3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Clxbsport

The entire game needs a complete overhaul. Better AI packages, better damage system, better police response, better factions/gangs, more traffic/pedestrians, better collision models. The game literally needs everything done to it in order for it to be decent.

Not everyone has a PC that can run it, I mean come on, vanilla GTA IV and it only runs 15 fps tops!

Yeah, because everyone has the same garbage computer as you.Thank you, I needed that. But people who have garbage PCs should also have attention so their game won't have troubles unlike you guys with high-tech GPUs and video cards who almost don't have troubles with their game all the time.

Sentrion

Is it possible for you modders to make a new heist?

Ofcourse it is possible with Mission Coding. It'd nice to change the old ones for good.

Aleph-Zero

Can't wait to see custom weapon attachments.

wtd03

Expanding the map with more countryside, forests, farmland an so on (everything GTA V elements) and then add an improved San Fierro and Las Venturas from GTA SA ... that would be cool! :)

Would this even be possible?

I want better outfits and more hairstyles.

Also have prostitutes and strippers look better with better outfits and body types.

Maybe even show some actual action going on in the car

StarSteewlolf

I wouldn't mind adding or fixing little things that R* half assed.

1. Adding chrome as a rim color option.

2. Making all vehicle moddable at LSC (with the except of the bigger vehicles like Semi trucks). If it can fit into the LSC garage, it should be moddable. Give each vehicle all the modding options too if they apply to the car.

Like the Sadler for example. There are several versions that spawn with different mods like brush guard, roll bar with and without lights, bed cover ect,. I would like to be able to add those onto the truck at LSC. Same goes for all the other vehicles. It's a hassle to search for hours for the version of a vehicle you want.

3. Adjust the size of the rims/tires on the vehicle. To me, the rims on some car are too small, others too big.

4. Better spawning of vehicles. Maybe with a heavier density of traffic the spawning of vehicle might be improved but I'll have to wait and see.

FrostHard

Like a guy has mentioned before, a zombie apocalypse mod like Left4Liberty.

And Shootdodge.

And First Person camera.

†Tyranick†™

So many good ideas here, and great progress on the console modding scene too, not that i'm able to play it but, fundamentally speaking, at the very least, we'll be able to do everything in GTA5 that's been done with GTA4 i reckon, the question is, how far can it be taken? Plenty of solid systems we can build from, very exciting.

Alvarez

Interstate 76 mod.

Would love me some orange Picard Piranha with machine guns to cap some creepers in Blaine County.

ShadyNexus

As a primary PC gamer, I depend on mods to give me a enjoyable experience, Skyrim for example. There's a mod that seeks new lands...But back on topic.

Which mods do you expect? I expect...

A fuel mod.

Liberty City comeback mod? ....From a team of dedicated modders.

(obviously) Vehicle Mods...IMPROVED!!

Multi Theft Auto: Los Santos? MTA:5? I don't even-

Maybe a cockpit view if we're lucky.

Arthur Bell

A simple native trainer

bst81

yes, simple native trainer is cool. Vehicles mod (and hope GTA V can handle it without missing textures) and then graphics mod.

cowabunga

This has to be done, I need it for living.

Vatl4Tb.jpg

Johan

Expecting the wonderful PC community to create some amazing odd-job mods like Bus driver, Police, etc.

OUTFIT

In time, I'm sure one of them modding fellows will have made their own heists

Adrianssh1

I just want fuel mod and first person mod and I will be happy.

But I am sure that it will be more and more mods to come.

ClaudeGnome

Does anyone know how long it takes for the modding tools to come out after the game is released? Like how long did it take for OpenIV or SparkIV to come out after GTA IV was released?

Edited by SuckerGnome

Agni

Realistic Driving Mod Realistic Driving ModRealistic Driving ModRealistic Driving ModRealistic Driving ModRealistic Driving ModRealistic Driving ModRealistic Driving Mod REALISTIC DRIVING MOD.

Christ I'll make one myself if I have to.

GooD-NTS

Does anyone know how long it takes for the modding tools to come out after the game is released? Like how long did it take for OpenIV or SparkIV to come out after GTA IV was released?

Development of both OpenIV and SparkIV was started before PC release of GTAIV and they was released soon after PC release.

We are in OpenIV already work to bring GTAV support as soon as possible.

Sentrion

It really depends upon the author. There are great tools that have not been updated for years, since there are initial release when III games were in demand.

Tdarius117

Most likely, probably yes. We did it with Gta Sa. I also requested this mod to be put in game.

- Gta V DYOM(Do/create your own missions) and machinima (make your own movies)

†Tyranick†™

Development of both OpenIV and SparkIV was started before PC release of GTAIV and they was released soon after PC release.

We are in OpenIV already work to bring GTAV support as soon as possible.

As always, <3.

NikoBellicGTAIV

A neewbie question. I've noticed while checking on V textures that there's two different kinds of normal maps. Blue ones and yellow ones. The most used, almost for everything, are the yellow ones, and it seems to be for optimization reasons, because of consoles and stuff... Or I assume, I'm not sure.

IV always always used the blue normal maps, or at least the PC version did. Does anyone know the difference between these normal maps? Is the yellow one used because it's better or something?

Edited by NikoBellicGTAIV

Tdarius117

-----------------------The best needed mods---------------------(Repost)

- GTA V no cd crack (To play it without the cd running just like gta sa just install then play). Don't want my CD drive spinnin all day.

- Better driving physics (Gta V feels like mario cart to me).

- North Yankon and Liberty city access(Gta IV version). Accessible by boat or plane - Maybe even Las Venturas and San Fierro for single and multiplayer. I mean the game gives us planes, but no place to fly to. Who wants to land a classy jet at the dessert or at a military base just to get shot down? We need more places to fly to and visit.

- Driveable trains mod (freight and LS tram). -_- really couldnt belive they only let us drive the train in only ONE mission. I wanna derail those sumb*tches.

- JETPACKS JETPACKS JETPACKS

- Vehicle and object spawner (I want to spawn a bear in the middle of the city).

- Vehicle replacements

- To access your muliplayer (character, car and apartment) in singleplayer.

- Buyable dogs and houses for multi and single player (I hate that chop was the only one).

- More cheats like the (police free cheat or incibibility) and for the cheats to be saved to your in game phone - basically a cheats application -

- Weather application or cheats thst let you controll the weather

- Mp3 application on the in game phone to play user tracks- and skips the next song, so you dont have to keep going to your phone - And a user track player radio station

- Map editor (to add or move objects from game) just like Gta Sa. Wouldn't it be nice the put the maze bank tower right in the middle of the dessert?

- Unlock all interiors (accessable at anytime even in multiplayer).

- Cockpit view/cam hack (Its not fair that only passengers get it). We should be able to put the camera where ever we want and first person walking and driving would be awesome.

Midsize commercial planes (larger than shamal, smalller than the 747). Make them like the size of a 737 or 757.

- No plane turbulence.

- Real clouds that you can accutally fly over and go through, not the fake backdrop clouds rockstar made.

- Fix the police they are too aggressive make them more realistic.
I hate when they appear in the middle of Mount Chiiliad with no one around. You know I've never been busted by the cops before in Gta v because they kept killing you. The police shouln't shoot you untill you shoot first.

- Gta V DYOM(Do/create your own missions) and machinima (make your own movies)

- A litte bit of (hot coffee) wont hurt (if you know what I mean wink - wink)..........still don't get it? Its the hot coffee mod.

- And lets not forget the best of them all, REALISTIC STEAK with resteraunt interiors like burgershot, Can't believe rockstar took them out. I wanted to order a number 9, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese and a large soda.

With these mods, prepare for the best game ever.

Please bump, quote and repost this for everyone to see. Thank you :)

weidncol

^^ You can shrink that list by a lot by just simply putting 'Simple Native Trainer' lol

Also, a lot of those mods are already on the PS3/Xbox 360 version of GTA V, so it wouldn't be hard to put in this version, especially PC. And cockpit view will most likely be in the next version of GTA V already.

SonofUgly

That is "this" thread you moron. Theres a reason your not a mod. Maybe let them do their own job

A different thread was merged into this one.

There really should be a 'merged' tag for when posts get moved around.

SilverRST

I have one wish for the GTAV PC modding.

MOAR trees! So much MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR trees my entire face is covered n tree leaves!!1!!!!!1111111

Alvarez

Hey, if you were to add new vehicles, would you create new brands and names for them that blend in the GTA-verse, or will you just leave the original be?

PinheiroHazard

Hey guys, check this out: http://www.gamepur.com/news/15109-gta-v-pc-complete-remastered-port-will-take-full-advantage-power-pc-says-st.html

It says that the game will have mod support, and also says that the game will not be a port, but "complete remaster with some exclusive features". Can anyone tell if this site is reliable because I looked on Steam and have not seen anything like it, at least not exactly say in the news.

Anyway, hope it's true. :lol:

Yummy Pie

I don't know if it would be possible but I would love to see a crouch mod. I don't understand why Rockstar removed such a basic feature.

weidncol

It's definitely not a "port" like GTA IV was. GTA V for PC has been developing along side the last generation of consoles. If anything, the current generation consoles (PS4/X1) will be the ports. I can guarantee this version of GTA V will have more items/features and will be very optimized.