GTA IV Current Gen Overhaul

Jokerjohn09

Jokerjohn09

I came across a thread that suggested the idea of GTA IV on current gen. I immediately thought "Couldn't this be done with mods?"

So I've come up with the idea to start a project that makes IV/EFLC have the graphical fidelity of V.

Examples:

: Higher Poly Models

: 4K Textures

: Parallax Occlusion Mapping

: Advanced Weather Effects

Obviously, this would take a lot of time and resources but it would it would be a great way to future

proof the game. There are dozens of programs out there that could really help too.

I would very much appreciate some feedback.

wow awesome, but GTA IV could handle it? sometimes if use a lot mods, got missing textures, etc

I'm sure, modders will do the same like they did, such as GTA san andreas use GTA IV engine

And I hope the next is, GTA IV use GTA V engine. that would be awesome

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on MajesticNLs post

Anyway overal graphics overhaul to 4k textures ? Im sorry to tell you, but my response would be hell no, because this game uses so many textures it would take ages to complete, only SRT on SA is still being developed to now and it began more than 5 years ago i think. And even if you would get those textures working in game, the game would run like total sh*t due to fact R* horribly optimised this game for PCs.

And IMO you dont really need 4k photorealistic textures to enjoy the game, im very fine with defaults.

Edited by Bone34

PacketOverload_x64bit

Of all the modifications in GTA IV the one modification that can make this game is a camera position / cinematic cam modification. CInematic cam is the best way to get graphic awesomeness in GTA IV. But it's clunky, non-intuitive and quite counterproductive much of the time.

If you look at GTA IV from a simple 3/4 view, lower than a vehicle it's epic. I see all kinds of camera scripts at work in IV at idle - none have a mod attached that invoke them at will. You can't play the game with the free roam camera - it's only for screenshots.

• 1 month later...

how about fix the crappy gta iv vehicle handling and player movement, its so dull and crappy, everything tilts and slides.

how about fix the crappy gta iv vehicle handling and player movement, its so dull and crappy, everything tilts and slides.

How about you stop bumping old topics?

How have you been on this forum since 09 and still don't understand the basic forum rules that generally EVERY forum uses.

The vehicle handling is awesome imo.