2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Clxbsport

GTA V General Modding Discussion

P2FX

R* could just go for the easiest solution: add a Mods folder like many games out there and tell people to put their custom content in there and they will only be load when play SP, then use strict file check on the game itself to ensure that it cannot be modified in anyway.

Aleph-Zero

R* could just go for the easiest solution: add a Mods folder like many games out there and tell people to put their custom content in there and they will only be load when play SP, then use strict file check on the game itself to ensure that it cannot be modified in anyway.

Rockstar doesn't have to do anything. It was always up to the community to do it and we never had a problem with it.

†Tyranick†™

Hello folks,

We are at OpenIV team working hard to bring you GTAV modding features as soon as possible.

GTAV have so much potential for modding, and we hope to open this potential for you.

Currently we are making progress in research, you can watch this here on our GTAForums topic or follow OpenIV at YouTube.

I hope GTAV will have golden age of modding, and hope we will not ruin GTAOnline experience for anyone.

Awesome to know! Research FTW :D. I'm sure the possibilities will be wide and varied, for me, like in my list, a lot of the "fun" that was removed from GTA V was just silly things that i think a few simple tweaks, will make it a whole lot better! Such as my constant nagging about Diggers/Dumptruck/Dockloader being stronger and not blowing up cars when you "crush" them.

Like, I NEVER understood why the dozer was so much stronger, at least you can blow up a few cars before it takes too much damage and blows up it self but meh, it shouldn't be like this:

It made it un fun, I'll forever harp on about it until either I or someone mods it out completely cars exploding from crush/crash/landing not on 4 wheels AND the construction vehicles to be make tons tons stronger.

Vice Beach

So excited to see what the community will do with the PC version.

Mista J

Can't wait for sh*t like this to start popping up. :lol:

toy_story_gta.png

Mods like these shouldnt be done to a GTA game.cmo wtf is this how old are u guys..

I'm sorry Mr. Adult.

CzlowiekDrzewo

All I need in GTA V is Simple Native Trainer to do some crazy stuff in single-player.

Lemans

I want a Zombie mod for GTA V, but not the usual zombie mod, I want a zombie mod consisting in a world full of mindless raging Trevors you have to fight to survive. That's what I want.

Clxbsport

I read on previous posts that a mod folder is a good idea, like EA's Shift series. The thing is, it would be a bit difficult because IIRC the mods folder in most games only ADD content to the game, not replace any existing ones. The best workaround for now is to replace the existing game files (like vehicles.rpf for cars).

GooD-NTS

I read on previous posts that a mod folder is a good idea, like EA's Shift series. The thing is, it would be a bit difficult because IIRC the mods folder in most games only ADD content to the game, not replace any existing ones. The best workaround for now is to replace the existing game files (like vehicles.rpf for cars).

They already have this thing working with update.rpf and update folder in Max Payne 3. You just put the file into update.rpf (or update folder) and game will use it instead of original files. As I can see now on consoles versions in GTAV we will have same update feature and I hope we will able to use it for modding purposes.

Twilight Sky

I'm thinking maybe increase stock influence when blowing up things like GoPostal or something. Ya know, make going on company destruction sprees more meaningful. As of now, doing so doesn't affect the stocks very much.

So like 1 truck = -$10.00(default game setting is like -$0.10 as an example) on stocks or something like that.

Wayno717

So were all excited that GTA V has been announced for PC PS4 and Xbox One but i wanna talk about the first mods i wan't to see when it comes out.

I really hope to see some nice game play features be added maybe more cars, first person some fun stuff like the tsunami mod stuff like that however i do not wanna see god dam HD texture mods. I mean this game is being HDed all ready and would love to see some HD texture in the future like a year or so. We see this is every game that comes out the first mods to come out are always Re textures are you not happy with the work Rockstar has put out. They didn't just copy and past the last gen version instead remaking it.

I can understand if the game does look sh*tty but from the Videos and screen shots from a PS4 version i can safely say that this game looks amazing.

Some people may disagree but the share fact of HD mods that come out once the game is released is horrible. I really wanna see a first person mod or Re textures of cars like the SA modding community did change a vehicle to a different one. Any way That's my opinion

TORO Y MOI

ICENHANCER

Coin

There's quite a few games these days where files in the mods folder will replace existing game files. Whether or not that happens here remains to be seen.

Clxbsport

There's quite a few games these days where files in the mods folder will replace existing game files. Whether or not that happens here remains to be seen.

We can wish for that. It's a hassle having to go start up a program like OpenV (lel xD ) and having to skim through files just to make a Sentinel XS to an M3 or Michael into Niko.

ENBs and iCEnhancers are very exaggerated, this game is already very HD, made in 2011-2013 and enhanced in 2014. HD retextures, like what someone above said, aren't necessary at all. The only question we have is whether or not the new mods will work okay and not cause bugs (someone replacing the BeeJay XL or the standard Sentinel should be worried).

SonofUgly

someone replacing the BeeJay XL or the standard Sentinel should be worried).

That brings up a point that I don't want to see with V modding - modders putting instructions to replace cars in their readmes, instead of adding. Someone figured out how to add (not replace) vehicles in IV years ago, but it's not as common knowledge as it should be.

I've been playing around with V, and it's the same thing - you don't have to replace cars to add new ones.

Took the airtug, copied it and renamed the copy to 'test' and changed some things.

TEKwmJy.png

Still some things to work out - like we don't have access to carcols and carvariations (#mt files), which is why it's black. Also doesn't have audio for some reason, I'm pretty sure horn/siren is controlled through carcols and carvariations - so sound might just be because of that too.

Also, this is done through update.rpf, and by making a patch for vehicles.rpf, so it's just like what GooD said about MP3.

Clxbsport

That brings up a point that I don't want to see with V modding - modders putting instructions to replace cars in their readmes, instead of adding. Someone figured out how to add (not replace) vehicles in IV years ago, but it's not as common knowledge as it should be.

I've been playing around with V, and it's the same thing - you don't have to replace cars to add new ones.

Took the airtug, copied it and renamed the copy to 'test' and changed some things.

TEKwmJy.png

Still some things to work out - like we don't have access to carcols and carvariations (#mt files), which is why it's black. Also doesn't have audio for some reason, I'm pretty sure horn/siren is controlled through carcols and carvariations - so sound might just be because of that too.

Also, this is done through update.rpf, and by making a patch for vehicles.rpf, so it's just like what GooD said about MP3.

Nice add there. But the thing I don't like about adding is because 1) tons of instructions 2) trouble with spawning and 3) game crashing. It also ruins if you wanna add a car pack that adds new REAL LIFE cars then what you only see on the streets are usually GTA clones. It ruins the variety of cars on the streets. I don't want to be stuck with a Tailgater forever in my GTA V lifetime.

PhillBellic

TEKwmJy.png

Nice add there. But the thing I don't like about adding is because 1) tons of instructions 2) trouble with spawning and 3) game crashing. It also ruins if you wanna add a car pack that adds new REAL LIFE cars then what you only see on the streets are usually GTA clones. It ruins the variety of cars on the streets. I don't want to be stuck with a Tailgater forever in my GTA V lifetime.

I'll adopt a hybrid approach in regards to vehicles. I will definately be replacing police/emergency with their real life counterparts and as for added cars I'll see what interests me.

Cheers.

bensons

a tarmac racetrack would be nice like CEA speedway

VIPΣR

Rockstar should release a RAGE Creation Kit, because it would make modding alot easier. The first thing I will do is open those freakin locked interiors.

Antaxi

Hello folks,

We are at OpenIV team working hard to bring you GTAV modding features as soon as possible.

GTAV have so much potential for modding, and we hope to open this potential for you.

Currently we are making progress in research, you can watch this here on our GTAForums topic or follow OpenIV at YouTube.

I hope GTAV will have golden age of modding, and hope we will not ruin GTAOnline experience for anyone.

We modders don't ruin it, it is people using our tools that do this. I guess with V it becomes even more of a problem, as with IV there were non competitive game modes (free and party) which were perfectly suitable for mods. As a result, we could limit our mods to those two modes, later on Rockstar added isolation which added a second layer of protection.

That second layer of protection is probably the only line of defense now, and for sure it will be broken.

Blaim the users, not the creators please :)

simple solution would be to ensure the modding tools don't conflict/work with Online.

If R* use their heads and create separate launch exe's for SP and Online it would stop the whole SP2MP switching thing, installing SP and MP to separate folders would make even more sense, but we know R* won't pay any attention to that, but they should if they want to protect Online.

I enjoy GTA modding and have for a long time, but Online is sacred to me and personally I don't want to see it ruined by modding, but it will be.

as for who to blame ................................. without the tools, modders can't mod ;)

Thats brain dead

you want separate Data files for online and single player

its almost 45gb for single player

and + 45gb more for online WTF!

i see only two solutions (at this time)

you play with mods without internet connections and online

or you play online and forget about modding goods

Antaxi

All I need in GTA V is Simple Native Trainer to do some crazy stuff in single-player.

oh just imagine... you went online but forget turn off trainer -BANHAMMER! :lol:

Edited by Antaxi

K20

just heard about the PC release... soo overwhelmed with happiness.

OT: Simple native trainer is what i'm waiting for. and i'm happy for life. everything you need. forever.

Edited by K20

Luna Lovegood

toy_story_gta.png

Mods like these shouldnt be done to a GTA game.cmo wtf is this how old are u guys..

I'm sorry Mr. Adult.

Prepare your childhood become ruined.

289ympe.jpg

ZZCOOL

toy_story_gta.png

I'm sorry Mr. Adult.

Prepare your childhood become ruined.

289ympe.jpg

it's funny pewdiepie made that video because i told him about the mod oh the memories

Ubermacht

Can't wait to mod the PS4 exclusive content onto my 60fps/1080p GTA V. :)

Gforce

Hello folks,

We modders don't ruin it, it is people using our tools that do this. I guess with V it becomes even more of a problem, as with IV there were non competitive game modes (free and party) which were perfectly suitable for mods. As a result, we could limit our mods to those two modes, later on Rockstar added isolation which added a second layer of protection.

That second layer of protection is probably the only line of defense now, and for sure it will be broken.

simple solution would be to ensure the modding tools don't conflict/work with Online.

If R* use their heads and create separate launch exe's for SP and Online it would stop the whole SP2MP switching thing, installing SP and MP to separate folders would make even more sense, but we know R* won't pay any attention to that, but they should if they want to protect Online.

I enjoy GTA modding and have for a long time, but Online is sacred to me and personally I don't want to see it ruined by modding, but it will be.

as for who to blame ................................. without the tools, modders can't mod ;)

Thats brain dead

clearly not a long term GTA modder, as you completely fail to understand the reasoning behind it and seem to think HDD space is important when it comes to modding, n00b !!,

and told you a million times before not to exaggerate, GTAV install is less than 18gb, and most of that is massive cutscenes and audio files, even Hi res nex gen will be less than 25GB

as for you other guys talking about ADDING cars, you're missing the biggest clue's ever to adding anything to GTA V, the DLC pack slots can be used, we have the ultimate mod installer built into the game ;)

Delta India Echo

it's funny pewdiepie made that video because i told him about the mod oh the memories

Why. Just why.

OT:

Well I will start by retexturing Chop into a white staffordshire (model is consistent) because that's what my real dog is.

Next? Change all the weapon models/attachments to high quality stuff from GB.

After that... it will be endless possibilities, I am so f*cking hyped.

Edited by Delta India Echo

Antaxi

how it will help protect online against users modshow it will help protect online against users mods

Hello folks,

Thats brain dead

clearly not a long term GTA modder, as you completely fail to understand the reasoning behind it and seem to think HDD space is important when it comes to modding, n00b !!,

and told you a million times before not to exaggerate, GTAV install is less than 18gb, and most of that is massive cutscenes and audio files, even Hi res nex gen will be less than 25GB

as for you other guys talking about ADDING cars, you're missing the biggest clue's ever to adding anything to GTA V, the DLC pack slots can be used, we have the ultimate mod installer built into the game ;)

okay...how it will help, how it protect online,cuz gta online will be against user mods. obvious

rockstar need make (utilites,steamworks etc)something for Pc version modding

Antaxi

yeah it will help

dxivilea

Why the f*ck can't your just buy the game from steam and use that copy to play the online and then torrent and crack another gta which would be completely offline and use it to mod the f*ck out of it. It's not wrong since you already paid for the game...