1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

malcolmfunktion
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gridl0k

• whywontyoulisten

• Pedinhuh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I discovered you can buy shoes in Ammunation about 1 second ago

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this

^^ I noticed that right off. I'm a huge Star Trek fan going back to the Original Series. They lifted the sound straight from "Star Trek: Captain's Chair". Where you can tour the bridges of the ships in detail.

I noticed that in the Music Locker club you can do tequila shots at the bar with the salt and lime. Now they need to add body shots.  And add to my yacht.

MechanicMammal
On 3/29/2021 at 7:49 AM, rollschuh2282 said:

true.

i mean...i finished the finale on my old sh*tty PC.

and i got in that lab area 10 fps.

so if i am able to finish it with 10fps, then it should be much easier to complete it with 30-60

LOL it was this DLC which made me upgrade from a 2013 laptop.

suicidal_banana
On 3/30/2021 at 4:44 PM, fryday said:

they have changed something about the advanced flags, kerb boosting etc. for some cars!

Good stuff, offroad wheels for better handling has always bothered me and its good to hear we've gone back to them bscly having no effect, now if only they would do something about F1 wheels on non-open-wheel cars.

About the boosting, i've learned to accept i need to include curb boosting to win races, but i still genuinely hate the other 2-3 types of boost, and id rather not do the first either, please let that 'no more boosts' flag be a test for E&E, and add it to ALL vehicles in that version, im indifferent if engine performance should be changed accordingly, would be nice but not required if you ask me.

2 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

Good stuff, offroad wheels for better handling has always bothered me and its good to hear we've gone back to them bscly having no effect, now if only they would do something about F1 wheels on non-open-wheel cars.

Opinions are opinions, not facts, but I feel like the street wheels (low profile ones, not the others) still offer superior handling and a slight acceleration boost on all cars. Presumably designed to get everyone to swap them out. Worked on me, I've spent God alone knows how many millions on them.

As for the F1 wheels, whenever I see someone in a Stunt Race with them, forget the race, I'm just sending that guy over every barrier there is.

Getting some chrome Hyper 5 or whatever those big 'ole gorgeous 5-spoke things from the street wheel class are called would make my collection.

Edited by Shiloh Comes
  • Like 1

If you're in a CEO or MC (I think), if any of your organisation goes into an RC vehicle, you can see the icon on the map.

• Like 3
SummerFreeze
5 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Are F1 wheels a performance advantage on non-OWC cars then? Because of the sidewall height?

Yeah, but it's not worth the cheating accusations IMO.

Shiloh Comes

I've long read on here people talking about where certain interiors are located under the map, mostly from using software or looking at files or grid refs or whatever ways there are of doing it.

i was just emptying my camera and looked at the map to the right, which I never notice, and you can see the Arena Interior is in Mt Chiliad, the Nightclub is under the south runway at LSIA, the MC Clubhouse is under the container port etc. Who knew it was that easy?

12 hours ago, Shiloh Comes said:

I've long read on here people talking about where certain interiors are located under the map, mostly from using software or looking at files or grid refs or whatever ways there are of doing it.

i was just emptying my camera and looked at the map to the right, which I never notice, and you can see the Arena Interior is in Mt Chiliad, the Nightclub is under the south runway at LSIA, the MC Clubhouse is under the container port etc. Who knew it was that easy?

Whenever I'm in an interior but then Pause - Online - Quit and the camera zooms out, it zooms out to an area I never was. So quitting from the Facilty, the camea panned out to above the container port. I always just assumed that's where the interior was, I may be wrong - just my assumption.

18 minutes ago, Sam2150AD said:

Whenever I'm in an interior but then Pause - Online - Quit and the camera zooms out, it zooms out to an area I never was. So quitting from the Facilty, the camea panned out to above the container port. I always just assumed that's where the interior was, I may be wrong - just my assumption.

there are several videos on youtube, which show the real map locations of every interior....quite interesting...

Edited by fryday

^ To save the cop outfit back in the day you had to start the adv mission that gives you it, get in a wall breach and parachute to underneath that central Square, to land in your garage. From there you could use the elevator to use your apartment to save the outfit. This is, AFAIK, kinda why new interiors tend to be under the docks, because it has water on nearly all sides and you couldn't 'chute underneath water.

Unrelatedly, I didn't know until a tryhard KD warrior in a chrome jet told me (after I killed them with a cruise missile), but I'm a "submarine noob" 😢

Edited by Gridl0k

Ooh you can still set snow and halloween weather in parachute jobs

On XB at least, the 3 blank weather settings going left from "Clear" are

Halloween

Bright

Snow

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 1

Was driving the nightshark and someone on a mk2 blew me up.

Thy killed me but the nightshark survived as it was still drivable when I respawned.

I knew the nightshark could take some damage but this has never happened before....

The explosive you use to breach Rubio's front gate is TP-8, which presumably is twice as good as C-4 and at least twice as crazy.

• Like 1

While every single property that has a shower reuses the same animations for stepping in and out of the shower, the Yacht features an unique animation where our characters pulls the door in and out, because the door to the shower in the yacht is closed.

Also you can take showers on all 3 bathrooms of the Yatch.

Another thing about the Yatch is that somehow you can't request a helicopter pickup from there, the options is greyed out as soon as the game recognizes you're on the yatch, this is for both Merryweather and CEO helicopter pickup.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 3

They seriously need to fix the bathroom in the master cabin of the yacht. One of the mirrors doesn't reflect, the lighting is low. And what idiot thought it was a good idea to put a toilet in front of a counter with a mirror?

The yacht could be so much better.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SlammerRPM said:

They seriously need to fix the bathroom in the master cabin of the yacht. One of the mirrors doesn't reflect, the lighting is low. And what idiot thought it was a good idea to put a toilet in front of a counter with a mirror?

The yacht could be so much better.

Personally, I love my yacht and I think is one of the best things I've ever had the option to spend $8m on.

I'm aware this is a very unpopular opinion however, I use it as my spawning in location often. But I agree, the yachts could be updated with new features.

The impression I get is once the update for that particular item has been released, R* don't come back to it and update it or change the features which is a total shame.

3 minutes ago, Sam2150AD said:

Personally, I love my yacht and I think is one of the best things I've ever had the option to spend $8m on.

I'm aware this is a very unpopular opinion however, I use it as my spawning in location often. But I agree, the yachts could be updated with new features.

The impression I get is once the update for that particular item has been released, R* don't come back to it and update it or change the features which is a total shame.

Only real issue with Yachts is you can't drive them.

• Like 3
SummerFreeze

So it's possible to dive bomb very accurately -- like they used to do in WWII -- even if you release the bomb from relatively high.

https://imgur.com/yegjVhb

https://imgur.com/WjMGChD

I think it's a lot of fun. I've been playing hangar missions just so I can dive bomb stuff. The only problem is that the bombs don't release at an angle greater than around 70°, and the more shallow your approach angle, the less accurate the bomb will be. But apart from that it only takes a little practice. The bomb will follow the path you are flying so you basically just need to dive at the target and release the bomb when the target is in the center of the screen.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, OzakiLeona said:

I'm 99% sure when the Los Santos Summer Special was released with the Superyacht Life missions. that Brendan said something along the lines of 'and who knows, maybe you can sit in the Captain's chair', or words to that effect.

I won't lie to you - I genuinely thought this meant if you completed all the missions you got the oppurtunity to drive the yacht.

Imagine my disappointment when I was only rewarded a Captain's uniform. 🙄

• Like 2

The Yatchs will never be driveable in this game because their models were created with them being static props in mind, because back in the days it seems that R* just wasn't capable of making a vehicle this big and detailed to be driveable, so they settled it for the yatch to be a prop.

Granted, anyone out there, including R*, can make a driveable Yatch by merely reusing their models but there would be some issues:

You either wouldn't have windows on it or you wouldn't be able to access the interior of it because when someone is driving it, there could be players inside the interior and they would see that the Yatch isn't moving at all.

Due to clipping issues, there would be no helicopters or boats attached to it, helicopters would just slide off from the yatch and blow up, the boats would be left behind.

It's likely that the jacuzzi would also be disabled, since the yatch is now moveable, a player taking a bath on the jacuzzi could create all kinds of clippings with the Yatch itself while the Yatch is sailing into the sunset.

Obviously there are solutions for all of this, you could make the interior not have windows or close their blinds, you could just delete all the vehicles that are permanently attached to it, and could even disable the jacuzzi to only enable it once you active the auto pilot and seat out of the captain's seat.

But then the Yatch would just become an oversized and over glorified boat that you dump millions on it for...Just sailing?

Would be an even bigger waste of money than the Tug is...I can even see the appeal for some people, but I know that R* wouldn't be putting effort into something that wouldn't of the general playerbase interest.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 2
Shadowfennekin
7 hours ago, OzakiLeona said:

same, it'd be hilarious driving off to the far edge of the map and starting Piracy Prevention in a public lobby. I'd probably let whoever came take the win solely for their dedication

gnomefromnome

If you fire flares in a barrel roll, they will fire forward instead of outward

I've only tried this with the Sea Breeze...and Strike Force

Edited by gnomefromnome
SummerFreeze
16 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

So it's possible to dive bomb very accurately -- like they used to do in WWII -- even if you release the bomb from relatively high.

I think it's a lot of fun. I've been playing hangar missions just so I can dive bomb stuff. The only problem is that the bombs don't release at an angle greater than around 70°, and the more shallow your approach angle, the less accurate the bomb will be. But apart from that it only takes a little practice. The bomb will follow the path you are flying so you basically just need to dive at the target and release the bomb when the target is in the center of the screen.

More dive bombing:

https://imgur.com/6TkCHN3

https://imgur.com/tLZkTvg

https://imgur.com/Ws81GRK

I'm addicted. 😂

• Like 2
ElectricNine

I discovered that 75% of the player base are literal scum and you immediately kill themselves or atleast get off the internet.

suicidal_banana

I always thought William on 'Fame or Shame' was an actual bandmember of Love Fist, but looked it up just now when somebody mentioned wanting to see Love Fist in-game, turns out that's a different William.

That said i was surprised to learn that the 'real' (actual band member) William also exists in GTA5, as a 'strangers & freaks' mission, but i've never seen that random encounter. And apparently it can end with him dying or not, so its kind of unlikely we will ever see Love Fist in online :( 

The more you know™

Edited by suicidal_banana
On 4/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, SummerFreeze said:

I mean, the angle is massively different from actual divebombing. In the latter - as they did in World War 2, the angle used was generally between 75 and 90 degrees - almost vertically down essentially. One of the reasons for that angle was to get rid of some of the forward travel that tends to happen. In GTA Online you're prevented from dropping bombs past 40 degrees IIRC (can't remember, it was a long time ago I checked up on that). 

It is both striking and wondrous as to how GTA Online devs designed it so that neither is there any aiming reticule for bombing and actual dive bombing can't be done due to angle limitations. 

19 hours ago, gnomefromnome said:

If you fire flares in a barrel roll, they will fire forward instead of outward

<snip>

I've only tried this with the Sea Breeze

Aye of course and if you fire a missile right after launching a flare - regardless of what travel the flare goes in, often the missile will try and track to that flair. I've tried "hitting myself with my own missiles" a few times in the Hunter, hard to pull off though. 

That's not a barrel roll by the way - you can avoid missiles with proper barrel rolls as it normally involves the use of all three control surfaces, but when you move the stick left or right only, that's an aileron roll. Loads of people don't know the difference, so it's all good, just thought I'd mention it. 

SummerFreeze
41 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

I mean, the angle is massively different from actual divebombing. In the latter - as they did in World War 2, the angle used was generally between 75 and 90 degrees - almost vertically down essentially. One of the reasons for that angle was to get rid of some of the forward travel that tends to happen. In GTA Online you're prevented from dropping bombs past 40 degrees IIRC (can't remember, it was a long time ago I checked up on that).

It is both striking and wondrous as to how GTA Online devs designed it so that neither is there any aiming reticule for bombing and actual dive bombing can't be done due to angle limitations. 

It depended on the aircraft. For example the dive-bombing version of the P-51 Mustang, the A-36 Apache, had technical issues diving at more than 70°. Certainly the norm for the Ju 87, the most famous dive bomber of WWII, was 70-90°. But the twin-engined bomber Ju 88, which had dive-bombing capability as a design requirement, was eventually limited to 45°, also for technical reasons.

In GTA you can drop bombs at an angle greater than 40°. If you check out the videos I posted, I dive at roughly the max angle possible before the bomb release locks up. Max is probably the 2nd video in my 2nd post (https://imgur.com/tLZkTvg); I'd say that's about 60-70°. As I said in my first post, dive-bombing works surprisingly well in GTA. The video links are supposed to show that. I also just did Fully Loaded VIP work using the Rogue in the city, dropping two bombs on each limo in two (or more) separate dives, including the ones that stand halfway under a roof. With a little practice it's pretty easy. If my video recording didn't have potato quality, I'd make a youtube video.

Edited by SummerFreeze