4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Clxbsport

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone experienced in modding please help me?

I copied the game to desktop so I have all the original game files saved. I was modding in the realism dispatch mod but whilst doing that I accidentally set rpf files to open via notepad. So the icon changed in the directory from the file icon, (looks like a page) to the notepad icon. I think this is preventing me from carrying out certain steps properly in OpenIV. I deleted the game and reinstalled to see if this would revert the icon back to the original but it didn't.

I'm using Windows 10. I tried changing the default application settings in settings>system>default apps>choose default apps by file type, but there was no option for .rpf files. So I tired changing the pathway so that they open via OpenIV but I think they need to just be an original file that opens via file explorer. Please please please can one of you computer legends try and help me with this?

So the directory should look like this,

http://i2.wp.com/ntscorp.ru/pub/i/2015.06/03.png

but it looks like this,

http://imgur.com/a/xJW2R

Edited by CyborgZombieJesus

• 3 weeks later...

I was just telling a friend of mine, why is it that nobody's doing a full on North Yankton mod?

Because the tools are still wonky as of now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've got a question if you don't mind:

In certain interiors (say, Los Santos Customs or Vanilla Unicorn), you can hear music in the background right? Is there anyway to change what music gets played? Listening to Radio LS while in LSC is getting annoying in all honesty. My aim is to play Self FM tracks (if possible), but if there's a way to select which station/songs gets played in interior backgrounds, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

What happened to the SweetFX download that used to be on the ReShade website? It's not there anymore.

I just want to download SweetFX by itself since the only thing I want is SMAA since I'm downscaling 1440p to my 1080p monitor with Nvidia DSR, and use it to clean up the extra jaggies.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a question, how exactly can I make the nights simply darker? I dont want to edit the whole timecyc because I like the default one, but I would love to have nights much more darker where I would have to depend more on the city/vehicle/weapon lights.

By playing with the game brightness is not enough, since I want to keep the day lighting as bright as it is.

Hi there :)

I was wondering where I could find the type of each data used in game config files.

For example, if I want to know what type of data modKit "id" is (INT, SHORTINT, etc...), to know its range, am I able to see this type of information, and where?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, by the way, _CP_, I'm using VisualV (that I love), but mixed it together with ProjectReload Weather files (just cuz I like those weathers :p), and from time to time, I get a black screen (it seems at certain precise hours, but I'm unsure of that)

It would seem this black screen is caused by transition from one weather to another (but I don't know from which one to which one...)

Also, if I set a weather using trainer during this blackscreen, everything gets back to normal.

When creating VisualV weather files, did you run into the same problem?

If so, any idea where I could begin to look in order to fix that behaviour?

Edited by sebkulu

No, I didn't have any of these bugs, did you install Earth's atmosphere addon?

Ooooh sh*t (lol)

So I inspected the files... :p

It seems that the weather.xml file is calling a non-existing weather, that would explain why I'm getting a black screen from time to time, only at certain moments!

I had the same behaviour with the XMAS weather which was called under some weird name :p

I'm gonna change this, and see what happens :)

Edit: Oh, another question: Where are located the settings that control the shadow grass dithering?

'Cuz' it would seem I get this annoying dithering because I'm not using all VisualV files... And I would like to get rid of it :p

Thanks _CP_ ;)

Edit: Whoa, f*ck, actually there was a bunch of files beginning with "<!-", but only "<!-", not "<!--"!!!

So... I guess the XML Parser stopped when encoutering this, preventing the modified files from ProjectReload from being loaded, leading to... using vanilla files :lol:

Now it's a bit better, not only do I not get any blackscreen anymore, but it seems that weathers are now more accurate and as what they should have been from the beginning :pirate:

Hell Yeah :cookie:

Edited by sebkulu

Grass dither texture is placed in a lot of files, look at assembly.xml of grass improvement in VisualV.

I'm just gonna throw it out there, if anyone's gonna make a North Yankton mod that extends it hit me up since I did some buildings for a snow-free north Yankton mod some guy was doing but suddenly fell off the face of the earth.

How difficult would be to import some of the clothing options from Online to Single Player? I know the sizes and shapes gotta fit for each character, but Im pretty sure there are tons of clothes that are fittable for at least one of the three characters.
Take a look at this example:

XAzAOnv.jpg

Theres a sh*tton of clothes items exclusive to Online that would look real nice in the SP trio, Franklin would look very nicely with this outfit for example. it would be sweet if we can at least use a minimium % of those clothes in SP.
Also, is it possible to add clothes and not replace anything?

Edited by gunziness

• 1 month later...

Kinda curious, and googling didn't reveal anything useful for me. Is it possible to add liveries to vehicles that don't already have them, such as the Hakuchou (not the Drag)? If so, how would I go about doing it and getting it to work?

No, vehicle have to be edited to create a template, so it's not so easy.

Unfortunate. :/ Oh well, thanks for the answer. I'll just have to use the Hakuchou drag then, or find a modded bike that looks similar that supports liveries.

I've another question that I haven't been able to find an answer for, if that's alright? Since the Jester racecar already supports liveries, is it possible to add multiple to be able to choose from in-game? Or am I stuck having to switch around files to change the livery on it?

Of you're gonna to edit jester2 liveries then yes.

Of you're gonna to edit jester2 liveries then yes.

Yeah, jester2, the racecar version. I do apologise if i'm being annoying with this, i'm just trying to learn. Unfortunately, google really isn't helping me. Could you tell me how I would go about adding multiple liveries to choose from in game to the jester2, like how you select liveries for say the comet retro? Or is there a resource that tells me how to do this somewhere that you can link me, that i haven't been able to find?

You can't do it like in Comet Retro, add your new liveries to ytd file then use a trainer to switch.

It's possible to add new colors to carcols.ymt?

From the converted xml, I read this

<color value="0xFF080808"/>
<metallicID>EVehicleModelColorMetallic_1</metallicID>
<audioColor>POLICE_SCANNER_COLOUR_black</audioColor>
<audioPrefix>none</audioPrefix>
<audioColorHash value="3850041493"/>
<audioPrefixHash value="0"/>
<colorName> 0 Metallic Black

To add a custom color, I need to change <color value> <colorname> and what else? And the custom color will be available at LS Customs?

It's possible to add new colors to carcols.ymt?

From the converted xml, I read this

<color value="0xFF080808"/>

<metallicID>EVehicleModelColorMetallic_1</metallicID>

<audioColor>POLICE_SCANNER_COLOUR_black</audioColor>

<audioPrefix>none</audioPrefix>

<audioColorHash value="3850041493"/>

<audioPrefixHash value="0"/>

<colorName> 0 Metallic Black

To add a custom color, I need to change <color value> <colorname> and what else? And the custom color will be available at LS Customs?

Yes.

Change;

-color value, for the color.

-metallicID, for the type of metallic effect on it. EVehicleModelColorMetallic_7 is Chrome effect for example.

-audioColor, for what the police scanner says when describing your vehicle.

-colorName, for the name.

And no, it will not be available in LS Customs. It's controlled by scripts I assume. Same thing with add-on window tints and license plates. Probably engine mods too.

Here's an example of two added-on pink chrome colors, colors 161 and 162 respectively.

L3Bz443.png

and I suppose you used Native Trainer to apply the color? I tried adding one but I didn't find it under the vehicle color menu

Yes, I used Native Trainer. It doesn't support add-on colors and window tints in the menu, it only supports add-on plates since the last two updates. I had to use a workaround by saving the vehicle, editing the vehicle's color settings in trainerv.ini and then loading the vehicle again.

Edited by WildBrick142