3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

SonofUgly

Nice add there. But the thing I don't like about adding is because 1) tons of instructions 2) trouble with spawning and 3) game crashing. It also ruins if you wanna add a car pack that adds new REAL LIFE cars then what you only see on the streets are usually GTA clones. It ruins the variety of cars on the streets. I don't want to be stuck with a Tailgater forever in my GTA V lifetime.

Well you could always rename the model/textures and just replace a car still, that'll still be an option and easy enough to do. As for the points, it should be easier to set up adding new cars than IV, and after that's set up, adding them will be about the same as replacing in terms of steps to do. With spawning, currently don't know how to add them to ambient spawns, but there are other ways, like adding them to model sets (scroll down to Rare Vehicle Spawns), adding them to player's garages, and hopefully adding them to in-game website stores. And as for crashing, I'm currently running my game with 266 vehicles in the main handling.dat/meta, so it looks like they've fixed that issue.

as for you other guys talking about ADDING cars, you're missing the biggest clue's ever to adding anything to GTA V, the DLC pack slots can be used, we have the ultimate mod installer built into the game ;)

Well on PS3 you have to go through an edat for DLC, which is always a PITA for me - but yeah that should (hopefully) be easier on PC, and will be a nice way to add cars/weapons directly into the garages/stores.

Dilin Dafonte

LSPD:FR, Los Santos is much less f*cking bland than Liberty City and I cannot wait to begin patrolling the hood with my partner and enforcing the law! And that's just singleplayer, it'll be even better when I get to do it with friends intercept some c*ntwad in an adder with 6 helicopters and 20+ ground units and several roadblocks in all directions, I'd like to see him make it out of LS.

MasterVampire

So.............

Anyone think GTA 5 will have the same taxi bug when you replace too many default cards with HD ones like with GTA 4?

Twilight Sky

Now I'm wondering just how much we will actually be able to do.

Guess we will find out when the time comes.

s-paco

I hope all the files will have the same structure as GTA IV, shouldn't that make it easier to mod?

I'm not a mod maker, so i might be wrong though. I reckon the carcols, handling and vehicles.ide files will still be there?

Does anyone have access to the console version to see if there are similar files?

Clxbsport

There's a link to GTA files and mods on SonofUgly's sig.

manu90mala

Once script mods are up and running, I would like to see an expansion to property owning.
I want something like vcs empire mode, with more jobs and activities connected to the business, with business levels and upgrades, being able to hire and fire employees and even getting to the stock market with your own company.

The modding potential for this game is limitless, it's just about time, ideas a talented modders

PhillBellic

So.............

Anyone think GTA 5 will have the same taxi bug when you replace too many default cards with HD ones like with GTA 4?

Who knows? At this stage it is too early to tell. I hope there is some new coding which prevents or heavily reduces it's impact.

Cheers.

NYPD.ESU.55

LSPD:FR, ELS, realistic handling and damage, buying apartments/garages/houses and a lot more... an ofc SNT!

†Tyranick†™

The thing, as stated plenty by me, is if the GTA Online features, can be enabled in Story Mode, specifically: Buying Property + Using garages BUT also being able to STORE ANYTHING in the garages + hangers.

The "dlc system" is actually a damn good point for modding, we have the phone, we have the websites which i'm sure could be "expanded" with "new" cars too, or if for some reason that can't happen, we can have a way to at least get the cars to appear in the "system" then called from elsewhere.

As for new vehicle ideas? Well, i'd LOVE a "bigger dozer" type vehicle, maybe something like this: earth-mover-oil-tank.jpg

Or maybe even this lol:

kjn%20earthmover.jpg

CAT and KJN earth movers would be fun as hell for causing chaos on the streets :D!

Shimo815

I'd mod restaurants interiors from GTA 4 into GTA 5

Edited by Shimo815

Aleph-Zero

I'm hoping they removed the interiors from old gen version because of limitations and these will feature in the next gen version.

weidncol

^^I highly doubt that, but you never know.

†Tyranick†™

I'm hoping they removed the interiors from old gen version because of limitations and these will feature in the next gen version.

That would be awesome, who knows.

As it looks like we are getting tiny details like a speedometer in the cockpit + possibly a fully featured cockpit view, who knows what sorts of details could come.

indraCG

i would like to know what character mods do you guys want to see in gta v?...i am planning to make one and am looking for ideas....

Delta India Echo

i would like to know what character mods do you guys want to see in gta v?...i am planning to make one and am looking for ideas....

Max Payne 3 Hoboken outfit for Michael.

If that's a no, then HD SWAT ped models.

Tuskin38

I hope all the files will have the same structure as GTA IV, shouldn't that make it easier to mod?

I'm not a mod maker, so i might be wrong though. I reckon the carcols, handling and vehicles.ide files will still be there?

Does anyone have access to the console version to see if there are similar files?

The file structure is the same on the current console version, so I would not be surprised if it was the same on the PC.

weidncol

Some pretty cool mods that are already on PS3/Xbox 360 include these:

Mods
So far I've made a few simple mods:
Better Handling - [updated 3/4] This changes the handling for all cars to be more realistic.
Carmageddon V - [updated 5/15] Just like Carmageddon for IV, makes cars shoot around uncontrollably.
Empty Streets - [updated 12/1] Removes all peds and cars.
Fire Extinguisher - Makes the fire extinguisher usable.
First Person Vehicles - [updated 4/8] CrazyPotato's mod utilizing vehicle.patch instead of vehicles.meta. Works with DLC vehicles too.
Less Restricted Areas - [updated 3/10] Removes/alters the restricted zones, like allowing you to freely drive around Fort Zancudo, or the golf course.
More Random Events - Increases the odds of a police chase or ped committing a crime happening.
No Damage Indicator - Removes the red tint and red mark when you get shot.
No Hitmarker - Removes the red X hit mark when you kill someone.
No Plane Turbulence - [updated 3/3] This eliminates turbulence and wind while flying planes, but not for helicopters.
No Tracers - Removes tracer rounds from guns.
Old Controls for Driving/Flying - This changes accelerate/decelerate from R2/L2 to X/⃞ (or A/X if you're using an Xbox 360).
Rare Vehicle Spawns - [udated 5/23] This makes GTA:O, DLC and collector edition cars, as well as some other hard to find or unobtainable vehicles, spawn in certain places.
Revised Wanted System - [updated 1/4] Changes ESPD to LSPD by altering how long wanted levels last, the requirements to get wanted and the law's pinpoint accuracy.
Riot - Just like Riot Mode cheat on old Rendware GTA's, this gives peds guns and makes them go nuts.
Snow - Adds a random day of snow to Los Santos. Note: No snow textures.
Stand on Vehicles - Allows you to stand on any vehicle.
Super Bunnyhop - [updated 12/19] Makes you jump ~2 stories on bicycles.
Zombies - Incomplete mod that adds some aggressive zombies.

This snippet was originally found here - http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=62849

Those mods should be a piece of cake to put in PC.

Phillyboy

If you were to Mod things, can you build your own house?

I know you can't with GTA4, i think.

I want to build a big airport and save it.

Do you think it's possible? :)

arvark

NO.

theNGclan

Eventually.

There will be a trainer that allows you to spawn objects and save them to an .ini file just like the Simple Native Trainer for GTA IV.

Phillyboy

Eventually.

There will be a trainer that allows you to spawn objects and save them to an .ini file just like the Simple Native Trainer for GTA IV.

Ah ok cool, i never knew about the native trainer, i only spawned using the phone cheat codes, i want to get into it more :)

Shade04rek

I believe that now that the PC version is confirmed, V will be able to have any flaw redeemed as long as the game will be mod friendly.

Here are a couple things that modding has brought to GTA4 in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etLlVqMWOzg

Edited by Shade04rek

Erpetter

I think I won't be modding my GTA V until I have finished the storyline at least. After that I think I might mod it myself.

I generally like to improve realism. For my EFLC, for example, I have made

- New headlights (in light_occluders.wtd) from scratch

- Small changes to timecycle (reflections, draw distance)

- Modified visualsettings.dat (improved lighting, removed motion blur, adjusted lod distances)

- Creating custom handling lines for vehicle mods

- Modified popcycle.dat to adjust amount of peds and traffic (yes, insane amounts of ped and traffic density during the daylight in Algonquin just like real Manhattan)

Licensed Assualt

Would I be able to Play PC Mods on my Xbox360?

Cforumlbgfeva

I'm going to do so much skins for micheal, franklin and trevor :D. I'm gonna mod so many construction vehicles like the dozer so they don't *explode* :D

Alpha Demigod

My main mod wishlist

1) Scary Underwater

I want a scary underwater mod. I want underwater to genuinely feel creepy. I want a megalodon.

It can't be that hard. Someone takes one shark, makes it non-hostile, and increases its size like crazy. Imagine swimming around, admiring this shark.

gta_v_megalodon___it_s_not_a_myth____by_

2) Numerous mechanical fixes

Fix stupid stuff in the game that was implemented poorly.

- Fingerless gloves should be available on any outfit

- Flippers when scuba diving

3) High-res b00b textures

I have spent hours upon hours at the strip club, staring at blocky pixelated boobs. I want them to be retextured and look ultra realistic.

Look how blocky they are.

NSFW pic.

Ficiani

Anyone knows or has a clue if Steam support will kinda "block" or make tougher installing/making mods?

Deepboyce

Safe houses

Also opening the content creator to make the craziest of matchmaking. Would love if someone made a Hunger Games simulator, everyone parachutes onto the island then the last person left wins.