3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

theNGclan

[V] Steam (Part 1)

Preorder month  

952 members have voted

1. 1. When will the preorder option on steam be available for GTA V PC?

gamerzworld

It'll probably be like Max Payne 3. Steamworks support if you purchase it from Steam, Rockstar Social Club if you purchase it anywhere else -- that way you're not locked into Steam unless you want to.

Silent

Steam Workshop? You can dream*.

* Though I'd love it too.

Edited by Silent

Coolstream

Well, it's not Ubisoft or EA so Uplay and Origin is (Thankfully) out of the question. GFWL is dying (Dead?).

It'll be on Steam without any idiotic DRM

Legomanarthur

I hope it will be on Steam

I f*cking hate GFWL... :sui:

Coolstream

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/19/games-for-windows-live-shutting-down-in-2014

Unfortunately, that means GTA IV will lose all multiplayer features, including purchased DLC. (Local multiplayer might still be possible with some extra tweaks, and then again Hamachi would sort the rest)

Edited by Coolstream

theNGclan

Hnnnggg, Rockstar better add a pre-ordering service for the game on Steam. I don't want a physical copy of the game.

lazloisdavrock

if you're worried about gfwl you have either been living under a rock or never played Max Payne 3 on PC

Mega

if you're worried about gfwl you have either been living under a rock or never played Max Payne 3 on PC

The whole internet seems to have only played GTA IV, really, they're afraid of V being a bad port even after Max Payne 3 PC.

Also there's a chance that Microsoft will try to make a new GFWL, so he has the right to be worried.

Edited by Mega.

Coolstream

The whole internet seems to have only played GTA IV, really, they're afraid of V being a bad port even after Max Payne 3 PC.

Only played the campaign on PS3, weren't too interested in Max Payne

gamerzworld

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/19/games-for-windows-live-shutting-down-in-2014

Unfortunately, that means GTA IV will lose all multiplayer features, including purchased DLC. (Local multiplayer might still be possible with some extra tweaks, and then again Hamachi would sort the rest)

G4WL will be shutting down, just not on July 1st as the shutdown date seems to have been pushed back. Microsoft has to give 30 days notice that the service is shutting down and they still haven't officially done that yet.

VIPΣR

That Microsoft coming up with a new GFWL thing is scaring me.

Coolstream

G4WL will be shutting down, just not on July 1st as the shutdown date seems to have been pushed back. Microsoft has to give 30 days notice that the service is shutting down and they still haven't officially done that yet.

Huh, well, the important thing is that no games will ever run GFWL again.

gamerzworld

That Microsoft coming up with a new GFWL thing is scaring me.

Technically they already have a G4WL replacement -- Xbox Live for Windows 8 Metro games.

orcdog
I dont think V is Steamworks game :/ In trailer there is no Steam logo only PC. Dont want some 3rd party crap DRM.

V from Rockstar store is 59.99$(not available in my region)? :v: I really hope its just physical copy and digital is cheaper.

Lets wait and see Steam pre ordering.

At the moment in Steam Midweek Madness is Rockstar games(except V).

Edited by orcdog

Xerukal

Doesn't need to be Steamworks. Just put it on Steam. That's where I get all my games.

Edited by Xerukal

qfs

Physical copies for PC games is so 2004. Oh glorious steam!

gamerzworld

I dont think V is Steamworks game :/ In trailer there is no Steam logo only PC.

Max Payne 3 didn't either.

PinheiroHazard

I hope to make a pre-order on steam. I can't wait for Pre-Order. :lol:

First of all that picture is fake.

waurHuW.jpg

Edited by PinheiroHazard

qfs

I guess that, unless they make dedicated and community servers for gta v pc, there isn't gonna be workshop mods content to the game, there's no room for it on official r* servers.

theNGclan

Doesn't need to be Steamworks. Just put it on Steam. That's where I get all my games.

Steamworks means it's on Steam. You're thinking of the Steampipe system Valve created for their Source based games. It'll be released (or re-re-released on Steam) at some point. The question is when.

Edited by theNGclan

r34ld34l

Steamworks means it's on Steam. You're thinking of the Steampipe system Valve created for their Source based games.

Not really, as far I know retail versions of R* titles doesn't work on Steam, thus not a steamwork title, yet you can play it on Steam if you buy on Steam and play against retail users.

Edit: Well actually yes Steamworks means it is on Steam, but if you buy Retail version, cd-key won't work on Steam, unless they finally change that?

Edited by r34ld34l

Xerukal

Steamworks means it's on Steam. You're thinking of the Steampipe system Valve created for their Source based games. It'll be released (or re-re-released on Steam) at some point. The question is when.

Well, no.

Steamworks means Steam integration for various elements. Like achievements and cloud storage. Rockstar will not do this, because they have their own Social Club cloud storage and achievements/leaderboards and the like.

Not allowing us to pre-order on Steam seems odd to me.

Edited by Xerukal

theNGclan

Steamworks means it's on Steam. You're thinking of the Steampipe system Valve created for their Source based games.

Not really, as far I know retail versions of R* titles doesn't work on Steam, thus not a steamwork title, yet you can play it on Steam if you buy on Steam and play against retail users.

http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/

Steamworks perks were used for MP3, at least for the achievements. So if V follows the same formula, it'd technically be Steamworks friendly as long as it was purchased on Steam.

sjaak327

There was a statement a few days ago that GFWL will NOT stop.

Xerukal

So that'd make it partially Steamworks friendly? But not Steamworks mandatory? Like Team Fortress and Left 4 Dead.

theNGclan

Mind sharing? I play IV's MP a LOT so I need to know this.

@Xerukal, it'd be using basic features from Valve's Steamworks services. Nothing too reliant, infarct it could be ran without Steam after you purchase it. Steamworks is just an added bonus (if you could call it that).

Edited by theNGclan

gamerzworld

Mind sharing? I play IV's MP a LOT so I need to know this.

@Xerukal, it'd be using basic features from Valve's Steamworks services. Nothing too reliant, infarct it could be ran without Steam after you purchase it. Steamworks is just an added bonus (if you could call it that).

There was a tweet from a Halo community manager when asked about Halo 2 PC.

https://twitter.com/Brav/status/474374422262845440

Hey! Update: We are continuing to support the Games for Windows Live service. We look forward to sharing more in the future.

Standard PR speak really. Microsoft essentially said the same thing back when they first accidentally announced the shutdown. "continuing to support" could just mean keeping the servers on until they want to shut it down. I highly doubt all the developers who have went back and removed G4WL from their old titles all around the same time did it for no reason.

Edited by gamerzworld

Johan

Pre-order? Probably not since I wanna get other games out of the way like The Witcher 3 pre-ordered, or buying GTA V on PS4 first.

Spider-Vice

Don't worry about it being GFWL or whatever, it will be RGSC like Max Payne 3, and it's a pretty solid platform Rockstar has made there.