2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LightningLord

Police Improvements!

am30

There's nothing wrong with the cops as they currently are.

The cops only go up to 8 in GTA O. They need to go upto 11. :evilgrin:

iBUCKEYE

The cops in this game drive me nuts. They have robocop aim and spidey senses, and can keep up with a super or sports car, yet at the same time they do the dumbest

Vehicles

I think the LSC mechanic and the people that sells you clothes are snitches.They must have put in a tracker in your shirt so that LSPD know where you are at all times.LSPD act like they are searching for you so they can get up close without spooking you and shotgun you out of the blue,taking your car to the impound.

Maybe throw in Far Cry 3's stealth system?Like throw a rock or hiding in deep bushes (like LS have a lot of bushes lol).

xXepicjasaXx

great idea

cuti8tushu

This is more of a "nerf" rather than an improvement. An improvement would be them fixing the lag. I always see the cops lag out and disappears or brakes then accelerates then brakes again so on so forth.

BrokenLizard

This is more of a "nerf" rather than an improvement. An improvement would be them fixing the lag. I always see the cops lag out and disappears or brakes then accelerates then brakes again so on so forth.

This is apart of that improvement. There are many aspects to it.

This is definitely one of them.

Dan_Houser_Official

What would be even better is:

NERF THE SHOTGUN COPS DAMAGE AND ACCURACY. :panic:

UP9390

They need to make the Police Chopper spawn different. Make the chopper spawn at the helipad and fly towards the suspects last known location. That or a unit that is already airborne could be re-routed to the chase.

A Maned Wolf

They need to make the Police Chopper spawn different. Make the chopper spawn at the helipad and fly towards the suspects last known location. That or a unit that is already airborne could be re-routed to the chase.

So, just like GTA IV?

Jesus, every time I play GTA IV, I see just how much R* has backpedaled in the content department.

Edited by A Maned Wolf

LightningLord

Anyone else notice a couple weird things about the N.O.O.S.E? Like how at 4 & 5 Stars they don't use the Police Riot. Instead they use the Granger. If you're on the highway going over 100 MPH, would you want to be on the outside of a vehicle prone to traffic? I doubt in real life they make SWAT soldiers just hang outside an SUV while chasing a guy. Why not at low speeds they are on the outside as normal and when going at high speeds they hop inside the SUV? And fun fact. The N.O.O.S.E. Soldiers on the outside of a police SUV use pistols to shoot you. Half the time I die from them and they pass me going over 100 MPH. Damn. Talk about accurate.

Biohazard Abyss

I find it stupid that they drive SUVs in general, while in older GTAs they were in Enforcers, and only in riot vans in GTAIV.

LightningLord

I think it would be better if the SUV's didn't have soldiers on the side. And actually use the Police Riot. I remember in GTA IV the police used the Enforcer for both pursuits and roadblocks. And if you have 5 stars there are soldiers in the back of the Enforcer that shoot when they are in front of you. But if you had 4 they wouldn't shoot. But in GTA V the Police Riot is only used for roadblocks. And they just shoot the hell out of you anyways.

MilezDawg

There's nothing wrong with the cops as they currently are.

The cops only go up to 8 in GTA O. They need to go upto 11. :evilgrin:

Go to 11 ? Like the amps Spinal Tap used to get that extra boost of sound. There's went to 11

Fun 2
<Patch>  // Milliseconds , convert it to seconds 	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">0</Item> // Clean Wanted Level 	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">30000</Item> // 1 Wanted level 	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">37500</Item> // 2 Wanted level 	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">40500</Item> // 3 Wanted level 	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">50625</Item> // 4 Wanted level	<Item verb="POST" uri="/MultiplayerHiddenEvasionTimes?insert">74250</Item> // 5 Wanted level </Patch>

Wanted levels :

1 = You will need to hide for 30 seconds then you are safe from cops .

2 = Hide for 37.5 seconds .

3 = Hide for 40.5 seconds .

4 = Hide for 50.625 seconds .

5 = Hide for 74.25 seconds .

- - - -

1 Wanted level :

<WantedLevel1>			<DispatchServices>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="4"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_CAR</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceBoat</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="3"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_BOAT</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>			</DispatchServices>		</WantedLevel1>

They will send 4 npcs in a police car and 3 in police boat .

2 Wanted level :

<WantedLevel2>			<DispatchServices>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_CAR</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceBoat</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="3"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_BOAT</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>			</DispatchServices>		</WantedLevel2>

6 npcs in police cars and 3 in police boat .

- - - -

3 Wanted level :

<WantedLevel3>			<DispatchServices>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="8"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_CAR</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceHelicopter</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="3"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_HELI_1</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceRoadBlock</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="2"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_CARS</Dispatch>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_SPIKE_STRIP</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceBoat</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_BOAT</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>			</DispatchServices>		</WantedLevel3>

They will send 8 npcs in a police cars and 6 in a police boats and 3 in police helicopter and they will start try to block you .

- - - -

4 Wanted level :

<WantedLevel4>			<DispatchServices>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_CAR</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_SwatAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>SWAT_JEEP</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceHelicopter</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="3"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_HELI_1</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_SwatHelicopter</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="5"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_HELI_1</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceRoadBlock</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="4"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_CARS</Dispatch>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_RIOT</Dispatch>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_SPIKE_STRIP</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceBoat</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_BOAT</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>			</DispatchServices>		</WantedLevel4>

- - - -

5 Wanted level :

<WantedLevel5>			<DispatchServices>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_CAR</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_SwatAutomobile</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="6"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>SWAT_JEEP</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceHelicopter</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="3"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_HELI_1</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_SwatHelicopter</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="5"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_HELI_1</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceRoadBlock</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="4"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_CARS</Dispatch>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_RIOT</Dispatch>						<Dispatch>POLICE_ROAD_BLOCK_SPIKE_STRIP</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>				<Item>					<DispatchType>DT_PoliceBoat</DispatchType>					<NumPedsToSpawn value="9"/>					<DispatchVehicleSets>						<Dispatch>POLICE_BOAT</Dispatch>					</DispatchVehicleSets>				</Item>			</DispatchServices>		</WantedLevel5>

Fun 2

+ For cops :

<AutomobileSpeedModifier><Min value="0.500000" /><Max value="1.000000" /><ValueForMin value="0.000000" /><ValueForMax value="0.020000" /></AutomobileSpeedModifier><HeliSpeedModifier><Min value="0.300000" /><Max value="0.700000" /><ValueForMin value="0.000000" /><ValueForMax value="0.300000" /></HeliSpeedModifier>

This is set by native set_vehicle_forward_speed .

They can set their forward speed between 0.5 to 1.0

Its dynamic , when the cops chase you the game will get coords between your vehicle and cops vehicles and set the forward speed for cops vehicles .

Edited by funmw2

ArcadeWilliamz

The cops can find you easily because they wear invisible night vision goggles.

UP9390

It would be nice to see the Police Riot used sometimes, also: Perhaps make the FIB Agents (Not the FIB SWAT) spawn at 3-4 Stars in both the FIB Buffalo and FIB Granger? FIB SWAT could show up at 5 stars. The FIB Agents and the FIB SWAT don't even respond, it's just the NOOSE using the FIB Granger and the Sheriff's SUV. Better yet, why does the Annihilator not even respond on V when the NOOSE comes?

LightningLord

It would be nice to see the Police Riot used sometimes, also: Perhaps make the FIB Agents (Not the FIB SWAT) spawn at 3-4 Stars in both the FIB Buffalo and FIB Granger? FIB SWAT could show up at 5 stars. The FIB Agents and the FIB SWAT don't even respond, it's just the NOOSE using the FIB Granger and the Sheriff's SUV. Better yet, why does the Annihilator not even respond on V when the NOOSE comes?

Oh yeah! They used it in GTA IV!

Biohazard Abyss

I miss the FIB agents from Vice City in their FIB cheetah :L

AlexSniperBullet

Weren't those undercover feds?

Biohazard Abyss

Yessir.

A Maned Wolf

Yessir.

And they were clothed like Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice.

GR Choke

great ideas!!!!

ky1e1792

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the times when the army came after you.

Lee Everett

A 2 minutes wait is a long time (way too easy), I think it's fine how it is. If you look at actual police chases and such, it's incredibly hard to actually escape. Those choppers are on you almost 24/7, many which can even detect body heat.

lilpokerface

I remember in single player doing the first intro mission and Michael says "Slow down! We don't want to attract attention" I was like, this is sooo awesome!! You can commit a crime and get a wanted level, and if they didn't see what car you drove off in, well then you'll be ok as long as you don't speed or break traffic laws within sight of the police. Lies. B.S. Disappointment.

MilezDawg

I always looked at those two cops in the Cheetah as a Tubbs and Crockett, Miami Vice parody, not the FIB.

Gutslab

police dlc/wishlist/improvement thread #173610

Carbonox

Police improvements, you say? How about giving them some funny lines of dialogue for a change?

LightningLord

Police improvements, you say? How about giving them some funny lines of dialogue for a change?

I miss having air support say:

- Pilot 1: "I can see my house from here!"

- Pilot 2: "Will you shut the f**k up?"

I recall hearing it in an older GTA game.

Edited by LightningLord411