4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

malcolmfunktion

Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

Tomtomsengermany
1 hour ago, McGhee said:

Yeah, prox mines stay active in a session as long as you do. Found out the hard way too. 

yeah, had an active one which i activated hours later and died. thought someone joined my solo public lobby and killed me. started to prepare for a big fight and as i realized theres no other human there ive started to kill several dozens of NPCs until i felt ive proofed myself it wasnt my fault.

Delete my EU account
28 minutes ago, Tomtomsengermany said:

yeah, had an active one which i activated hours later and died. thought someone joined my solo public lobby and killed me. started to prepare for a big fight and as i realized theres no other human there ive started to kill several dozens of NPCs until i felt ive proofed myself it wasnt my fault.

Lol, this is exactly what I thought too. "Damn! Someone got in my super secret session!" But it was a prox mine I left there ages ago, during an NC sell mission. I remembered dropping another on the same street and rode the route backwards to see if they were still there. Then I noticed a few cars blowing up in the near distance and a 2 stars Wanted level on my head. Then I knew the other prox mine had been triggered. 

It's funny how prox mines don't get triggered by NPC cars during a delivery mission, but do so in freeroam.

FuturePastNow

If you think you've left a live mine somewhere but you don't know where, the good news is that you can only have 5 out at a time. If you drop 5 more, they'll replace any older ones on the map. Vehicle proxies share this limit with the throwable ones, so you can do this for free if you have a vehicle so-equipped.

Edited by FuturePastNow

whywontyoulisten
2 hours ago, McGhee said:

Lol, this is exactly what I thought too. "Damn! Someone got in my super secret session!" But it was a prox mine I left there ages ago, during an NC sell mission. I remembered dropping another on the same street and rode the route backwards to see if they were still there. Then I noticed a few cars blowing up in the near distance and a 2 stars Wanted level on my head. Then I knew the other prox mine had been triggered. 

It's funny how prox mines don't get triggered by NPC cars during a delivery mission, but do so in freeroam.

I always enjoy driving back along the freeway after a sell mission and watching the cars in the other lane blowing up.

Gaffa

Saw this a few days ago but never really managed to get anywhere with it... so I guess players were originally going to be allowed to name their own nightclubs, but the idea was scrapped in favour of the presets. 

V6KJi8p.jpg

Office and MC Clubhouse names are set in a similar manner, so this perhaps adds to the original idea of the After Hours update being rushed. 

SpatchCock

Vehicle homing missiles won't lock on to player vehicles if you have your Player Targeting Priority set to attackers. Confused the hell out of me.

AcidXRain73
1 hour ago, SpatchCock said:

Vehicle homing missiles won't lock on to player vehicles if you have your Player Targeting Priority set to attackers. Confused the hell out of me.

I noticed this for the first time last week. I decided to go on a rampage and I looked like a tool flying around in opmk2 missing the players over and over. I think I have mine set to strangers now.

No Homing

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think if you get mugged or if you mug someone and if you don't kill the mugger yourself you can only get 2k cash from it even if the mugger took 10k.

Barnie Spacullie

Just found out there are tons of youtube videos mentoring tryhards on how to kill themselves even faster then rpging yourself. 

Imagine taking so much pride in your Kd, that you are searching how to better kill yourself. 

Oh, and its official, buzzards are useless against Oppressors. I do not know what about a buzzards homing launcher likes to pivot a few feet last second, but considering an oppressor is no more that a foot wide, a buzzard is very obsolete even against standing still players. 

11 hours ago, No Homing said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think if you get mugged or if you mug someone and if you don't kill the mugger yourself you can only get 2k cash from it even if the mugger took 10k.

No, i can confirm ive never gotten more then 10k, but you will get 10k. 

GuiltySpark

Hmm so when creating a new character it says bank and cash in the top right, also you start off with a pistol and stone hatchet instead of just the pistol now. Another thing is I noticed running is slower on this new character than my older one. Also some of the unlocks you needed a higher rank for are now unlocked at rank 1. You also get a abominable snowman mask in your inventory now when creating a new character...

Verstappen

^Running slower? I guess that it due to Stamina.

Sanches

You can take 3rd person phone shots while on parachute.

xGzL7e6.jpg

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, Sanches said:

You can take 3rd person phone shots while on parachute.

xGzL7e6.jpg

But who's taking the picture?

🤔

Taterman
10 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

But who's taking the picture?

🤔

A drone. 😀

Willy A. Jeep

A cutscene plays for players in a nightclub when the owner swaps DJs, showing the new DJ(s) exchanging their post at the turntables and moving the non-owner players to the entrance hall of the club.

Pedinhuh
On 12/1/2018 at 11:28 AM, Barnie Spacullie said:

And I can confirm I have never got anything from the Mugger if he mugs the target, flees and survives.

I have to kill him everytime if I want to get the money.

No Homing
On 12/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, Barnie Spacullie said:

Just found out there are tons of youtube videos mentoring tryhards on how to kill themselves even faster then rpging yourself. 

Imagine taking so much pride in your Kd, that you are searching how to better kill yourself. 

Oh, and its official, buzzards are useless against Oppressors. I do not know what about a buzzards homing launcher likes to pivot a few feet last second, but considering an oppressor is no more that a foot wide, a buzzard is very obsolete even against standing still players. 

That's not what I said, though.

nido997

a nice little "detail" right here ... an NPC was apparently running into troubles with his car , the Hood was opened and the engine was smoking ;)  

neven seen that before !

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Screenshot-2018-12-02

Barnie Spacullie
14 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

And I can confirm I have never got anything from the Mugger if he mugs the target, flees and survives.

I have to kill him everytime if I want to get the money.

You are supposed to kill the mugger too. I dont know where you got the idea that wasn't involved. 

Stalking players and getting them mugged, and claiming the reward is one of my favorite things to do to assholes. So i can confirm, you guys have obviously never taken the time to go all out and reclaim. If i ever did a heist or missi9n with someone and they are being an asshole, like sabotoging us i will often get them mugged as soon as the mission end and we spawn in free roam. 

Gaffa
On 12/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, GuiltySpark said:

Hmm so when creating a new character it says bank and cash in the top right, also you start off with a pistol and stone hatchet instead of just the pistol now. Another thing is I noticed running is slower on this new character than my older one. Also some of the unlocks you needed a higher rank for are now unlocked at rank 1. You also get a abominable snowman mask in your inventory now when creating a new character...

You started off with a stone hatchet and abominable snowman mask because you unlocked them on your first character. On a new account, you won't have either of those things. I guess your first character has a 'fast run' enabled, which came about in various ways and sometimes happened randomly. 

mrgstrings

You can kill npcs with the flare countermeasures of the MKII. :D

Gridl0k
On 12/1/2018 at 1:49 AM, No Homing said:

If you kill the mugger fast enough, you get 10k. If he gives it legs and you take a bit more time, 2k. Maybe there's increments inbetween but I don't think so.

Edited by Gridl0k

No Homing
46 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

If you kill the mugger fast enough, you get 10k. If he gives it legs and you take a bit more time, 2k. Maybe there's increments inbetween but I don't think so.

Nah, I think it happens when the cops kill the mugger or another player does.

kcole4001
5 hours ago, mrgstrings said:

You can kill npcs with the flare countermeasures of the MKII. :D

I've been trying with chaff (or at least to get them mad, like they do when you shoot flares with the blimp :lol:) but had no success yet.

Gaffa

The NPC in the Biker Resupply mission that you have to beat up to reveal the location of the van is interesting. 

He starts off with 1000 health and every time you punch or melee him, he gains health. Shooting him can drain it though, and with explosives. 

Some of the dudes inside Tequi-La-La on that mission seem invincible to start off with and I'm not sure if it's a glitch. They can be punched several times and don't lose any of their 200 health value. I'm not sure what triggers them to suddenly start losing health but I guess it could be related to how many enemies there are remaining. 

Edited by Gaffa

whywontyoulisten
21 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

The NPC in the Biker Resupply mission that you have to beat up to reveal the location of the van is interesting. 

He starts off with 1000 health and every time you punch or melee him, he gains health. Shooting him can drain it though, and with explosives.

This is the guy who dies with one punch every time I do this mission...

Big Molio
6 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

I'm pretty sure that I have always got the amount the mugger takes, whether it's a short chase or a long one.

rJarrr

I'm really used to having leaks for upcoming updates but it seems that we aren't getting any new ones since Yan2295 decided to not give out any more info, so my question is this, when can we expect an official announcement and how close will it be to the actual release? 

I only started playing the game after Doomsday so I'm not really in the know.

Gridl0k
16 hours ago, rJarrr said:

I'm really used to having leaks for upcoming updates but it seems that we aren't getting any new ones since Yan2295 decided to not give out any more info, so my question is this, when can we expect an official announcement and how close will it be to the actual release? 

I only started playing the game after Doomsday so I'm not really in the know.

Watch the Newswire particularly thursdays and fridays. Not much else to do. 

Edited by Gridl0k