Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,296 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tommy Spaghetti

Independence FM... Will it make a return?

Tommy Spaghetti

Will we be able to put our own music into the game on a User-Created track type radio station that was in GTA IV PC?

Independence FM 2.0 anyone? ;)

This will be the first song I put in the game. I'll get the FULL GTA V experience when I hear this start playing (as it should have been...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg

Edited by Tommy Spaghetti

theNGclan

Will it return? Yes.

Will it have the same name? Probably (and hopefully!)

TheMuteGuy

Yeah, or another radio with the same concept but different name.

BunnyBoy21

As far as I know all past PC versions had that option. It would be silly not to have it.

oCrapaCreeper

All PC gta's as old as III have had this option. No doubt V will.

Vice City criminal

I hope so.

Rejeckted

Now see these is the way it should be phrased:

After all kindness R* has done by providing " "Excellent" " songs on its radio stations only " "10 or so were bad " " they will surely do these kindness of giving independence fm 3.0 after listening very good reviews about their radio stations from gta fans.

Just put double quotes into Negation and things would be perfect ..... D :r*:

sjaak327

They didn't mention it, which is odd as they did mention the video editor. If they don't add it, they should be bloody ashamed.

I do have a better version of independence FM which I made for IV and providing a scripthook is possible, would probably run without any changes on V. So if they don't add it, I will use that (which I have done for years on IV anyway, as it provides in game display of idtags and streaming media support).

CzlowiekDrzewo

They didn't mention it, which is odd as they did mention the video editor. If they don't add it, they should be bloody ashamed.

Maybe they thought that it's obvious for us :) I'm pretty sure there will be a Independence FM

Johan

Definitely, I'd be shocked if it isn't.

Erpetter

It would be quite odd if it wasn't included. I personally liked the Radio mode where you had ads and a host. It made it feel little bit like a radio channel. Of course that guy is always sarcastic about the music you listen, Rockstar style.

The7thOne

I hope it does return, and I also hope that MP3 player that everyone was talking about is released in current gen. Otherwise, it would only be accessible via a vehicle, which I don't think would be nice considering it would be a PC exclusive. So, basically:

Independence FM will return

MP3 player might be released as current gen exclusive

Yogensia

It would be a nice touch to keep that feature, but to me it makes no difference, I'll likely play the game with my music player running on the background with my own playlists, plus the stations from Vice City and San Andreas and some compilations like 2 Many Dj's and so on. In game i'll consider it my iFruit™ portable player.

Drill Sergeant

Hopefully Rockstar would put a DJ for the station and talks about how crappy your songs are.

ShaolinMaster

I sincerely hope it will make a return. I really enjoyed making my own radio station.

r34ld34l

Hopefully Rockstar would put a DJ for the station and talks about how crappy your songs are.

DJ on station that plays music and then bash them?

Sentrion

It'll be a definite addition. I don't even think we can doubt this one. All GTA Games in 3D era have the ability to add independent tracks be it MP3 or any other User Tracks. I hope the feature will be like San Andreas or GTA IV.

Xerukal

Let's hope that it goes without saying, which is why they didn't mention it in the Newswire post.

Or they just forgot, lol.

Edited by Xerukal

Nick Testbranch

I do have a better version of independence FM which I made for IV and providing a scripthook is possible, would probably run without any changes on V. So if they don't add it, I will use that (which I have done for years on IV anyway, as it provides in game display of idtags and streaming media support).

You have a better version of Independence FM? I'd actually like to try the scripthook out; I just got GTA IV back on my PC soon to get Episodes from LC.

Oh and nobody should be worried, Independence IS going to come back to V. Why they wouldn't would be a mystery.

sjaak327

You have a better version of Independence FM? I'd actually like to try the scripthook out; I just got GTA IV back on my PC soon to get Episodes from LC.

Oh and nobody should be worried, Independence IS going to come back to V. Why they wouldn't would be a mystery.

Yes, I made the mod several years ago. You need to tell the mod where your music is located (can be a folder that points to a location or share where the actual music files are), it supports several audio formats (MP3, wma, wav and a few others) it will read idtags from wma and MP3 files so that artist, album and song information can be displayed in game using a small menu and it supports streaming radio (like shoutcast or mms streams) and it allows for full control like next/previous, pause, fast forward/backward.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=13263

Sorry if this isn't appropriate not trying to push this.

ReconzVenture

The amount of drum and bass I'll be adding to this games radio will be unheard of! LETS GO!!

Nick Testbranch

Yes, I made the mod several years ago. You need to tell the mod where your music is located (can be a folder that points to a location or share where the actual music files are), it supports several audio formats (MP3, wma, wav and a few others) it will read idtags from wma and MP3 files so that artist, album and song information can be displayed in game using a small menu and it supports streaming radio (like shoutcast or mms streams) and it allows for full control like next/previous, pause, fast forward/backward.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=13263

Sorry if this isn't appropriate not trying to push this.

That really sounds awesome! I got my GTA IV reinstalled so I'm gonna give your mod a go.

Edit: Wow I love this so far. It was a bit tricky figuring it out at first because I had trouble getting the songs to work, but I figured it out when I saw the instructions a little further. Thanks for the link.

Edited by Startug

kvic

Let's hope it returns I CAN'T TAKE THAT SO CALLED MUSIC in V.

Xerukal

West Coast Classics says hello, nigga.

I'm white and this radio station made me 100% black every time I listened to it. Very f*cking good.

Edited by Xerukal

RyanBurnsRed

I like some of the music in V, but it gets boring fast.

Having the option to listen to my own music like Deathcore while on a high speed police chase down the highway as Trevor is going to be an experience to truly remember

kvic

I like some of the music in V, but it gets boring fast.

Having the option to listen to my own music like Deathcore while on a high speed police chase down the highway as Trevor is going to be an experience to truly remember

Oh yeah a few tunes are ok but man like you said it gets stale real quick.

Xerukal

Yeah, V's stations are pretty repetitive. Or they just feel more repetitive than past games.

I should listen to more Nonstop Pop FM as Trevor. Haven't met a person on any of my rampages that isn't intimidated by Fergie blasting at 100% volume.

Edited by Xerukal

kvic

West Coast Classics says hello, nigga.

I'm white and this radio station made me 100% black every time I listened to it. Very f*cking good.

Are'nt you the lucky one.

Alvarez

I would love multiple custom radio stations, so i could listen to my music AND two or more old GTA radiostations.

A.O.D.88

If this feature was in 4 which was a lackluster port, then I think it's safe to assume it will be in 5 as it is generally known that Rockstar did 5 PC right this time!

Gonna be awesome guys!!