3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Xerukal

What does the Simple Native Trainer offer? (just curious)

Lots of convenient options like vehicle spawning, teleports, ped spawns, object spawns. That type of stuff. As well as the usual trainer stuff like Infinite Health/Ammo/Stamina (not getting tired, in IV's case).

There's also player model swaps. Like switching to an NPC model. Under this category is also the option to customize each clothing piece for the protagonist, as well as the ability to save outfits. Something V lacks, surprisingly.

Twilight Sky

Ooooo totally want the model swapping.

Delta India Echo

Remove the ability of a player character being punched in the face after you follow another protagonist outside of the mission, when I was playing as Franklin and approach Michael to hang out with him, Michael was pissed and started punching me and got wasted!!

Well, what the f*ck is the point of following the other protagonists anyway? There is a hang out feature for a reason. Not to mention the bodyguard mod that is obviously gonna come out eventually.

RoadRunner71

Am I the only one who feels kid of "lazy" to start with all the modding stuff back again?

Don’t get me wrong, modded V might definitely be MIND BLOWING but starting with everything again makes me back out. Having IV to my taste has taken six years, another six years of wait are going to be hard :/

Anyway, once we have a SNT things wil be EPIC!

PhillBellic

Am I the only one who feels kid of "lazy" to start with all the modding stuff back again?

Don’t get me wrong, modded V might definitely be MIND BLOWING but starting with everything again makes me back out. Having IV to my taste has taken six years, another six years of wait are going to be hard :/

Anyway, once we have a SNT things wil be EPIC!

SNT should in theory, be avaliable sooner and have more features upfront. I say this because it is mostly the same game engine and as a result the relevant memory banks should be in similar locations. A trainer basically 'sits' alongside the game, manipulating various memory adresses.

Cheers.

AzelfandQuilava

I really hope that some one put more random events in Free-roam like Drive-bys or robberies in 24/7's.

teninchtoenail

Dont plan on using any mods. Never modded 4. Prefer playing Rockstar content versus something some kid made.

DS 17

The last game I had lots of mods was SA, then I tried IV, but as I lost the interest in that game right after the missions, it was not very useful. Not even the mods could help me to play the game much longer. And hell they did for SA.

I never played V before, but I think I will spend as much time as I did in SA. Very optimistic and I also think there will be much more opportunities than in IV. However, I will only install some of the real mods, like real life cars or fuel script. But not some imho bullsh*t mods like UFOs or whatever.

But I guess, that R* enabled mods again, so it will be tricky in the beginning until one of these genius guys here developed a script or a hack how to change the files. R* never helped the modder scene before and even, like I said, enabled the possibilities in IV which was very disappointing. I mean the modder scene is bringing lots of new stuff to this game for free and that also helps R* without paying any cent. So I wouldnt expect mods too early. Except maybe some vehicle adjustments like damage points etc. which is not really a mod, as you only have to change some numbers.

Delta India Echo

Dont plan on using any mods. Never modded 4. Prefer playing Rockstar content versus something some kid made.

"Something some kid made"

Retard.

TweezingThen

The only reason I am buying this game on PC is to play as a monkey.

r34ld34l

Boom.

AzelfandQuilava

Boom.

Reminds me of the command in TF2 that lets you use your world-person model in firstperson.

teninchtoenail

"Something some kid made"

Retard.

Case in point.

Clxbsport

V has car customizations, right? The last thing I want to see in the modding scene is an Aston Martin Vanquish (Massacro) or at least any other real-life cars with chrome, $ wheels, and stupid selection of colors.

interloper

The first mod that i would like to see is of course the SNT.

After that i would really like to see a "Rich mans life mod", similar to the All In One mod in GTA SA. Maybe call a stretch-driver to come pick you up and drive you where you have your waypoint, or have a pilot to fly your private jet to your waypont and enjoy the great view of san andreas. Also smoke weed on the street would be pretty cool, mods so that you have more things to spend your millions of $ on :lol:

A.O.D.88

In your guys opinion, would GTA 5 be harder or easier to mod than let's say Saints Row 3 and 4? Is Volition a more friendlier developer to the PC modding community than Rockstar?

gajrajgchouhan

I wish if i could ride ufo!!!!

Xerukal

In your guys opinion, would GTA 5 be harder or easier to mod than let's say Saints Row 3 and 4? Is Volition a more friendlier developer to the PC modding community than Rockstar?

Eh, not really.

There's a bunch of really interesting and useful mods for Saints Row 2, 3 and 4. Like Gentlemen of Stillwater/Steelport. But there's nothing really that's too notable or something that overhauls the game in a really unique way.

I'm not exactly sure what Volition's stance on modding is, however.

Edited by Xerukal

The Milkman

Some things I'd like to see:

- enter military base without getting wanted

- spawn wild animals like mountain lions or cougars in the city

- Sharknado

- open interiors in free roam

- The Crew's map converted to V (yeah probably impossible)

- driveable trains

Edited by The Milkman

Sentrion

Some things I'd like to see:

- enter military base without getting wanted

- spawn wild animals like mountain lions or cougars in the city

- Sharknado

- open interiors in free roam

- The Crew's map converted to V (yeah probably impossible)

- driveable trains

Do you mean to spawn animals like vehicles or just spawn them in traffic?

Holderness

If someone converts the San Andreas map to V with new interiors, HD textures and wildlife I will fall in love with them.

a-zAo_-

I'm going to mod more safehouses and cars

Alvarez

I second the Rich Man mod.

I would also add more telephone calls. Call JB so he gets his ass to work.

Also get to play golf at night and the security saying something like "good evening, boss" instead of shooting you to death.

Speaking some lines for telephone calls, like "Uhh, boss, it seems that the Lost are at it again. Mind bringing some heavy ordnance?"

interloper

I'm curious how the modding will work now that you control 3 characters. For example if Iron Man IV "Iron Man V" ever get's released to GTA V, will all the 3 characters be iron man, or will only one of them be him. Will it be harder to mod it to all 3 characters etc. How do you guys think it will work? :beerhat:

Aleph-Zero

I'm curious how the modding will work now that you control 3 characters. For example if Iron Man IV "Iron Man V" ever get's released to GTA V, will all the 3 characters be iron man, or will only one of them be him. Will it be harder to mod it to all 3 characters etc. How do you guys think it will work? :beerhat:

However the modder chooses it to.

AzelfandQuilava

Imagine if someone made a Justice League mod where each character is a different member.

interloper

Imagine if someone made a Justice League mod where each character is a different member.

Woow, that would be awesome, Michael is Iron Man, Franklin is Hulk (Gangsta Version) and Trevor is a hairy Wonder Woman? haha :lol:

Edited by interloper

PhillBellic

Woow, that would be awesome, Michael is Iron Man, Franklin is Hulk (Gangsta Version) and Trevor is a hairy Wonder Woman? haha :lol:

I believe Justice League is a DC property, so there would be no Iron Man or Hulk there. I don't even want to think about Trevor dressed as Wonder Woman!

Cheers.

r34ld34l

I believe Justice League is a DC property, so there would be no Iron Man or Hulk there. I don't even want to think about Trevor dressed as Wonder Woman!

Cheers.

???

DC won't sure anybody to use "their property" as a mod in some game, unless modder sells it, then that is a different story.

gtamodeller

any one know if its posible to replace character heads with custom modeled heads.

just replacing heads should not be that hard... but how to make it work with animations?

i do some modeling in my free time and would like to create some real life characters,

ice cube, deniro, pacino, breaking bad characters... and so on...

thats an example work, but its still in progress...

WIP_zps888a5883.jpg