3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Scrumilation

I want to point out that ReShade w/ SweetFX is compatible with GTAV and some people already made presets. I tried a few of them and like K-Putt's preset the most.

You can download it here. - Edit: Fixed the link

Press F12 in-game to enable it. Do not enable it in the game menus as it will cause lag in the menu, wait until you are loaded into story mode or online. Accessing the menus after enabling it in-game does not make it lag.

Here is how my game looks with it. FXAA is on and MSAA at 2x. SMAA enabled in ReShade. Makes a big difference and the image is sharper.

1.jpg

That's awesome man! Completely removed the strange white blur over the game and makes it look much better.

Z1000

When we could expect vehicle mods?

TheMostKnowledgable

I want to see more screenshots of the ReShade and SweetFX!

Ash_735

When we could expect vehicle mods?

First OpenIV needs to allow Importing and THEN we need to see if there's been any changes to the model format for the game, then it's up to the .black team to update their tool kits if there are any substantial changes, if everything is fine, then it's just a case of keeping mods close to IV style and importing them. Still maybe a couple of weeks off, maybe less.

I want to see more screenshots of the ReShade and SweetFX!

Well download the mod yourself and take your own screenshots then sugar, the instructions to install and uninstall are pretty clear, you can throw it on your game, take the pictures, then remove it before jumping Online.

valk8888

It's disappointing to see their stance, one thing for sure no one would still be playing GTA IV without mods. Just like countless other games over the years no one would remember their name if it wasn't for mods. I personally couldn't care less about online, to me that's an afterthought at best. There's no doubt in my mind that the V modding community will grow as the IV one did, in the beginning nothing but small tweaks and over time tools were developed that allow the extensive modifications we all love. Rockstar's hostile attitude is not warranted but regardless it isn't going to stand in the way of fun.

Silent

Yeah, probably same method used.

Pretty sure EXEs are different because of Steamworks, though.

Aleph-Zero

Yeah, probably same method used.

Pretty sure EXEs are different because of Steamworks, though.

There are 3 exes, my guess is Steam uses PlayGTAV.exe or GTALauncher.exe

GTA5.exe is probably the same for all branches so they can narrow the error margin and waste far less time with differentiated customer support. That's my guess anyway.

Silent

Very unlikely. Max Payne 3 didn't have it that way, too. MP3 didn't evne have the launcher on Steam, whereas the retail one had.

unknown modder

Just one little question, do the different versions of the game (i.e. Steam, physical discs...) have the same files and all have the same modding ability ?

most of the files are the same, but things like the base executable are different

zepman79

There are two things that are really annoying me about the cars, although they are small details.

1: Fake car mirrors?? Really? However we do have real mirrors inside of some buildings/houses..

2: Non-functional blowers for the muscle cars.. We have already seen functional blowers in GTA, so why remove them? I am referring to the triple bug catcher not opening its flaps to intake the air and if I remember correctly we had this function in GTA III. I know we had that one in GTA IV that was stock with the blower, but in GTA III we had a few custom cars with functional blowers or am I incorrect on that?

Edited by zepman79

Samutz

Will the decryption key and method be made public at some point?

TGPomy

So when can we expect a mod that brings over the Online-only vehicles to Singleplayer? :D

Or just a trainer that can spawn any vehicle.

Alvarez

So when can we expect a mod that brings over the Online-only vehicles to Singleplayer? :D

Save Editor?

burnsyboo

Will the decryption key and method be made public at some point?

I'm guessing we will need the decryption key to be able to explore GTA V PC in the new openiv that is getting developed.

Im not what openiv's plans are though I'm hoping they will release the key.

Edited by burnsyboo

Grantestos

When can we expect HD hedge texture mod and better foliage ?

gamerzworld

The only issue I ever took with SilentPatch which is a great mod is that while it's nice to limit to 30fps instead of 25, he called Rockstar programmers lazy for 25fps, but in reality, it was on purpose because 25fps is pal video framerate (pal is used where they are from) and it looked more filmic that way. It was intentional, because it was meant to look like PAL video format.

What kind of bullsh*t are you spewing son? Yes 25fps is the PAL framerate, BUT San Andreas Internal framerate was, and always will be 30fps, the thing causing the 5fps drop is the 14ms framedelay counter Rockstar didn't account for, to make things even better, they kinda accidentally reduced that in the Steam version of the game to 10ms framedelay, this instead now causing the framerate to lock at 26fps. It's nothing to do with PAL or NTSC here, it's Rockstar not calculating the framerate properly in this version of the game.

DON'T ALTER ROCKSTAR'S VISION ANY FURTHER DAMMIT.

161746454.png

gtaforums2

do i have to copy all three folders in the main direcotry of gta v?

"SweetFx" Folder

d3d11.dll

Sweet.fx

MichaelKnight4Christ

Hey pals, currently waiting for the sparkIV as many of you are but I also want to contribute some mods. Im glad to be apart of all this and my son and I are ready to import some models. Looking forward to working on this game with you all. I have done mods for other games Like mk9, sf, skyrim, and others just to name a few and I have done mods on earlier gta games in the past. I look forward to the new tuturials and tools and I thank everybody for participating. I still play gta4 and even vice city and sa every once in a blue btw.

Edited by MichaelKnight4Christ

p2skater1

A zombie mod! Instead of people, it will have zombies! Also add zombie killing vehicles/weapons.

Digital X

"SweetFx" Folder

d3d11.dll

Sweet.fx

Yes, copy all those into the main directory, once IN GAME (not the menu) press F12, and voila!

mrmug

"SweetFx" Folder

d3d11.dll

Sweet.fx

Yes, copy all those into the main directory, once IN GAME (not the menu) press F12, and voila!

I believe this can get you banned.I think it injects itself into memory and that's what hacks do so I think the game could misunderstand what it is you are doing and ban you. Wasn't this an issue in other games?

Edited by mrmug

TGPomy

Save Editor?

Yes but I mean spawn them on command.

burnsyboo

Hello I would like to ask will the encryption key get released with the new Openiv update? As wouldn't we need the key to use GTA V PC in Openiv?

Edited by burnsyboo

_FRANKENSTEIN_

Is modding supported or rpf files need to be cracked?

BTW, whats up? Why are there 600guests browsing this topic?

Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_

RedDagger

Is modding supported or rpf files need to be cracked?

BTW, whats up? Why are there 600guests browsing this topic?

Modding ain't supported, but read back a few pages to see the progress they've made.

This thread's been linked from a fair few places, notably reddit and neogaf.

zepman79

Does anyone remember during GTA III modding when we were doing that huge building and we created it as a community (each story was made by different users)? You have to remember this was a huge deal in GTA III because you could barely go inside of any buildings which was a huge complaint and knock on realism back then. Then the community created MP for GTA:SA...

We have such a solid starting point that I can not wait to see what is going to happen on these forums over the next 3-5 years with GTA V. If we can keep that kind of creativity and combine it with how large the forums are now along with teamwork in the community, I know we are going to blow some minds guys!

I can't decide what car I want to bring to the game first; probably a 1973 Pontiac Trans-Am 455 SD :beerhat: Oh quick question, are the exhaust sounds still hard locked to the name of the cars or can we finally move/copy the sounds? If the sounds are no longer locked to the name of the cars, are we able to import completely custom sounds?

Edited by zepman79

TGPomy

^ I hope so. Importing new cars without custom sounds kind of kills it for me. :(

zepman79

^ I hope so. Importing new cars without custom sounds kind of kills it for me. :(

Turn up the radio :lol:

Marty McFly

Some input about the depth buffer: it's logarithmic to minimize Z-Fighting for extreme draw distances so usual linearizing functions based on znear/zfar don't work, a function is needed to reverse the logarithm.

I'm still fiddling around but for now, simple screenspace effects like DoF or HBAO can be done easily.

gta52015-04-1619-06-2vbzcg.png

gta52015-04-1619-26-0kvxez.png

Edited by Marty McFly