3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

malcolmfunktion

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

Zorvaine

A week ago I discovered that there's actually 2 amphitheaters. (The big opera bowl)

I thought there was only one...

Where's the other one?

There's one at the Horsetrack and another one west of the Gallileo Observatory.

Crunch McThornbody

You can beat up NPCs whilst in passive mode. They need to be actively trying to fight you or getting up after falling on the ground (ie you just ran into them). Hold LT to get into the fight stance then RT to hit them.

You can get NPCs to beat each other to death, if you see a couple of blue collar workers standing next to each other (female NPCs and town male NPCs just run away) put away your weapon and run into one so they knock into the other, they'll start fighting until one of them dies.

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

Soran Is On

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this. It was pretty awesome.

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it. Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how. When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

We can only do it with the original gestures.. lame, but pretty cool though! (:

Salute.

0_0.jpg

Bird.

0_0.jpg

Rock.

0_0.jpg

Jerk.

0_0.jpg

i can't believe ive taken so many lame selfies when I could have been flipping the bird the whole time.

LOVE IT!

Khelandros

(a)-passengers in cars can use auto-lock

(b)-if you let a friend pull an npc out of their car and you get in as a passenger, the npc can rip your friend out of the drivers seat, get in and drive you around.

(a) The passenger Auto-aim feature is incredibly useful for drive by's with a good driver. "Judging the Jury" is a blast like this.

(b) I must try that! lmao :lol:

One thing I noticed just the other day in SP (I've yet to check it out in MP), is if you go to Grove street, there's usually a purple "gang" car parked next to the gang members talking outside. If it's not there, it usually pulls up within a minute. And it's the only NPC car I've ever seen in the game with mods. I've yet to try and steal it* to see what other mods the car has, but just at first glance, it at least had a custom paint job, rims and muffler. And I've only ever seen 2 type of cars as a gang car. The Declasse Tornado, and the Vapid Peyote OR Albany Manana (not sure which it was atm).

I've always wondered if any other NPC's have cars with mods on them.

I love f*ckin with NPC's. lmao :evilgrin:

*edit

I just stole the purple Baller Tornado from Grove street in SP and brought it to LSC. The mods it had were;

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

Just fyi :bored:

And the Tornado sells for $12600 in perfect condition.

Pagan Lowrider

one of my new fav things to do is after spawning back into free roam after playing the DM "Paintball" is to find the NPC near the bonfires and run into them knocking them over and watching them burn alive

Or I just discovered that if done correctlty you can get 2 NPC to fist fight each other and after they both die p/u the 13 bucks they drop

Its the little things cuz anything real fun causes freezing

=JudgeDrey=

(a)-passengers in cars can use auto-lock

(b)-if you let a friend pull an npc out of their car and you get in as a passenger, the npc can rip your friend out of the drivers seat, get in and drive you around.

(a) The passenger Auto-aim feature is incredibly useful for drive by's with a good driver. "Judging the Jury" is a blast like this.

(b) I must try that! lmao :lol:

One thing I noticed just the other day in SP (I've yet to check it out in MP), is if you go to Grove street, there's usually a purple "gang" car parked next to the gang members talking outside. If it's not there, it usually pulls up within a minute. And it's the only NPC car I've ever seen in the game with mods. I've yet to try and steal it* to see what other mods the car has, but just at first glance, it at least had a custom paint job, rims and muffler. And I've only ever seen 2 type of cars as a gang car. The Declasse Tornado, and the Vapid Peyote OR Albany Manana (not sure which it was atm).

I've always wondered if any other NPC's have cars with mods on them.

I love f*ckin with NPC's. lmao :evilgrin:

*edit

I just stole the purple Baller Tornado from Grove street in SP and brought it to LSC. The mods it had were;

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

Just fyi :bored:

And the Tornado sells for $12600 in perfect condition.

WHAT THE f*ck?!?! Are you talkin about the gang Tornado?

And here I am chasing down god damn Ballers and Oracles for 9K!

Funny that Gta Wikia.com has it listed at 3K. I gotta check this out...

Bah. They fooled me Jerry.

Edited by =JudgeDrey=

PkUnzipper

these are the little things ive picked up and added over many months

-best place to lose 5 stars is to land a chopper on the high priority case building then hide on the second level.

no. the best --and fastest--way to lose any chopper is to drive into a tunnel somewhere. Preferably ones that lead underground like on the rail right across from the vehicle impound. Going left out of the impound and into that tunnel will lose all cops within 15-20 secs of the chase. Provided you don't have a police cruiser trying to hump your rear. But even if you do, keeping ahead of that cruiser will finally cause it to stop the chase since police dispatch can't effectively target where you are on the map.

also putting a single sticky bomb on each door of an armored vehicle will make it drop 100% of its cash. If you sticky only one door and/or waste stickies on a single door, you'll only get a small fraction of the cash it drops.

Stickying anywhere else like accidentally on the side or the rear bumper etc will destroy the vehicle.

Tokin

You can get police to shoot at an 'innocent' NPC. Go to a police station and get out of sight of the police on guard there. Provoke someone into a fight by budging them, stealing their car, engaging in a fight etc. Then, while still fighting, draw the civilian over to the cops' line of sight and when he throws a punch at you, the cops will shoot him like he's rodney king.

Phthalate

If you're on a bike and you turn the front wheel, when you get off, the front wheel stays turned.

Now if only the same happened with cars....

McBean007

these are the little things ive picked up and added over many months

-best place to lose 5 stars is to land a chopper on the high priority case building then hide on the second level.

no. the best --and fastest--way to lose any chopper is to drive into a tunnel somewhere. Preferably ones that lead underground like on the rail right across from the vehicle impound. Going left out of the impound and into that tunnel will lose all cops within 15-20 secs of the chase. Provided you don't have a police cruiser trying to hump your rear. But even if you do, keeping ahead of that cruiser will finally cause it to stop the chase since police dispatch can't effectively target where you are on the map.

also putting a single sticky bomb on each door of an armored vehicle will make it drop 100% of its cash. If you sticky only one door and/or waste stickies on a single door, you'll only get a small fraction of the cash it drops.

Stickying anywhere else like accidentally on the side or the rear bumper etc will destroy the vehicle.

if you wanna get rid of the cops chasing you and you are lazy like me, kill yourself.

Fastest way

Dottie

the amount of asshole-izm has skyrocketed since this update has been live

Belch

Great thread! I've learned quite a few things I didn't know about before!

I guess the only thing I would add is that I recently figured out that I can start a mission like rooftop rumble, and then act like a fool. There is no timer and no wanted levels so I can go anywhere I want like the prison or fort zancudo and never get any wanted stars.

Also found out almost by accident that you can enter the strip club on a motorcycle, and have your weapon wheel active. Of course everybody but the bouncer and the cops runs screaming out the front door, but do it that way and you don't need a stripper to go to the back rooms. Oh, and if you shoot the doors behind the bar, they open, although it is impossible to get behind the bar to figure out what they lead to.

shadyelf

you can use shotguns in a bus lol. Thought it was only bikes.

Lord_Smasherton

The grenades can bounce off walls. Not a huge bounce, but given the right placement, you can really nail some tricky kills.

Also- you can cock a grenade and just run up behind someone if you think there's no chance you can kill them otherwise. They'll kill you, but then.... Boom!

hugh750

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this until just now.

I've also recently discovered that you can view the whole map when inside your apartment rather than just seeing that useless interior map.

Also a couple of weeks back someone mentioned in a thread that they hate having to go into the pause menu to take off a gps that they were not using...until I told them that you can select "none" in the quick menu.

Has anyone else recently discovered something that may be of some use to me or anyone else that doesn't know about?

old news

The grenades can bounce off walls. Not a huge bounce, but given the right placement, you can really nail some tricky kills.

Also- you can cock a grenade and just run up behind someone if you think there's no chance you can kill them otherwise. They'll kill you, but then.... Boom!

one thing i learned yesterday in rr, a crappy grenade throw can lead to a blownup pv if your taking cover next to it.

autobot_hotwire

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this. It was pretty awesome.

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it. Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how. When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

We can only do it with the original gestures.. lame, but pretty cool though! (:

Salute.

0_0.jpg

Bird.

0_0.jpg

Rock.

0_0.jpg

Jerk.

0_0.jpg

Ah-hem...

Works with the new "thumbs-up" too.

0_0_zps7f89c5c5.jpg

Sir Michael

^ I mentioned that two posts after I posted that. :p

I tested out the gesture-selfies a bit more and found the rest that can be done. Pictures are a bit dark.. I didn't want to wait until sunrise to take a photo. ._.

Bro Love.
0_0.jpg

Dock.

0_0.jpg

Thumbs Up.
0_0.jpg

Jazz Hands.
0_0.jpg

Edited by SirMichaelRocks23

Biohazard Abyss

You can beat up NPCs whilst in passive mode. They need to be actively trying to fight you or getting up after falling on the ground (ie you just ran into them). Hold LT to get into the fight stance then RT to hit them.

You can just press LT and RT together at the same time to punch them in passive mode.

DJ Kornphlake

^^ Been testing it with a friend. Someone has to shoot him for him to turn aggro. Once he starts, he won't stop.

And once he's out of players FoV, he will drive the tank at supercar speeds. Aaaaand, he's deadly accurate be it if you're flying or in a vehicle. Just like tanks in fort zancudo.

If he steals your buzzard, he'll fly for 10-15minutes straight out of the map. If you follow him, your plane/helicopters engine will die after a certain limit.

After 10 or 15?<Needs confirmation. minutes, Pegasus will text you informing you that your vehicle has been destroyed.

Will the mugger in the tank target players over npcs?

That could be an amazing way to troll a hotspot in free roam since other players wouldn't pay attention to him on the map.

Sangers

and you cant steal tanks while in passive mode. tested it with a crew mate. you have to be out of passive for it to work. or at least the game wont let me steal tanks while in passive.

Unless they patched it, I've jacked tanks in passive mode a number of times but other times it wouldn't work.

SurfaceNoise

^^ Been testing it with a friend. Someone has to shoot him for him to turn aggro. Once he starts, he won't stop.

And once he's out of players FoV, he will drive the tank at supercar speeds. Aaaaand, he's deadly accurate be it if you're flying or in a vehicle. Just like tanks in fort zancudo.

If he steals your buzzard, he'll fly for 10-15minutes straight out of the map. If you follow him, your plane/helicopters engine will die after a certain limit.

After 10 or 15?<Needs confirmation. minutes, Pegasus will text you informing you that your vehicle has been destroyed.

Will the mugger in the tank target players over npcs?

That could be an amazing way to troll a hotspot in free roam since other players wouldn't pay attention to him on the map.

The mugger in the tank, from my experience, only engages players. & unlike bobbing a tank from zancudo, it won't despawn and you'll know his location due to your pegasus vehicle blip.

BUT, he won't dive into heat of the battle to kill players. You've to lead players to him.

Edited by SurfaceNoise

=JudgeDrey=

Here's one I just recently found out.

The Gallivanter Baller, which sells for 9K as I'm sure everyone knows, has TWO totally different models! I couldn't believe that after chasing down this truck since the very beginning to sell daily, that there was a second one I could have been taking but kept passing up because I thought it was something else! lmao

Also, I just recently discovered the Ocelot Jackal! This car is sweet. Classy.

dwestos

Here's one I just recently found out.

The Gallivanter Baller, which sells for 9K as I'm sure everyone knows, has TWO totally different models! I couldn't believe that after chasing down this truck since the very beginning to sell daily, that there was a second one I could have been taking but kept passing up because I thought it was something else! lmao

Also, I just recently discovered the Ocelot Jackal! This car is sweet. Classy.

Like this http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/6457/BuhJl9jXikyO_UWGKGANtQ/0_0.jpg

/D

Knimme

We have automatic(well we cant shift and theres no shift-animation) in our cars but today I saw for the first time a NPC shiffted gear in their car, never seen that before!

AWEMYGOD

I never knew it was possible to call 911 on your phone and ask for police / ambulance / fire dpt.

malcolmfunktion

I never knew it was possible to call 911 on your phone and ask for police / ambulance / fire dpt.

I've never done this myself but I presumed you could because off the mission in IV when you have to get a cop car...you just call them and take the car haha

sSphInXx

Going off the radar and taking the easy way out can get you out of some sticky situations

Nomad0202

If you ride into ammu*nation on a bike you don't come out alive.

malcolmfunktion

If you ride into ammu*nation on a bike you don't come out alive.

Haha

I've gone into ammunation and before I cant even think before the guy behind the counter shoots me...is it because I might have been in stealth stance or what's up with that?

Edited by malcolmfunktion

Biohazard Abyss

Handy for calling the police to distract pesky players in free roam.