering in a way I don't want it to). I tried the car with all the best performance mods and I gotta admit the gear ratio is amazing for quick takeoffs.

The car shoots off like a rocket then evens out to what I'd call an admirable top speed. It is an intriguing car to say the least, but I find it hard to believe it'd dethrone Gauntlet in my books. Needs more testing on my part....

My Gauntlet is the ONLY vehicle I've had ever since I started GTA online (which was the day online was released), I've bought, collected and sold numerous expensive and cool cars to refreshen my collection but the Gauntlet was always there. SO I NEED QUITE A BIT OF CONVINCING TO TAKE YOUR WORD THERE! ;P

Lets have a race mate i'll show you the Blades abilities. I haven't raced too many gauntlets, but dominators are nothing for it haha.

Lord Darantuin

You on XBOX? If so then sure, I'd be happy to have a few test runs against a Blade. Add me "Lord Darantuin" on Xbox and we'll take a few runs later on today if you're around!

P.S .. Dominator only looks good, they drift too much which ends up costing them valuable seconds in a race environment :) Atleast that's my view

Lord Darantuin

Color me impressed! Blade is a beast, I'mma keep my Gauntlet but I gotta start thinking about a new investment aswell :p

I've played a few races with my crew, and although the blade seems to pass my gauntlet on a straight road, as soon as a turn comes along they spin out and i corner perfectly :p

• Like 1

Defender1904

I'm definitely going to buy the Blade, it is pretty good in performance and is unique...

TheGoodSgtScooter

How to downshift?

mysteriousamg

good car but i didnt keep mines because it doesnt shoot flames out the exhaust. If they make a gauntlet s model like the buffalo, i will most likely buy it. If i were you, id paint the gauntlet all white with a gold stripe just like the special edition (dodge challenger hearst edition)

Look it up on google. I fell in love with the blade as soon as i drove it before all the upgrades. I think it will outrun the gauntlet on a straightaway because of the accel. But the gauntlet will kill the blade on a course with turns.

Edited by mysteriousamg

Jerry JeBibbler

I've played a few races with my crew, and although the blade seems to pass my gauntlet on a straight road, as soon as a turn comes along they spin out and i corner perfectly :p

Thats cause they cant drive. You shouldnt spin out in the blade, it has like no oversteer lol. I could probably corner just as fast if not faster. Havent lost a muscle race with it yet. we should race ;)

LightningLord

Is it worth that joke of a price tag? $120,000 seems too much.

IcOqQpq.gif

Thats cause they cant drive. You shouldnt spin out in the blade, it has like no oversteer lol. I could probably corner just as fast if not faster. Havent lost a muscle race with it yet. we should race ;)

By all means, I'm online most days

How to downshift?

It only works at lower speeds and it does not work for all vehicles.

Quickly and gently lay off the gas.. Tap the handbrake (RB) and then press back on the gas hard. Its pretty much one quick motion.

You car will basically rev like crazy and the back wheels will start going full throttle if you do it right.

It's doesn't only work for lower speeds, I've been downshifting since I stepped foot on Los Santos.

The Benefactor Feltzer / Grotti Carbon sound like absolute beasts bombing through the tunnel heading towards Fort Zancudo and dropping down a gear. It gives a slight boost but if you time it well and tap RB right at the end of the Rev range, you can prolong the "boost" just that little bit longer.

It's doesn't only work for lower speeds, I've been downshifting since I stepped foot on Los Santos.

It does not work at higher speeds... So ya, it only works at lower speeds since thats what it is. A way to boost yourself to the higher speeds faster.

It does not work at higher speeds... So ya, it only works at lower speeds since thats what it is. A way to boost yourself to the higher speeds faster.

Have you actually tried it going at higher speeds in the above Vehicles I mentioned? I do it every time I log on at some point.

Obviously it doesn't make the vehicle any faster then it's top speed but the boost is there. Maybe it's just me but I definitely notice it.

Edited by JaegerV2

• 1 month later...
Arrows to Athens

How to downshift?

It only works at lower speeds and it does not work for all vehicles.

Quickly and gently lay off the gas.. Tap the handbrake (RB) and then press back on the gas hard. Its pretty much one quick motion.

You car will basically rev like crazy and the back wheels will start going full throttle if you do it right.

It works on all cars. But on certain cars you have to be driving as soon as you hit 2nd gear and brake and then floor the gas. On those cars the R1 method will work like 10% of the time. You will the gear stutter but it only works sometimes. The massacro works best and if you drag race it with a Zentorno while down-shifting and even boost launching it can win on an Airport runway.

Edited by Fearx--

• 9 months later...
DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

The dominator is better in the right hands now

1GPM69f.jpg

Above Omnipotence

The double-clutch/downshift works with every customizable vehicle in the the game, EXCEPT for the electric vehicles. For the 4WD and FWD vehicles, you have to tap the LT & RB buttons at the same time for it to work. The 4WD vehicles won't get the peel-out but, still can get the speed boost. The FWD vehicles has a slightly slower timing of the technique. Some vehicles have stronger downshifts than others, Banshee has the strongest double-clutch, closely followed by the Blade, Bullet, Massacro, Phoenix, Carbonizarre, Turismo, and Z-Type.

And yes, the motorcycles can do the technique as well.

ZaBaconator3000

Are we allowed to necro? Or should we create new threads?

Edited by ZaBaconator3000

Verstappen

The Blade is a very nice car to drive, doesn't break out at the rear. It's not the fastest though.

Above Omnipotence

Reported for necroing a thread with a pointless post.....

LOL People were talking about the technique, how is it "pointless", 'ol pointless one you?

When it was launched imo the Blade was the best. Loved the handling.

Now, I honestly think the dukes has surpassed it. It's a little more tail happy but a damn great car if you can drive it

Verstappen

In terms of overall lap time, Dominator just pips the Dukes. But as of best handling muscle car, Blade is best imo.

I added that spoiler to my race Dukes (got 3 in total), Don't like the looks but if it gives me a little bit more grip which I'm happy about.

3? Damn lol, I just got the one. Its won me a couple of races, including against this lot

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20150520162731.

I guess a lot of it's prefrence. I don't buy this whole "1 car is better than everything for races" it depends on cars people feel comfortable with.

Verstappen

Yup, it's my favorite car.

4dPAOdBJJUeEhIwnic8ZnQ_0_0.jpg

Green one has different rims now though as seen in my signature.

Edited by Verstappen

Yup, it's my favorite car.

http://prod.hosted.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/4dPAOdBJJUeEhIwnic8ZnQ_0_0.jpg

Green one has different rims now though as seen in my signature.

How I make a spoiler?

[spoiler ] what u want in the spoiler

remove the space in

Edited by Winning001