Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shane_Dbns

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

JohnWeazel

Are you free aimers aware of these things called FREE AIM ONLY lobbies? I realize your elitist minds are not so good at problem solving, but if you weren't aware, they have lobbies just for you!

No need to make the ENTIRE game free aim just because a few people like to play a little more hardcore. Especially when they give you the option to have a lobby were it's only free aim.

who-dat

"Assisted" aim says it all. You need the game to help you. :sigh: Next we'll have assisted driving to get you around that corner that you can't get around yourself. Maybe even assisted apartment buying too, because buying an apartment yourself is much too hard. :p

Join us. Pick a new set of lies. Ours are better.

QFT

and that sig is nice too!

waters

Too many sh*tters play with auto aim, never seen the point, you do know that if you actually try aiming you will get better in other/future games that might not have auto aim

Miss Malevolent

Too many sh*tters play with auto aim, never seen the point, you do know that if you actually try aiming you will get better in other/future games that might not have auto aim

That's assuming it will go that direction. I hate to break it to the "hardcore" gamer types, but you are a dying breed. Casual gamers far outnumber you now. And one thing casual gamers hate is frustration. And if I'm running a gaming company, trying to make as much bank as possible, I'm not going to cater to the niche group, I'm going to go after the "I play a couple hours a week" crowd.

waters

That's assuming it will go that direction. I hate to break it to the "hardcore" gamer types, but you are a dying breed. Casual gamers far outnumber you now. And one thing casual gamers hate is frustration. And if I'm running a gaming company, trying to make as much bank as possible, I'm not going to cater to the niche group, I'm going to go after the "I play a couple hours a week" crowd.

Yeah I noticed this, with the likes of battlefield where you can buy unlocks straight from the start, but hey if these people are happy that's all that matters right

But IMO what's the point

Sir Michael

Screw that... the free-aim mechanics in this game are close to terrible! I've played FA for months and it's still a bit of a nightmare, especially with the A.I respawn cheese, seemingly 100% accuracy, etc. Even if GTA V runs 60 FPS on next-gen, the animations still make FA too slow because by the time you get to aim down your sights, you're already going to get clapped by 10 NPCs that decide to quit playing hide and seek the second you poke out of cover...

Maybe if they implemented a shooter aim-assist system like this, then I'd be all in for a no lock-on system, but even then, R* needs to tone down the A.I to allow this to become a possibility :

Miss Malevolent

But IMO what's the point

I couldn't tell you. I don't believe in paying for intangibles. I pay for the game, and maybe DLC or Add Ons, but I'll never pay for in game cash or buy levels or the rest. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Vooodu

Are you free aimers aware of these things called FREE AIM ONLY lobbies? I realize your elitist minds are not so good at problem solving, but if you weren't aware, they have lobbies just for you!

No need to make the ENTIRE game free aim just because a few people like to play a little more hardcore. Especially when they give you the option to have a lobby were it's only free aim.

FREE AIM ONLY? Really? That exists? :panic:

Hey news flash smart guy... We know.

I hate AA but i spend more time in AA then FA... Not because i want to..

But because eveyones in AA... I enjoy racing, some co-op missons and some pvp. Finding that in FA is like finding a f*ckin' needled in a haystack.

Also... Free aim is just manual aim.. Which is basically normal aim in 99% of games today.

Theres nothing hardcore about manual aim. Its just part of the game.

Hate to break it to you. But manual aim is not hardcore... And this is not even about casuals.

Being a casual gamer does mean you need to use AA.

JohnWeazel

But because eveyones in AA... I enjoy racing, some co-op missons and some pvp. Finding that in FA is like finding a f*ckin' needled in a haystack.

Also... Free aim is just manual aim.. Which is basically normal aim in 99% of games today.

If you "know" that it exists, then there's no reason to cry about making the entire game free aim only. You stay in your own lobbies, everyone else will stay in theirs. If you have a problem finding a lobby in free aim then it just shows how few people play it.

ktek01

Pff, they are not ghost towns. But most people are pretty good in free aim, because if you get slaughtered for some time, you step up or flee back to auto aim, where there are more average players.

I played gdsaqq last night, he smoked me pretty good, cause he's better. I can accept that and try to do better next match. Most people don't have that patience or determination.

Then what is the problem? Free aimers playing with the people they want to play with, auto aimers playing with the people they want to play with. I mainly play Auto because thats where my friends are, but free aim is fun too. Auto aim lobbies seem to be more chaotic and faster paced, where free aim is more of a stalking and waiting game. Either one the player better at figuring out where the other players are and seeing them first usually wins regardless of aim type. A free aim radar off lobby would be fun, once in a while, but more often I like the chaos in auto aim.

Miss Malevolent

Hate to break it to you. But manual aim is not hardcore... And this is not even about casuals.

Being a casual gamer does mean you need to use AA.

That's an opinion, and you're entitled to it. At the same time, you're contradicting yourself.

In previous discussions you have said that auto-aim is insulting as you don't want a computer aiming for you. Thus, you are saying that it is easier to use.

Easier to use being a common equalizer for anyone to just pick up the game and shoot without using any skill.

Hardcore has nothing to do with it being hard, it has to do with something that one can not just pick up and do without practice and time and effort. I'm saying most people aren't interested in the frustrations whatever they may be.

You are a dying breed. You don't want the game aiming for you. You are the minority of opinion...and if I'm a gaming company, I'm uninterested in placating you. I'm interested in the folks that just want to point in a general direction and shoot.

Vooodu

If you "know" that it exists, then there's no reason to cry about making the entire game free aim only. You stay in your own lobbies, everyone else will stay in theirs. If you have a problem finding a lobby in free aim then it just shows how few people play it.

I still have to swap to pansy ass AA to play the other game modes. But thanks for the pep talk :p.

You offer nothing... You are just telling me exactly what i known since day one. And is one of the biggest reason i hate R* games.

People in general are dumb... They will play the easiest mode and swarm to the easiest missions with the highest payouts.

Sure.. its hard to find games in FA. But in AA i have to quit more games because everyone is hosting CRAP. Coveted.. Coveted.. Roof top Rumble.. Coveted. Back in OCT... Criminal records.. criminal records.. criminal records.. down the drain. WTF?

I dunno what i hate more... R* for its bad choices or its player base.. ?

As this point i think the only real reason people avoid FA is because a few extra seconds to aim is tooooo long. Like the idiots the see one solid sentence and spew out TLDR. What? Move dot myself to aim?? Tooo Long couldn't aim.

You are a dying breed. You don't want the game aiming for you. You are the minority of opinion...and if I'm a gaming company, I'm uninterested in placating you. I'm interested in the folks that just want to point in a general direction and shoot.

Dying breed? What? :D

No offense but.. 99% of all pvp/online type games don't have AA. If anything R*s AA is the true dying breed and the minority. And thank f*ckin god for that.

Im only the minority in GTA. And to be honest.... I hate every single f*ckin second it AA. Thats why i never get out of my bullet and let players kiss my bullet proof ass. No locky for that bitch. Blow me up or f*ck off.. Bottom line.

Cameron

You know what's hilarious?

We're telling these auto-aimers they are casual.

But then you realise...

...Even ANGRY F*CKING BIRDS uses free-aim.

How do you auto-aimers feel when Angry Birds players are better at games than you?

Angry Birds players. Six year olds. A six year old understands the concept of playing a game themselves. And you don't.

Wow.

No, honestly. Wow.

Edited by Lazyboy.

iBUCKEYE

lol that's the thing though, there's nothing "hardcore" about aiming a gun yourself. That's called playing the game.

And I seem to remember that philosophy being used in Halo 4...how'd that end up for them?

Miss Malevolent

No offense but.. 99% of all pvp/online type games don't have AA. If anything R*s AA is the true dying breed and the minority. And thank f*ckin god for that.

Im only the minority in GTA. And to be honest.... I hate every single f*ckin second it AA. Thats why i never get out of my bullet and let players kiss my bullet proof ass. No locky for that bitch. Blow me up or f*ck off.. Bottom line.

Well, if dinosaurs were self aware, I'm sure some of them wouldn't have believed the inevitable was happening until it happened. I think it's the same in this case.

And the sale numbers for Rockstar games, doesn't bear out your theory on it being a dying entity. But time will tell...but it's pretty clear the direction the gaming industry is heading in. Thus, the endless threads from hardcore gamers who being the vocal minority that they are, raging about the state of the gaming industry.

lol that's the thing though, there's nothing "hardcore" about aiming a gun yourself. That's called playing the game.

And I seem to remember that philosophy being used in Halo 4...how'd that end up for them?

I don't see how using auto-aim isn't playing the game. Your opinion is, that it isn't. But when I load up the game...I'm playing the game regardless of the mechanics in said game.

Edited by Miss Malevolent

ninjaontour

3 pages for this thread, wow.

What a load of utter nonsense.

Skylan

Like I keep saying... If Rockstar could be bothered to make the free-aiming, you know, GOOD, plenty more people would play it that way. I WANT to play GTA free-aim, but it sucks. Even without the aimbot A.I., it's awful and awkward.

The people saying auto-aim takes more skill than free-aim.... no. Just no. Stop.

And to the people who want auto-aim banned purely because free-aim lobbies are empty.... Seriously? There's a reason most people play AA, and it's not because the option to switch is "hidden", that's just dumb. it's because free-aim SUCKS. Like I said, I WISH free-aim was good, because games are more fun that way. But there are so many things standing in its way here in GTA, that AA is just the preferred option.

Vooodu

Well, if dinosaurs were self aware, I'm sure some of them wouldn't have believed the inevitable was happening until it happened. I think it's the same in this case.

And the sale numbers for Rockstar games, doesn't bear out your theory on it being a dying entity. But time will tell...but it's pretty clear the direction the gaming industry is heading in. Thus, the endless threads from hardcore gamers who being the vocal minority that they are, raging about the state of the gaming industry.

Its not HARDCORE to aim manually.. Thats just playing the game.

And like i said.. 99% of the games don`t have auto aim. WHich to me is just proves of who the real dinosaurs are.

Miss Malevolent

And like i said.. 99% of the games don`t have auto aim. WHich to me is just proves of who the real dinosaurs are.

Your appeal to popularity logical fallacy aside (99% of games are this so I'm right)...

Auto-Aim is just playing the game. The mechanic is in the game...thus it is a part of the game, thus I am playing the game.

You need to divorce the notion, that a person not playing the game the way you choose to play it, is the same as not playing the game.

Skylan

Where the crap are you guys getting this 99% thing? BOTH of you? I seriously doubt the line between having/not having free-aim is THAT skewed to either side.

Miss Malevolent

Where the crap are you guys getting this 99% thing? BOTH of you? I seriously doubt the line between having/not having free-aim is THAT skewed to either side.

I'm getting the 99% from Voodoo. I'm repeating his statistic...that doesn't mean I believe it. More to the point, his statistic verified or not, does not make his point valid...as it is nothing more than a logical fallacy meant to obfuscate the discussion.

Vooodu

Your appeal to Popularity logical fallacy aside (99% of games are this so I'm right)...

Auto-Aim is just playing the game. The mechanic is in the game...thus it is a part of the game, thus I am playing the game.

Hey.. You`re the ones thats confused. You said it.. I just proved you wrong.

Go ahead and name all the big NAME games being played with multiplayer, guns and pvp that have Auto Aim. Go ahead.. :D.

Besides. AA is not playing the game.. Its simply NOT. You are not aimming.. Bottom line, you are opting to not aim. Which basically a way of saying `NooOO i don`t wanna play`.

Miss Malevolent

Hey.. You`re the ones thats confused. You said it.. I just proved you wrong.

Go ahead and name all the big NAME games being played with multiplayer, guns and pvp that have Auto Aim. Go ahead.. :D.

Besides. AA is not playing the game.. Its simply NOT. You are not aimming.. Bottom line, you are opting to not aim. Which basically a way of saying `NooOO i don`t wanna play`.

I'm playing the game as intended. Even buying cash cards (something I won't do) is playing the game as intended as these are options put in by Rockstar.

If I were hacking the game, I would not be playing the game as intended, if I were glitching the game, I would not be playing the game as intended.

Because I choose to keep the default setting on a game and not choose to change the default setting does not mean I am not playing the game as intended.

You have to come to grips with the fact that your opinions and how you play a game are not fact.

As to the appeal to popularity...Rockstar games are Rockstar games. When you installed and agreed to their EULA, you agreed to play the game as outlined by them. Comparing them to other gaming companies and their gaming engines are a moot point and only a means to obfuscate the real and salient point, which is, you don't agree with how Rockstar caters their games to the "lowest common denominator".

What I don't understand is, if you hate the game so much? Why continue playing it? This is a serious question.

Charles_Lee_Raye

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.

Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

This game is not or never was a 3rd person shooter as you said. It has elements of a 3rd person shooter yes but that is one smal part of the game. It would be equivalent to saying GTA is a Racing game. No its not a Racing game ewither but haselements of a Racing game.

Do you see where this is going? GTA is more than a shotting game and thats why the game mechanics are the way they are and will prob never change. This is a multifaceted action adventure game with a million side games built in.

Did Socom have golf and tennis and car Racing??? No because it was a 3rd person shooter game....

Cameron

Don't be an elitist. Let there be choices. Why anyone would want choices removed is beyond me. It reeks of elitism.

Free aim is standard in most third person shooters so I don't think of free aim as 'Elite'.

Okay what if free aim was set as default but you could still choose auto aim if you wanted?

This game is not or never was a 3rd person shooter as you said. It has elements of a 3rd person shooter yes but that is one smal part of the game. It would be equivalent to saying GTA is a Racing game. No its not a Racing game ewither but haselements of a Racing game.

Do you see where this is going? GTA is more than a shotting game and thats why the game mechanics are the way they are and will prob never change. This is a multifaceted action adventure game with a million side games built in.

Did Socom have golf and tennis and car Racing??? No because it was a 3rd person shooter game....

Saints Row uses free-aim.

Just Cause 2 uses free-aim

Sleeping Dogs (if I remember correctly) uses free-aim

Fallout uses free-aim

Far Cry uses free-aim

Dead Rising uses free-aim

Elder Scrolls uses free-aim

Your point is invalid.

Edited by Lazyboy.

RoyalRedXIII

Not sure who's even saying what anymore, but I will say the SAME things I said earlier, seeing as how this has gotten nowhere:

-free aim and auto aim are separated, no one is stoping free aim players from free aiming, so there should have been no reason to even bring this up

-if free aiming people are upset because they can't get enough people to play it, that's tough nuts. Plain and simple.

-if you can think of a game that has a better aiming system, or that you just like better than GTA, then GO PLAY SAID GAME AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT WHAT ROCKSTAR IS/ ISNT DOING. Rockstar is doing what's best for them by appealing to the most customers in how they tailor their gameplay mechanics.

-free aim DOES NOT take more skill than auto aiming. Just DIFFERENT skills.

-Free aim focuses on having steady hands, emphasizing precision and accuracy. It's about how wel you can hit your mark. Auto (assisted aim) handles the accuracy for you, so it puts more emphasis on reflexes, but still makes use of precision. It may seem easier to most players because reflexes are a more natural skill than maintaining a steady hand. But it's not a matter of MORE SKILL, just DIFFERENT SKILL.

-those who make the mistake of thinking auto aim takes NO work, get lazy. You can bet that those people don't do to well, and get killed more often than not.

-those who realize free aim stil takes some work, arguably not as much as free aim, most likely do better, considering that you are still in control of precision.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

sultangris

Yeah I noticed this, with the likes of battlefield where you can buy unlocks straight from the start, but hey if these people are happy that's all that matters right

But IMO what's the point

true dat, however no one hardcore games on a console anyway, PC is where the hardcore gamers play!

iBUCKEYE

But IMO what's the point

true dat, however no one hardcore games on a console anyway, PC is where the hardcore gamers play!

Oh sh*t...a FA vs AA/PC vs Console hybrid.

Activate sh*t storm thread lock containment protocol.

RoyalRedXIII

Lol at thee above post. Good call.

JUX

If you want GTA to be like other shooters, then JUST PLAY OTHER SHOOTERS. Rockstar will continue to do what's best for them.

Free aim and auto aim sessions are alredy separated anyways, and nobody is stopping you from playing free aim.

Free aim players want it changed because the free aim lobbies are ghost towns, which should pretty much answer the original question.

Lol that makes sense. I wouldn't know, haven't been to one in a while. Since you have the option to STILL free aim with assisted aiming on, they need to stop all that nonsense about getting rid of free aim.

But honestly, according to their own logic "free aim players have more skill." By that same reasoning, you'd think that a free aim player could easily cross over and wipe out everyone in auto-aim by using auto aim right? Has that been happening? As far as I kno, it hasn't.

That's cause free aim doesn't use more skill, just different skill. I'm tired of that worn out argument.

That might be the most stupid comment I have ever read. The reason Free Aim people don't just switch to Auto Aim and wipe everyone out is because it's all completely random. Auto Aim takes NO SKILL AT ALL. All you have to do is hold LT whenever you are by someone and spam RT. That's it. My little cousin (who is 10) and all of her little friends get kills all the time on Auto Aim servers, but she can not even begin to play on Free Aim servers because she gets wiped out without ever getting a kill. If you like to play on Auto Aim Servers that's fine, but don't even begin to act like Auto Aim takes skill. That's completely laughable.

Edited by JUX