1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future map additions

TEENWULF

If they ever decide to do this its not going to be Liberty city it will most likely pay homage to the original SA and add in San Fierro and Vegas

i remember seeing a image posted in 2008-2009 of what the GTA V map was expected to be from Rockstar... and one half of the map was really similar to what we have now... but it had additional islands to the right... basically double the size...

Could you show us?

I posted it on this board before and it seemed noone cared then... lol... if i can find it ill post

2ekltt4.png

well before GTA V was announced, they had a conference where they released information that the next gta after GTA 4 was going to be GTA Paradise City.

Now, note how similar the left side of the map is to the GTA V map... even down to the location of Mt. Chilliad.

SecludedMemory

I don't see a reason to expand the map when 80-90% of the people stay in Los Santos the majority of the time as it is. The map is already too large for 16 players, and most people aren't even really interested in leaving L.S. very often (for whatever reason, I personally love Blaine County), and adding another town/city would just spread the action even thinner. What R* needs to do is just add more depth to the world we have, like building interiors and adding much more to do north of Los Santos. Free roam jobs like drugs/arms smuggling at the Sandy Shores/Grapeseed airports (imagine air drops with people trying to shoot you down), delivering 'meat' to the Altruists, and I'd even like to see "legal" delivery missions like the beer truck runs to the bar in Paleto Bay, which were enough of a challenge to complete without other players trying to kill you. So basically I'd like to see a lot of the single player business jobs in free roam, which would undoubtedly liven things up a whole lot. Lack of free roam jobs has been a complaint for a while, and single player has plenty that would make a great transition to online.

I'd be more for expanding the map on the next-gen consoles when free roams will likely have more players filling them, but right now I just don't think 16 is enough people for a larger map. Like I said - more immersion and additions (construction) to what we have is cool with me.

2ekltt4.png

well before GTA V was announced, they had a conference where they released information that the next gta after GTA 4 was going to be GTA Paradise City.

Now, note how similar the left side of the map is to the GTA V map... even down to the location of Mt. Chilliad.

Aside from the general shape of the map (city at the bottom, desert middle, mountains at top) there are a lot more differences than similarities in my opinion. I definitely don't think that's an indication that something like the right side is going to be added to the PS3/360 version of GTA V, especially considering it's about twice as big as the left island.

And y no Blue Ball air races :(

Edited by SecludedMemory
  • Like 2

I mean, it seems as if this was clearly a beta version of what they wanted to do with the game. the island is defanitley similar, it just seems they had to rethink the design and cram everything into the one smaller island..

I agree though due to the lagging/freezing we expirience its quite an indication the game is already being pushed the its limit. i couldnt imagine this happening on ps3/360

i would def be interested in a next gen version of the game with more detail.

Edited by H8GodMode

I mean, it seems as if this was clearly a beta version of what they wanted to do with the game. the island is defanitley similar, it just seems they had to rethink the design and cram everything into the one smaller island..

I agree though due to the lagging/freezing we expirience its quite an indication the game is already being pushed the its limit. i couldnt imagine this happening on ps3/360

i would def be interested in a next gen version of the game with more detail.

It has some similarities, but it is way different :-)

However City of Paradise is rumoured dlc for gta v, which takes place in Las Venturas.

You might be on to something here lad! ^^

However not this map; but it fits in my claim that we will see a full San Andreas in the future.

I still think we will first see Northern San Andreas.

Other states like Liberty amd Alderney state and North and South Yankton could be implemented by using the airport.

Edited by ivarblaauw

2ekltt4.png

Ha! You seriously telling me that map is an official product of R*?? It looks like some 12 year old has gone nuts in MS Paint!!

There really is no hope is there...

2ekltt4.png

Ha! You seriously telling me that map is an official product of R*?? It looks like some 12 year old has gone nuts in MS Paint!!

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Air your opinion by all means, but why be a dick about it? Grow the feck up

As long as they include Vice City, either the first or second addition, preferably first, I will be happy.

Would be sweet to hop on a plane, personal or public, and fly to another city.

2ekltt4.png

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Air your opinion by all means, but why be a dick about it? Grow the feck up

I'm the dick? Haha you're the schmuck who actually believes there will be an additional island!!

Besides, am I wrong in what I said? Does that map seriously look like the product of R*? It's hardly got their style or professionalism has it now? Exactly.

Just go play what massive game you've already been given you spoilt little teenybopper asshole.

"Spoilt teenybopper asshole"

I'm 34 you idiot and I've worked hard for 17 years for everything I have.

Yeah and I'm prince William, and also Superman in the real world...

See what I did there?

yes... if people took the small little san andreas ticket hint in GTA IV serious

then i suggest you wander around the airport on foot and take a look at all the little hints...

no one ever knew we would have a seperate area like north yankton as small as it is (and for the mean time inexcesible) i'd imagine they could have similure or larger areas in the future... most likely though you will end up going to the airport and there would be a loading screen of an airplane traveling to the area instead of an attached island you get to go to manually....

Edited by LurkingLurker

See what I did there?

something dumb?

See what I did there?

something dumb?

Well, if there was anyone who was ever a master at knowing about "dumb" it would be you sir.

I shall leave you to owning the "knowledge" of things being "dumb". Stand proud.

See what I did there?

something dumb?

Well, if there was anyone who was ever a master at knowing about "dumb" it would be you sir.

I shall leave you to owning the "knowledge" of things being "dumb". Stand proud.

I truley just guessed. I have no idea of what flame war nonsense is going on here :). All im seein is some MS paint nonsense and people calling each other dumb

Edited by Winning001

First of all: stop the fight. Please. It will only get this topic locked.

Ot:

The map is probably fake or a concept for 3D universe. Which had these kind of maps.

Imo:

Even if this map is fake, there are quite a few hints for Northern San Andreas, or other cities/islands.

You can search these yourself on the world wide web ;-) IMO there is way enough evidence for this. But you have to decide for yourself.

And how we whine or b*tch. GTA Online needs a release on Next Gen in the near future to stay succesful, and then the options are limitless. :-)

Edited by ivarblaauw

See what I did there?

something dumb?

I truley just guessed. I have no idea of what flame war nonsense is going on here :). All im seein is some MS paint nonsense and people calling each other dumb

Doesn't know what's going on, yet you still felt the need to spit your 2 cents...Bravo.

Oh, and what I did there was "lie". Obviously.

17 years of hard work? So you've been promoted from flipping burgers to putting the salt on the fries, I bet your parents are so proud.

If you're 34, then you ought to know better than to start sh*t in forums. Tool.

Either way, bottom line is, no new islands. We haven't even got heists or a glitch free LS as it is!!

See what I did there?

something dumb?

Doesn't know what's going on, yet you still felt the need to spit your 2 cents...Bravo.

Oh, and what I did there was "lie". Obviously.

I...+I+don+t+even.+I+_4bdaa430fd96b8b55f

Why is nobody capable of an adult conversation?

There's some mature conversation at first, then just goes into people hurling insults and pics from MS paint

You did start it by calling me a dick, so suppose the grown up conversation going to hell was slightly your own fault...

Just saying!

I didn't call you a dick. I was asking why be a dick in your responses. Why not get your point across politely? That's all I'm saying,

Guys seriously. STOP.

This is a topic I like and don't let a mod lock it.

Give facts or ideas and please think before you post. :-)

Thank you

• Like 1

Okay:

Lets say that we will see a new island, which one do you want? (You may make a list up too 5)

I start:

- Northern San Andreas (San Fierro)

- Eastern San Andreas (Las Venturas)

- North Yankton

- Liberty/Alderney State

- Vice City or South America island

Please give your ideas and why this would work. You have heard my ideas.

If there are facts or rumors, post them too

FWIW, a handful of musicians (including DJ Whoo Kid) have commented on their involvement in a new GTA set in NY / LC again.

I don't for a second believe it's a new stand-alone title, such as GTA:VI being set in LC again, but I can EASILY imagine it being a GTA online addition, bringing the GTAIV map up to date and putting it to good use.

You'll likely just select Liberty City from the start menu, or even just visit the ingame airport and buy a "flight" there and/or back. They could I suppose throw in some single player content for Michael/Trevor/Franklin in LC

It'll be something to tide us over until the next full GTA title, at which point I'm sure that new map will be added to GTA:O too.

Everyone else expecting SF/LV to be added to the actual map, or even added AT ALL are delusional. Maybe, just maybe GTA:VI will include one, or both SF/LV, and then you'll be able to go there in GTA:O.

Edited by reform

I have actually found evidence of Northern San Andreas:

640px-PaletoPostcard-GTAV.jpg

This is an official artwork from R* games.
As you can see, in the left of the picture you can see Northern San Andreas (partially)

It seems that in the distance the two are connected by land. but that is very hard to see.

In the left you see the coast of (South West) Northern San Andreas, In the center of the image you see (very vague) the south part of Northern San Andreas With moutains (if I see this right) And it seems that it is connected by land in the South east part.

Northern San Andreas is featured in this artwork.

Which is, again, IMO confirmation that we will see it as DLC and that R* is working on it. Why include it otherwise?

good day :)

EDIT:

here is the map and the view where the camera is standing:

k4ffuw.jpg

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 5