1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

malcolmfunktion

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gridl0k

• Pedinhuh

• whywontyoulisten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I discovered you can buy shoes in Ammunation about 1 second ago

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this

I NOTICED THAT THERE WAS AN INGAME AUCTION HOUSE WHERE YOU BID FOR SETUPS ON YOUR CARS AND DECALS

Say what?

Seriously??? That's what this forum has been reduced to? We now have to explain the meaning of the word 'float'.

If you exit the helicopter and it doesn't sink then it's floating. If you have the engine running and have to keep actually flying it then it's not floating. If you disagree with this in any way then you are a moron.

ok then the f*cking helicopters are boyant, happy now!?!

I NOTICED THAT THERE WAS AN INGAME AUCTION HOUSE WHERE YOU BID FOR SETUPS ON YOUR CARS AND DECALS

Say what?

i smell a troll

When in the backseat of any vehicle and don't have acess to the radio wheel. Change the station in the pause menu and it will change for everyone in the vehicle.

Edited by stonedpimpso
  • Like 4

Seriously??? That's what this forum has been reduced to? We now have to explain the meaning of the word 'float'.

If you exit the helicopter and it doesn't sink then it's floating. If you have the engine running and have to keep actually flying it then it's not floating. If you disagree with this in any way then you are a moron.

When in the backseat of any vehicle and don't have acess to the radio wheel. Change the station in the pause menu and it will change for everyone in the vehicle.

Say what?i smell a trollHis downfall was shouting it from the roof. Lol

You can smoke weed in an apartment during a mission. Since this douchebag decided to start Landing Gear in his 2-car garage, I'm just smoking all his weed while everyone else does the mission.

This is something my fiance told me but i was sceptical...I thought she might have been confused or just pulling my leg...anyway, she claims she changed her clothes in my apartment (her clothes, not mine)... I tried to change in her apartment a short time later and I couldn't, so I called bullsh*t but she insisted...anyway, the only conclusion I had was that it was my new apartment (part of the high life) that enabled her to do this. I haven't had a chance to check it out again...if its a load of horse sh*t, I do apologize. :)

You can equip a parachute and scuba gear at the same time, thus you can jump from a plane/helicopter, parachute into the water, then swim underwater indefinitely.

HOW TO:

-Aquire a parachute (usually default when you get in helicopters or planes)

-Fly to a place where you can aquire scuba gear (a submarine place or Dinghy place)

-Park plane/helicopter in shallow water, shallow enough so that you can take off again or go back onto land to take off (helicopter easier)

-Get out of helicopter/plane, get in submarine/Dinghy, get out (scuba gear now automatically equipped)

-Quickly get back in helicopter/plane before your character takes the scuba gear off (he does so automatically when you get to land)

-Your heli/plane is in shallow water so he shouldnt take it off straight away

-Take off. Now parachute is equipped and so is parachute.

You're talking about singleplayer, there's no scuba gear in GTA:O, just the submersible. If I'm wrong, that is ABSOLUTELY game changing. Google agrees with me though. Do you have any pics? :)

This is more of a question based on an observation of something I think I noticed...

Is the time and weather the same for everyone online no matter what session they are in?

I've been in the same lobby with buddies and it was night for me and day for them. I don't know if that's standard or just a glitch.

Nope, plenty of times when theres only 2-3 of us in an invite only, we'll all have different times on our phones.

• Like 1

*buoyant*

No. Buoyancy is floating on liquid. Helicopters float on air - that is what happens when you hover, as shown in the video (the Annihilator, not the Cargobob).

They do not float on water.

I just noticed the other day that cops have started "aquiring" civilian cars to follow me when I have a wanted level. And those civilian cars then have the same capabilities as the regular police cars when it comes to having hyperspeed and the mass of a white dwarf. I swear, the cops in this game have superpowers at times..

I don't know if this is just me noticing this now for the first time, or if this is something that changed after High Life.. Anyone?

I just noticed the other day that cops have started "aquiring" civilian cars to follow me when I have a wanted level. And those civilian cars then have the same capabilities as the regular police cars when it comes to having hyperspeed and the mass of a white dwarf. I swear, the cops in this game have superpowers at times..

I don't know if this is just me noticing this now for the first time, or if this is something that changed after High Life.. Anyone?

I actually noticed this not too long ago...and I thought it was after a patch...someone told me its always been like that...it was the first time I've seen it and its rare still...but yeah, I had a cop chase me down in a Dominator haha brilliant

Gang members will also steal the nearest car to pursue you as well.

• Like 2

*buoyant*

No. Buoyancy is floating on liquid. Helicopters float on air - that is what happens when you hover, as shown in the video (the Annihilator, not the Cargobob).

ok they are not fully buoyant, but do display buoyancy. The water does exert an upward force on the helicopters albeit not enough for them to float on their own.

HELICOPTERS DISPLAY BUOYANCY PEOPLE, I think that thoroughly explains the phenomena.

*buoyant*

ok they are not fully buoyant, but do display buoyancy. The water does exert an upward force on the helicopters albeit not enough for them to float on their own.

HELICOPTERS DISPLAY BUOYANCY PEOPLE, I think that thoroughly explains the phenomena.

Other than the Cargobob, helicopters do no float on water. They have 0 buoyancy. Pure fact that cannot be disputed by anyone other than an obvious troll.

This has been around since GTA IV.

I've had a really persistent SWAT officer chase me in a tour bus around the map until he wrecked.

This is more of a question based on an observation of something I think I noticed...

Is the time and weather the same for everyone online no matter what session they are in?

I've been in the same lobby with buddies and it was night for me and day for them. I don't know if that's standard or just a glitch.

Nope, plenty of times when theres only 2-3 of us in an invite only, we'll all have different times on our phones.

haha, i was wondering about this but never confirmed it, many times ill go to los santo customs to lose the fuzz after and armored truck robbery and come back to the session right away and it was sunny when i left and dark when i return.

Other than the Cargobob, helicopters do no float on water. They have 0 buoyancy. Pure fact that cannot be disputed by anyone other than an obvious troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl5yFZJcz1c

the water exerts an upward force on all the choppers, but the cargobob does the best job of being somewhat *buoyant*

the water exerts an upward force on all the choppers, but the cargobob does the best job of being somewhat *buoyant*

Its not buoyant. Its only buoyant if it floats when the helicopter blades arent moving. If they are moving its hovering. Y r ppl dumb.

On topic

There is a house in vinewood hills that is close to Charles Mansons house. If u turn up the volume you can hear people screaming in the house and at night there will be groups of people standing on the deck partying. If you touch the people they die

I was messing around with this the other day. Helicopters (even the cargobob) don't "float" because you can't leave it parked on the water.

The cargobob is harder to sink than the others though, and will sit on the surface of the water as long as you're in it. I tried holding LT down on the surface with the Cargobob, it resisted but eventually glugged under and the water washed over it as it sunk.

Again, they don't actually float like any normal person would define the word.

It's floating for semantics sake.

se·man·tics
səˈmantiks/
noun
noun: semantics; noun: logical semantics; noun: lexical semantics
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, andconceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
    Not sure why Furry resisted this so much.... its a repeatable occurrence.

I resist nothing. I state the fact that you are incorrect. Trying to pretend a word can have different meanings does not change that simple fact.

Obvious troll is obvious. Continue without me. I shall feed the fool no more.

I was messing around with this the other day. Helicopters (even the cargobob) don't "float" because you can't leave it parked on the water.

The cargobob is harder to sink than the others though, and will sit on the surface of the water as long as you're in it. I tried holding LT down on the surface with the Cargobob, it resisted but eventually glugged under and the water washed over it as it sunk.

Amazing you guys still having this argument!

I've lost track of who has what opinion but GranSnake said about two or three pages ago that it is a combination and that is the fact, guys.

It cannot float without the blades spinning, it cannot hover on the surface with the engine in neutral without the water below it.

To put another way

- if the blades do not spin, the helicopter sinks (as in turning the engine off when getting out)

- if the ground below a helicopter sitting idle, ticking over, were to magically disappear, the helicopter would fall (you can try this with a personal vehicle getting impounded)

It doesn't fall because it is floating, but it is only able to float because the blades are applying a tiny amount of lift, or hovering.

Without one there is not the other. It is a phenomenom known as 'flovering'. (as of right now.)

Oh, and maybe you guys know but if you are not gonna land a backflip on a motorbike, let go of the Right Stick and the bike will quickly flip back to land on its wheels, quicker than you can correct it by pushing it forward

^ Its just using the influence of ground effect on aircraft and the surface tension of water.

Nothing more.

Now everyone shutup and stop derailing this thread with petty nonsense.

• Like 3

ive never had a helicopter come anywhere close to floating when ive gotten it too close to the water, lol!

In other news the sub is difficult to impossible to pick up if its in the water but if you beach it then it is easy.

I recently dropped into a session with a friend who then proceeded to leave the session which left his vehicle parked on the street. I didnt have access so I stole a car and the cops at the airport immediately saw me. I started to drive away and after a few seconds my friends fully armored, fully modded saber was all over my ass with an officer at the wheel. Was pretty funny.

If your character is black and you piss off a NPC they will sometimes call you a ni**er. Happened to me yesterday.

no they don't. Shut up. Gtfo.

I know right, he tried too hard

Edited by Mr. Rocko

It's floating for semantics sake.

se·man·tics
səˈmantiks/
noun
noun: semantics; noun: logical semantics; noun: lexical semantics
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, andconceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

Screw semantics - that's a bad attempt to get your point across.

I am gonna raise my hands and apologise though. I've tried this a ton of times and every single time the helicopter sank as soon as its body got near the water, hence my insistence that they don't float. However, I just tried it with a Frogger and first time of trying it it worked. I just got close to the water and let go of the controls so that it slowly lowered itself. It got to where the base of the body was at water level and just stayed there, with no interaction from me.

I was wrong - I'm sorry I called you a troll.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

all I was trying to say is it is floating for lack of a better word, but flovering sort of fits.

Apology accepted. (did two forum members just work out an argument civilly? Mark this day down people!)

OT: The Cargobob's cockpit is bulletproof, I've known this for a while but its valuable information none the less.

Edited by stonedpimpso

You can have 4 people on the wings of the cargo bob with snipers, RPGs etc. they just have to jump from a car or something like a barricade and press the cover button on the struts above the wings. Limiting use of L1 and R1 helps keep them from falling off.

• Like 2

You can have 4 people on the wings of the cargo bob with snipers, RPGs etc. they just have to jump from a car or something like a barricade and press the cover button on the struts above the wings. Limiting use of L1 and R1 helps keep them from falling off.

Now that's a gooder... must try.

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by cookiemonster14. View it anyway?" no....

• Like 2