Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,935 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Asgaro

Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V?

Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V?  

606 members have voted

1. 1. Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V?

• No, I have GTA V on my PS3/X360
    • Somewhat, I don't own GTA V but have played it at a friend's house or other events
    • Yes, I have a PS3/X360 but waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else
    • Yes, I only have a PC so waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else
    • Yes, and will go the extra mile: will wait until few months after release before buying it, to play it with decent quality mods from the very beginning

Asgaro

What the title says!

I tried to order the options so the order is from LEAST "patience for waiting out", to MOST "patience for waiting out".

Edit:

The option "Yes, I have a PS3/X360 but waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else"

should have been put below "Yes, I only have a PC so waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else"
since it shows you actually have more patience than the other option when you have a PS3/X360 but never bought the game for it.

I'm personally going with the latest option: I'll wait a few months after release before buying it. Normally I wait around 1 year for every game I want, but for GTA V I'll make an exception and wait around 3-6 months.

Make no mistake: I'm as big a GTA fan as all of you (ok, maybe a bit less than the more hardcore ones here but still) but I have for years been following the habit of waiting out.

Advantages of waiting out:

- A less expensive price. I normally buy games about 1 year after release anyway: then they've dropped to around €9.99 and you save a lot of money over time.

I have never had a moment that I had completed all my games: games drop so fast to a low price point on PC, it's not hard to follow this rule.

- Major bugs/glitches have been fixed by that time. You know your game is polished and early buyers actually beta tested it for you. It gives a satisfactory feeling to know your version is as polished as can be.

- Major performance issues have been fixed. And if not: workarounds or tweaks will have been found that you can immediately apply.

Example: Dead Island: you couldn't turn off bloom in the settings, but over time a configuration tool was developed with all sorts of options. Disabling bloom being one of them.

I want these tools from the get-go.

- MODS, MODS, MODS. Always fun to play with mods from the get-go. We won't have big scale mods yet in that window of a few months of course, but at least we will have something like iCEnhancer's first version I assume.

Yes, I'm well aware I'm an exception to the rule. But they say: good things come to those who wait. :)

Edited by Asgaro

Xerukal

No, sadly.

I gave in quite early and played through the game once on my 360 back in November. That experience was not anywhere near satisfactory, however. The story and surprises are spoiled for me. But I think the new visuals and details, coupled with the fact that i'm actually playing it on my own platform of choice, will make the experience just as fresh as it would've been if it had been my first time.

I have to admit that i like having the advantage of knowing how missions will play out, so I can go for Gold medals on my first playthrough on PC. That should be fun.

I envy those who were patient enough, though. I really do. They'll get to experience GTA V in such a unique way. Oh well.

I'm going to vote for the third option because I like pretending my 360 playthrough never existed.

Edited by Xerukal

Vercetti42

Yeah. I feel bad for those who bought a console just to play the game now. Waste of money tbh.

lh1

Nope. Never, just watched the leaked gameplay videos of the game then I left. Didn't care and was clearing my backlog.

WildBrick142

I played it already on X360. Will definitely buy V for PC though once I'll get a good enough PC.

I'm joining the master race

Coolstream

I wish it could be my first experience. However, it'll be an amazing transition once I get my hands on the PC version.

Zeb89

I'm 25. Consoles are just not an option in my opinion. I consider them small overpriced toy PC's created to keep kids quiet.

Poor games, bad control system (no mouse for FPS), most stuff overpriced, monthly fees for multiplayer (for xbox)... etc

Also, I will not buy a compressed dumbed down game just becazuse I'd get it 10 months early. Sorry, I'm not a hypefag.

I can wait. I am proud not to be part of the reason for the game being prioritized for consoles.

longboardskier

I have a PS3, but have waited for the PC version. I've played a few games on my PS3, but I really only bought it because (at the time) it was the best priced Blu-ray/Netflix player (got it used). I think the only reason I was able to wait was the fact that I had so many other games backlogged to keep me busy. I'm excited that my first play will be on PC!

Edited by longboardskier

Li0N

Yes, I only have a PC so waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else.

:)

Trevor's Mother

I have played and finished V on my ps3.

MarshallRawR

I didn't play it at all, and I actually can't wait to have fun with it.

_MK_

Never played it, just watched a couple of YT videos (well much more than a couple).

"Why did i move here ? guess it was the graphics"

TORO Y MOI

I did have it on 360 until it was impossible to play because of how ugly it looked. Sold it all, my body is ready for PC

jannka

sold my ps3 and gta v last week, glad i did it.

ps3/x360 copy value will probably go down.

Sentrion

No, I have GTA V on my PS3/X360. But, it'll be a different experience to play it on an evolving Platform.

Tikhung

I have GTA V on Xbox 360, and already beat in 9 times.

Johan

Nope, already own the PS3 version.. and probably by the time I get the PC version I would have added the PS4 version to my collection as well. (Probably will get the PC version sometime a month after release, getting PS4 version first)

Phillyboy

No, sadly.

I gave in quite early and played through the game once on my 360 back in November. That experience was not anywhere near satisfactory, however. The story and surprises are spoiled for me. But I think the new visuals and details, coupled with the fact that i'm actually playing it on my own platform of choice, will make the experience just as fresh as it would've been if it had been my first time.

I have to admit that i like having the advantage of knowing how missions will play out, so I can go for Gold medals on my first playthrough on PC. That should be fun.

I envy those who were patient enough, though. I really do. They'll get to experience GTA V in such a unique way. Oh well.

I'm going to vote for the third option because I like pretending my 360 playthrough never existed.

Multiplayer can be like a new football game t-shirt, everyone has to have the same one as the other one is thrown away. Multiplayer, if there's no-one on the game anymore like GTA4 then that's it you've got no-one to play with and you have to get whatever everyone else has got.

Luckily This GTA5 looks absolutely amazing for the PC and with the fact that they will be doing other cities then hopefully we won't have to change games again. Infact i always expect to buy a new game every 4 years. Rockstar are usually really good at only publishing when there's been a giant leap in technology rather than just churning things out like a prozzy factory like those haddock games

Osho

No, I have GTA V on my PS3.

I did enjoy the time playing, but not much that I'd feel completely satisfied, partly 'cos I'm PC player, and largely due to the game itself.

But, now since the announcement, I imagine the fresh beginning, leaving the past experiences of console version behind.

seve7

I never played it. I only have a mid-end PC. What can I say, I'm a poor motherf*cker, gotta start saving up money to buy it. But the feels, oh God, the feels when I get my hands on it for the first time. Unimaginable.

ekanibal

Yes it will! I never play games designed for mouseplay on a console.. waste of time and pleasure.

Shorty_F

Only got a PC (despite I have enough money to buy a 2nd hand PS3, but no no no, again no, and no again !) and always refrain myself from watching vids on YouTube in order not to get the story spoiled.

Only saw the trailers (again and again and again ^^ ) and some MP fun vids... So I guess I am fully virgin about GTA V, and History (right until this morning when the PC version got announced on newswire) makes me think I was right ! :)

Now, can't wait to get my hand on it !! :)

Edited by Shorty_F

..GhosT

Nah.

Disliked it on the PS3, but i will probably enjoy it on PC due to non-crap graphics and mods.

_FRANKENSTEIN_

Wow, when I read the last option, I was like "are you guys even normal?"

torresno9

I'm a PC gamer only, so yes it will be first dive into GTA V

1987_EC

i got only a PC so yes this will be my very first time i play this game.

Edited by 1987_EC

Kirsty

I have it on both old-gen platforms.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that haven't played it yet because of PC, but not surprised at the same time as I know it's been demanded for so long now and people have chosen to wait. Kudos to them.

All I can say is how jealous we are because you get to experience the story again first hand, experiences that are only memories to us now from September :)

Twilight Sky

No. It'll be my second dive.

Third if you count how many times I've started a new game.

Murray Bunyan

I have played the game before at my friend's. Just to see how it was. So, no, this won't be my by first dive in to GTA V. Will it be a whole new experience? Absolutely.

GTA3Rockstar

Nope but definitely getting it on the XBone. :^: