2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shane_Dbns

Should Next Gen Gta:Online be Free aim only?

Captain Hammer

Please lets end this whining about free aim, the GTA population has voted with their feet! No one plays it! The lobbies are mostly empty!!

Just get rid of it already..

The few Amish players left can move to the mountains and have knife fights and impress each other with their "skills" :blink:

scrublord

PC should never have any sort of aim assist.. yet they will probably give it auto aim again..

who-dat

free aim is less realistic

Really? So IRL, I can pull out my Taurus 9mm and auto-lock onto my target? My 12gauge can auto-lock onto clay pigeons? How do I do it?!? Is there an 'easy' button like on those commercials?!?

I guarantee im better in real life than you are with gta free aim, lol

No one asked if you were a better shot IRL, unless you're using some kind of real-life aimbot, in which case, where an I get one?!?

Shaundi.

Saints Row 2 & 3 did free aim better because NPCs (gangs, police & STAG) didn't use an aim bot.

B3astGTS

- I already covered this in a previous post but apparently the message didn't get through. You put out a opinion without any supporting rationale. I also shared an opinion, but with a supporting rationale.

-Aiming Fascist......ok. As far as your actual comment, I've been playing since GTA 1 (didn't have auto aim by the way).

Yes, I removed the irrelevant parts as well.

Saying, other games use a "better aiming" system, is not a supporting rationale. That is the very definition of a logical fallacy (appeal to popularity). So no, your opinion is still simply an opinion. Nothing more or less. Why this is hard for you to grasp? I'll answer, cause you can't handle dissenting opinions. Most mature adults can.

Your GTA1 (Other things GTA1 didn't have,3D modeling, street level viewpoint, character customization, also not a modern day third person shooter as we don't play the game from an eagle-eye viewpoint.) comment was another attempt at facetiousness and has no bearing on the discussion at hand. I would have removed it as well, but it was such a silly statement, I needed to address it.

Maybe you'll actually get what I wrote correct at some point in this thread. I said the aiming was outdated when you compared it other games featuring shooting and other similar games in the genre. Outdated in the terms that other games don't need auto-aim to have satisfactory shooting mechanics. You can disagree with the supporting rationale if you want and that's fine. You on the other hand have yet to provide any supporting rationale for your opinions. I'm fine with dissenting opinions that have a rationale, but you can apparently only provide opinions without a rationale (which makes your opinions nonsense).

As far as the GTA 1 comment not being relevant, let's start by reposting your comment: What amazes me is the fact that so many of you aiming fascists can't handle or deal with Rockstar's outdated aiming system...that has been in how many iterations of GTA, but you keep coming back to the well, plunking down those dollars I guess for the right to bitch and moan how GTA isn't trying to be like all the other GTA clones out there.

Since you missed the point the last time I'll go into more detail so that you can (hopefully) comprehend what I write this time. I was responding to the section of your comment that's in bold above. I keep coming back because I'm a fan of the GTA series and have been playing since the first game was released. As far as the auto aiming system, it was not in GTA 1 or 2. When they did implement it starting with GTA 3, I had no issue as GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were single player games (co-op date option in San Andreas excluded). I'm against it in IV and V as far as it being available in the competitive multiplayer modes. I have no problem with it being available in single player or in co-operative modes so your statement of not being able to handle or deal with it is off base at least when it comes to me. To expand upon the point, I "went back to the well" in GTA V hoping they would improve upon the multiplayer. Finally, in the part of my last post that you removed, I stated that I would not be "going back to the well" as far as Rockstar is concerned because I find the time sink they turned GTA V multiplayer into unappealing.

sultangris

Really? So IRL, I can pull out my Taurus 9mm and auto-lock onto my target? My 12gauge can auto-lock onto clay pigeons? How do I do it?!? Is there an 'easy' button like on those commercials?!?

No one asked if you were a better shot IRL, unless you're using some kind of real-life aimbot, in which case, where an I get one?!?

haha, just pointing out how sh*tty console free aim is in regards to realism

Miss Malevolent

Maybe you'll actually get what I wrote correct at some point in this thread. I said the aiming was outdated when you compared it other games featuring shooting and other similar games in the genre. Outdated in the terms that other games don't need auto-aim to have satisfactory shooting mechanics.

Really slow now, how is what you stated here, NOT an opinion?

The rest is meaningless to the topic as it is nothing but a straw man. Once again, you can't accept your opinion as nothing more than that...now you throw in yet ANOTHER logical fallacy because you can't handle dissent.

Edited by Miss Malevolent

B3astGTS

Maybe you'll actually get what I wrote correct at some point in this thread. I said the aiming was outdated when you compared it other games featuring shooting and other similar games in the genre. Outdated in the terms that other games don't need auto-aim to have satisfactory shooting mechanics.

Really slow now, how is what you stated here, NOT an opinion?

The rest is meaningless to the topic as it is nothing but a straw man. Once again, you can't accept your opinion as nothing more than that...now you throw in yet ANOTHER logical fallacy because you can't handle dissent.

Really? I'll break it down one more time for you. The opinion is that the system is outdated. The rest is supporting rationale. Other games in the genre (Saint's Row IV as an example) have shooting systems that work without full on auto-aim. They have moved beyond full on auto-aim. GTA is an outlier in terms of it's auto-aim system.

Can you name a non rockstar game that is similar to GTA that's been released within say the past 2-4 years that has had a full on auto-aim system?

Miss Malevolent

Really? I'll break it down one more time for you. The opinion is that the system is outdated. The rest is supporting rationale. Other games in the genre (Saint's Row IV as an example) have shooting systems that work without full on auto-aim. They have moved beyond full on auto-aim. GTA is an outlier in terms of it's auto-aim system.

Can you name a non rockstar game that is similar to GTA that's been released within say the past 2-4 years that has had a full on auto-aim system?

So your supporting rationale is another opinion? Because your opinion that other games that don't use auto aim are somehow better is what, a fact? Based on what?

You can't use an opinion to bolster another opinion and say that's rational. WTF?

Edited by Miss Malevolent

brose_sfr

are you guys gonna kiss?

[continues to eat popcorn]

RoyalRedXIII

..... I thought this was settled like 2 pages ago. What is there STILL left to say? Smh.

johnwontscore

Yeah, very romantic. Lol

FelipeSCCP

4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553

lazyassedlover

Free aim lobby, you and your opponent both have free aim

Auto aim lobby, you and your opponent both have auto aim

It's a level playing field either way

It funny reading you free aimers claim its harder when they are both equal because your both fighting opponents on a level playing field, there's no advantage, in 1v1 battles not matter the aim type the skilled player wins

Some people are so dumb

lazyassedlover

Actually assisted aiming is more realistic, irl you would mentally lock on to your target and take shots, not fire wildly trying to find as hit your target, in the game you see your enemy, lock on, then move your crosshair to their head or whatever is exposed, it's a slight adjustment that takes skill to kill before being killed, simple as that, you free aimers talking about real life better not play with the radar on

B Dawg

Because they aim their game at the majority, not the minority.

GTA sells because it's GTA, because it allows you to do anything. Hell if it didn't have all these ugly supercars, crappy pop station and maybe even auto-aim, I'm sure it would have sold just as well. It was the mass marketing, the fact that it's a super well known series and hype that sold the game, even though it's sub-par in quality to previous GTAs for some of us. People adapted to GTA IV despite it's so called 'difficult driving'.

Actually assisted aiming is more realistic, irl you would mentally lock on to your target and take shots, not fire wildly trying to find as hit your target, in the game you see your enemy, lock on, then move your crosshair to their head or whatever is exposed, it's a slight adjustment that takes skill to kill before being killed, simple as that, you free aimers talking about real life better not play with the radar on

Yet irl, weapons have weight (imagine having to hold an LMG in your hands and go full-auto), a lot of recoil, more bulletspread, gravity pulling down your bullets, bullet speed which GTA or any other open world game doesn't have because weapons are hit-scan. Therefore, aiming is the least you could do.

Edited by B Dawg

Zwenkwiel

lol

the accuracy on most pc games is just downright ridiculous and nowhere near realistic.

it's like every human is some assembly robot able to aim up to the micrometer within miliseconds

sort of like auto-aim, only on pc there's a difference in player skill, auto-aim aims equal for every1.

take 10 people who play PC shooters a lot, have them shoot targets in a game than put them on the range for real

do the same with people who play console shooters

NOW DO NOT MISTAKE THIS NEXT BIT FOR FANBOYISM OR EVEN ME SAYING ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AS YOU IDIOTS USUALLY DO

I'm willing to bet that if you compare the results the people on consoles would come a lot closer to their real life results

whereas the PC players would most likely score way higher on the PC than they could ever do IRL.

think it's safe to say which would more accurately portray reality

TheIllaDopest

Hell no, did that guy up there just say AA is like real life???

Im done...

sultangris

lol

the accuracy on most pc games is just downright ridiculous and nowhere near realistic.

it's like every human is some assembly robot able to aim up to the micrometer within miliseconds

sort of like auto-aim, only on pc there's a difference in player skill, auto-aim aims equal for every1.

take 10 people who play PC shooters a lot, have them shoot targets in a game than put them on the range for real

NOW DO NOT MISTAKE THIS NEXT BIT FOR FANBOYISM OR EVEN ME SAYING ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AS YOU IDIOTS USUALLY DO

I'm willing to bet that if you compare the results the people on consoles would come a lot closer to their real life results

whereas the PC players would most likely score way higher on the PC than they could ever do IRL.

lol, gonna have to disagree with that statement. more likely they would both be equally sh*tty at it in real life because neither one is anywhere close to real. if anything the console users would be worse cause more little kids play console, lol

SuperJude™

To bad genetically modified foods are good and have been feeding the world for over 100 years, lol

^^^^^^

Clearly this person uses Auto Aim.

theNGclan

No. This thread isn't needed and serves no valid purpose. There are two types of players in the game and forcing them to be playing together wouldn't really be fair. Just because one is less "skilled" than the other doesn't mean they are inferior to you or your "BAD ASS AIMING NO MISSES TOPJEJ" play style.

So yeah, No.

Zwenkwiel

lol

lol, gonna have to disagree with that statement. more likely they would both be equally sh*tty at it in real life because neither one is anywhere close to real. if anything the console users would be worse cause more little kids play console, lol

I never said one would be better, i'd say the console group's score would be closer to their real life results

so you saying they'd be equally sh*tty doesn't contradict anything I said

they very well may be (though I'd geuss pc players would score better IRL than the console players)

but that's not the point

it was about the difference in score between the 2 tests

even if the 2 groups scored the exact same at the real shooting test IRL, the PC group would probably score higher in the game due to the increased control a mouse and keyboard gives them

so the difference in accuracy would be higher than with the console group

which leads us back to where we started, console shooters are more realistic because the accuracy rate of any given player is a lot closer to their real accuracy

whereas PC shooters allow players to achieve super human accuracy, which isn't exactly realistic.

Edited by Zwenkwiel

lazyassedlover

Hell no, did that guy up there just say AA is like real life???

Im done...

You're done? Thank God

FasterThanYou

Forgetting about hardware and aiming modes for a second, it's quite telling what GTA5 changed compared to 4 regarding bulletspread. In GTA4 if you held automatic fire with and LMG, after the first 3 shots accuracy would plummet massively. So bursting and even shooting single separated shots with automatic weapons was useful depending on the distance.

In GTA5 the accuracy from any weapon is massive even in automatic fire mode. There's absolutely no reason to use bursts or even single shots. There was much talk about dumbproof driving physics but we also got dumbproof shooting... And people still want an aimbot to take over, when there's barely anything to do... It's sad.

Edited by FasterThanYou

sultangris

lol

I never said one would be better, i'd say the console group's score would be closer to their real life results

so you saying they'd be equally sh*tty doesn't contradict anything I said

they very well may be (though I'd geuss pc players would score better IRL than the console players)

but that's not the point

it was about the difference in score between the 2 tests

even if the 2 groups scored the exact same at the real shooting test IRL, the PC group would probably score higher in the game due to the increased control a mouse and keyboard gives them

so the difference in accuracy would be higher than with the console group

which leads us back to where we started, console shooters are more realistic because the accuracy rate of any given player is a lot closer to their real accuracy

whereas PC shooters allow players to achieve super human accuracy, which isn't exactly realistic.

ah, i guess i misunderstood. I see now what you were thinking, but youre still wrong. Its far more likely that the majority of both groups would have the same results. Moving your thumbs or your whole arm to play a game in no way whatsoever translates into any skill using a real gun, lol!

Jerry JeBibbler

No it shouldn't be free aim only, and frankly it won't be. I don't think they would change such a major aspect of the game. It's just better graphics.

B Dawg

Forgetting about hardware and aiming modes for a second, it's quite telling what GTA5 changed compared to 4 regarding bulletspread. In GTA4 if you held automatic fire with and LMG, after the first 3 shots accuracy would plummet massively. So bursting and even shooting single separated shots with automatic weapons was useful depending on the distance.

In GTA5 the accuracy from any weapon is massive even in automatic fire mode. There's absolutely no reason to use bursts or even single shots. There was much talk about dumbproof driving physics but we also got dumbproof shooting... And people still want an aimbot to take over, when there's barely anything to do... It's sad.

Finally someone that mentions the bullet-spread, it's the little detail nobody bothers to talk about but they still say 'shooting mechanics improved', my ass.

RaceKingX

Hi. Just popped in again to say, "No. This idea is bad and you should feel bad*."

(*you should not actually feel bad)