2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

malcolmfunktion

Commander S

Only just noticed this, because I've only ever played them solo myself: the ULP missions work like original contact missions, in that you don't automatically fail when you run out of lives. Instead, they do the old-style thing where you only fail when the entire team dies - i.e., if you die, and there are no lives left, but you've got teammates still alive, then you'll just get put in spectator mode, and the rest of the team can keep going without you.

F***ing finally! I get that it makes more sense to have the whole team actively playing in something like a Heist (but even then, surely it's better if one person manages to complete it, rather than everyone having to restart and do a whole chunk of mission again), but in simple things where it's easy enough to complete the mission with just one person (particularly if that mission is literally solo-able!), then it's just a needlessly-restrictive waste of time. Again, I get the thinking that it's better to have more players actively playing at any given time, rather than a bunch twiddling their thumbs while one person plays solo, but in practice, having to constantly restart when one person could just finish things in less time becomes a case of diminishing returns.

But at the same time, the ULP missions use fixed payouts more like more recent missions - so even if you do have to restart from a checkpoint, you'll still get the full amount. Compare that to contact missions (or RDO missions), where you're better off taking at least 10 minutes to maximise the payout - or things like Special Vehicle Work, where restarting from the last checkpoint might be so short, you wind up with something like $850 for the entire job. Granted, the ULP mission payouts could be better (particularly since they came as part of an update that buffed payouts for pretty much everything else!), but that aside, the combination of 'payouts not being time-dependent' and 'missions can be completed so long as one player is left standing' is definitely the best of both worlds. I really, really hope this is an indication of Rockstar learning from previous approaches, and potentially how they're going to handle the same in GTA VI's Online.

• Like 8

SirMasterEpic
On 9/23/2022 at 11:26 PM, SummerFreeze said:

What would that number be with tutorials?

probably far less & no im not telling u my secrets haha .

2 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

This 360 KO punch:

too bad its not on a real person .

MaddenedGhost

I knew cops steal cars to get to you, I didn't know they also steal firetrucks, I had this firetruck chasing me just now and shooting water out, I thought it was an off radar player at first but then, it turns out it was a cop lol

16 hours ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I knew cops steal cars to get to you, I didn't know they also steal firetrucks, I had this firetruck chasing me just now and shooting water out, I thought it was an off radar player at first but then, it turns out it was a cop lol

The other day I was doing the Superdollar Hacker mission. I'm not 100% sure what happened since I was in a helicopter and it all occurred behind me, but the hacker showed up at his apartment in a car. He must've had an accident and stole a car instead of getting back on his moped.

I also recently discovered that you can kill the hacker and steal his wallet to get his address. Might be quicker that way since you only have to wait out a wanted level instead of following him slowly on the moped. 

• Like 2

Rev. Gnash

Terrified NPC's, can seek refuge in the getaway car, during the Bank Contract.

Robbed the 5th Fleeca; running and gunning to the car (last body armor).

And there is a bicycle rider in the passenger seat, freaking out.

LSPD sent him to the "boneyard".

Almost got clipped, yanking his carcass, out of the car.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

SummerFreeze
1 hour ago, Jamwes said:

The other day I was doing the Superdollar Hacker mission. I'm not 100% sure what happened since I was in a helicopter and it all occurred behind me, but the hacker showed up at his apartment in a car. He must've had an accident and stole a car instead of getting back on his moped.

If his Faggio is destroyed, he steals a car to drive to his apartment. 

1 hour ago, Jamwes said:

I also recently discovered that you can kill the hacker and steal his wallet to get his address. Might be quicker that way since you only have to wait out a wanted level instead of following him slowly on the moped. 

Before starting you can call Martin, request a mission, then use the invite during the prep mission to lose your wanted level.

1 hour ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Terrified NPC's, can seek refuge in the getaway car, during the Bank Contract

On that subject, I forgot that there's a reason to set vehicle access to passengers

GTAO-2022-09-23-15-26-59-2022-09-28-16-4

Bulletproof yes, idiotproof no

awesomefoot
10 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

I like the rare but fatal nut punch

GTAO-2022-09-23-17-28-29-2022-09-27-23-1

lol, I think this KO is a liver punch. Bas Rutten made it famous in MMA (and was in GTA 4), he'd punch or kick opponents in the liver and it would cause their bodies to shut down. He also demonstrated on a TV show years back how it was possible to rupture the liver with a hard enough shot.

EsteemedGloomyCardinal-size_restricted.g

The animation is pretty similar to the clip.

If you use expanded radar, you can't see repo missions circle inside Simeon's office. If you switch to small one and toggle between expanded/small, circle keeps turning off/on. Makes sense. For a while I even thought they completely removed it.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:37 AM, Jamwes said:

DDP9mXW.jpg

Sometimes when playing the ECU job I call for the wingman to come back me up when I'm looting the train. I've called him many times and he almost never shows up. Today I investigated. Apparently R* decided to put a roadblock in the road and the wingman doesn't know how to drive around it. One of the few missions the wingman would be helpful and they make it not work. Fortunately you can ram the truck out of the way if you want to go through the effort. 

It could be buggy and related to the stop location of the train, cause I called the wingman with the car moved off the road, and with the default spawn, and it showed up in both cases (PS4).

Although the wingman spawn point is a bit far (somewhere near sandy shores airport, the south road), and it takes a while to get to you around the airport.

If you stop the train near the mentioned roadblock, probably the wingman gets a different route and gets blocked by it. Meanwhile I stop if further (closer to sandy shores).

4 hours ago, mr_j said:

If you stop the train near the mentioned roadblock, probably the wingman gets a different route and gets blocked by it. Meanwhile I stop if further (closer to sandy shores).

I tried it once with a OPmk2 and was able to stop the train right at the roadblock. The Wingman spawns north from there, near the Sandy Shores coke lockup. 

The same roadblock that makes the GPS take a huge loop btw, in a game where the players all follow it like lemmings.

Besides being my new favorite weapon because I unlocked it on my secondary lvl 20 account in which I roleplay as a biker, the Navy Revolver we get from the Los Santos Slasher can one-shot players with the help of BST and it has a lock-on range of 55 meters, and no damage drop-off at long range.

Possibly the best weapon to defend myself from Mk2 griefers, they get mad that a lvl 20 can one-shot them out of their broomstick.

Not to mention that it's stylish as f*ck.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Franklin's Supply delivery perk refills all of your body armors you can use in your inventory and not just the one you are currently using. 

(No, it does not give 10 body armors of each category, it just gives the max amount of armor you have unlocked per your rank)

Franklin's a good contact given the ballache still of obtaining armour otherwise. EG between quick job missions where you load on the street, etc.

Pedinhuh

Now if only we could get a contact that could refill all our snacks on the go, without needing to go to a property and deal with a loading screen, that would be incredible.

There's Simeon dealership, but sometimes I'm too far away from it and I need the snacks in a pinch.

SamKylian
2 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Now if only we could get a contact that could refill all our snacks on the go, without needing to go to a property and deal with a loading screen, that would be incredible.

There's Simeon dealership, but sometimes I'm too far away from it and I need the snacks in a pinch.

just create job warp near the dealership and ammu-nation , actually in front of the ammu-nation door, by this you will each time refill your armour and snacks without entering in to loading screen, I do it all the time and is the most time effective way which I know

job warp tutorial:

• Like 2

Replaying the Dre Contract and Cayo for the first time on a new character. Just noticed the women who travel with you and Dave to Cayo also party with Dre. Are these common "groupie" character models that they redress and use in other areas?

Qe9fMmQ.jpg

jUOqaQ9.jpg

• Like 1

Walther Tiger

You cant buy a Baseball Bat?????

• Like 1
  • Bonk! 2

gnomefromnome

The missile launch from the Kosatka is pretty cool

Edited by gnomefromnome
add link
  • Like 3

SummerFreeze
2 hours ago, Jamwes said:

Replaying the Dre Contract and Cayo for the first time on a new character. Just noticed the women who travel with you and Dave to Cayo also party with Dre. Are these common "groupie" character models that they redress and use in other areas?

Why wouldn't they be the same characters? Dre was supposed to be on that flight, too.

• Like 3

ForDer089

Not only you can spawn parked LifeGuard Granger, you can see it driving on street.

FP3Ckpz.jpg

• Like 6

You can go into other people's Auto Shops on foot.

It makes sense to go in with a vehicle but on foot you can't actually do anything. I've just been mooching around in them at random, going into offices, peering at noticeboards and so on.

Sessanta and the mechanics still say hello. And "see ya!". So that's nice.

I wonder if it's so you'll be jealous of better ones and tempted to improve your own ($$$). That certainly worked with Nightclubs for me - I was a bit ashamed of mine after I saw a really nice one.

2 hours ago, Jehannum said:

It makes sense to go in with a vehicle but on foot you can't actually do anything.

Can you take snacks from their candy dish?

DrEeveell

You can go into somebody else's Arcade, play the games and even buy snacks & drinks from what's her name. You can even go into the basement but you can't do anything there.

SamKylian

if you are a mc president, in interaction menu you can change your gang style clothes, I knew that before, but I just noticed you have outfit there which belongs in real life to mark zuckerberg and that apple ceo guy, lmfao, it actually makes me feel like I found an easter egg, I really appreciate gta creators for adding it to the game, very funny

1 hour ago, DrEeveell said:

You can go into somebody else's Arcade, play the games and even buy snacks & drinks from what's her name. You can even go into the basement but you can't do anything there.

there was guy in my arcade basement and he played darts, I saw him playing it solo without me

Edited by SamKylian

2 hours ago, Jamwes said:

Can you take snacks from their candy dish?

You sure can.

Watched a few GTAV speedrunning videos, learned that police chopper vison cones are a lie and they can spot you 360deg.

Also the speed boost for planes is at 900ft not 1000ft as I thought, and is 20%.

And that roadside debris hitting you while in a jump negates the stunt jump, which explains some weirdness I'd seen.

And that I shouldn't watch speedrunning videos because I start getting ideas that will hurt me later.

Edited by Gridl0k