3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

MR.GREY

NOOB HERE. Sooo since Rockstar essentially confirmed that Director mode is on the PC version, doesn't that mean we don't really need a trainer? There are probably things that the trainer can do that the director mode can't, but really isn't it just spawning models, animals, changing weather and making a scene? I think the director mode offers all of that. Do we really need a trainer?

Yes.

Because Director Mode probably covers not all functions required.

WE NEED AIRBRAKE.........HAHAHA

topeira

mods i'd love to see early:

realistic weapons - different damage, recoil and accuracy etc.
make weapons handle like in action games and not lazer guns. i have no idea why R* figured that giving the guns almost no recoil and no accuracy effect when moving was a good idea. i think all weapons feel exactly the same since they all have the same handeling.

i hope there is a simple XML file that we can edit and add recoil and upkick to the weapons.

that's the first thing i feel needs changing. weapons in GTAV just dont feel like weapons ATM IMO.

also i'd like a mod that reduces the amount of health you regenerate to less than 50%.

a mod i'd love to see down the line is some kind of mission creator. a way to have missions like "eliminate the enemy group" or "deliver the package while being gunned down" etc spawn on the map, giving infinite amount of things to do that actually have a purpose. there were a few mods like that in GTAIV and i really hope modders will bring such mods faster to GTAV. those were amazing.

also - ragdoll by pain! this mod for IV was sweet! made firefights more tactical since you cant just run around if every time you get shot causes you to ragdoll for a second or two.

and a mod that makes silencers more useful. something like if there is no NPC in a certain range than no cops will appear or something like that.

Edited by topeira

NYPD.ESU.55

A mod that removes that dumb feature that you can roll back your vehcle using the arrow keys (or stick on consoles) when its upside down would be good. Because thats just stupid.

Edited by NYPD.ESU.55

Luismy_MMD

Man just give me a mod to be able to use all of them active garage doors distributed over the map to store my own cars in SP and I'll be happy.

Also I'd suck the dick of a modder if one ever created a mod where you can use the area between the fences of mansions to store as much cars as you'd like, as if you owned the mansions.

Xerukal

A mod that removes that dumb feature that you can roll back your vehcle using the arrow keys (or stick on consoles) when its upside down would be good. Because thats just stupid.

It's also entirely optional. There is nothing preventing you from simply exiting your vehicle when it flips.

Edited by Xerukal

Midgard

Is there anything confirmed into Multiplayer Dedicated Servers? Would be cool to bring back SA's Role Playing Servers!

Mellnik

Is there anything confirmed into Multiplayer Dedicated Servers? Would be cool to bring back SA's Role Playing Servers!

1. SA does not have multiplayer. What you mean are cusomted scripted gamemodes running the SA-MP mod server.

2. Even if there will be dedicated server by R* (which I don't think) you won't be able to script your own stuff.

Alvarez

Anyone cares for making Johnson's house?

Agni

Wont happen, but a katamari mod is high on my "mods that are probably impossible but would be absolutely amazing" list.

FriendlyPsychopath

1. SA does not have multiplayer. What you mean are cusomted scripted gamemodes running the SA-MP mod server.

2. Even if there will be dedicated server by R* (which I don't think) you won't be able to script your own stuff.

This

besides judging by IV MP/MultiIV failure a V MP is unlikely,games like IV and V are far more complex than SA and VC,let alone a 200+ players server

K0ol-G-R4P

That is never happening with Rockstars GTA Online.

CitizenFX is what you're looking for.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/359-citizenfx

Midgard

That is never happening with Rockstars GTA Online.

CitizenFX is what you're looking for.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/359-citizenfx

Yep I totally know Rockstar is not going to provide it. But will it be possible to do via mods?

I don't think V is so far more complex than SA.

Voit Turyv

The first thing I would do is removing vehicle class names after the car name - and figuring out how to remove the comma as well. Also, I'd rename a few vehicles, mainly police ones (Police Cruiser -> Bravado Buffalo, Police and the like, Police Riot -> Brute Enforcer, Police Transporter -> Declasse Burrito, Police etc.).

Edited by Voit Turyv

mommo

Man just give me a mod to be able to use all of them active garage doors distributed over the map to store my own cars in SP and I'll be happy.

Also I'd suck the dick of a modder if one ever created a mod where you can use the area between the fences of mansions to store as much cars as you'd like, as if you owned the mansions.

Me too, more garage spaces yes. (I remember back in SA times there was a mod/tool to store whatever vehicle at any place, and i made some modifications(fences, street lamps,gate) at the vespucci beach area and got like 40 cars stored there. LOL.

ps: Yes, fps was non existing, but it was beautiful seeing all of the modded cars in one place.

Edited by mommo

z06z33

I can't wait for the aircraft mods... I'm tired of flying fake looking planes in GTA Online.... a Cessna 421 or Grumman Albatross flying boat would be amazing!!

Edited by z06z33

RM76

The first thing I would do is removing vehicle class names after the car name - and figuring out how to remove the comma as well. Also, I'd rename a few vehicles, mainly police ones (Police Cruiser -> Bravado Buffalo, Police and the like, Police Riot -> Brute Enforcer, Police Transporter -> Declasse Burrito, Police etc.).

Sounds like a good idea, I may do this as well.

Edited by RM76

Frubidore

I just want a cyborg dinosaur hunting mode...

Alvarez

Open up the interiors.

Add a clothes iron melee weapon for Franklin.

Edited by Alvarez

MisterEd

The author of the Simple Native Trainer just posted a couple days ago that he will start looking at GTA V for the PC when he gets it on Tuesday. If we are lucky he will find a way to make it work on GTA V for the PC. It all depends on whether Rockstar has put any roadblocks in the way to prevent this.

[REL|GTAIV]Simple Trainer for GTAIV
http://gtaforums.com/topic/392973-relgtaivsimple-trainer-for-gtaiv/?p=1067282605

NTAuthority

It all depends on whether Rockstar has put any roadblocks in the way to prevent this.

going by current assumptions there's a giant wtf-shaped roadblock in the form of the entire game executable probably being f*cked up beyond recognition to prevent any static and dynamic analysis of it.

sjaak327

It all depends on whether Rockstar has put any roadblocks in the way to prevent this.

going by current assumptions there's a giant wtf-shaped roadblock in the form of the entire game executable probably being f*cked up beyond recognition to prevent any static and dynamic analysis of it.

All in the name of "protecting gta online" or words to that effect. I suppose it's back to file edits and such, a shame really.

I was actually afraid they might pull a stunt like this, I hope it isn't this bad.

Edited by sjaak327

Agni

You know the realistic driving mod that someone made for modded 360's? I've extracted the handling.dat from that, which we should be able to put into our PC installations of GTAV.

With the updates on the consoles, handling.dat was turned into handling.meta, and I would think that's what they'll use for the PC version. So if the author didn't redo the mod into a meta file, it's probably not going to work.

Slight update on this: turns out that the author DID make a handling.meta, which the 360 version did use in updates (his mod basically works like an unofficial patch in the game's eyes). Indeed it's actually the edited file, the handling.dat I extracted is just the original one from the vanilla game.

Alvarez

How would you open a new proprietary file format, should it appear? I believe that some files would be openable with old tools, with some restrictions, but still.

Mr.Arrow

Cant wait for LCPD mod

Alvarez

Would replace the Whiplash Wasted sound with GTA 2 Wasted disappointed chorus. Always liked that.

Voit Turyv

Would replace the Whiplash Wasted sound with GTA 2 Wasted disappointed chorus. Always liked that.

OMG, I can only imagine how hilarious it'd be. :lol:

mrkaybay

There's a lot of these goin about but these guys seem on their game with making a good mod - www.vmultiplayer.net/forum

TGPomy

I wonder what will be the definitive site to download mods for GTA V. If complex modding is possible, seems Rockstar may be making it VERY tough to mod due to GTA Online security, as the person above said.

Alpha Demigod

My (revised) modding wishlist

• Blue whale mod
  • Megalodon mod
  • Flippers accessible anytime
  • better weapon textures
  • better weapon sounds
  • Nude Amanda texture
  • high-res stripper textures
  • Wooden double-barrel shotgun for redneck Trevor (vanilla shotgun was too modern)
  • assassination side-mission as seen in IV
  • Police simulator as seen in LCPDFR
  • kidnapping side mission as seen in IV
  • Car hunting side mission like Stevie's car thefts in IV
  • replace Vacca with Lamborghini Gallardo
  • replace Cabrio with Bentley Continental
Edited by Dark Bordeus

r0llinlacs

Oh god, if there's no Simple Native Trainer this game won't be worth modding!