Ambient_

Life Advice Thread - Post Your Advice Here

Ambient_

So this seems fun, I'll start:

Nothing is permanent, grow the f*ck up.

SolidSnails

It is what it is

Mista J

You gotta kiss ass to move up in the world. Or make a sex tape, which can still have you kissing ass.

KD himan

If you didn't got the Topic, Request a Lock to it.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Don't have kids. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

EyeMacHunt

You have to slay a few dragons to get to the princess.

EphemeralStar

Just follow your heart and keep smiling. ^o^

Misbegotten cad

Do not marry woman who is obsessed with the wedding.

-women like that are never happy with anything than perfect, which means you will soon divorce after the wedding when the reality sets in...

GN 92

Nice thread idea..

On sundays, Don't drink like the world's gonna end tomorrow. Especially if you gotta work on that day.

Edited by BOSS 302

ExtremoMania

My signature says everything though.

LittleBlueTroll

Any holes a goal.

You didn't say it had to be classy.

Fuzzknuckles

Smoke, drink, take drugs and have casual unprotected sex as often as you can.

I figure I might as well suggest some real-world, achievable goals, no one listens when you give them genuine advice that will actually help them.

_FRANKENSTEIN_

Be happy, don't give a sh*t about anything else.

make total destroy

burn this racist system down

The Leviathan

When life hands you lemons, make beef stew.

ByePolar

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance.

D- Ice

People's Egos are important.

A. H. Maslow, famous for his 1943 paper on the heirarchy of needs, claimed self-esteem is the primary motivator of 90% of people in industrialised societies (as they have staisfied the previous needs).

Despite Maslow being critcal of Freud and the psychoanalysts for neglecting self-esteem as a motivators of humanity, Freud himself did say that the two primary motivators of human beings are sex and the need to feel great (sexual and aggressive instincts accordingly).

I'm not particularly a big fan of either psychologist's theories, but from my own experiences in life, what they say about the importance of people's self esteem certainly holds true.

Don't under-estimate the role of people's self esteem in shaping their beliefs - people are likely to believe what stokes their egos more than what objective evidence suggests.

Ignorance is bliss.

We have evolved to favour the easiest route. While this sounds incredibly obvious, it's not so commonly applied to people's thinking. Making ignorant assumptions based on arbitrary associations is far more attractive (often on the subconscience level) as it allows decision-making with far less thinking than informed decison-making, which requires the consideration of far more variables. Secondly, ignorant assumptions themselves can also give the impression of making peoples lives easier. Finally, as mentoned in my previous point, some ignorant assumptions can be appealing as the people's increase self-esteem.

For example, solely associating danger with terrorism, and solely associating terrorism with Muslims, and solely associating Muslims with Middle-Eastern-looking people. This allow people to believe that "Middle-Eastern-looking person equals danger", thus for aminimal amount of thinking, they are able to spot what endangers themselves and loved ones immediately. You can see how that can be far ore attractive than considering the many different dangers to life in your society, the complex history and causes of terrorism, the entire history and teachings of Islam, and coming to the conclusion that you will never be able to spot most dangers to your own and loved ones' lives.

Talking isn't just for communication.

People don't only talk to communicate something or set an impression. A lot is done to help them figure something out. When we think, we often have multiple thoughts in our heads at once. Talking forces people to reconstruct these into a coherent stream that is far easier to process mentally.

People often also share things they are unsure of to get approval and/or acceptance from others. This same behaviour can also show itself in arguements and discussions, where often a person's passion and anger correlate with their insecurity and need of approval regarding their views on that certain subject.

Just keep those in mind next time you're about to lose your rag with someone. ;)

Vanto

Everything has a solution, except death.

katrina andrea

It's funny reading teen life advice lol

SolidSnails

It's funny reading teen life advice lol

sometimes you must follow the eagle to run with the bison

Dottie

If you see a mid 2000's - new white truck/SUV, assume it's a cop

Flūttershy

Don't be a piece of sh*t

Shah Sam

Aw nigga, don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful nigga! Maybe if you got rid'a that ol' yee-yee ass haircut you got you'd get some bitches on your dick. Oh, better yet: maybe Tanisha'll call your dog ass if she ever stops f*ckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she's f*ckin' with. Nigga.

- Lamar Davis

I think what Lamar is trying to say here is that we shouldn't blame others for our own faults. We should accept our mistakes and move on. If we move on, we can accomplish what we strive to achieve. Maybe you want to become a doctor... Stop blaming others! Accept your mistakes and learn from them. Maybe you want to become a better basketball player... Stop blaming others! Accept your mistakes and learn from them. Oh, better yet, maybe you want to f*ck Tanisha... Stop blaming others! Accept your f*cking mistakes and f*cking learn from them.

Nigga.

universetwisters

Don't trust the man with the van and aviator sunglasses.

Spaghetti Cat

Smile More

Melech

burn this racist system down

Here's my advice to you: move to Cuba!

Edited by Palikari

Ryan

Don't stick your dick in a crazy

....true story

lt_yao

Go f*ck yourself.

Best advice I've ever gotten.

LethalDrizzle

Dont let other people change who you are.

Edited by LethalDrizzle

daboy042188

There was a time in the history of everything that ever worked when it didn't work.

Also: the difference between a comedy and a tragedy is the soundtrack