Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
malcolmfunktion

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

Recommended Posts

Gridl0k

The Itali GTO is 4WD.

 

Which is nice, because it's usually only the f*cking front wheels on the ground.

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benny Guy

The game actually notifies you that Gang Attacks are "suppressed" during Freemode Events if there's conflict.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh

The Banshee 900R has a unique retangular rear view mirror with sharp edges that is based on the rear view mirror you see in racecars.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
10 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The game actually notifies you that Gang Attacks are "suppressed" during Freemode Events if there's conflict.

Well that's what they say...
 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
22 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The game actually notifies you that Gang Attacks are "suppressed" during Freemode Events if there's conflict.

and yet you can start gang attack and fortified or executive search at the same time.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
On 7/19/2019 at 12:37 PM, Gridl0k said:

NPCs shop for shoes in Ammunation (OP callback!)

Nothing new, really; first time I personally encountered NPCs inside Ammu-nation was September 6, 2016.

 

But for some reason they are quite rare--no idea why? My best guess is that GTA Online has a limit on maximum objects/NPCs currently spawned, and if it drops low enough, may spawn in some "extra" NPCs since it can handle it at the time?

 

 

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
6 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Nothing new, really; first time I personally encountered NPCs inside Ammu-nation was September 6, 2016.

 

But for some reason they are quite rare--no idea why? My best guess is that GTA Online has a limit on maximum objects/NPCs currently spawned, and if it drops low enough, may spawn in some "extra" NPCs since it can handle it at the time?

I see them all the time but only in Paleto Bay ammunation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inked.

Probably introduced in the same update that brought scuba gear to MP characters but..

 

TIL that if you dive off of a dinghy (the same boat used in the humane labs raid for Michael), your character will don the same kind of rebreather used in the mission.

 

QB5aMfc.png

 

It doesn't appear to do much, or at the very least only slows down lung capacity drain rate. Also appears to remain on your face until replaced in the accessories menu. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorn Lord
10 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

The Itali GTO is 4WD.

 

Which is nice, because it's usually only the f*cking front wheels on the ground.

Put it on the first suspension option and add a spoiler and it's one of the best cars to drive in the game. It's the type of car that you need to be absolutely certain you can go full throttle before mashing the gas which makes it feel way more realistic than most others.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
5 minutes ago, Gorn Lord said:

Put it on the first suspension option and add a spoiler and it's one of the best cars to drive in the game. It's the type of car that you need to be absolutely certain you can go full throttle before mashing the gas which makes it feel way more realistic than most others.

Sage advice, I may actually buy that thing next time it's on sale.

One reason I love the Swinger is that you have to work at driving it.  🙂

The other is that it's FAST!  🙃

 

And that's one of the problems of playing on PC using keyboard: you're using either full throttle or full brake, full left or full right steering, etc.

Ya gotta learn to blip the keys to get anywhere without crashing.

Edited by kcole4001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
10 hours ago, Gorn Lord said:

Put it on the first suspension option

Ahhh that might do it, cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrysisAverted

armored paragon isn't available in races

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh

You can walk faster inside interiors  by holding down the run button.

 

Pay attention: It's WALK faster, you still won't be able to run.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SlammerRPM

I'm almost to 100 days IRL of gameplay (that's 2400 hours) and I saw something last night I've never seen before. I saw a disembodied player character have a nervous breakdown.

I'm still on the 360 and last night a modder teleported 8 to 10 of us up to the top of the Maze Bank tower. 

After being there a while one of them left the session leaving behind their female character trying to run away but can't. A disembodied player character won't derez if another player character can see them. And since we were on top of the tower there was no place for them to go. The character ran down to the lower level and cowered crouched down at the edge in sight of another player that was on the window washing rig. When I first saw the character it was trying to hide and was crying a little. Later on it had it's head buried in it's hands crying more. The next time it had it's hands on top of it's head just bawling and wailing very loud like it was having a breakdown. I have never seen this behavior from any NPC. And it was very loud. Even the threatened customers during the Pac Standard Finale don't go to this extreme. It was very unsettling. fortunately the nearby player went back up to the helipad. And after I went too the disembodied character disappeared. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyoto

Small detail I noticed was one of the paintings for the penthouse has the R* zombie skin from GTA 4's multiplayer on the far right.

Jkmra6m.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
6 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

You can walk faster inside interiors  by holding down the run button.

 

Pay attention: It's WALK faster, you still won't be able to run.

Whether this is true or not has bugged me since After Hours heh. It does look like they hustle slightly faster, but I'm not sure it is actually faster? I never got round to timing it. NB I have walked a *lot* of miles in my nightclub - over 1000 MacBeths' worth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrs. Buzz
2 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

Whether this is true or not has bugged me since After Hours heh. It does look like they hustle slightly faster, but I'm not sure it is actually faster? I never got round to timing it. NB I have walked a *lot* of miles in my nightclub - over 1000 MacBeths' worth.

From what I can say, yes, you're faster. And to top that, depending on your choosen walking animation, you can save some miliseconds, too ;) (female PC here)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZEki177
42 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

Small detail I noticed was one of the paintings for the penthouse has the R* zombie skin from GTA 4's multiplayer on the far right.

Jkmra6m.png

nice i was wondering where was it from

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

Whether this is true or not has bugged me since After Hours heh. It does look like they hustle slightly faster, but I'm not sure it is actually faster? I never got round to timing it. NB I have walked a *lot* of miles in my nightclub - over 1000 MacBeths' worth.

To be fair it's faster...about 0.5 mph faster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan7777
6 hours ago, SlammerRPM said:

I'm almost to 100 days IRL of gameplay (that's 2400 hours) and I saw something last night I've never seen before. I saw a disembodied player character have a nervous breakdown.

 I'm still on the 360 and last night a modder teleported 8 to 10 of us up to the top of the Maze Bank tower. 

 After being there a while one of them left the session leaving behind their female character trying to run away but can't. A disembodied player character won't derez if another player character can see them. And since we were on top of the tower there was no place for them to go. The character ran down to the lower level and cowered crouched down at the edge in sight of another player that was on the window washing rig. When I first saw the character it was trying to hide and was crying a little. Later on it had it's head buried in it's hands crying more. The next time it had it's hands on top of it's head just bawling and wailing very loud like it was having a breakdown. I have never seen this behavior from any NPC. And it was very loud. Even the threatened customers during the Pac Standard Finale don't go to this extreme. It was very unsettling. fortunately the nearby player went back up to the helipad. And after I went too the disembodied character disappeared. 

That brings up some....horrifying existential type questions about what happens to our characters after we log off

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
⁣V⁣

Unsure if anyone mentioned this before but they changed the Time Trials.

 

It's 100k now and you can't use weaponized meme vehicles anymore. Things like the Vigilante, Scramjet, etc.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brose_sfr

the other day i realized if i hold down O after i fire a rocket from the buzzard, the camera will "follow" it. 

 

only been playing for 6 years. 

 

🤷🏽‍♂️

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Dang! Didn't know this either--wonder what the PC keyboard equivalent is (same button/key used to fire the missile)?

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arrows to Athens

So I was collecting hidden cards today...

 

 

^I had no idea you could even go in here. 

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
23 hours ago, brose_sfr said:

the other day i realized if i hold down O after i fire a rocket from the buzzard, the camera will "follow" it. 

 

only been playing for 6 years. 

 

🤷🏽‍♂️

WHAT THE HELL?????

 

This actually works! The camera points at the target that the homing missile is going to hit.

 

Works on the Buzzard but doesn't work on the Deluxo.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
23 hours ago, Kyoto said:

Small detail I noticed was one of the paintings for the penthouse has the R* zombie skin from GTA 4's multiplayer on the far right.

Jkmra6m.png

There's also the literal Easter Egg from GTA Vice City on it:

 

latest?cb=20100529023208

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
1 hour ago, YELLOW DOG WITH CONE said:
On 7/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Kyoto said:

Small detail I noticed was one of the paintings for the penthouse has the R* zombie skin from GTA 4's multiplayer on the far right.

 

Spoiler

Jkmra6m.png

 

There's also the literal Easter Egg from GTA Vice City on it:

I think everything on that painting references something, its full of easter eggs.

- the obvious ones: UFO as a lamp, aliens, sasquatch, ghost and the beast (that also appeared in sp) 
- Under the egg there's the smiley face and pink dildo from San Andreas
- White ball might be shooting the moon to make it bigger
latest?cb=20140421043103

There's also a doll hidden behind books but I have no idea what that suppose to be.

Edited by Piro
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Action_Andy

If you rob a store and point a gun with no ammo at the cashier, he will start collecting the cash for you. But if you pull the trigger and he realises you have no ammo, he will always shoot at you.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
On 7/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, DentureDynamite said:

Nothing new, really; first time I personally encountered NPCs inside Ammu-nation was September 6, 2016.

 

But for some reason they are quite rare--no idea why? My best guess is that GTA Online has a limit on maximum objects/NPCs currently spawned, and if it drops low enough, may spawn in some "extra" NPCs since it can handle it at the time?

Apparently this was a bug that was fixed--from the 1.47 patch notes:

 

* Fixed an issue that resulted in no ambient population within Ammu-Nation.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

DentureDynamite rockstar insider confirmed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.