1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Worst Of Rockstar Logic

Ambient_

Has a multitude of resturants but can't enter a single damn one of them yet has 20 enterable gas stations.

• Like 5

R* hotfixes hooker glitch. 2 minutes later everyone is still doing it practically the same way

it's funny, they could hotfix the glitch by making the elegy sell for $1. It won't stop people from doing the glitch, but at least they will not make as much money. Oh well I already made my money from it.

CyborgZombieJesus

*Calls Merryweather for helicopter* No problem, our pilot will bring it right to your current location.

*Calls Pegasus for personal helicopter* Sorry, our magician is a bit of a troll and made it appear 2 miles from your current location LOL.

Or when you call MW for a chopper and the asshole just won't land or when you are on top of a multi-story car park or high rise helipad and they won't send him.

Secondly when you call Pegasus for tank, drive to location and it re-spawns at Fort Zancudo.

Thirdly, the mechanic is a buttplug and should deliver your vehicle to where ever you might be as soon as you phone him.

Lastly, Lester not answering his telephono and the over zealous, bacon/pork machine driving cops.

Phew.... rant over.

• Like 1

CyborgZombieJesus

roflbot.jpg

I loled harder than I should have because this is so true

Over larger distances like for instance a mile it is possible, if not likely for a supercar to win the drag race as it will have a higher top speed than a comparable bike. Bikes win in the short races due to high power to weight ratios, thus higher acceleration stats. Cool video to prove a point though.

>Come back from mission, character spawned under the bridge, vehicle spawned on the bridge.

Call mechanic, "you're close to your personal vehicle".

>Driving outside with personal vehicle, set spawn point: Garage @ Greenwich Parkway, quit game.

Start Online again, spawned in the garage, go outside, last used vehicle spawned at Legion Square.

>Promised won't fix unharm glitch

Patched 3rd person Snapmatic and drunk Snapmatic - without giving a note

>Advertised selling point "unlimited possibilities"

Using Content Creator, want put things in Airport or Army base, "Cannot place here. This is restricted area"

>People are liking several top rewarding missions

Tweaked it into many impossibilities for people to enjoy

> Seeing players still swarming Rooftop Rumble after hidden intentional bug adds

Frustrated and desperately tweaking the mission to make sure players can't finish it

R* hotfixes hooker glitch. 2 minutes later everyone is still doing it practically the same way

it's funny, they could hotfix the glitch by making the elegy sell for $1. It won't stop people from doing the glitch, but at least they will not make as much money. Oh well I already made my money from it.R* hotfixes glitch again, for the second day in a row

Another workaround five minutes later.

MetalThrasherXtreme

Oh motherf*cker where do I start..

-"Timed out loading session. Return to GTA V." Right, no retry option ever because y'know, I guess I don't feel like playing online.

-"We won't fix the gate glitch." Fixes gate gitch.

-Driving away from the cops in a super car like a Zentorno or an Adder yet still being rammed into by magical speed boosting cops.

-Barely slam into random civilian head-on, civilian dead. Slam full-speed head-on into cop, no injuries at all.

-Kill random person with silenced weapon in middle of nowhere, somehow gain wanted level. Apparently the drones are watching?

-Cop hits you? Criminal scum!

-Die with wanted level, respawn with wanted level.

-Passive mode is essentially pointless since it only works on foot.

• Like 9

The greatest irony of them all... the Game Store, the very place R* sells cash cards, has been used for some of the biggest glitches this game ever made.

• Like 8

They hotfixed it?

It makes sense for the passive mode to be available on when you are on foot so you can't abuse it to kill others players while driving by ramming over them.

What really pisses me off about passive mode is how you can receive damage and eventually get killed by anyone who rams you over while you're on foot. IMO passive mode should make you go into god mode so nothing the other players can do will kill you, no matter what. That or just remove the feature.

MetalThrasherXtreme

It makes sense for the passive mode to be available on when you are on foot so you can't abuse it to kill others players while driving by ramming over them.

What really pisses me off about passive mode is how you can receive damage and eventually get killed by anyone who rams you over while you're on foot. IMO passive mode should make you go into god mode so nothing the other players can do will kill you, no matter what. That or just remove the feature.

Well they could remedy that with a similar system like in non-contact races.

Just make it so the passive mode player and their vehicle passes right through other players but not NPC's.

It'd probably be a bit more tedious to code and such but I bet it's possible.

EDIT: I do agree about the damage thing while in PM. It's pretty stupid that you can still be ran over and crushed to death, kinda defeats the whole purpose. I suppose PM players on foot could be the same way as what I mentioned above, non contact with other players but not NPC's.

Edited by MetalThrasherXtreme
  • Like 1

MetalThrasherXtreme

The greatest irony of them all... the Game Store, the very place R* sells cash cards, has been used for some of the biggest glitches this game ever made.

And you bet your ass they'll never remove that thing, lmao.

The funniest part is whenever the store loaded up for me, I legit couldn't scroll up or down, it was just frozen.

Good thing I'm never buying any of that ripoff sh*t :D

not to be able to shut my phone OFF!

to not be able to push NPC vehicles out of my way instead of them being like a rock and then shoving me out of their way like i was not even there.

not to be able to jump and grab ledges and stuff.

not to have chrome as a rim color choice.

there are lots of others, but these are the first few to pop into my head right now.

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 1

Oh motherf*cker where do I start..

-"Timed out loading session. Return to GTA V." Right, no retry option ever because y'know, I guess I don't feel like playing online.

-"We won't fix the gate glitch." Fixes gate gitch.

-Driving away from the cops in a super car like a Zentorno or an Adder yet still being rammed into by magical speed boosting cops.

-Barely slam into random civilian head-on, civilian dead. Slam full-speed head-on into cop, no injuries at all.

-Kill random person with silenced weapon in middle of nowhere, somehow gain wanted level. Apparently the drones are watching?

-Cop hits you? Criminal scum!

-Die with wanted level, respawn with wanted level.

The cops in this game are not human they are just a skinned robocop terminator combo that are capable of being struck numerous times with a vehicle, can eat multiple clips, and are given one instruction and that is KILL ON SIGHT. They have NO emotion or real purpose other than to murder.
  • Like 1

>Come back from mission, character spawned under the bridge, vehicle spawned on the bridge.

>Driving outside with personal vehicle, set spawn point: Garage @ Greenwich Parkway, quit game.

Start Online again, spawned in the garage, go outside, last used vehicle spawned at Legion Square.

Using Content Creator, want put things in Airport or Army base, "Cannot place here. This is restricted area"

> Seeing players still swarming Rooftop Rumble after hidden intentional bug adds

Frustrated and desperately tweaking the mission to make sure players can't finish it

rooftop rumble works fine, if you fail its cause youre dumb and doing it wrong. its not even any harder and it only takes 20 seconds longer, lol!

Edited by sultangris

rooftop rumble works fine, if you fail its cause youre dumb and doing it wrong. its not even any harder and it only takes 20 seconds longer, lol!

I've been saying this ever since I've found a better solution for the mission.

I'll tell you why they fail at this mission so much.....

They basically think that their character was in the army and has some kind of a Rambo ability that makes him/her invincible, thus running towards the goons (that are already has 400% accuracy), thus getting killed before even hitting the damn marker. Reason? The players are WAY TOO F*CKING DUMB. Literally.

OT: Not really a "R* logic", but its GTA:O related.

1. Tells a player to NOT fly the plane in the mission: Base Invaders to make sure its 100% safe thus no Mission Fail screen due to it being destroyed or something, Still get into it anyways.
  2. Already knows about the RR nerf and that the Document will destroy if they kept looking at the spawn area, even if we told them about it, Still look at the intersection anyways.
  3. Bonus of the above logic: Already knows that the Document car is really sensible, and that the AP Pistol can wreck it easily, Still launch rains of bullets from the AP Pistol on the car, not even hitting the driver. (And to make it even worse, if it did get destroyed, they complain)
  4. Knows that the RPG-holding guys in Coveted hides behind the Grangers in the other side of the hills if provoked, Still don't kill them. (Bonus Logic: If they saw them and landed the Cargobob already to kill them, the goons hide behind the cars, and because 99.99% of the GTA:O players are too dumb, they assume that In Cargobob = goons appear. Outside Cargobob = disappear, meanwhile I smash my head on the nearby wall looking at how dumb they are.)
  5. In the mission High Priority Case, the target is atop of the building, Too stupid to call a Maverick from MW. (I don't blame the ones who just played it first try)

etc.

• Like 2

Rewarding people who do well enough to get a killstreak by making everything hard to see.

Making basic game mechanics like shooting and driving something you have to level up. Everyone should be equal, high level player already have the advantage of experience, better equipment and even more health, I really don't think they needed anymore advantages

(Don't know if this has changed since I last played) Letting high level players carry their weapons into death matches against level 20s. Could you imagine in GTAIV if the level 10s started DM with auto shotguns while level 4s and under started with pistols, that sh*t sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Should be pickups only in mixed level games.

You can throw a sticky bomb in a car from 200ft away and still get someone. They should have kept it like tbogt where you were only allowed to throw them to the side of your car which required a bit of skill and timing to hit another car and also kept stickys from being overpowered. Now people can just spam away without getting close and get the kill.

I have to go back to freeroam to choose a different job if my lobby stays empty. WTF....just let me choose another one.

• Like 3

Passive mode does not work when you're in a vehicle.

Make sense to me. if you could keep it on while driving you could run people over and be immune to any retaliation besides the car being blown up.

Edited by Gregers08

Got another one. Just happened.

Quit out of a deathmatch lobby because the name is offensive and the lobby is near empty,

Apparantly the deathmatch was in the prison and I spawn inside.

Four star wanted level.

Make sense to me. if you could keep it on while driving you could run people over and be immune to any retaliation besides the car being blown up.

No, they just set it so your player/car can't ram other cars/people like in contact-free races & passive mode disengages when you get cop stars.

That way if you're trying to avoid conflict, you can move away from it without being run over and over and over or don't have anything to climb.

In it's current state, passive mode is crap.

• Like 1

GTA 5 Logic:
Drive a car off the Maze Bank rooftop and land without a scratch.

Drive a motorcycle off an intentionally-placed ramp and eat pavement.

• Like 3

MetalThrasherXtreme

I got another one.

Whenever you crash land a plane or a heli out in the mountains and die, spawning on the mountain side. You kill yourself in hopes it'll spawn you a bit closer to a road so you can at least call in a vehicle only for it to spawn you 20 feet away from the spot you were just in.

The fact the strippers in the strip clubs have bras on yet there's girls at the Playboy mansion running around topless. Not a significant feature in the slightest but I'd really like to know R*'s thinking behind that one. Like, who's idea was that? It makes zero sense.

Old-Tired-Grumpy

Well most of the logic is racing is pretty screwy

but two things that makes me say WTF

how can a truck catch the slipstream of a dirtbike should not be possible

And now that the new monster truck is available for most of the rockstar off road races........I have been rammed off the road while driving the monster truck by a player riding the dirt bike.........looks funny as hell on the screen.......

No, they just set it so your player/car can't ram other cars/people like in contact-free races & passive mode disengages when you get cop stars.

That way if you're trying to avoid conflict, you can move away from it without being run over and over and over or don't have anything to climb.

In it's current state, passive mode is crap.

This game shouldn't even have a passive mode.

• Like 3

>Rockstar asks people on Twitter to write down their GT and PSN ID before a event stream

>Plays ONLY on Xbox 360 and treats Xbox like it's a more superior platform

>Never streams and plays with people on PS3

>Legacy to Sony is gone

Edited by EddieLTU
  • Like 2

I got another one.

Whenever you crash land a plane or a heli out in the mountains and die, spawning on the mountain side. You kill yourself in hopes it'll spawn you a bit closer to a road so you can at least call in a vehicle only for it to spawn you 20 feet away from the spot you were just in.

The fact the strippers in the strip clubs have bras on yet there's girls at the Playboy mansion running around topless. Not a significant feature in the slightest but I'd really like to know R*'s thinking behind that one. Like, who's idea was that? It makes zero sense.

yes , they censored the girls in vanilla . but they forgot topless girl

proably because playboy easter egg