Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
KaramG

Anyone else really excited about the video editor? Hopes for VE?

KaramG

As soon as GTA Online launched, I immediately saw the potential to make some awesome machinima films; however, to my disappointment, the 360/PS3 version had no playback feature or clip capture app on the iFruit so any machinima would be super hard to execute. When I found out they were adding a video editor to the PC version, I became ecstatic. Just think about all the potential for machinima, especially with all the inevitable mods. Anyone else excited? Also, what features do you guys wanna see included with the VE?

r34ld34l

As soon as GTA Online launched, I immediately saw the potential to make some awesome machinima films; however, to my disappointment, the 360/PS3 version had no playback feature or clip capture app on the iFruit so any machinima would be super hard to execute. When I found out they were adding a video editor to the PC version, I became ecstatic. Just think about all the potential for machinima, especially with all the inevitable mods. Anyone else excited? Also, what features do you guys wanna see included with the VE?

machinima as Machinima, youtube partner, or as montage?

Jimbatron

Unlimited recording time would be great (subject to hd space obviously). Splicing together lots of 40 second clips in IV takes a long time.

Performer

I'm going to do a new youtube channel just for V videos.

I hope they removed the restrictions from the IV one though!

Antaxi

Nan not interesting

hornedturtle

no....wait what....just use fraps....?

Xerukal

no....wait what....just use fraps....?

Fraps doesn't have fancy camera angles and in-game slow-mo, though.

Plus, recording clips doesn't f*ck your framerate up the arse. But even if it did, there's always Shadowplay for NVIDIA users.

Edited by Xerukal

Jimbatron

^ agree with this although I hope we can use fraps too. In LA Noire and MP3 it didn't work in full screen mode for me.

EvilDog77

I'm proper stoked about the video editor. I made some decent montages for IV but if the editor is improved upon the potential for making awesome machinimas could be limitless. Let's have none of this 'camera-out-of-range' and 'F2-to-save-15-seconds-of-play' bullcrap and have a full-on battle-recorder. F**k yeah!

NTAuthority

All I'm hoping is it doesn't end up having a crash-causing bug like the IV one did with Clip Capture enabled causing the game to crash when switching weapons after putting the sniper rifle scope in a glitchy state :(

gtasadude

Can't wait for it. Hoping they expand by having two different GUI's (simple for casuals, advanced for pro's), lossless rendering options (prores, etc), and the ability to copy angles between different clips (would allow for easy masking).

RyanBurnsRed

I just hope we can record more than a minute of gameplay at a time. Although I don't see that changing.

Xerukal

One thing about IV's editor is that it lets us use all the radio songs from each radio station in the game. However, since V has an actual composed soundtrack, I hope that this extends to it as well. So I can use, let's say, one of Trevor's rampage themes in an entirely different, non-rampage clip.

I'm sure the list would be long, as there are quite a few tracks in the game. But hey, the more the merrier!

Edited by Xerukal

NYC PATROL

I'm not even getting the PC version and I'm excited for the video editor. Can't wait to see what people create.

r34ld34l

I'm not even getting the PC version and I'm excited for the video editor. Can't wait to see what people create.

What I have seen on internet thus far, I'm kinda afraid of what will people create...

Alvarez

I hope the editor lets us install and adjust cameras during playback of recorded gameplay, as well as record NPC actions and multithreading support.

Trash99

It's gonna be very useful for my channel, can't wait to make some funny montages of V.

I'm using Shadowplay now, lol can't believe everyone loves Fraps, it takes f*cking 500GB of space when you record, Shadowplay takes minimum on 1080p and 60 fps. And has the automatic record feature which is the best thing ever.

It's the best recording software you can get, and it's free.

I hope the video editor will be like it was in IV , but better.

Charlie Goodvibes

I've never been a PC gamer, because honestly the only games I've ever really gotten into are GTA and Red Dead Redemption (I know I know) because of their cinematic qualities. I work in the entertainment industry in post-production, editing and color grading and the like, and am very much looking forward to making short, character driven films. Could anyone help me out and link to some of the more cinematic GTA IV machinima? I'm interested to see what the camera tools were like and what the capabilities were. Forgive my lack of knowledge of the PC gaming world.

r34ld34l

I've never been a PC gamer, because honestly the only games I've ever really gotten into are GTA and Red Dead Redemption (I know I know) because of their cinematic qualities. I work in the entertainment industry in post-production, editing and color grading and the like, and am very much looking forward to making short, character driven films. Could anyone help me out and link to some of the more cinematic GTA IV machinima? I'm interested to see what the camera tools were like and what the capabilities were. Forgive my lack of knowledge of the PC gaming world.

If you like cinematic qualitties, then you for sure have to play Metal Gear Solid franchise.

VIPΣR

Can't wait to make some machinimas like in the old IV days. I'm hoping for a more complex Video Editor for V.

NYC PATROL

What I have seen on internet thus far, I'm kinda afraid of what will people create...

What do you mean? lol

PhoGarrett

What do you mean? lol

Chop is Love, Chop is Life.

Performer

Gangnam style parody 2994249234923 incoming.

People will just make sh*t with the editor. But that's the case with every game. No matter how good the game is, someone will always make video footage and make it look like f*ck. And mostyl: It's the majority of them.

I think this picture can visualize what I mean:

6qRYmS4J4HJFvFMnieAc4pPX5AfE4.png

Edited by Performer

r34ld34l

Gangnam style parody 2994249234923 incoming.

People will just make sh*t with the editor. But that's the case with every game. No matter how good the game is, someone will always make video footage and make it look like f*ck. And mostyl: It's the majority of them.

I think this picture can visualize what I mean:

6qRYmS4J4HJFvFMnieAc4pPX5AfE4.png

Well it depends how you look at this, it is vice versa for me (whole picture is only stuff I personally saw, not what I didn't see).

Xerukal

I'm wondering if there will be a stylish "side by side" view for when you record missions that involve mid-combat character switches. So while you, let's say, see the character you currently control at the center of the screen, you see the other two AI-controlled protagonists doing their own thing in a little picture-in-picture or side by side view. That could be quite entertaining.

The possibilities are truly endless, and I hope they take advantage of them to the best of their abilities. Coming from someone who doesn't use the VE all that much except for fooling around.

nik0hue

I'm wondering if there will be a stylish "side by side" view for when you record missions that involve mid-combat character switches. So while you, let's say, see the character you currently control at the center of the screen, you see the other two AI-controlled protagonists doing their own thing in a little picture-in-picture or side by side view. That could be quite entertaining.

The possibilities are truly endless, and I hope they take advantage of them to the best of their abilities. Coming from someone who doesn't use the VE all that much except for fooling around.

Rockstar? You taking notes?

Hover_Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQu5HC4isWA

andersona7x6661

Errr....no.

III974III

I did not played IV online but I saw Dadax9x9 videos (example below), and I hope we will be able to use cameras like he did (rotating the camera pretty much everywhere seemingly). Reading what you guys said about time limitations makes me wonder how he did this though.

Plus, I have a question, how will the editor work with game capture device ? Will this be compatible with the VE or will that be one or another ?

EDIT : also, I hope we will be able to build ramps like he did. But from what I understand, it will be in solo mode only right ? Not that I want the online mode to be modded like sh*t, but it would be cool to do this in private, invite-based sessions for example.

Edited by III974III

III974III

I'm started to think that I'm some kind of topic killer :)