3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

Wheatley

^ True, but what do you think about the mods I requested above? That would be possible fairly early (first few months) right?

I don't know, I've never had a GTA on PC so I don't know how modding works for this game, only ever modded Skyrim and Fallout.

Possibly. If the dev behind Simple Native Trainer can create a trainer for GTA V - I'm 99% certain you'll be able to spawn in the Online cars in the first few months or so. I'm not sure about your character since all that data is stored on the Rockstar servers.

Tuskin38

You can get the MP only cars using a Save Editor on 360/PS3. So it should be possible on PC pretty easily.

Edited by Tuskin38

TGPomy

You can get the MP only cars using a Save Editor on 360/PS3. So it should be possible on PC pretty easily.

Good to know. :D

SynchronousSnake

Getting your MP character into SP might be doable even with the data being on the servers as there was a glitch that allowed this to happen so this could mean the data is loaded client side when loaded into mp and remains in memory when exiting to sp.

So a mod or tool that could store a local copy of your mp characters facegen and other attributes wouldn't be outside the the boundaries of impossible... Maybe I dunno..

UtopiaRTS

Getting your MP character into SP might be doable even with the data being on the servers as there was a glitch that allowed this to happen so this could mean the data is loaded client side when loaded into mp and remains in memory when exiting to sp.

So a mod or tool that could store a local copy of your mp characters facegen and other attributes wouldn't be outside the the boundaries of impossible... Maybe I dunno..

Or you could just replace the model of Michael/Trevor/Franklin to your MP model.

SynchronousSnake

Or you could just replace the model of Michael/Trevor/Franklin to your MP model.

Hmm not sure hearing my Mp toon who already has a few hundred hours a piece under both ps3 and ps4 and has s always been mute would effect me, if say for instance I replaced him with Trevor and heard Trevor's voice spill from his mouth.. But I digress that would be satisfactory too if just allowing the selection and load of the mp toon into the sp session isn't doable

Edited by SynchronousSnake

Samutz

Something to keep in mind...

The console versions of GTA 4 use a different save structure than the PC version. In fact, as far as I've found, there's no save editor for GTA 4 for PC and there's very little documentation on the PC save structure.

I expect the save structures for GTA 5 to follow a similar pattern.

But there is hope. One of the reasons there hasn't been much interest in GTA 4's PC saves is that GFWL restricts the saves to the user's profile, making them unsharable and difficult to modify. This is no longer true if you use XLiveLess, but I think that the restriction discouraged the community from looking to save editing and sharing. Also I think GTA 4 just wasn't as popular as previous games.

I'm hoping the RGSC DRM doesn't do the same thing to GTA 5, so that we can start playing with the save files right away, and that GTA 5 will be popular enough that I won't be the only person looking to the save structures.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

You will need to add all the facial features manually via photoshop cuz this is what the MP heads look like without any details

786556efb4.jpg

2f7871a2fc.jpg

5ecd66d967.jpg

Iash91

I hope at least modding the online hairstyles, or even clothing meshes will be possible. I want to do a complete conversion of the female bodies+hair, so they look a lot less... Post menopausal meth addict.

Jenia

^ True, but what do you think about the mods I requested above? That would be possible fairly early (first few months) right?

I don't know, I've never had a GTA on PC so I don't know how modding works for this game, only ever modded Skyrim and Fallout.

Possibly. If the dev behind Simple Native Trainer can create a trainer for GTA V - I'm 99% certain you'll be able to spawn in the Online cars in the first few months or so. I'm not sure about your character since all that data is stored on the Rockstar servers.

First of all, we need to make an ASI loader for GTA V, and I can tell you, it will be in the next year, if only, as modders need to study the updated RAGE engine. I guess xlive.dll won't work...

And I also hope the game will be stable with tons of scripts loaded. Just look a GTA IV. Crashes every 20-25 mins.

Agni

You know the realistic driving mod that someone made for modded 360's? I've extracted the handling.dat from that, which we should be able to put into our PC installations of GTAV.

I've asked the creator of the 360 mod if I can upload the handling.dat alone (the 360 version packages the whole "common" folder into one big file called "common.rpf" so I had to extract it). The DLC cars wont be there, but it could be used as a nice base, since all the cars that were in the game from the 360/PS3 release have already been adjusted.

Even if he doesn't let me, it shouldn't be too hard to grab it, just google "GTAV realistic driving mod" and then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to extract it yourself. I wouldn't suggest just plopping it into GTAV though, since it doesn't have the DLC/update cars and will probably crash--instead just replace the lines for the original cars.

Edited by Agni

TGPomy

Sounds promising. I guess we'll see when the modding geniuses get their hands on the game. :D I want the Online clothes/masks in SP so bad.

SonofUgly

You know the realistic driving mod that someone made for modded 360's? I've extracted the handling.dat from that, which we should be able to put into our PC installations of GTAV.

With the updates on the consoles, handling.dat was turned into handling.meta, and I would think that's what they'll use for the PC version. So if the author didn't redo the mod into a meta file, it's probably not going to work. Edited by SonofUgly

Alvarez

You will need to add all the facial features manually via photoshop cuz this is what the MP heads look like without any details

786556efb4.jpg

2f7871a2fc.jpg

5ecd66d967.jpg

You don't have the mesh files of the MP toons by the chance? Or where are they hidden?

Clxbsport

Looks like they've reached the maximum number of pinned posts and decided to unpin this one .-. oh well xD

I've been thinking to replace all cars with their real life counterparts... except for the Buffalo S, my fave GTA car <3

Agni

With the updates on the consoles, handling.dat was turned into handling.meta, and I would think that's what they'll use for the PC version. So if the author didn't redo the mod into a meta file, it's probably not going to work.

It should still use the same values we can copy-paste into the handling file though.

SonofUgly

It should still use the same values we can copy-paste into the handling file though.

Yeah you can definitely do that (I did for my handling mod), it just takes quite a long time if there's a lot of values changed per car.

Myztikvl_Trvplxrd

I would mod closed interiors, cars and some weapons.

Agni

Yeah you can definitely do that (I did for my handling mod), it just takes quite a long time if there's a lot of values changed per car.

Still, it should only be...what, 10 minutes or so? Each vehicle has its own lines. You can just copy the lines from the mod into the handling file of the PC version in chunks, skipping over the DLC/Update vehicles.

SonofUgly

Still, it should only be...what, 10 minutes or so? Each vehicle has its own lines. You can just copy the lines from the mod into the handling file of the PC version in chunks, skipping over the DLC/Update vehicles.

More like an hour or two, depending on what's changed. There's 200-250 handling lines, and they're sorted like so.

Just sayin, it's not going to be as easy and quick as maybe you were hoping (unless someone makes a script) and doing something like using IV's handling.dat isn't as straight forward as some people are thinking.

happyc

10K cookies to the person whoever puts those.

bbs_rs___6_colors_by_fabler_3dworks-d6vr

Crocodile Hunter

put these on a slammed golf mk2 and I'll love you 5ever

happyc

Nono, go for stock mk2, i want to slam it ingame and install theseee ingame. :p

Crocodile Hunter

Nono, go for stock mk2, i want to slam it ingame and install theseee ingame. :p

oh damn, I completely forgot about the ingame customization since I was used to GTA IV mods :D someone needs to replace all the customization options with real-life after market parts as well as a more customizable performance parts mod. Maybe even a mod to tune the engine? XD

xenoshin256

• Cops in this game are tough, that's fine, but there is one advantage cops have that always tips the edge of their favor, constant, barrage of spawning. Too generous. So to make this game balanced, cops should only spawn to their designated locations, namely their headquarters from all over San Andreas.

Shotguns should reload fully or until you fire a shot, interrupting the reloading process. Same should go for NPCs who wield them.

Complex weapon classes, like battle rifles, semi-auto rifles, semi-auto shotguns, anti-material rilfes, recoiless rifles and revolvers. Every weapons should have different functions.

Weapons locker storage in safe houses, trunks in your personal vehicles, or a phone call from your personal arms dealer, like Little Jacob. With the ability to carry all weapons disable, player should rely on prepping up for a mission or operation.

Dynamic hand-to-hand, brawling system. Mechanics includes grappling, throwing, ground beatdowns, blocking, and different fighting styles. It wouldn't hurt if this game has beat-em-up elements in this game. Rockstar Leeds once implement this sort of system when developing GTA: Vice City Stories and it was consider to be one of the biggest changes in the series to date.

Sawn-off shotgun in this game should either be based off a two shot, double barrel shotgun or a four shot, Serbu Super Shorty. Big difference compare to the one in-game.

Different armor system. Instead of acting like second health bar, it should behave like a damage buffer. Each armor should show different strengths and weaknesses, like which armor offers certian protection in cost of limited mobility, stamina, or even concealability if needed.

More NPC's status behavior other than dead. Such as knocked out, wounded, intoxicated, asleep, and even showing wide arrange of emotions like panic state or recklessness.

Looting system, along with crafting. For example crafting IEDs, Molotov cocktails, pipebombs, etc.

Alvarez

^Is it just me, or were you playing FOnline before?

Blue

I'm gonna mod the entire map. Or just some peds and cars, and weapons.

KidBosnian

NOOB HERE. Sooo since Rockstar essentially confirmed that Director mode is on the PC version, doesn't that mean we don't really need a trainer? There are probably things that the trainer can do that the director mode can't, but really isn't it just spawning models, animals, changing weather and making a scene? I think the director mode offers all of that. Do we really need a trainer?

Alvarez

NOOB HERE. Sooo since Rockstar essentially confirmed that Director mode is on the PC version, doesn't that mean we don't really need a trainer? There are probably things that the trainer can do that the director mode can't, but really isn't it just spawning models, animals, changing weather and making a scene? I think the director mode offers all of that. Do we really need a trainer?

Yes.

Because Director Mode probably covers not all functions required.