3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Clxbsport

Is it possible to re-rig multiplayer items to make them compatible for MTF?

I would really like to port my GTAO heads.

Woops, it is. Don't know how I f*cked that up.

I don't think it's any scripts that control that. Maybe there's a script or something that designates these special areas so they can be listed and used in vehiclemodelsets.meta, but other than that I'm sure that it does control special spawns to some degree. Or something else is since even after messing with that the problem still persists.

The only difference between those sections in World of Variety and the default game, is that the default game has the probability set to 1.0 for both POLICE_HELI and AMBULANCE_HELI, instead of 2. And in the default file POLICE_HELI also lists the Buzzard. Like I said though, restoring those two parts to their default values doesn't fix the issue of cars spawning up there, so there has to be some other modified file that the mod uses that causes this, but I can't figure it out. Such an odd issue.

Its probably a typo that messed up the file. It happened to me before when I edited the loadouts.meta and popgroups files. One typo, one misplaced / or a missing </item> will glitch out the whole file. I would check from the top of the file to above those lines to see if there is an error.

Also, the probabilities values are from 0 to 1, they represent percentages basically.

Also, like CP said, you can add customized vehicles to the traffic with this file. Cars like the Penumbra, Schwartzer, Youga, and Lowriders that have a vast ammount of customization are perfect to add to traffic. Lowriders however are not THAT customizable as you might think. For instance, all the exclusive Bennys mods will not be available as they require new extra fields that are not defined in vehiclemodelsets. For example, all mods related to interiors, liveries (the liveries from the new vehicles are somehow modelled into the vehicle, they are not just textures files like the used to be), bennys wheels (unless they created a new type of wheel for vehicles.meta) they are not available aswell. All in all, you can customize lowriders pretty much the same as their stock models (for example the Buccaneer custom is as customizable as the stock one, and so on).

Talking about cars, there are some vehicles that have unused liveries. Examples are the Boxville (with the cones in the front end) has one unused livery thats located in the x64e directory, but since this vehicle was updated later, its modded files are located in the dlc files, and that version doesnt have said texture. The same happens with the Shuttle Bus.

And finally, I wonder why nobody fixed the JB700 by removing those ugly ass weapons (I know theres an old version in GTAVMods, but the colissions are way off). I mean, Its just a beautiful car but those weapons just murdered it for me.

Edited by gunziness

What did you say to me?

yT1SuRVh.png

• Like 2

The weapons from the Lowrider2 dlc wont stay in the inventory if I save and reload the game, is this supposed to be normal? if so, how do I get rid of this issue?

The weapons from the Lowrider2 dlc wont stay in the inventory if I save and reload the game, is this supposed to be normal? if so, how do I get rid of this issue?

Yup, I got that as well.

Hi, so I'm not a frequenter of this section at all. I was wondering, how easy is modding for GTA V compared to GTA IV? And would you describe the mods that were out for IV to be more original, or better than those for V? How about the compatibility of mods for GTA V compared to IV? I'm comparing the two games because they are both on the RAGE Engine, so I assume the modding process is the same for both games.

It's the same engine but it has completely different formats.In GTA IV you used WFT format,while in GTA V it used YFT.

It's the same engine but it has completely different formats.In GTA IV you used WFT format,while in GTA V it used YFT.

I see, so which one is easier to mod for?

Though GTA V seems more popular today, IV is way easier to mod.

Yeah, Rockstar didn't have their head up their ass and kept the same filesystem/routine from the Renderware games. None of the "8439574396796 .rpf files" sh*t V has.

• Like 2

Yeah, Rockstar didn't have their head up their ass and kept the same filesystem/routine from the Renderware games. None of the "8439574396796 .rpf files" sh*t V has.

I see. :) How easy would it be for a beginner to start modding for V?

It depends, what do you want to edit.

Something to get started. :) I have some past experience with Blender to make 3D models and small character rigging experience.

Is there any way to make Uraniom work for the retail/SC version?

Seems like this piece of sh*t was made for the Steam version only, it keeps crashing when I attempt to install my head model.

Edited by GradeA-Hole

Buuut on the flipside, since the game was designed in a modular way in that it accepts DLC, it's way more friendly to have addon content. In IV you had to replace everything for a long time, and even the methods of adding on are glitchy. With V it works right off the bat and you can just tell it's way more solid.

Edited by TheAdmiester
  • Like 3

Guys can you help me out? I opened a new topic, but on the wrong forum.

Forgot to backup. I need the original folder cs_karen_daniels located in update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpheist_cutspeds.rpf

Help a brotha out?

Yeah, okay.

Edited by VickoStojanov

Hello,

I installed a car mod into gta 5 some time ago.

It concerns the Porsche 911 Carrera S Add-on made by Yo06Player.

The car and tuning parts were working fine until yesterday.

I added a add-on pack yesterday from baba0rum2, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Because I didn't touch any of the porsche files.

But now the tuning parts aren't showing in lsc, I only see 3 lines (no armor/brakes/engine/spoilers/bumpers etc.)

I had the same problem with the mercedes S600 but reinstalling it solved that one.

I have over 100 add-ons which are all working fine except the porsche.

Does anybody know a solution?

Please help.

Quick question. is it possible to add SP beards to our GTA Online male models? I've seen it done with Franklin but I'm wondering if it can be done with other char models as well.

Edited by Modojo

hello guys how r u.

i have a problem that i can't spawn a car from enhancer native

anyone know how to fix it

I'm sorry, but our local telepaths took a day off. You need to provide more details. What is the game's version, what mods do you have installed and so on.

my game is gta v on pc and im using enhanced native trainer update 28 when i try to chose a car it showes up and disappers againe

thank you for help

but now i can't spown a car when im driving another one does it seems like a problem or not ?

• 1 month later...
EternalSeekerX

Hey guys,

Are there any mods that upgrade visuals of the whole game?

Any mod pack out there that replaces all vehicles with realistic models?

P.S. Does anyone know what endRadius and initspeed is from explosion.meta? I am trying to get my weapon to blow up multiple tanks and it seems like so far sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is this a radius thing? The damage is there as I changed the explosion damage of the weapon.

How do I convert GTA V Models to GTA VC .dff and .txd format.

Please post bellow anything that you may know about doing this.

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found out how to increase the amount of parked cars on the streets?

I have tried to edit those lowprkd and maxprkd values etc. but nothing worked. :(

If anyone could have a look into this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I am new to modding and PC all around since 'Driver' and DOD:S days back when HP made good computers ;)

So I was wondering how to use the OpenIV stuff. Can I use it for every mod? Can someone point me in the directions for modding scripts or adding ENB stuff?

Is possible to have the weapons of GTA Online in single player without having to continually spawn with trainer ?

guess not. Nothing for SP... rockstar bull shh...

so much potential lost. At least they let us mod at all...

• Like 1