1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

malcolmfunktion

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gridl0k

• Pedinhuh

• whywontyoulisten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I discovered you can buy shoes in Ammunation about 1 second ago

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this

I've completed a fairly good amount of parachuting via fun and races....been doing so since October 1st.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that if you push in both trigger buttons at the same time, your guy tucks his legs up for a nice slowdown landing. Much less face planting going on now.

I found this out 5 days ago :lol:

• Like 2

Worthless thread

Worthless post

lol a deleted post is most certainly worthless

The mechanic has an actual phone number.

328-555-0153

Also calling 911 adds emergency services, good for calling a firetruck or alerting cops to someone griefing you while in passive mode.

• Like 1

*edit

I just stole the purple Baller Tornado from Grove street in SP and brought it to LSC. The mods it had were;

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

Just fyi :bored:

A quick update on that:

the Grove street spawns are a Ballas tornado that sells for a good 8K+ or a Ballas Peyote that sells for a whopping 12940 $ ! :D

Edited by arziben
  • Like 2

Here is something I found out recently.

On custom created races, you can't choose certain vans to be the 'fixed' ones that everyone has to drive by default.

To enable you to be able to select a certain van, you just need to make the starting grid larger.

Anyone for a Youga van race? :lol:

*edit

I just stole the purple Baller Tornado from Grove street in SP and brought it to LSC. The mods it had were;

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

A quick update on that:

the Grove street spawns are a Ballas tornado that sells for a good 8K+ or a Ballas Peyote that sells for a whopping 12940 $ ! :D

I heard about the 'gang Tornado' recently, apparently it only spawns between midnight and 6am - and sells for $12.5 k.

Haven't managed to get one yet, but will have a look now :santa:

l can drive cars in this game!

You can also 'drive' planes, helicopters and boats, but that isn't really the correct terminology for those types of vehicles.

Piloting would be more correct, but hey it's just a game - so who cares :lol:

Edited by hercules1975
  • Like 1

*edit

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

A quick update on that:

I found and sold a yellow Tornado for over 12k and it was shot up pretty bad. Think it was the Vagos car

A quick update on that:

I just found a Ballas buccaneer in Grove street, I have yet to know how much it sells for

A quick update on that:

I just found a Ballas buccaneer in Grove street, I have yet to know how much it sells for

Jusr sold it this second and got $9850 for it... :/

I have a purple Ballas Tornado, soft top, in my garage. I drive one to Grove Street late at night and there's always another there. I just take the one there and sell it for around $12.5K (the actual amount depends on how shot-up it got when I stole it :p).

My 2nd garage is just round the corner from LSC, so I just go and get my bike and the original Tornado goes back to the garage for next time.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 1

A quick update on that:

well that is still more than the highest you can get with stock cars :)

instead of repeating ourselves again and again, here is something someone posted some time ago giving the spawn locations of the modded gang vehicles

11734978765_7c6d24c4b1.jpg

I've completed a fairly good amount of parachuting via fun and races....been doing so since October 1st.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that if you push in both trigger buttons at the same time, your guy tucks his legs up for a nice slowdown landing. Much less face planting going on now.

Wow. Been playing since October myself and I did not know that either. Will try tonight, thanks!

• Like 1

Wow. Been playing since October myself and I did not know that either. Will try tonight, thanks!

That's funny that yous didn't know that...I wouldn't be able to land for sh*t without this haha

That's funny that yous didn't know that...I wouldn't be able to land for sh*t without this haha

Very funny indeed, haha. I usually land quite well actually, except in parachute races when you have to hit that bullseye..

Oh well.

Ballas Peyote that sells for a whopping 12940 $ ! :D

Thanks for that man!

There are variations on your personal gestures. A msg popped up on screen yesterday telling me how to do it but i cant remember.

Flip the bird while on foot and hit X or something...anyone else see this yet?

A quick update on that:

I've just grabbed one, sold for $9875, after I spent $495 (approx) on repairing it :santa:

• Like 1

Just noticed that the brake rotors actually turn with the wheels and the calipers stay stationary like they should. Just never noticed it before and it is sweet.

• Like 1

Very funny indeed, haha. I usually land quite well actually, except in parachute races when you have to hit that bullseye..

Oh well.

I had gotten really good at high speed landing. This just makes it cakewalk and easier to land in tighter areas. Have accomplished many, many a faceplant on the bullseye in my past.

• Like 1

When in passive you can jump in a car with another player and cook a grenade and blow them up.

With music off you can hear a lot of ambient noises (very useful in pvp cause you can hear them climbing a ladder or shutting a car door) and when you zoom in with scope you can her players from far away.

But you only hear music when you're in a vehicle. So are you listening to players climbing ladders whilst in your car?

I just noticed this recent up date that your hat can be knocked off during a fist fight

Been in the game for ages. You can also knock someone's glasses off.

In a forced and pickup weapon deathmatch, just stroll into any ammunation and pickup a better weapon.

Found this on Shotgun Wedding, where there were only sawed-offs, i went in and picked up a assault shotgun, trolled everyone.

Cant remember if you have to repurchase the gun or if its free.

Tried it last night at Shotgun Wedding and the Ammunication doors were shut. Tried shotgunning them open too. A spectator witnessed them open but on my screen they were closed and I could not pass through them.

You have back ground music, a score.

Guess All the helicopters will float lol.

Edited by lilpokerface
  • Like 2

Does the gang cars have a certain hour to spawn?

Does the gang cars have a certain hour to spawn?

I've been told between 2200 and 0400, and that's never failed me so I stand by it. I don't know if it's accurate or not though.

• Like 2

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this. It was pretty awesome.

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it. Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how. When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

We can only do it with the original gestures.. lame, but pretty cool though! (:

Jerk.

0_0.jpg

what is the color on that vacca?

Arziben Posted::::

instead of repeating ourselves again and again, here is something someone posted some time ago giving the spawn locations of the modded gang vehicles

11734978765_7c6d24c4b1.jpg

Thanks man.....knew the greens but not the others.

WV

online ID: WV121

Platform: PS3

Edited by WV121

Maybe this is amazingly obvious to everyone else because I haven't seen it posted, but if you're buying/refilling your ammo at a Ammu-Nation you can hit the square button (or equivalent on XBox) and it will then let you buy maximum ammo for that weapon with one click. This should be obvious because it says so at the bottom of the screen, but up til a week ago I never knew this and would click X a million times to fill up my ammo one clip at a time if I didn't feel like buying all ammo on a contact mission screen :panic:

• Like 4

Maybe this is amazingly obvious to everyone else because I haven't seen it posted, but if you're buying/refilling your ammo at a Ammu-Nation you can hit the square button (or equivalent on XBox) and it will then let you buy maximum ammo for that weapon with one click. This should be obvious because it says so at the bottom of the screen, but up til a week ago I never knew this and would click X a million times to fill up my ammo one clip at a time if I didn't feel like buying all ammo on a contact mission screen :panic:

And now I'm glad I didn't tease people for not knowing they could change the map from interior to world view (pressing select) even though it says it on screen....because I didn't know this one. :^:

Edited by RowanSane
  • Like 1

I've only now noticed...

Rockstar still haven't added a "Time Remaining: XX" for any bounties you have on your head.

Driving my ol' camper van earlier, obeying traffic rules like a stoned hippy hoping he doesn't get pulled by pc-plod, guy comes up behind sticky bombing it only to find he'd claimed a 1k bounty on me - which I wasn't even aware I had, and have no idea of how I'd gotten it (never received any message about it).

Oh, and a bit of a helpful hint:

In the Race Creator (at least), you can press the BACK < button to change camera, essentially allowing you to drive and set your checkpoints. Works great for harder to access areas. Not tried it to make any underground races yet.

Edited by Gaffa

what is the color on that vacca?

Most likely a crew colour.