1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTAV Graphics - Old Gen vs New Gen

eastriver

Evan-KCR

Is not unreasonable to expect more content.

I remember an interview of Dan Houser, were he kinda talk about their plans and the interviewer ask him about the next gta possibly being set in VC and Dan told him that the charm of VC was because was set in the 80's, and the interviewer ask him again about the possibility of new cities in GTA V and Dan said that everything is possible, and their main focus with GTA Online was to create different cities so the player could fly into one and other.

This is fan made, but is so exciting to think that it could be a possibility, they could easily charge up to 60$ for each expansion and I wouldn't mind.

10700437_10152631503327347_6598690741117

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect a new map for the new gen versions.

I find it pretty ignorant to rebuy a game for 60 bucks just because R* added some extra grass and hammerhead sharks; along with slightly improved graphics.

Nobody is forcing you to. New gen and PC will get more and better stuff than last gen, while you are stuck with a ''beta'' version look alike game.

Is not unreasonable to expect more content.

I remember an interview of Dan Houser, were he kinda talk about their plans and the interviewer ask him about the next gta possibly being set in VC and Dan told him that the charm of VC was because was set in the 80's, and the interviewer ask him again about the possibility of new cities in GTA V and Dan said that everything is possible, and their main focus with GTA Online was to create different cities so the player could fly into one and other.

This is fan made, but is so exciting to think that it could be a possibility, they could easily charge up to 60$ for each expansion and I wouldn't mind.

10700437_10152631503327347_6598690741117

That was never claimed. Sure about VC in GTA 6, The Benz said it would be possibility always. He never claimed that there would be more cities in GTA Online, NEVER. He said, it would be cool to have all previous cities on one open world map in GTA 6. They are focusing on GTA 5 and Online now!

• Like 2
RominOctane

Has anyone else noticed the depth of field in this screenshot being very close to the player?

gtav_details09122014_005.jpg

You can actually see the blurry line that marks where it starts.

yellow-car-in-the-yellow-sunshine1111_zp

I dont beleive their will be DOF in the game. Remember the pre release shot for LG also had DOF but it turned out to be bullshots Edited by RominOctane
RememberToTaper

I can't wait for a new trailer. I hope Rockstar gives us one more, and it shows even more next-gen graphical changes, new animals and even DLC that haven't been shown or announced yet. Show this trailer in late October or early November and pre-orders will be through the roof!

Edited by RememberToTaper
  • Like 4

That Next-Gen screenshot of the Carbonizarre reminds me of Forza Horizon 2 in terms of the graphics and the shinning body and details on the car :happy:

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Like 1
S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

hope they re-do the models of some cars

a few like the Obey 8F and the Benefactor Surano have really bad models IMO the shell feels like a paper mache

where as the Turismo R or Vacca or Carbonizarre are very well done

(and I don't mean customization... obviously more LSC content would be nice.. but I mean more graphical quality, not content, i feel some of the cars are very low texture or just poorly done in general... some are copy/paste from GTA IV others are just low quality in general)

I for one, like reading the post made by KingGTAV... People on these forums should really leave the guy alone. He makes others post boring in comparison.

Back on topic: I'm really more interested in the weather improvements and damage... I hope these two things get the spotlight in a trailer. Maybe have a documentary style trailer for "Next Gen" improvements in the style of the "GTA:Online" trailer and Red Dead trailers.

Hello. :) It was my intention to respond to this very nice sentiment promptly; however, I had an inclination to make a venture back over to the 'Release Date for PC, Xbox One, and PS4' and 'Gta V First Person in foot and in car CONFIRMED !' threads as I am very eagerly awaiting Rockstar's rendered verdict for the affirmation of which I am sure you have recollection of. :) High resolution vehicle interior renderings and the beneficial amenities of tachometer and speedometer utilization, as well as the facilitation of authentic indicator, which was the absolute highlight for me during the E3 unveil of New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V.

Steering away from that, thank you very much for asserting your respect. I appreciate it on a very high level. It is a pleasure to for me to make these contributions, as I am just trying to chip away at the time until November beckons.

This is what I conjured up in foreshadowing the scope of the next New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V trailer. This is an excerpt of a post that was carried over from another thread. You are welcome to peruse it at your discretion. :)

Rockstar should should make the trailer front-loaded with the oversight of the enthusiastic female announcer, with a glimpse of a little bit of everything.

1. The cockpit view or better yet a straight-on perspective of the dashboard and the possibility of the dashboard lights gleaming on the startup sequence, followed by a needle-sweep test, succeeded by an authentic engine startup sound and a door chime sound.

2. A thunderous police pursuit, with the accompaniment of helicopters flying at a low altitude, valiantly trying to clip Michael / Franklin or Trevor or something similar to that adrenaline-pumping predicament.

3. Thick, riveting explosions with New-Gen fizzling embers, and impermeable black sheaths of billowing smoke.

4. A quick showing of weapon physics and emphasis on recoil, hammer retract, shellcasing ejection, magazine reloading animation, possible wielding of a firearm with one hand.

5. Blood and gore scenes, to see if the blood is more thick and enriched with a darker, red tinge, if it splatters and if droplets seep down and stain clothes / other objects.

6. Showcasing of the possibly improved character selection screen and the extent to which the transition to character switch has changed.

7. Cutscenes of some missions to see how the dynamics and such appear on New-Gen. :)

8. Beautiful panoramic views of Los Santos / Blaine County (sunset, tessellated waters, et cetra).

9. Trailer duration: circa three minutes.

Edited by KingGTAV
  • Like 3

I dont beleive their will be DOF in the game. Remember the pre release shot for LG also had DOF but it turned out to be bullshots

They had it off on lg for performance reasons, the new version will definitely have it...personally don't like how they increased the amount of it in the new trailer makes the game look cheap... would be nice if it is used just for far distance views to add that cinematic look like the one we had in the E3 trailer but even that needs a bit of lowering.

BlackScout

I dont beleive their will be DOF in the game. Remember the pre release shot for LG also had DOF but it turned out to be bullshots

They had it off on lg for performance reasons, the new version will definitely have it...personally don't like how they increased the amount of it in the new trailer makes the game look cheap... would be nice if it is used just for far distance views to add that cinematic look like the one we had in the E3 trailer but even that needs a bit of lowering.

I think this filter will be soft, normally the trailers have an excess just for promotional purposes...

The yellow car screenshot is a proof, if you look through the car windows, there's no DOF o_O

b2e39b78c8.png

• Like 2

I hope so man,cuz even at the clown part you can see it at the far end its like a wall of blurness so ugly you could see the line of it just like in the that yellow car screen and it looks just like the DOF from Enb that is used in IV (ugly as f*ck) that's why i said it makes the game look cheap cuz its the same as IV here's screenshot from IV showing the same thing as you pointed out all windows have no DOF:

ice2014_9_30_6_51_23_by_mkiiix-d80zu41.j

:sui:

Edited by MKIIIX
  • Like 1

Wow, I honestly feel sorry for the amount of people that believe the DOF is there for something other than trailers/screenshots. @MKIIIX, the DOF through windows is something that is very hard to achieve, if and when ENB comes to GTAV it will be exactly the same..

Edited by sibs44
  • 1 month later...

Dat feeling of first trailer is there, I love it :inlove::

oCbltIY.jpg

DyIM4ow.jpg

So it looks like we have the same number of trees but they are just more bushy if you get me. And A LOT more ground foliage

Dat feeling of first trailer is there, I love it :inlove::

oCbltIY.jpg

DyIM4ow.jpg

So it looks like we have the same number of trees but they are just more bushy if you get me. And A LOT more ground foliage

The upped density makes all the difference imo.

Yeah, sure. I was doing gifs before, but I'm too lazy today :p

Unfortunately servers are down for me, so no more comparisons for now.

Looks like dynamic dof is in. Its clearly visible in the trailer when Franklin is in Grove Street. I like it actually so its a plus for me.

backfromthestorm

The wheelie bins in grove street have moved, in that ps4 shot, compared to the trailer. They're on the grass when Franklin is having that fire fight.

Maybe they get put out on certain days lol

theworldfamous

I don't like that blue mist in the background in most shots.

WTF

It's smog. You can't do LA without the smog.

lefantome

I don't like that blue mist in the background in most shots.

WTF

It's smog. You can't do LA without the smog.

it's also here :(

DyIM4ow.jpg

One more, not the same weather but look at how great and different the vegetation is now, really nice new models and colors. This place has a different feel in New Gen, I don't know if that weather is one of the new effects.

noj1vc.gif

The only thing that pisses me off is how they're not adding a single tree back thanks to GTA Online's jobs, races 'n sh*t. :/

• Like 11