Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,253 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LongJohnTeabag

Lampdati Pigalle Appreciation Thread

AUScowboy

Just finish a race playlist using mostly my Michelli and Pigalle, take a smoke break and find this thread at the top of the vehicles page. It's nice to be in the company of fellow persons of impeccable taste 😏

Mazereau
Posted (edited)

Hehehe !

So, promises are made to be kept, here is my Pigalle.

7SqBu_RX40m-OFB0WMcVmg_0_0.jpg

I tried to reproduce the Citroen's color known as "Vert des Tropiques" 

Spoiler

sm-carbu1big.jpg

sm-maserati7big.jpg

I used Galaxy Blue with Sea Green as a pearlescent. It's probably a little too dark and too much on the green side tho ; (Should work better with a Gasoline Green pearlescent, but i didn't unlocked it yet on PC)

Spoiler

QNR-f9X7uE-V_c5TJxuEPg_0_0.jpg

Edited by Mazereau

DoxerWhite
Spoiler
On 6/22/2018 at 2:34 PM, Mazereau said:

You're propably right !
In fact the Louvers from the SM Espace were made of Aluminium, as the T-Type roof. So not really matching the ingame model. That's why i said "somewhat accurate" in my earlier post ^^ 

I'm glad R* released so many classics. Not saying i don't like recent car, but i like the bold design of oldies (i feel like the Apex was in the 70's btw). 

I got the Citroën "Camargue" in mind, Aerodynamic but yet stylish, and that, for a touring coupé concept :

Reveal hidden contents

Tyrannosaure-Citro%C3%ABn-GS-Camargue-Co

?format=750w

Tyrannosaure-Citro%C3%ABn-GS-Camargue-Co

Featuring "your" Citroën Feuille dorée @DoxerWhite 😉

But enough off-topic, i'll post a picture of my Pigalle as soon as possible ^^

Hey hey ! I like what you said about the '70's design. I hope that R* will continue to release more vintage Gran Tourer in the future (Montreal, Daytona, A310, XJS, M1, 911 and maybe Type-E soon ?)

This Camargue concept could be an interesting suggestion for the Wishlist thread. You should give it a try !

As for your Pigalle, I know the "Tropical green" (which isn't really green tbh) is a tricky paintjob to do. I will try myself to get an hex for this color. Every Citroën SM police car used to be in this color if I'm not mistaken, so I will probably use one of these pictures instead.

I'd like to try the "Roquebrune brown" before :

CM2009_627.jpg

Spoiler

smg10.jpg

Citroen-SM-Gendarmerie.jpg

Arrows to Athens

Passive bailing with the Pigalle.

Mazereau
Posted (edited)

@DoxerWhite

Thanks for the tips about the Wishlist thread, just read a few pages and there's some really interesting vehicle ! 

Concerning vintage Grand Tourer, i must agree ^^ Actually i think GTA lacks Touring and Grand Touring cars in general (non sports version i mean), just look how tiny is the "Coupé" class or the "Sedan" class aswell, it's really a shame imho. It could add some more variety in terms of design, and also allow people to race something else than just Sports or SuperCars. (Actually it's not only a question of variety, but performance mostly, since there is 1 god tier in each class nobody is using other cars anyway, out of racing community.)

About the "Vert des Tropiques", indeed it's a blue, but i'm not sure if the police car you showed were painted this color. It's pretty hard to say tbh, could have been "Bleu Delta" for the first one and "Bleu de Brégançon" for the other aswell ? Really hard to tell from those old pictures, even harder if we don't know in which year, the model showed on the picture, was assembled. (I'm picky about the second one tho, pretty sure you are right, and it's a "Vert Des Tropiques")

I'm using different websites, but I can't really tell from the pictures, some colors are pretty close to each other, really.

On this website, the "Vert des Tropiques" seems pretty dark, and noticeably green (2nd color starting from right) :

nuancier%20SM%201971%203.jpg

But on this other website, the green is harder to see out of a slight shine on the nose of the car.

Didn't find any HEX yet, unfortunately.

PS : I really recommand the first website i linked, for the guys that are looking for realistic painjob on their lovely Pigalle, there is almost all you need. (I'm pretty sure you already knew about it Doxer 😉)

Edit 1 : @Arrows How dare you leave this beautiful lady going alone ?! 😊

Edit 2 : @Doxer I forgot to say : This Roquebrune brown man ! If you succeed, don't forget to share the Hex ! 

Edited by Mazereau

Lance Mayhem
Posted (edited)

I've got to admit I'm not quite as particular about colours as some are, opting for a close approximation of the copper / brown I seem to recall from the Matchbox toy SM. 

Sienna Brown metallic with a Yellow pearl (or maybe Race Yellow, I can't recall) looked close enough for me, and certainly looks seventies. 

If that doesn't come close enough, maybe adjust the colour on your TV / monitor to get it just so. :D        (orange grass and electric-blue skin tones be damned)  

By the way, does anyone else see some Bitter CD influence?

https://goo.gl/images/zQaGxb

https://goo.gl/images/5koqm2

Sure, the rear wheels are, by dint of them being the drive wheels on the Bitter, positioned much further forward to get some weight on them, but that rear quarter window has some similarities.

Digging this thread, and I really appreciate the care so many of you have put into your pictures.   

Love the Pigalle. Rockstar did a good job of combining elements of many good-looking cars*, and the classy quietness and scalpel-like handling make it one of my favorites. 

*Even though, like many, I still prefer to view it as a Citroen SM :)

Edited by Lance Mayhem

Willy A. Jeep

@Lance Mayhem, I'm of the idea that the Pigalle's rear quarter was mostly inspired by the Lamborghini Espada, though the tail itself is a rather odd design, with the lip "spoiler" and Maserati Ghibli-like back (though adapted to be a hatch like the SM has), bumper, and lamps. Can definitely see what you mean with the CD, though, as it is similar to the Espada in this area. Too, I still like to think of the Pigalle as an SM over any other car, just through my bias for Citroën's awesome styling in that era.

Spoiler

Citroen_SM_(1972)_-_15338195064.jpg

Lamborghini_Espada_(5748171984).jpg

1967_Maserati_Ghibli_(7707670274).jpg

Bitter_cd_h_sst.jpg

NGEdXQ6.jpg

Lance Mayhem
Posted (edited)

Thanks for providing pics of the different cars from similar camera angles, Willy A. Jeep.  

The Ghibli's taillights and bumper are mighty close, that's for certain. 

I think I see a little of what you mean in regard to the Espada, but the C pillar looks heavy (not unlike that of the Nissan Rogue, if I may blaspheme). Of course, structural requirements necessitated this. The incredibly low front end of the Espada (look at how little bodywork there is over the front wheels!) also leaves the greenhouse looking a bit tall. Unfortunate,  but at least, in concert with the slender B pillars, it imparts some 'lightness' above the beltline, which the Pigalle also managed quite well. 

The clean design of the Bitter is a bit unfair. Built on an Opel platform, looking good was its only job, so, like many 'boutique' cars, style took precedence over other concerns. Bitter didn't have to make a car, they just had to make a car look good. Based on performance and handling, the Bitter has no business hanging out with the likes of these, lacking the sophistication of Citroen's suspension, or the true artistry of the drivetrains from Lamborghini and Maserati. 

Also on the Bitter, and on design in general, a 'clean' design can almost tend toward blandness, a characteristic never attributed to the Ghibli, Espada, or SM. 

Or our beloved Pigalle. 

Thank you for the post. 

1 hour ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

@Lance Mayhem Too, I still like to think of the Pigalle as an SM over any other car, just through my bias for Citroën's awesome styling in that era.

Reveal hidden contents

Bitter_cd_h_sst.jpg

NGEdXQ6.jpg

It's not bias if it's true. 

Edited by Lance Mayhem

DoxerWhite
Spoiler
9 hours ago, Mazereau said:

@DoxerWhite

Thanks for the tips about the Wishlist thread, just read a few pages and there's some really interesting vehicle ! 

Concerning vintage Grand Tourer, i must agree ^^ Actually i think GTA lacks Touring and Grand Touring cars in general (non sports version i mean), just look how tiny is the "Coupé" class or the "Sedan" class aswell, it's really a shame imho. It could add some more variety in terms of design, and also allow people to race something else than just Sports or SuperCars. (Actually it's not only a question of variety, but performance mostly, since there is 1 god tier in each class nobody is using other cars anyway, out of racing community.)

About the "Vert des Tropiques", indeed it's a blue, but i'm not sure if the police car you showed were painted this color. It's pretty hard to say tbh, could have been "Bleu Delta" for the first one and "Bleu de Brégançon" for the other aswell ? Really hard to tell from those old pictures, even harder if we don't know in which year, the model showed on the picture, was assembled. (I'm picky about the second one tho, pretty sure you are right, and it's a "Vert Des Tropiques")

I'm using different websites, but I can't really tell from the pictures, some colors are pretty close to each other, really.

On this website, the "Vert des Tropiques" seems pretty dark, and noticeably green (2nd color starting from right) :

nuancier%20SM%201971%203.jpg

But on this other website, the green is harder to see out of a slight shine on the nose of the car.

Didn't find any HEX yet, unfortunately.

PS : I really recommand the first website i linked, for the guys that are looking for realistic painjob on their lovely Pigalle, there is almost all you need. (I'm pretty sure you already knew about it Doxer 😉)

Edit 1 : @Arrows How dare you leave this beautiful lady going alone ?! 😊

Edit 2 : @Doxer I forgot to say : This Roquebrune brown man ! If you succeed, don't forget to share the Hex ! 

Gosh I love this logo seen on the color palette. I'm sure you could make an album cover out of it. Don't worry, when the color will be ready, I'm gonna post it for everyone to see.

Interesting ! Well it can probably be "Brégançon blue" too. The 5 SM have been requested by the highway patrol in 1973 ("Delta blue" is a unique color from '74). Apparently two of them still exist and two other replicas have been made from civilian SM. Here's the link were I got this info : http://www.milinfo.org/article-video-citroen-sm-citroen-ds-et-alpine-a110-gendarmerie-68109651.html

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Lance Mayhem said:

I've got to admit I'm not quite as particular about colours as some are, opting for a close approximation of the copper / brown I seem to recall from the Matchbox toy SM. 

Sienna Brown metallic with a Yellow pearl (or maybe Race Yellow, I can't recall) looked close enough for me, and certainly looks seventies. 

If that doesn't come close enough, maybe adjust the colour on your TV / monitor to get it just so. :D        (orange grass and electric-blue skin tones be damned)  

Sure, the rear wheels are, by dint of them being the drive wheels on the Bitter, positioned much further forward to get some weight on them, but that rear quarter window has some similarities.

Digging this thread, and I really appreciate the care so many of you have put into your pictures.   

Love the Pigalle. Rockstar did a good job of combining elements of many good-looking cars*, and the classy quietness and scalpel-like handling make it one of my favorites. 

How did I never heard about this car before ? It sure bears some trait (maybe a little bit more wedge). Nice to learn about new brands. Thanks for contributing to the thread !

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

@Lance Mayhem, I'm of the idea that the Pigalle's rear quarter was mostly inspired by the Lamborghini Espada, though the tail itself is a rather odd design, with the lip "spoiler" and Maserati Ghibli-like back (though adapted to be a hatch like the SM has), bumper, and lamps. Can definitely see what you mean with the CD, though, as it is similar to the Espada in this area. Too, I still like to think of the Pigalle as an SM over any other car, just through my bias for Citroën's awesome styling in that era.

Hide contents

Bitter_cd_h_sst.jpg

NGEdXQ6.jpg

Great explanation, as always ! The pictures makes it even better :inlove:

Mazereau
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Lance Mayhem said:

Talking about Opel, having a GT look-a-like in the game would be great, mostly for their unique headlights :

Spoiler

4967670011_large.jpg

The system was weird - actually many people are saying it was ridiculous, mostly because it was hard to use - but, still, it was unique. (manually operated, rotating counterclockwise about a longitudinal axis)

64546-500-0.jpg?rev=2

About the Bitter CD, the general design reminds me of a truly unique car, and it's point was not to be just "beautiful". And this car is the Matra-Simca Bagheera :

main_15.40.39.png?itok=luff9JM7

ob_bcb0aaf7756b348a1bb558fb209d80d4_p145

Did you get it's main and unique feature ? (Easier to spot on the 2nd picture)

Spoiler

It's a 3 front seats coupé ! Touring yes, but touring as you were sitting in your couch :)

dscf00394lh.jpg

Here's a wiki link for more informations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matra_Bagheera

PS : "Enough french vanity" I said earlier and I keep posting about french cars. Ahaha. Sorry guys. What's bred in the bone comes out in the flesh, I guess. 🤔

Edited by Mazereau

Lance Mayhem

*CAR NERD ALERT*

Thanks for the educational post, Mazereau. 

I've seen a few Opel GTs, but I didn't know that its headlights were manually operated.

Also, I had forgotten about the Bagheera, and never knew about its unconventional seating arrangement.

...speaking of which...

Tangential Rockstar tie-in:

The 1938 Cord Phantom Corsair (a custom built dreamcar/prototype, of which only one was made) featured seating for four people abreast (one to the left and two to the right of the driver). This car shows up in Rockstar's game L.A.Noire. 

http://theesotericcuriosa.blogspot.com/2009/12/flying-wombat-1938-phantom-corsair.html?m=1