Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,185 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

rollschuh2282

Hi guys. I am new to modding and I have a question about installing one add-on car. This is the car mod I'd like to install in case you need to see for yourself - https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/mazda-rx7-fc3s-tunable

Now, there's a instruction readme file in the rar file which goes like this:

add line below to dlclist " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> "

Create a folder named fc3s here "mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch" add content.xml

Create a folder name fc3s here "mods\update\x64\dlcpacks" add dlc.rpf

I understand the last two instructions, but I don't understand the first one. - add line below to dlclist " <Item>dlcpacks:\fc3s\</Item> " What does that mean? How do I do it and where do I do it as I don't know where the ''dlclist'' is? Can someone please explain it to me step by step?

go to mods/update.rpf/common/data and open the dlclist.xml.

and then put the line from your mod under the patchday14 entry i think.

done

Edited by rollschuh2282

Jimmy_Leppard

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

Alvarez

I am concerned that with next update, after the force menu thing, Rockstar will develop more radical measures against modifications, so if you haven't backup your files, i'd suggest everyone to do so.

Claude_Lib

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

Edited by Claude_Lib

WildBrick142

Say what again? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for about a week, is there an update incoming? And what "force menu thing" you talking about? You mean how they remotely removed the Character Transfer button?

Force menu is a mod menu that's been wrecking GTA Online for the past month or so. You can see what it can do here.

azzzovoxo

Thanks @Claude!

ikt

I took some time polishing up the class I used for my menu. Went from this:
cbzrmw.png to this: wwlovz.png

Almost looks about as passable as NativeUI, no? :D I just need to also replace the highlighting with some texture drawing. Maybe give it some more width and decrease font size.

Also what would be a sensible way to draw textures/sprites on top of each other? The menu I use didn't use sprites except for checkboxes and some arrows, but it was all drawn on rectangles so it didn't need to worry about drawing order. Replacing those rectangles with textures did change a bit, so I now put the draw calls into a vector to execute after all bottom drawing has been done. Not sure how this affects performance though, but I couldn't think of any other way to draw stuff on other stuff, with the bottom layer background height and coordinates being dependent on the number of option rows.

Edited by ikt

martinlm

Hello guys. I was having some really fun with Natural Vision 2.2 (my first one ever installed)

Then. Wild crash appeared

Yesterday i was still able to track the issues over the ingame mod's menu (show log option)

Today, the log is empty :/

This is what i remember

warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

I also remember mentions to DOF.fx and UnsharpMask.fx. Yellow coloured lines stating issues on those files, and some werid coordinates.

Question is: is this fixable? or should I rather not to waste my time? Im asking this before uninstalling the mod and installing all over again

Thanks bruhs. I do really appreciate it your help

Edited by martinlm

spaceshape

R.I.P Rage Modding (2008-2017).

I'm completely new to mods in this game, and have only reinstalled it few days ago after a year break.

Could anyone recommend me a few basic mods (not the tools, I got that part I think) I might like? I'm not into new cars or guns, or generally ridiculous addons, just general gameplay improvements (I remember last time I played singleplayer, one thing I was annoyed with was the fact I couldn't select a default car even with a garage full of modded ones).

Basically, anything that makes the gameplay more fun, possibly more realistic in some aspects, or something like that.

zanesix

I'm completely new to mods in this game, and have only reinstalled it few days ago after a year break.

Could anyone recommend me a few basic mods (not the tools, I got that part I think) I might like? I'm not into new cars or guns, or generally ridiculous addons, just general gameplay improvements (I remember last time I played singleplayer, one thing I was annoyed with was the fact I couldn't select a default car even with a garage full of modded ones).

Basically, anything that makes the gameplay more fun, possibly more realistic in some aspects, or something like that.

World of Variety, RDE (or CPRE if you think it's too extensive), and IVPack are my go-to's. For that personal vehicle thing, I found this script. It's a bit old, but it should still work. And I can't go without mentioning Simple Trainer just to make sure you have it.

Interesting. Thanks.

I am still unsure how to approach the mods site. Obviously it's better to go through every single page, but there are lots of similar mods, outdated mods and the like.

Phantom934

I want to know the different between menyoo and Map editor(And I want to know are the map .xml files Compatibility; are .xml files supports both menyoo and Map editor; because In menyoo I have load each maps manually when Map editor can load it automatically; and I didn't have the "BEST" menyoo version for my .877.1 and menyoo keeps error on mid-gaming althrough it's working)

⁣V⁣

What's the best skin control menu?

For ex. if I want to save my online character and load the exact same features from the skin control. menyoo doesn't seem to save everything.

Matticus88

Hi. I have a question about adding mods. If i add mods to my Single player game, such as the "premium deluxe motorsport car shop" and the "mpgunrunning in SP" mods so i can use the new vehicles in Single Player, will that prevent me from being able to play online without deleting the mods before doing so? I don't want to risk my online account for any mods. i don't know if single player mods have an affect or not.

rollschuh2282

Hi. I have a question about adding mods. If i add mods to my Single player game, such as the "premium deluxe motorsport car shop" and the "mpgunrunning in SP" mods so i can use the new vehicles in Single Player, will that prevent me from being able to play online without deleting the mods before doing so? I don't want to risk my online account for any mods. i don't know if single player mods have an affect or not.

ALWAYS remove your Mods when you want to go in online.

Matticus88

Ok thank you.

⁣V⁣

You can't even go online with mods installed. "You're attempting to access GTA Online with an alternate version of the game".

but always use the mods folder and don't actually edit anything directly without backup.

Also, I'd recommend the Mod Enabler. it's basically a .bat file that asks you if you want to enable/disable mods.

here's the code if you're too lazy to download it:

@echo offrem Thanks for downloading my launcher, feel free to take a look at/borrow anything you find in hererem Wow, its been a while since 1.3.6, hasn't it? - At the time of writing, about a year!rem GTA 5 Mod Enabler 1.4.3set "version=1.4.3"rem See if the current directory has the GTA5 files:[email protected] offcd /d "%~dp0"if exist GTA5.exe (	if exist common.rpf (		if exist x64a.rpf (			goto updatecheck)		)	) else (		title Please put this file in Grand Theft Auto V's root directory		echo Please put this file in Grand Theft Auto V's root directory		echo:		echo:		pause		goto end		):updatecheckrem I've decided to add an update check section, it checks the version number against a number in a file hosted on my github.rem It does this by downloading the .txt file, and comparing %version% to the number in the text file. Once the number has been compared, the file is deleted, and depending on the outcome, the script will continuerem or open the gta5-mods page. Unfortunately (unless I'm told otherwise by a gta5-mod admin), I doubt it would be allowed for me to just auto-update the script by downloading it directly from github, as anything submittedrem has to be approved by gta5-mods admins. Another alternative would be to auto-download from the gta5-mods site, and unzip into the gta 5 folder using a .vbs. I'd need a way to get the latest zip though - I've added @rappo on Skype to further explore this possibility.rem Here, we're setting the variable updatetemp to be a text file in the temp directory with 4 randomly generated strings as its nameset updatetemp="%TEMP%\%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%.txt"rem Bitsadmin is a utility that allows us to download files via http/https through the commandline. I'd rather use wget, but not everyone has it installed (proabaly a very small amount of my userbase do tbh)bitsadmin.exe /transfer "Update" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FaZeIlLuMiNaTi/GTA5ModEnabler/master/Version.txt %updatetemp% > nul 2> nulrem Here's a failsafe for anyone that might not have internet access, or if github goes down. It will check for the temporary file, and if it doesn't exist, continue with the launcher, but tell the user that there was an issueif not exist %updatetemp% (	set "updateerror=echo There was problem checking for updates"	goto start)rem Instead of using direct matching, we're comparing the current version number to the new version number. This is a friendlier way of doing things in my opinion.set /p newversion=<%updatetemp%rem If the current version is greater than or equal to (>=) the new version, delete the temporary file, and contine with the launcherif %version% geq %newversion% (del %updatetemp%goto start)rem If the current version is less than (<) the new version, tell the user that there's an update available, and send them there in their default browserif %version% lss %newversion% (echo There is an update available!echo Current version: %version%echo Available version %newversion%title Please update to the latest versionstart https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gta-5-mod-enabler-bat/del %updatetemp%pause)goto endrem Main menu:[email protected] offclsset "curpath=%cd%"title FaZe IlLuMiNaTi's Mod Enabler %version%echo Welcome to FaZe IlLuMiNaTi's Mod Enabler %version%%updateerror%echo:if not exist disabled echo Mods are currently enabledif exist disabled echo Mods are currently disabledecho:echo Would you like to enable or disable your mods?echo:echo Enable mods: 1echo Disable mods: 2echo Skip to the end: 3echo:choice /n /c 123 /m Pick:if errorlevel 3 goto launchoptionif errorlevel 2 goto uninstallif errorlevel 1 goto installrem Enabling mods:[email protected] offclsmkdir disabled > nul 2> nulcd disabledrem All filesmove *.* .. > nul 2> nulrem Foldersmove menyooStuff .. > nul 2> nulmove scripts .. > nul 2> nulmove plugins .. > nul 2> nulmove ExecuteCode .. > nul 2> nulmove Logs .. > nul 2> nulmove SweetFX .. > nul 2> nulmove enbseries .. > nul 2> nulrem Cleaningcd ..attrib -h "mods"rd disabled > nul 2> nulgoto launchoptionrem Disabling mods:[email protected] offclsif not exist disabled mkdir disabled > nul 2> nulrem Basic filesmove *.asi disabled > nul 2> nulmove *.log disabled > nul 2> nulmove *.ini disabled > nul 2> nulmove *.sav disabled > nul 2> nulmove *.file disabled > nul 2> nulmove *.xml disabled > nul 2> nulmove Readme.txt disabled > nul 2> nulrem ScriptHookVmove dinput8.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove ScriptHookV.dll disabled > nul 2> nulrem ScriptHookVDotNetmove ScriptHookVDotNet.dll disabled > nul 2> nulrem GTALuamove lua.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove luabind.dll disabled > nul 2> nulrem DrDaxxy's FOV modmove dsound.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove fov-log.txt disabled > nul 2> nulrem Menyoomove menyooLog.txt disabled > nul 2> nulrem RageHookmove cursor_32_2.png disabled > nul 2> nulmove DefaultSkin.png disabled > nul 2> nulmove FW1FontWrapper.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Gwen.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Gwen.UnitTest.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove LMS.PortableExecutable.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Mono.Cecil.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Mono.Cecil.Mdb.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Mono.Cecil.Pdb.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove Mono.Cecil.Rocks.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove RagePluginHook.exe disabled > nul 2> nulmove SlimDX.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove XInput1_4.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove GameBackups.rph disabled > nul 2> nulmove startup.rphs disabled > nul 2> nulrem SweetFXmove dxgi.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove ReShade.fx disabled > nul 2> nulmove Sweet.fx disabled > nul 2> nulrem ENBrem Thanks to TwixyUnleashed for pointing out my mistake here move d3d11.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove d3dcompiler_46e.dll disabled > nul 2> nulmove enblightsprite.fx disabled > nul 2> nulmove enblocal.ini disabled > nul 2> nulmove enbseries.ini disabled > nul 2> nulmove license_en.txt disabled > nul 2> nulmove readme_en.txt disabled > nul 2> nulmove hbaosettings.xml disabled > nul 2> nulrem Experimental .exe movingrem We're using robocopy to move all .exe files, apart from GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and PlayGTAV.exerobocopy *.exe . disabled /xf GTA5.exe GTAVLauncher.exe PlayGTAV.exe /mov > nul 2> nulrem Foldersrem Can't move OpenIV's mods folder because it would be quite large in most situationsrem Making files hidden insteadattrib +h "mods"move menyooStuff disabled > nul 2> nulmove scripts disabled > nul 2> nulmove plugins disabled > nul 2> nul move ExecuteCode disabled > nul 2> nulmove Logs disabled > nul 2> nulmove SweetFX disabled > nul 2> nulmove enbseries disabled > nul 2> nulgoto launchoptionrem Choose what to do next:launchoptionclstitle Launch?echo Thanks for using FaZe IlLuMiNaTi's Mod Enablerecho:if not exist disabled echo Mods are now enabledif exist disabled echo Mods are now disabledecho:echo Would you like to launch Grand Theft Auto V now?echo:echo Launch Grand Theft Auto V with High Priority: 1echo Exit without launching: 2echo Return to the start: 3echo Launch Grand Theft Auto V: 4if exist "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\GTA5 Mod Enabler.lnk" (	echo:	choice /n /c 1234 /m Pick:	if errorlevel 4 goto launch	if errorlevel 3 goto start	if errorlevel 2 goto end	if errorlevel 1 goto launchhigh	) else (		echo Make a shortcut to this script on the desktop: 5		echo:		choice /n /c 12345 /m Pick:		if errorlevel 5 goto scut		if errorlevel 4 goto launch		if errorlevel 3 goto start		if errorlevel 2 goto end		if errorlevel 1 goto launchhigh		)rem Create a shortcut to the desktop using a temporary vb script:[email protected] offset SCRIPT="%TEMP%\%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%.vbs"echo Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") >> %SCRIPT%echo sLinkFile = "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\GTA5 Mod Enabler.lnk" >> %SCRIPT%echo Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile) >> %SCRIPT%echo oLink.TargetPath = "%curpath%\Mod Enabler.bat" >> %SCRIPT%echo oLink.IconLocation = "%curpath%\GTA5.exe" >> %SCRIPT%echo oLink.WorkingDirectory = "%curpath%" >> %SCRIPT%echo oLink.Save >> %SCRIPT%cscript /nologo %SCRIPT%del %SCRIPT%clsrem Launch the newly create shortcutecho Shortcut created, relaunching in 2 seconds!timeout /t 2 /nobreak > nulrundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\GTA5 Mod Enabler.lnk"goto endrem Check what version of the game the user has and launch it:launchif exist RagePluginHook.exe (	if exist Gwen.dll (		start RagePluginHook.exe		goto end )	) if exist steam_api64.dll (	if exist steam_appid.txt (		explorer steam://rungameid/271590		goto end )	) if not exist steam_api64.dll (	if not exist steam_appid.txt (		if not exist PlayGTAV.exe (			start GTAVLauncher.exe			goto end )		)	)if not exist steam_api64.dll (	if not exist steam_appid.txt (		if exist PlayGTAV.exe (			start PlayGTAV.exe			goto end)		)	)rem Check what version of the game the user has and go to that section:launchhighif exist RagePluginHook.exe (	if exist Gwen.dll (		goto launchragehookhigh )	) if exist steam_api64.dll (	if exist steam_appid.txt (		goto launchsteamhigh )	) if not exist steam_api64.dll (	if not exist steam_appid.txt (		if not exist PlayGTAV.exe (			goto launchpiratehigh)		)	)if not exist steam_api64.dll (	if not exist steam_appid.txt (		if exist PlayGTAV.exe (			goto launchsocialhigh)		)	)rem Launch the game through Steam with High Priority mode:launchsteamhighexplorer steam://rungameid/271590clstitle Leave this window open, it will close automaticallyecho Leave this window open, it will close automaticallygoto processdetectrem Launch the game through the R* warehouse launcher with High Priority mode:launchsocialhighstart PlayGTAV.execlstitle Leave this window open, it will close automaticallyecho Leave this window open, it will close automaticallygoto processdetectrem I dont support piracy, but I understand why people do itrem Launch the game through the pirate launcher with High Priority mode:launchpiratehighstart GTAVLauncher.execlstitle Leave this window open, it will close automaticallyecho Leave this window open, it will close automaticallygoto processdetectrem RageHook:launchragehookhighstart RagePluginHook.execlstitle Leave this window open, it will close automaticallyecho Leave this window open, it will close automaticallygoto processdetectrem Detect the process "gta5.exe" before starting the 60 second counter, this could potentially help people with slow PCs:processdetecttasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq gta5.exe" | find /i "gta5.exe" >nul && (echo GTA5.exe detected, waiting 60 secondstimeout /t 60 /nobreak > nulwmic process where name="GTA5.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority" > nul 2> nulwmic process where name="gtavlauncher.exe" CALL setpriority "idle" > nul 2> nulwmic process where name="PlayGTAV.exe" CALL setpriority "idle" > nul 2> nulwmic process where name="subprocess.exe" CALL setpriority "idle" > nul 2> nulgoto end) || (goto processdetect)rem Welp, what do you expect, its the end...:end
Just paste it on a .txt file and rename it to .bat

Edited by --V--

Dock

Anyone here good with Reshade? I've been using NaturalVision:

KhQ7TwQ.jpg

Look at the area around the radar: its been cleared of (what I assume is) the overlay effect. I understand why this was done (to leave the radar clear of any effects) but it doesn't work on my resolution/aspect ratio. I tried looking for a setting in the in-game reshade menu but I couldn't find anything. Any tips on where I could adjust this setting?

Claude_Lib

If you're talking about that bright rectangle around the minimap, then it has nothing to do with fade out effect removal, it's a bug with ReShade and it happens on my 16:9 1080p as well. I actually thought it was fixed, apparently not.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Dock

Well that sucks, thanks for explains though! It isn't too distracting thankfully.

CRAZY AL WARD

Hey, Quick Question About FiveM: Are You Able To Play It While You Also Have Different Mods Installed?

Example: Dani02's Greenwood Added to the game, Am I Still Able To Play FiveM?

Thanks for Reply In Advance

fbrown2700

script hook no longer works after game update

RM76

Yeah y'know it's not like this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME AN UPDATE COMES OUT.

Tuskin38

You are the millionth person to say this.

EddieLTU

does anyone know if it's easy to add more music to radio stations, or it's hardcoded? Maybe there could be some solution since BCR got a new addition with the latest update.

rollschuh2282

does anyone know if it's easy to add more music to radio stations, or it's hardcoded? Maybe there could be some solution since BCR got a new addition with the latest update.

no, we would need to edit the audio config files or the game doesn´t know how to use them

and they are uneditable

Edited by rollschuh2282

Mark91

Do you know how I can do to change the texture of a .yft format livery, such as those of the Sultan RS or Banshee 900R?