Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,897 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Del boy

Lazlow Discussion

Del boy

I remember during gta 3 Lazlow was the man, he always mocked the crazy nut jobs of liberty city, than he continued to be great during the other 3d era games, but than things went to the fan during gta 5 he became less sane and arrogant to becoming a depraved, pathetic shell. I used to adore him now I just face palm whenever he appears

The7thOne

Simple. It's the writing.

Heck, I thought he was better in 4 than 5. Since I haven't played GTA 3, I can't say anything about that, but still.

Nuke.

I remember good ol Lazlow in III, was one of my fave characters, even though he was just a radio host. I agree, his character (like many others) were ruined in V. The talk show he co hosts isn't funny, and his storyline appearances weren't funny nor needed. I do like his TV show though.

oCrapaCreeper

His breakdown during Chattersphere pretty much explains most of it. People got sick of him, went through extreme lengths to regain his ratings, then f*cked everything up.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

DJ Insanity

I think they are writing Lazlow out, because he wants to do other things than the GTA series. He not only does voice work, but he actually is one of main music producers for the game.

Dope_0110

I think they are writing Lazlow out, because he wants to do other things than the GTA series. He not only does voice work, but he actually is one of main music producers for the game.

They're not writing him out on purpose. He is the one who writes his own lines in the games, so the quality depends mostly on him (of course, I'm sure other writers do make suggestions etc). The point is, if he wanted to leave the franchise, he could just do so by not saying ''Yes'' to their next check. And if Rockstar wanted to get rid of him, they wouldn't offer him the next check.

So, the reasons for lower quality should be searched for elsewhere. He's made parodies of different topics, trough different periods and at one point, you simply can't make as good material as you could before, due to the topics being exhausted. So he needs to either skip a game or two, and then make a comeback, or needs to have someone with a fresh perspective write his text.

Johan

It's just R*'s humor downgrading, they should stick to serious story writing like RDR, GTA IV and so on.

All this wackiness crap is just making the game feel like it's pleasing 12 year olds.

Novatic

It's just R*'s humor downgrading, they should stick to serious story writing like RDR, GTA IV and so on.

All this wackiness crap is just making the game feel like it's pleasing 12 year olds.

GTA isn't the place for serious, dramatic stories. Theres plenty of that elsewhere.

GTA is about satire. While you may see slapstick, trolololo humor, I actually see R* making statements about our society. Sure, sometimes they take it far (Trevor is just batsh##), but still it has that R* finesse to it.

THE_TREVALEV

Lazlow was best in SA. When the guy called about him raping his grandma or some sh*t?

OUTFIT

Gta III radio >

killahmatic

Since I haven't played GTA 3, I can't say anything about that, but still.

You should play III. Lazlow was a defining part of the radio in III. Best station by far. Very memorable.

universetwisters

GTA 3 Lazlow was the sh*t back in the day, but now? I dunno. I remember making a post about him that could very well apply here

Take Chatterbox in GTA 3 for example and how Lazlow was paired with all these nonsensical nut jobs such as the guy trying to organize a rally he doesn't know what for and Reed Tucker, the wannabe ninja that seems like something straight out of "Real Ultimate Power" or "Ghosts/Aliens". Now flash forward to GTA 5. What's the joke? Lazlow being a washed up celebrity still looking for attention. It was worth a chuckle or two in GTA 4, but not so much in GTA 5, where most of the jokes were either built on from the ones from IV or supposed to be "social commentary".

Capricornus

I agree with the OP. I hate to say it but he's pretty forgettable in this game. I honestly damn near forgot he was in the game as I haven't heard his voice since I completed the SP Story back in November.

œaœa

Lazlow sucked in this game. At least he was a likable loser in IV. Now he's just a washed up loser.

AhmadJ

he was and always is a f*cking loser

universetwisters

In III? Naaaa.

Lock n' Stock

GTA 3 Lazlow was the sh*t back in the day, but now? I dunno. I remember making a post about him that could very well apply here

Take Chatterbox in GTA 3 for example and how Lazlow was paired with all these nonsensical nut jobs such as the guy trying to organize a rally he doesn't know what for and Reed Tucker, the wannabe ninja that seems like something straight out of "Real Ultimate Power" or "Ghosts/Aliens". Now flash forward to GTA 5. What's the joke? Lazlow being a washed up celebrity still looking for attention. It was worth a chuckle or two in GTA 4, but not so much in GTA 5, where most of the jokes were either built on from the ones from IV or supposed to be "social commentary".

It's almost as if he himself has become one of those "nutjobs". Hopefully he cleans up his act for the next GTA, the in-game version I mean.

Pavle

Back in the 3D era he was (sometimes) funny.

AhmadJ

In III? Naaaa.

no not III i meant iv and v

Stevilknievel

Have you ever played saints row?

Che Guevara_187

Lazlow was also like this in GTA IV and VCS its done on purpose we're not supposed to like Lazlow hes supposed to be a loser

Edited by burnzy187

universetwisters

Lazlow was also like this in GTA IV and VCS its done on purpose we're not supposed to like Lazlow hes supposed to be a loser

In VCS it was understandable since he was Cousin Ed's butt monkey, but IV?

ddyoung

In GTA IV he tried and failed to come back to the celebrity scene. This continued in V

DaRkL3AD3R

So, the reasons for lower quality should be searched for elsewhere. He's made parodies of different topics, trough different periods and at one point, you simply can't make as good material as you could before, due to the topics being exhausted. So he needs to either skip a game or two, and then make a comeback, or needs to have someone with a fresh perspective write his text.

Bingo.

Even the funniest comedian ever will eventually reach a brick wall where it just gets old. After several GTA games to feature Lazlow and his writing, it was bound to get old at some point. V just happens to be it. There should be no shame or hate in it, it's just the reality of the subject.

Maggot899

Isn't there an underlying theme all throughout V that has to do with people being fake has-beens? Most of the characters are trying to cling to something that was important to them, or trying to become something they aren't when in reality nobody really cares about them or their motives. A lot of the characters in the game are caricatures of fast fading washouts. Also by underlying I mean very obvious?

jimmycakes

Lazlow at his best - nothing like this ever happens in V.

Ash_735

Lazlow in the 3D era was more arrogant, cocky, and a wiseass, only being fumbled when some people saw through that, but Liberty City in GTA3, and in LCS, he was at home because he was allowed to be that arrogant dick and also be the only sane person in a city full of nutjobs.

Lazlow in the HD era is just a washed up has been constantly trying to get famous again, starting in GTA IV where he's also now a sex crazed addict, constantly going on about his step father, how life treats him bad, no one taking him serious, etc, etc, which continued on into GTAV where he gets treated like sh*t on Fame or Shame, constantly side lined on Chattersphere and made a mockery of in the story, gone are the days of the 3D era where he was arrogant, sarcastic, etc, we now have this HD era Lazlow who's a wimp afraid of losing success and will do anything to keep it.

darkwar854

Couzin ED FTW!

johnny_zoo

Lazlow primed in III.

Sounds sad and depressing about his state in V, still I hope GTAV lives up to my expectations.

Acetaminophen

Its a joke, he is becoming more and more washed up.