1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Worst Of Rockstar Logic

Ambient_

On 7/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, Moewe755 said:

Won the new podium car from ls car meets a few days ago. After you win it, it wont show in the car meet anymore, but the guy with his camera is still there and takes pics of ...nothing i guess.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

The Slamtruck is still there, maybe he was really wanting pictures of that.

Plot twist: he's now happier, because someone got rid of the car on the back that was cluttering up his shots... :p

Also, I can't wait for R* to get through all the new tuners as Prize Rides, start adding previous update vehicles instead, and eventually get around to letting you win ...a Slamtruck. :turn:

(place your bets as to whether they'll just let you win the LSC truck that's already there, or they put another Slamtruck on the back... :beerhat:)

On 7/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, Commander S said:

Also, I can't wait for R* to get through all the new tuners as Prize Rides, start adding previous update vehicles instead, and eventually get around to letting you win ...a Slamtruck. :turn:

(place your bets as to whether they'll just let you win the LSC truck that's already there, or they put another Slamtruck on the back... :beerhat:)

n1xJJOM.jpg?1

yo dawg I hear you like Slamtrucks

Doing the Cayo prep to steal a blowtorch from a construction site. Pavel says "if you have a hard hat on you'll blend right in", so I equip a hard hat from my interaction menu and it doesn't work at all. Do the same prep again on a different Cayo run and see that there's a hard hat sitting on a table to take. Take it and it's identical to my own that I equipped before, but for some reason this one works and mine doesn't, despite being EXACTLY THE SAME. 

2 hours ago, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

Doing the Cayo prep to steal a blowtorch from a construction site. Pavel says "if you have a hard hat on you'll blend right in", so I equip a hard hat from my interaction menu and it doesn't work at all. Do the same prep again on a different Cayo run and see that there's a hard hat sitting on a table to take. Take it and it's identical to my own that I equipped before, but for some reason this one works and mine doesn't, despite being EXACTLY THE SAME. 

I always assumed that line was just filler, didn't know there was a hard hat you could put on that actually did something! Bummer it is one you have to find on site and not the one in your inventory though.

• Like 6

The online player character every time they are introduced to new NPCs in updates

PST7hJJ.jpg

It sucks we can't just sell the prize cars for more than 11800 GTA$ (ZR350), if we already have it, no we have to sell the car we already upgraded to our tastes, because we only get the money back for selling actually bought cars.

This already pissed me off the last 2 weeks. Probably has been mentioned here already.

I tried to recreate the ZR350 i already had, but im pretty sure some parts are different. I should have taken a pic of it or looked at the upgrades, yeah that was my fault. But honestly why they make us do this, it doesn't make any sense. We only get back like a half million for each car, after upgrading them again.

Typical Rockstar...

• Like 6

The Agency Job - you get to the interrogation room, pull out your phone and hold it up to your ear - the same ear you've got a bluetooth earpiece in...

Quick job menu - queue up for an Auto Shop Robbery. Exactly 17 seconds later, "No active Auto Shop Robbery found", requeue for a Cayo, 12 seconds later get dropped into an Auto Shop Robbery.

Why Advanced Rifle  unlocks so late  in story mode? You can use it only 3 main storyline missions

Since the Yacht was revisited for the Mission bundle made for it, they could have gone and made it Drivable (like how it's possible with the Kosatska) and put a parking space in the machinery room.

These screenshots where taken with the Bunker resupply mission in Paleto Bay and a Cargobob and a lot of patience.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Black-Dragon96

The contract prep where you have to go into Fort Zancudo to put a tracker on the truck.

You have to use the marked crusader. No other crusader or military vehicle work.

So you can perfectly drive into the military base with a car that was stolen in front of god knows how many witnesses and that is covered in bullet holes and the blood of its former driver. However a perfectly neat amd clean crusader is somehow suspicious.

• Like 12

SlipperyPete

Vehicle spawn. It helps if you hide while the Mechanic brings your car-it will be closer. 

We need to be far away lest we see him bring it-it may BREAK THE ILLUSION.

But:

Stand 2 inches from your car and Return it from the Interaction Menu and it disappears right in font of your eyes.

Presto!

• Like 8

Torfar-Kolla

Public to invite only, and how to do it on PC with the least loading times.

Just found out the best option to do that. 99% of the time I use M+KB because of thats what I'm used to, and going to Creator --> Pause Menu --> Invite only wasn't working so I was wondering what is wrong. Apparently they broke the ESC key getting you to pause menu on it years ago. Luckily I do have XB One controller plugged in at all times, so if I want to do such a simple thing that should be an option on a good UI instead  I go to creator, click a button on my controller to get to pause menu and then I can go to Invite Only lobby.

Because that makes sense.

Edited by Torfar-Kolla

21 minutes ago, Torfar-Kolla said:

Just found out the best option to do that. 99% of the time I use M+KB because of thats what I'm used to, and going to Creator --> Pause Menu --> Invite only wasn't working so I was wondering what is wrong. Apparently they broke the ESC key getting you to pause menu on it years ago. Luckily I do have XB One controller plugged in at all times, so if I want to do such a simple thing that should be an option on a good UI instead  I go to creator, click a button on my controller to get to pause menu and then I can go to Invite Only lobby.

Correct, but you can also press P to open the pause menu with keyboard on PC. That one still works.

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 2
  • YEE 1

Yellow Dog with Cone

I guess this has to do more with the game's limitations, but the NPC cars at the LS Car Meet are always the same 5 or 6 cars, which wouldn't be an issue if certain vehicles that realistically would be rare or unique enough wouldn't repeat, like the Peyote Gasser.

• 2 weeks later...
TheGhostFromPast

I can put mask on my character's face in contract missions only when I begin to commit a crime?! Seriously?! What kind of a criminal puts mask on his face only when he already has begun to commit a crime?! 

Arrows to Athens

For the Lost Contract, you can use the Phantom Wedge, but not the MOC

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

I can put mask on my character's face in contract missions only when I begin to commit a crime?! Seriously?! What kind of a criminal puts mask on his face only when he already has begun to commit a crime?! 

My character (shirtless with a bunch of upper body tats, driving Fleeca livery Growler with license plate ROBNBANX doing Bank Contract) *puts on mask* "There much better."

SlipperyPete
59 minutes ago, awesomefoot said:

My character (shirtless with a bunch of upper body tats, driving Fleeca livery Growler with license plate ROBNBANX doing Bank Contract) *puts on mask* "There much better."

That reminds me of a newspaper article I read years ago (dead tree tek-obviously years ago) about a Baltimore man that masked up and robbed the local liquor store. His sister smacked him in the head and made him turn himself.

Which was a smart move since,even though he was wearing a mask,he was well known in Baltimore as the tallest Afro American in the country and the 2nd tallest man in US at 7'10"  (for any stick in the muds,my numbers might be off).

7'10"

BUT HE HAD A MASK ON! You need proof to convict!

• Like 6

TheGhostFromPast
12 hours ago, awesomefoot said:

11 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

That reminds me of a newspaper article I read years ago (dead tree tek-obviously years ago) about a Baltimore man that masked up and robbed the local liquor store. His sister smacked him in the head and made him turn himself.

Which was a smart move since,even though he was wearing a mask,he was well known in Baltimore as the tallest Afro American in the country and the 2nd tallest man in US at 7'10"  (for any stick in the muds,my numbers might be off).

7'10"

BUT HE HAD A MASK ON! You need proof to convict!

Sure there are exceptional moments where mask won't do much if people can recognize you because you either have bunch of tattoos which are visible during robbery or you are the tallest man/woman in the entire country.  😁

But when I complained about it I was thinking about in-game moments I had with mask in contract missions where my character's tattoos aren't visible during robbery and my character definitely isn't the tallest one in the entire country. 

• Like 4

R* sure do like dababy since the song glitches and repeats again and again 

• Like 2

Hazzardtohimself

^ For me it always seems to be that Phil Moffa (?) one droning on about "The Sun and Moon" or whatever. I'm close to disabling Media Player from the radio list! 

On topic: 

How good must the ventilation in LSCM be? Although some vehicles have their engines off, the majority (including the test vehicles) are all sat there with exhaust fumes chugging out of them. Death by AFK and carbon monoxide. 

• Like 2

R* you have a 370 model in game already why didnt you release it and name it the 380 instead of what ever you named it. Give me the 370! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hazzardtohimself said:

^ For me it always seems to be that Phil Moffa (?) one droning on about "The Sun and Moon" or whatever. I'm close to disabling Media Player from the radio list! 

On topic: 

How good must the ventilation in LSCM be? Although some vehicles have their engines off, the majority (including the test vehicles) are all sat there with exhaust fumes chugging out of them. Death by AFK and carbon monoxide. 

Or maybe the ventilation isn't that good. It would explain the constantly jabbering brain damage that is KDJ and his girlfriend Binco.😁

EDIT: spelling.

Edited by dorcy
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

On 8/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, TheGhostFromPast said:

The same kind of criminal that puts on a mask after they break into the Pacific Standard bank in the finale and puts the mask on in front of a security camera.

Loool this game sometimes man.

• Like 5

The Exotic Exports cars on the Auto Shop list are really time consuming to locate, even when knowing the spawn locations.

Every one of them is fitted with a global tracker.

• Like 4

SlipperyPete
On 8/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Torfar-Kolla said:

No. I don't understand any of this. I'm a PC guy (and have been since your grandmom was in diapers).

You have a PC? 

Win+R and "resmon.exe"

<Note! This is NOT a glitch! (which is debatable anyway). You have a game running GTA5.EXE. right click (YOUR GAME EXECUTABLE ON YOUR PC) and suspend. Wait 10 secs and RESUME.>

This is NOT a glitch or some cheat. You own the PC. You own the game. You pay for the internet connection and can pause it anytime you like.

I don't understand why this is a big deal. I only have other players in my lobby when I am selling (so I can get the bonus)

Torfar-Kolla
6 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

No. I don't understand any of this. I'm a PC guy (and have been since your grandmom was in diapers).

You have a PC? 

Win+R and "resmon.exe"

Yes, that way you can get to an empty public session, I use it for sales all the time. The method I was describing is a faster way than going through story mode getting a new session alltogether for Kosatka preps and other new stuff that can be done on invite only and also getting a reset on the daily fees clock.

Black-Dragon96
17 hours ago, Coleco said:

The Exotic Exports cars on the Auto Shop list are really time consuming to locate, even when knowing the spawn locations.

Every one of them is fitted with a global tracker.

Thats a R* logic in itself.

We have no idea where the cars are until we get close to them.

But as soon as we get in the darn thing, everybody and their dog across two countys knows where the car is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Torfar-Kolla said:

Yes, that way you can get to an empty public session, I use it for sales all the time. The method I was describing is a faster way than going through story mode getting a new session alltogether for Kosatka preps and other new stuff that can be done on invite only and also getting a reset on the daily fees clock.

Press P for the Pause menu to open in Creator Mode. That still works.

• Like 2