1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Del boy

Were any of you surprised when there was no mafia?

golf wang

What's the reason for hating one type crime more than another? In the end, it's all crime, so it's all bad.

I'm sorry, but I just do not get this.

All crime is bad; sure.

But what's the reason for hating more than another?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe because, let's say, a child molester is way worse than some kid getting caught smoking pot?

Maybe because, let's say, someone killing 6 people is worse than some dude who hit his wife?

It's stupid to try and make those equal because it's all "just crime"

Of course my examples have a lot more variance than the current topic at hand, but I'd say it's understandable why someone would hate Gangsta's more than, say, the Mafia or something along those lines.

I should have specified, in this case I'm talking about organized crime. What's the point of hating a gangster from a street gang like the Crips and getting all wet over mafia dudes in suits? It's the same sh*t, just in different clothes and with a different style. A gangbanger sells drugs, holds up stores, and kills his rivals just like an associate in the mafia would, the only difference is their choice of clothes and their style. Basically what I'm saying is, Lucchese's reasons for hating "gangsta" culture seem so superficial. In the end organized crime is exactly what it is, organized crime.

Edited by golf wang

kingcs

Lol that made no sense whatsoever.

Edit: not you Golf.

Edited by kingcs

Geralt of Rivia

What's the reason for hating one type crime more than another? In the end, it's all crime, so it's all bad.

I'm sorry, but I just do not get this.

All crime is bad; sure.

But what's the reason for hating more than another?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe because, let's say, a child molester is way worse than some kid getting caught smoking pot?

Maybe because, let's say, someone killing 6 people is worse than some dude who hit his wife?

It's stupid to try and make those equal because it's all "just crime"

Of course my examples have a lot more variance than the current topic at hand, but I'd say it's understandable why someone would hate Gangsta's more than, say, the Mafia or something along those lines.

I should have specified, in this case I'm talking about organized crime. What's the point of hating a gangster from a street gang like the Crips and getting all wet over mafia dudes in suits? It's the same sh*t, just in different clothes and with a different style. A gangbanger sells drugs, holds up stores, and kills his rivals just like an associate in the mafia would, the only difference is their choice of clothes and their style. Basically what I'm saying is, Lucchese's reasons for hating "gangsta" culture seem so superficial. In the end organized crime is exactly what it is, organized crime.

Ah, ok. That makes a lot of difference.

Del boy

Common let's get back on the topic? M'kay

--Vega--

Not really since Cali is more of the Gang heritage than Mafia.

Leave mob in NY and Florida (at least in the old days).

PhillBellic

What I was suprised by was why there was so little attention paid to the Mexican Cartels, apart from a few token mentions as the story went along.

Cheers.

universetwisters

What I was suprised by was why there was so little attention paid to the Mexican Cartels, apart from a few token mentions as the story went along.

Cheers.

That's a given considering that Rockstar only touched up on the THUG LYFE for ten minutes with Franklin. Nothing of value was lost

richard1997jones

I was hoping Michael would go down that road and maybe Franklin did a Carl Johnson style take over where both interactive players would be at war with each other and then Trevor has a gang which fight the bikers . It's a shame GTA V didn't take the idea of gang territories like they did in SA.

bish0p2004

you all seem to be missing the point...

The mafia has a code of ethics they follow. So it stands to reason they would stay out of soulless la in real life. Why do you think they love New York so much ?

Same reason I hate la in real life it's nothing more than a cancer that's spread and killed society. f*ck L.A and everything it stands for gta v did get that soulless vibe right in V I will admit that which is why I don't want to play it. :(

I'm sorry but any group that deals in murder, drugs, and extortion is a cancer.

shattered-minds

Considering they told us what the story was about before release I would have been surprised if there was mafia in the story

Tyla

I was actually surprised there was no illusion to a Los Santos Crime Family at all.

Not because they should've been superdon's or had massive influence (or even a part in the major story), but because how much of a joke the Los Angeles Crime Family are. Don't they comprise of something like ten members - one half on the lam from NYC families, other half part time actors? In a game of satire I would've thought them perfect joke fodder?

I like how they briefly used Sammy Bottino and his daughter to take the piss out of the Mafia. I would've liked more of that in strangers and freaks.

Zanje

Is the Italian mob still involved with Vegas? If so maybe if we ever do get Las Venturas added in some expansion they will get some more exposure?

Edited by Zanje

Official General

Is the Italian mob still involved with Vegas? If so maybe if we ever do get Las Venturas added in some expansion they will get some more exposure?

Now, you see, something like this could still work. Las Vegas has such a long history and association with the Mafia, that even though they no longer have a heavy presence or influence there in modern times, Rockstar could still include them in a new Las Venturas and make them still feel so relevant to the city. I'd actually like the idea of a Mafia storyline in modern-day Las Vegas, with other crime groups thrown into the mix.

Ss4gogeta0

also I find it funny how you singlehandedly target african americans... Totally racist...

I didn't "singlehandedly target african americans"...I targeted low-life street thugs - black/white/purple/burgundy. But thanks for proving my point that you are associating African-Americans with crime; who's the real bigot here? Also, did I not just disclose that I find white chavs equally despicable?

Disclosure for the mods: I realise this is getting off topic, but I take accusations of racism severely seriously.

The hell is a chav? and also before you say sh*t, I do not associate only black people with crime... I grew up in the ghetto and I can say anyone can be a criminal... besides, I am half black and half latino... so your point on trying to pin me as a racist is null....

you all seem to be missing the point...

The mafia has a code of ethics they follow. So it stands to reason they would stay out of soulless la in real life. Why do you think they love New York so much ?

Same reason I hate la in real life it's nothing more than a cancer that's spread and killed society. f*ck L.A and everything it stands for gta v did get that soulless vibe right in V I will admit that which is why I don't want to play it. :(

Mafia's live by a code? What dreamland are you in? alot of mafia members would do anything to get to the top... even selling their own mothers... so do not give me that righteous gang member crap...

besides... most street gangs have an unspoken code that they live up to... You may not see that, but I was raised in such an environment where I have witnessed it first hand... If you do not follow the rules and regulations... you will get violated or end up in a pine box

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Del boy

^^^Well I grew up in the slums of Manila not to be rude but the ghetto is a little overrated

Ss4gogeta0

^^^Well I grew up in the slums of Manila not to be rude but the ghetto is a little overrated

iJIW89B.gif

The california ghettos are safer than people think... as long as you dont look like your up to something or wear a certain color, no one will mess with you...

of course, I do both alot so Im more likely to be shot at (Happened before) and other stuff

Racecarlock

I get it, the godfather was a good movie. Does everything even partially crime related have to have their fingerprints all over it?

As others have alluded to, the mob doesn't have much influence in California. But you know what Cali does have? Banks and government corruption. If only V had been about robbing banks and government corruption.

I'm surprised that we didn't get more gang/cartel related crime.

Because the focus of V was never about that stuff. I can't help but feel that adding Franklin as a protagonist and including some missions revolving around that world was simply a move of throwing a bone to the San Andreas/CJ kids, and it was more than enough. In fact, I also can't help but feel if Franklin wasn't added, we may have had a more in depth narrative between Michael and Trevor; but hey-ho, I'm not too bothered about that, and I actually liked Franklin more than I initially thought I would.

We already had a GTA game dedicated to all of that gangbanger crap. Move on.

Didn't take too long to see this from Lucchese in a thread like this. I really don't remember this thread being about having a preference or dislike for gangbangin' in GTA or Franklin. This thread was about why the Mafia played a very small part in GTA V, but yet Lucchese uses it as another opportunity to express his extreme dislike and displeasure of San Andreas and seeing ghetto culture and black street gangs in GTA. Lol, this guy is so predictable, he just keeps on and on with his same ol' repetitive rants about this stuff, but hey Lucchese it's a forum, knock yourself out.

Lucchese does (for me) make some sense from how they given us Franklin and three or four Gang related missions in SP. BUT, have cut the black gangs, Bikers, Cartel and other crime groups out of the game for wars, shootouts, drug dealing stranger tasks that could been used besides Trevor and the hanger to fly and drop your drugs/guns and drive to pick them up. I also agree with Lucchese that the game tried focus more about banks and move from it's original series main storyline's of Mafia, Gangs and Cartels. It's just the fact they put these elements in the storyline or side missions to not do anything in your free time or after the SP storyline is complete just makes me think...why did they use Franklin to go do the gangbanging stuff when he pulled the first heist with Michael. When Trevor killed the bikers leader he is hated by the bikers and they turn into red dots looking to kill you but Franklin never becomes a Ballerz enemy? Lamar takes that storyline for whatever reason and if stretch was in jail when LD and FC snatched that Ballerz OG and he said he knew it was LD with/without the "flag" on that would mean he knew the only other person who close with LD is FC. FC and LD argue in the van alongside the Ballerz OG who would been able to put voice or just simply know it was FC but still no Ballerz beef at anytime in the game outside the story missions..

Not that you can shoot back at the people shooting you because cops come or cops called on you as 18 bikers fire bullets but three shots from you a ped calls cops on you or cops automatically come for you... Which is the most lame part with this game alongside no moving steering wheels...

Official General

Errm.....there is big difference between ghettos in cities of the USA to slums in cities of the Philippines. Not quite the same thing mate, and certainly not the same experience. I'm gonna safely assume that living in an extreme poverty-stricken slum with almost no basic modern amenities in the Philippines is definitely not something to glorify or boast about, even much more so than a set of socially-deprived housing project blocks in an American ghetto.

@ Ss4gogeta0

The hell is a chav?

A chav is a British slang word for teens and young adults generally of a white British background, and who come from the lower end of social ladder that :

* Normally live in low-income residential areas.

* Are prone to committing petty street crimes and occasional, very minor acts of violence.

* Engage in mild socially deviant and rebellious behavior like heavy drinking, smoking, vandalism etc.

* They seek to express a fake or overblown image of fear and notoriety.

* They like to hang around and move in large groups to give themselves the appearance of an intimidating street gang.

The reality is, for most part, they amount to nothing more than a bunch of young people that think they are hard and tough, and they just happen to be quite a bit of nuisance and annoyance to local communities and society in general, they are nowhere near anything like a proper street gang. They are not known for large-scale drug dealing, engaging in turf wars, shootings, always being strapped with a gun, NONE of that. Generally there is no reason to fear or have any serious concerns about them. On top of that, most non-British people won't have an idea of who these people are. Lucheese is using them a very poor example to defend his actions and views, hence why I dismissed it in my earlier comment direct at him.

I get it, the godfather was a good movie. Does everything even partially crime related have to have their fingerprints all over it?

Lool funny sh*t :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ss4gogeta0

Edited by Official General

Fuzzknuckles

The hell is a chav?

A chav is a British slang word for teens and young adults generally of a white British background, and who come from the lower end of social ladder that :

* Normally live in low-income residential areas

* Are prone to committing petty street crimes and occasional, very minor acts of violence.

* Engage in mild socially deviant and rebellious behavior like heavy drinking, smoking, vandalism etc.

* They like to hang around and move in large groups to give themselves the appearance of an intimidating street gang.

The reality is, for most part, they amount to nothing more than a bunch of young people that think they are hard and tough, and they just happen to be quite a bit of nuisance and annoyance to local communities and society in general, they are nowhere near anything like a proper street gang. They are not known for large-scale drug dealing, engaging in turf wars, shootings, always being strapped with a gun, NONE of that. Generally there is no reason to fear or have any serious concerns about them. On top of that, most non-British people won't have an idea of who these people are. Lucheese is using them a very poor example to defend his actions and views, hence why I dismissed it in my earlier comment direct at him.

Chavs:

chavs.jpg

Cheap tracksuits, expensive trainers, thick as pig sh*t. Scum of the nation.

PhillBellic

Chavs:

chavs.jpg

And Burberry clothing and accessories.

Cheers.

Ss4gogeta0

The hell is a chav?

* Normally live in low-income residential areas

Chavs:

chavs.jpg

Yea... Chavs are nothing in comparison to what we have in Cali...

Lock n' Stock

The hell is a chav?

Yeah, pretty much chavs are the UK equvilent of "wiggers". In some areas though, you'll find a group that is more violent than usual. Glasgow for example, while it does not have gun violence per se, it does have the have a youth gang problem with stabbings and brawls from time to time. They don't even call them "chavs" over there though, they call them "neds".

Edited by xXGst0395Xx

LonerStoner97

NO, ever since his trailer i liked him, franklin<trevor<Michael

Fuzzknuckles

Yup. Possibly because we try to control gun ownership.

Ss4gogeta0

Yup. Possibly because we try to control gun ownership.

so does california... doesnt stop people from getting weapons tho... Plus it aint just teenagers tho... like them chavs... This is generational stuff... been like this since late 1950s

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Racecarlock

Thanks, but seriously. GTA III. Mafia. GTA VC. Mafia. GTA San Andreas, the so called kiddy gangster bullsh*t game. Mafia. GTA IV. Mafia.

This game series has more mafia in it than the COD series has russians, and that's hard to do.

f*cking rentboys!

Official General

Thanks, but seriously. GTA III. Mafia. GTA VC. Mafia. GTA San Andreas, the so called kiddy gangster bullsh*t game. Mafia. GTA IV. Mafia.

This game series has more mafia in it than the COD series has russians, and that's hard to do.

Anyway, there is no real case to be made for the Mafia to play any kind of significant role, or to be included in GTA V. The Mafia's presence and influence in LA is negligible, this has been stated numerous times. LA's criminal underworld is centered around street gangs and drug cartels. Some people just don't like to accept this fact.

Edited by Official General

Racecarlock

I don't know, trevor is kind of a cartel. Or at the very least his very boring plane side activity is selling stuff to cartels. It's in the same way weed is a hardcore and nasty drug, but still.